May 27th is finally upon us. Please feel free to join us on the last day as the servers come down one by one. More details here: http://forums.maplestory2.nexon.net/discussion/46192
MapleStory 2's servers will be officially closing on May 27th: http://maplestory2.nexon.net/en/news/article/56486/service-discontinuation

this game is going downhill fast - error 10053

Comments

• SherriSherri
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 8,580
    edited 12:58PM November 2, 2018
    or you could not buy dungeon runs and quit being lazy!
  • HeimerdingerHeimerdinger
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 2,870
    PinkFoxxy wrote: »
    getting to 60 is way too easy , i afk barded 3 characters to 60 and then they keep giving you vouchers to do it again on the next characters, its like a cycle of unlimited AFK experience , but after you are 60 getting decent gear to just do normal content is ridiculous

" getting to level 60 is too easy" *goes on to explain how they CHOSE to afk a character all the way to level 60*

the point was to show that you can bard to 60 and its easier than playing the game, maybe they should tone it down? kind of like they toned down furnishing exp because people were cheese leveling from that?
  • BuuuuuutwhYBuuuuuutwhY
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 920
    edited 2:54PM November 2, 2018
    My sister barely plays this game because of this error. She gets dc'd at least every 20 minutes, and she's on wifi.

I sell dungeon carries. Some of the people in my party are only buying because they DC all the time. They're on wifi as well.

I'm wired directly into the modem on fiber and have only experienced this error maybe 3 times total since I started playing Oct 14, and I play a lot.

It's definitely related to how strong of an internet connection you have but even people with my circumstance aren't immune to the error. Fortunately for those on wifi, Nexon recognizes that expecting their base to be wired in is a losing strategy. This issue is on Nexon's side and it's getting fixed in 6 days. I don't see the point you're trying to make by complaining about the error right now. I also don't see the point in trying to say it's the fault of the individual when Nexon has already stated that isn't true. A lot of talking without saying anything.
    Heimerdinger
  • SyrusMarufujiSyrusMarufuji
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 3,395
    I dont get the error as often as other people seem to, and I have terrible internet shared with 5 people. I've even been able to go to sleep and remain logged in when I wake up.

It feels like having music contribute to leveling is adding to that "if you have an exploit, players will almost always use it" thing. I have enough performance vouchers to level all my characters to 60. But its still a choice to use it. It is a temptation yeah though, which I suppose is the problem.

But yeah, this game doesnt feel like its meant to be played 18 hours a day.
    Heimerdinger
  • KhalykKhalyk
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 2,500
    WAtheAnum wrote: »
    i get it every 2-5 minutes depending on what i am doing in the game , and i've done every fix on the list they gave, its a lost cause

i kinda can second this. i pretty much did a lot already to my internet/network/router too, reseting my router, restaring, reinstalling it, creating a new outcomeline, opening ports, conection fixes, firmware update(again), etc.

somtimes i get this error like 3 times in a row too. So tbh, i will not say the game sucks now for this error but i sure would say i wish they fixes it or help us with a more "direct info" what we actually can do to prevent said error happens. i cant fix something if i duno who has to fix it or what i have to fix, if it is "i" who has to fix it anyways...

As
    Kiwano wrote: »
    Khalyk wrote: »
    MOST people DONT experience it, therefor ITS ON YOUR END NOT NEXONS.

Well, not necessary. The game client is on your end as well. The cause has't been revealed, yet, so it may just be that the client can't handle certain situations or system configurations. And from I know, the MS2 client requires a very reliable connection and it handles timeouts and delays rather badly.

Erm, the cause has been revealed, 10053 is a unstable data connection to the client, WHY it happens can be varied, its exactly why I suggested for them to try and go through a VPN because most people with 10053 errors are going "I tried everything my connection is fast its not on my end" Not understanding that different ISP's sometimes have different connection protocol's and it is absolutely possible for it to "Not be on their client side" and not be on Nexon's server side and still be a problem. Its also why if they had tried everything I suggested trying a free VPN because that then changes the final connection point from IP>ISP>Nexon server to IP>VPN client>ISP>VPN server>Nexon server. It helps narrow down if a problem might lie within the difference in how your ISP handles packet loss and how Nexons server handles packet loss, an example being if your ISP's connection doesnt do anything until you hit 3% packet loss, but Nexon's servers disconnect you if they detect over 2% packet loss(Total hypotheticals btw) it could be why the problem isnt extremely wide spread and only some people are falling into these "packet loss sweet spots"
    ZarozianAsuraDandy
  • KhalykKhalyk
    No connection error problems on my end (nor anyone I know personally) but I agree with basically everything else the OP said. This double drop event may be making people happy in the short term, but it is basically punishing anyone that wanted to take the game seriously, i.e. founders that jumped on board for a head start. This is a pretty blatant equalization process, specifically to remove any advantage that people that paid 100$ for to get. A lot of the tryhards like myself (although I thought of myself as casual until posting in this forum; apparently I'm a tryhard) feel like this event is pretty much kicking us in the junk for working hard, spending millions of mesos, joining tryhard guilds, making investments in what we assumed would be a functional economy etc.

The people happy about these changes are happy because it's "sticking it to the man", i.e. the people that worked hard to get ahead, but one day, their turn will come, and they'll be railing about their in game wealth being wiped out, and achievements nullified with an upcoming patch, mark my words. It's a bad precedent to set, imho.

Well my UO brother maybe let me try and add a silver lining, I understand not being able to play during "double drop" sucks and feels like you may be getting way behind, but the other thing its doing is driving prices WAY down on pretty much all the epic gear. Example, last week I checked for my Runeblader on the epic scythe because at the very least I wanted to turn it into a weapon skin later, it was averaging about 15 mil. This morning I checked the black market and there were 3 of them up for 2.5-2.7 mil. People have spent 10's of millions of mesos to be "ahead" in gear for a week basically, hopefully once you get the problem fixed you can "buy in" exponentially lower and be almost as close GS anyways.
    Techn0mancer
  • zlOwOlzzlOwOlz
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 865

you have to spam runs and deal with consistent bots,RNG , being kicked at the end of runs by assholes,error 10053s, etc, just to get the gear score to even TRY the hard dungeons

what bad RNG indeed, i've never been kicked by players, because I join groups through group finder where they need carries to run with them
  • PotPot
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 650
    edited 1:00AM November 3, 2018
    Yeah this game is sh*t . Error 10053 all day, every day. F*ck this sh*t.
  • MommaMakoMommaMako
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,280
    I think the sheer amount of bots being made every day may be breaking the servers just a bit
    Heimerdinger
  • KelKel
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 405
    10060 plagues me more than 10053, at least with 10053 i can get back into the game right away when it happens. Get home, start up the client, stare at error 10060 after region select until the servers "decide" to let me in. Might give vpn a try. Tried every other solution related to 10060 (firewall, antivirus, connections, contacted isp, cmd. promps, etc). Can log into mabi, MS1, and vindictus no problem..why not this game? *sigh*
  • thigh_highsthigh_highs
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 920
    I've been playing daily since launch at least 6 hours a day, sometimes leaving the game open for more than 12. Never experienced these issues, and my internet connection isn't necessarily spectacular. It's really early to say the game is "going downhill", keep in mind the game is still brand new and won't be perfect anytime soon, there's tons of issues Nexon has to work on and its subjective as to what's considered priority. Not everyone's going to be happy with what they work on first. Be glad they've addressed the issue and plan on implementing a fix. Also why complain about AFKing characters to cap and buying runs instead of playing the game for fun? Don't sabotage your own enjoyment and then whine about it lol.
    Tsene
  • TseneTsene
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 4,485
    edited 10:46PM November 6, 2018
    Just to point out: you being a founder doesn't mean a thing. All players are equal. Just because some spend more money, or started playing during the cbts, doesn't make their presence on this game special. Neither is their opinion on things more important.

I've encountered the error maybe 5 times so far in a month or so. It is a shame however that some players aren't able to perform normally due to this error.
    AliceWhat
  • ReziRezi
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,465
    Kasoras wrote: »
    I heard a vpn will help a lot, give it a try.

Well, Nexon is dumb enough to think that VPNs are third party programs (cool beans: they're not), so you'll get banned if you use one.

Or, at least, if they have evidence that you're using one. And since the vast majority of IPs in existence are dynamic, that's not easy to determine.
  • NiamhNyxNiamhNyx
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,480
    If it was on Nexons end EVERYONE would experience it because EVERYONE connects to Nexons server infrastructure... MOST people DONT experience it, therefor ITS ON YOUR END NOT NEXONS. Its LITERALLY the top stickied post in the first position on the tech support thread...

Not everyone would experience it. Have you played TERA or League before when they have some server issues? Yes a lot of people get affected but not EVERYONE.
    I have also done some tests in multiple games to see if it was my connection, each test was 10 hours of either being afk or being bored out of my mind in custom moba games.

TERA: 10 Hours no DC, BnS: 10 Hours no DC, League: 10 Hours no DC, Dota 2: 10 Hours no DC, ESO: 10 Hours no DC, FFXIV: 10 Hours no DC, Smite: 10 Hours 1 DC, WoT: 10 Hours no DC, War Thunder: 10 Hours no DC, Fiesta: 10 Hours no DC, Elsword: 10 Hours 1 DC
    and
    MapleStory 2: 10 hours 23 DC.

I dont care how much you want to say its only on our side. My testing says otherwise.
  • FearmypawsFearmypaws
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,085
    edited 4:02PM November 7, 2018
    I've been playing daily since launch at least 6 hours a day, sometimes leaving the game open for more than 12. Never experienced these issues, and my internet connection isn't necessarily spectacular. It's really early to say the game is "going downhill", keep in mind the game is still brand new and won't be perfect anytime soon, there's tons of issues Nexon has to work on and its subjective as to what's considered priority. Not everyone's going to be happy with what they work on first. Be glad they've addressed the issue and plan on implementing a fix. Also why complain about AFKing characters to cap and buying runs instead of playing the game for fun? Don't sabotage your own enjoyment and then whine about it lol.

Few ppl get dc during in raid n get teleported out is huge waste of time plus why do we even needed to be thrown out of instance the moment you dc’d? Just leave us there in idle for at least a minute or something or tombstone us. Honestly this is 2018, not 2000, I hardly see any nexon notices anywhere in this forum n yet they only announced upcoming crap n stuff like that. Nexon need to step up ahead of time to aware this issue oh that issue oh idk that issue crap.
  • SherriSherri
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 8,580
    cough
    I will say though, this is annoying. I hope the new update fixes this issue.
  • DreamerZDreamerZ
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,340
    This error is basically whats pushing me away atm. I dont exp this in any other game...
  • KhalykKhalyk
    NiamhNyx wrote: »
    If it was on Nexons end EVERYONE would experience it because EVERYONE connects to Nexons server infrastructure... MOST people DONT experience it, therefor ITS ON YOUR END NOT NEXONS. Its LITERALLY the top stickied post in the first position on the tech support thread...

Not everyone would experience it. Have you played TERA or League before when they have some server issues? Yes a lot of people get affected but not EVERYONE.
    I have also done some tests in multiple games to see if it was my connection, each test was 10 hours of either being afk or being bored out of my mind in custom moba games.

TERA: 10 Hours no DC, BnS: 10 Hours no DC, League: 10 Hours no DC, Dota 2: 10 Hours no DC, ESO: 10 Hours no DC, FFXIV: 10 Hours no DC, Smite: 10 Hours 1 DC, WoT: 10 Hours no DC, War Thunder: 10 Hours no DC, Fiesta: 10 Hours no DC, Elsword: 10 Hours 1 DC
    and
    MapleStory 2: 10 hours 23 DC.

I dont care how much you want to say its only on our side. My testing says otherwise.

Besides you obviously not understanding how network infrastructure works your testing is not only misguided its delusional... Ive never played Terra but I have played League so lets use that as an example. League games are 5v5 or 3v3 games. Lets set an arbitrary number and say every league server can handle 100 games at a time. Lets say 1000 people are playing so their are 10 servers going. So 10 games are going on per server. OBVIOUSLY IF ONE SERVER GOES DOWN NOT EVERYONE GETS DISCONNECTED BECAUSE NOT EVERYONE IS ON ONE SERVER.
    Moving on to your "testing"... Maybe you didnt read through this entire thread but you testing your connection on other games literally doesnt matter because your not testing how YOUR ISP is handshaking with NEXONS SERVERS... If you would read through the rest of the posts you would see that last week I guessed that Nexon's servers probably had an arbitrary threshold for packet loss where Nexon disconnects you(Probably to protect against packet injection hacks), and that the small group of people experiencing this problem were probably on ISP's who didnt try and restablish a connection unless they hit a certain amount of packet loss, and these certain connections were falling in a "sweet spot" of where their ISP wasnt detecting anything wrong to do anything about it, but Nexons servers were saying the loss was too high and disconnecting the user. Its why a VPN could fix the problem because its changing the last server to server connection and possibly the stability of said connection. And if you would look at Nexons updates of how they are trying to fix the issue in this next pacth it looks like I may have been on the right path because all they changed was that the server no longer instantly disconnects you from the server when it detects instability and gives you a much larger window for the connection to stabilize. Thats about as Barney style as I can break it down for you my dude...
  • KhalykKhalyk
    TLDR - Just because its not an instability between your computer and router, but rather your ISP, still means the problem is on YOUR SIDE.
  • PotPot
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 650
    edited 1:37AM November 8, 2018

Hey I like your game MS2. You may as well just rewrite the game into a single line infinite while loop displaying the error 10053 disconnection popup.
    Heimerdinger