Let's enjoy the final days! Check out what changes and events started this March here: http://maplestory2.nexon.net/en/news/article/56485/sunset-in-maple-world
MapleStory 2's servers will be officially closing on May 27th: http://maplestory2.nexon.net/en/news/article/56486/service-discontinuation

So, double drop is gone, but then we have reset.?!

thdthd
MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,605
edited 10:57AM November 8, 2018 in General Chat
So, double drop is gone, but then we have dungeon reset.
That's back to ZERO again if you think about it.

double drop 30 runs per week = non-double drop 60 runs per week (dungeon reset)

so What is the benefit here??? we are back to ZERO score again.
I would prefer double drop 30 runs per week over non-double drop 60 runs per week. why? because it is going to take a lot shorter in terms of time.

Why are people so excited bout this dungeon reset? I don't understand.

because of Extra exp, meso, chest rewards???

Who cares about dungeon reset? just give back double drop.

Comments

• JazipcJazipc
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,300
    I think it's just the thrill of running a dungeon that gets people excited. Personally, I would suggest not having a dungeon cap at all but lowering the drop rates even further. If you're someone who only farms for the best gear then it'll give you something to look forward to when you come home from work/school. Mind you, there are obviously a whole range of other activities that one can do apart from running dungeons, it's just not as thrilling for some, I guess?
    KyuukeiAnOldGeezer
  • EcchiOtakuTMEcchiOtakuTM
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,440
    edited 11:07AM November 8, 2018
    I'd rather play the game and get something from playing it.... Too much gimme gimme now. 60 dungeon runs>>>>>>>30 double drops. Far more fun involved.

That being said I wish once the cap was reached they'd simply just remove all epic loot so we can continue running them instead of hard cap on everything. Either that or a free day of runs every Saturday.
    DanDKAnOldGeezer
  • thdthd
    edited 11:08AM November 8, 2018
    Jazipc wrote: »
    I think it's just the thrill of running a dungeon that gets people excited. Personally, I would suggest not having a dungeon cap at all but lowering the drop rates even further. If you're someone who only farms for the best gear then it'll give you something to look forward to when you come home from work/school. Mind you, there are obviously a whole range of other activities that one can do apart from running dungeons, it's just not as thrilling for some, I guess?

yea hun, I wish they apply lower drop rates ONLY ON YOU, so that you will have something to look forward.
    Eisheth
  • MugcakeMugcake
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 880
    It's the same, just twice the effort.
    It's okay I guess, some people like to work hard to get what they want. The others, well... they just wait till the next event.
  • thdthd
    edited 11:10AM November 8, 2018
    Mugcake wrote: »
    It's okay I guess, some people like to work hard to get what they want. The others, well... they just wait till the next event.

I know.. I know....and yet, people are so happy and excited about dungeon reset feature with no double drop. They are acting like no brainers. So pathetic.
  • RyunaRyuna
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,045
    thd wrote: »

I know.. I know....and yet, people are so happy and excited about dungeon reset feature with no double drop. They are acting like no brainers. So pathetic.

You can tell the double drop really spoiled you.
    SherriSentineIsDanDKAieHosuBetzyDoc_Holiday
  • thdthd
    Ryuna wrote: »

it did spoil me. the only problem was, I did not get a single purple gear from tronix bunker runs.

so.. it was 60 tronix runs with double drop. Oh ya, I got lots of double blue gears, but not a single purple gear.
  • MugcakeMugcake
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 880
    I mean, it's clearly not mandatory, and if you're planning on playing casually or just chilling with friends a few times a week, it's your choice. I understand people who are happy because they dedicate more time to the game and probably get bored when they have nothing else to do in the game, hunting world bosses is not very rewarding, and running dungeons with no rewards just to help others is... well, it can only be fun for so long. So, if they feel like running twice the amount of times will help them progress faster and keep them busy, I think it's great, I really do.
    I will keep running my 30 weekly dungeons and if my times allow it, I'll probably reset and do a few more runs, but I'm not sure I'll finish all 60. Still good, I guess!!
  • thdthd
    edited 11:22AM November 8, 2018
    What Im saying is, 30 with double drop is better and more efficient than 60 with no double drop.
    Do you not agree??????? Less time consuming

Of course, it would be better for hardcore players if its 60 with double drop.
    mirta000
  • MiaosMiaos
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,175
    It's to reward those who grind more, since there's no cash involved in gear progression if you stick it out and grind 60 runs you'll be rewarded for grinding 60 runs.
    DanDK
  • Induced_ApathyInduced_Apathy
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 600

it did spoil me. the only problem was, I did not get a single purple gear from tronix bunker runs.

so.. it was 60 tronix runs with double drop. Oh ya, I got lots of double blue gears, but not a single purple gear.

That sucks man. Listen without double drop and six alts I was able to get some epics to drop in one week. Good runs for that week. That's 180 runs on six accounts. Got a weapon for each class plus an extra and full mk52 suit. Some weeks were dry and I got zilch even with double drop. Story of this accounts life I suppose since I only got one maple leaf and spent all my coins on that gacha wheel. Other account got a few with half that spent. Oh well.
  • PilikenPiliken
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,540
    The 60 dungeons on 1 character a week will give you more onyx if you only farm with one character due to the chest rewards. Speaking of RNG, I got 3 Kandura's Pendants to drop over 4 alts running 110 dungeons (gave up on the last few for my 4th character). While that might seem kind of lucky, i failed enchanting my 4th alt's weapon from +9 > +10 over 10 times and failed 3 +12 > +13 attempts (with 33% success chance, extra weapons + 3 fail stacks) on my main.
  • thdthd
    Piliken wrote: »
    The 60 dungeons on 1 character a week will give you more onyx if you only farm with one character due to the chest rewards. Speaking of RNG, I got 3 Kandura's Pendants to drop over 4 alts running 110 dungeons (gave up on the last few for my 4th character). While that might seem kind of lucky, i failed enchanting my 4th alt's weapon from +9 > +10 over 10 times and failed 3 +12 > +13 attempts (with 33% success chance, extra weapons + 3 fail stacks) on my main.

Do you have life??
    iRusty
  • MiskyMisky
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 780
    Do you know that double drop is an event and dungeon reset is a testing feature?
    You dont have to run 60 dungeons if you dont want, but they are trying to give the playerbase more options to get gear for the chaos raids.
    What happens when you hit the dungeon cap with 1 character and want to farm more? you level another character. This gives an advantage to the people that level alts over the people who only play with a main, that's why they are testing this dungeon reset thing.

That said, do you prefer having 30 dungeons this week and no double drop or the possibility to run 60 dungeons?
  • mirta000mirta000
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 8,385
    I didn't even max my dungeon runs. I have everything at +9, I can do maybe 3-4 runs a day. Every 2 days or so I had enough to attempt another upgrade once. Got to say this is a real drag.
  • DarrithDarrith
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,495
    Miaos wrote: »
    It's to reward those who grind more, since there's no cash involved in gear progression if you stick it out and grind 60 runs you'll be rewarded for grinding 60 runs.

Rewarded with tons of enchanting fails for 6+ hours of monotonous grinding, oh boy!
    ANortmirta000smol_burritoMeso_ManClericeruBananaCat
  • KhalykKhalyk
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 2,400

I NEVER completed 30 runs a week I think the closest I got was 25 playing basically only on weekends... I got to 4k GS. What were you doing that after multiple weeks of double drops that you were still running for purples in tronix...
    AliceWhat
  • LuminaEdgeLuminaEdge
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 8,435
    Not everyone can get their 30 runs done and it gets harder to find parties as the week goes on due to differing schedules.

I run well past 30 runs every week to help the rest of my guild get their runs done because some of them just arent available for the first 3 days after reset. I'm glad to help but it felt pretty bleh to not get rewards for continuing to run.

With this change however, I have reason to join in parties past 30. and so will many other people. Meaning that less active people see more party activity overall. Its a good change and i honestly hope it stays.
    DanDKmirta000EcchiOtakuTM
  • DanDKDanDK
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 33,645
    edited 4:29AM November 9, 2018
    The difference here is that the double drops was a limited time event which was not even a great idea to begin with but just wanted to rush people to progress a bit further towards the upcoming chaos raids. As a result, for a limited time, people progressed a lot faster.
    The reset button is a general permanent fix to handle the issue that alts give way too many benefits since they bypass limits. Now people can stay on their mains for most of the week and 60 runs are enough to cover almost all except for the most extreme players. But they still have to spend time on a per-run basis and not just get double rewards for same effort.
    Darrith wrote: »

Rewarded with tons of enchanting fails for 6+ hours of monotonous grinding, oh boy!

Everyone has the same risk of failing.
    Also, you said it yourself, 'monotonous' because of the game design. Blame Nexon for making bland and boring dungeons boss fights instead of having actual MMO dungeons. The drop rates and limits are simply additional layers to cover up for the fact that there's no real content.
    lillucario
  • MiaosMiaos
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,175
    edited 7:46AM November 9, 2018
    Darrith wrote: »

Gotta cater to those hardcore min maxers who needs to feel special about getting those stats amirite. [Sarcasm box that indicates sarcasm in the statement]

But tbf I probably won't find myself doing 60 runs regardless of dungeon limit most of the time, but some people would probably do 200 if there was no limit, this is just a bandage way Nexon made up for people who say they don't have content to do because all they want is gear progression.