May 27th is finally upon us. Please feel free to join us on the last day as the servers come down one by one. More details here: http://forums.maplestory2.nexon.net/discussion/46192
MapleStory 2's servers will be officially closing on May 27th: http://maplestory2.nexon.net/en/news/article/56486/service-discontinuation

Share trophies across characters.

TendiezuTendiezu
MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,095
in Suggestions and Feedback
Getting the same trophy on every single character for attribute/skills points is annoying, and there are tons of other outfits, perks and bonuses that get locked up until you do it all over again, some of which takes dozens of hours or more. Please link them to all characters so players can save time.
  1. Share trophies across a players account.13 votes
    1. Yes
       69% (9 votes)
    2. No
       31% (4 votes)

Comments

• DocDoomDocDoom
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,265
    What's the point of making them global if one of the character progression agenda comes from trophies?
  • Amelia20Amelia20
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 470
    Doing this will kill the charm of main a class, so no, the game is already very easy, rip more content just make palyers get bored faster.(on things like cash items like emotes or event items etc. i agree)
    Robotease
  • TendiezuTendiezu
    Amelia20 wrote: »
    Doing this will kill the charm of main a class, so no, the game is already very easy, rip more content just make palyers get bored faster.(on things like cash items like emotes or event items etc. i agree)

They will not get bored faster. Doing repetitive tasks is boring, having to complete the same task again for something you've already earned is boring. If its a monumental task I feel like you should have the benefit of the trophy affecting more than one character if its something like cosmetics, dyes or skill/attribute points.
  • RoboteaseRobotease
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 440
    Amelia20 wrote: »

So think about the Halloween event, right. That was a shared event across your entire account, which meant that only one character got the goods from the event. I dunno about everyone else, but that annoys me, cause I have a full roster of alts but I had to pick which one was getting what items, and that stinks. If only one character on my roster got the rewards from trophies and exploration, think of all the ability points, skill points, and experience your other characters would miss out on.
  • AlexstrazsaAlexstrazsa
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 805
    A lot of the trophies in this game are incredibly repetitive and tedious, so I've been wanting this almost since day one.
  • NaishoDayoNaishoDayo
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,000
    With how current guild trophies work, probably not best idea. Since I have 1000+ trophies, I would just create 6 more alt with 1000+ trophies just to boost the guild up.
    And yes, trophy doesn't mean much in guild except for bragging rights. Initially I wanted all trophies to be account based too, but now... I just don't care about collecting on my alts and just do so on my main. Even the perks from trophies are a minor thing for alt characters; as I am not trying to min-max them.
    Tendiezu
  • TendiezuTendiezu
    NaishoDayo wrote: »
    With how current guild trophies work, probably not best idea. Since I have 1000+ trophies, I would just create 6 more alt with 1000+ trophies just to boost the guild up.
    And yes, trophy doesn't mean much in guild except for bragging rights. Initially I wanted all trophies to be account based too, but now... I just don't care about collecting on my alts and just do so on my main. Even the perks from trophies are a minor thing for alt characters; as I am not trying to min-max them.

Fair point.
  • NekoLilyNekoLily
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 2,500

There's the fact that with 1000+ trophies, your alts will automatically gain at least 100+ trophies upon creation because of the account wide ones. I doubt they should make them all account wide as the boss kills are already account wide
  • NaishoDayoNaishoDayo
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,000
    Tendiezu wrote: »

Fair point.

Though I do agree that having the cosmetic unlocks be account wide would be nice (even if it does not come with the corresponding trophy unlocked).
    Tendiezu
  • AnamiAnami
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,590
    Not all trophies, but at least the ones that unlock dyes and cosmetics, maybe skill points and AP too. Believe me the fishing prized trophies aren't even worth it(Pyromander, Vilequill, Machodile, etc) cause it only unlocks for that character and those fish are rare, not to mention getting a prized version? Oof.