Let's enjoy the final days! Check out what changes and events started this March here: http://maplestory2.nexon.net/en/news/article/56485/sunset-in-maple-world
MapleStory 2's servers will be officially closing on May 27th: http://maplestory2.nexon.net/en/news/article/56486/service-discontinuation

Please do not make event rewards RNG

IOI2IOI2
MapleStory 2 Rep: 265
in General Chat
In the dev blog by Jungsoo maplestory2.nexon.net/en/news/article/37221/producer-blog-mapleopoly-event-compensation, it is stated that " this event was fully designed and intended for anyone giving enough time to complete before Nov. 8" and "Even without the board completion Maple Coins, the event is still achievable to complete to its end goal, getting the Fluttering Maple Set and Flying Maple Leaf." yet I did not obtain the Flying Maple Leaf even though I have used nearly every coin I obtained on the roulette.

The exploiters get all the rewards and go unpunished, while people like me lose out on an event badge, title and mount. Thanks Nexon for the amazing event!
DanDKMeso_ManCariseiidontreallyknowman

Comments

• SyrusMarufujiSyrusMarufuji
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 3,395
    Did you log in every day? I got both sets within about 2 weeks playing from launch.
    Veremisia
  • KhalykKhalyk
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 2,400
    RNG rewards are fine and literally used in EVERY SINGLE MMO CREATED. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, Still dont have Frost scythe of Ahune or Headless Horseman and Love Rocket mounts from WoW's seasonal events after like 8 years. Sometimes you have to learn to deal with disapointment.
    SyrusMarufujiEinoKyotheman
  • IOI2IOI2
    Event Duration: End of Maintenance, Wednesday, Oct. 10th - Start of Maintenance, Thursday, Nov. 8th. I never missed a single day.

I am also not a stranger to RNG. if I don't get a drop from a boss then it's fine, I'll just keep trying until I do. However, if I'm TOLD(from the producer blog) that the event is DESIGNED to give enough time to get all the rewards, then that's a completely different story.
    DanDKMeso_Man
  • SyrusMarufujiSyrusMarufuji
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 3,395
    I'm not sure what to tell you. The maple spin event in particular was kind of designed like a gachapon which is a staple in f2p mmos.
  • KhalykKhalyk
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 2,400
    IOI2 wrote: »
    Event Duration: End of Maintenance, Wednesday, Oct. 10th - Start of Maintenance, Thursday, Nov. 8th. I never missed a single day.

I am also not a stranger to RNG. if I don't get a drop from a boss then it's fine, I'll just keep trying until I do. However, if I'm TOLD(from the producer blog) that the event is DESIGNED to give enough time to get all the rewards, then that's a completely different story.

I know how they wrote it wasnt particularly clear. But im pretty sure what they meant was that logging in daily would give you enough coins to complete the 50 trips around the board of mapleopoly to attain the costume. I know they also included the maple leaf mount in their write up, but I believe that was in error as the entire rest of the paragraph they were writing about was about how they were giving bonus coins at lvl 50 to make up for the people that were achieving all the extra coins by making trips around the board before the fix. I think they accidentally mentione the maple leaf in error as a reward from the board.
  • IOI2IOI2
    I'm not sure what to tell you. The maple spin event in particular was kind of designed like a gachapon which is a staple in f2p mmos.

I agree with you on this, but that wasn't the problem (I should have worded the title better). The problem was telling us that the event was designed to give us enough time to get all the rewards and not getting said rewards at the end of the event even with 100% participation and attendence.

Khalyk wrote: »
    IOI2 wrote: »

I know how they wrote it wasnt particularly clear. But im pretty sure what they meant was that logging in daily would give you enough coins to complete the 50 trips around the board of mapleopoly to attain the costume. I know they also included the maple leaf mount in their write up, but I believe that was in error as the entire rest of the paragraph they were writing about was about how they were giving bonus coins at lvl 50 to make up for the people that were achieving all the extra coins by making trips around the board before the fix. I think they accidentally mentione the maple leaf in error as a reward from the board.

When you put it that way, it makes sense. It was just a simple mistake. If we do give them the benefit of the doubt then I'll have to once again, chalk it up to another episode of me having awful luck.
    Khalyk
  • shokiliciousshokilicious
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,400
    I did not exploit the first day and still got my 50 rounds around the board and 10 mapple leafs (1 for every alt)
  • KyothemanKyotheman
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 410
    edited 10:10AM November 8, 2018
    RNG rewards are fine and literally used in EVERY SINGLE MMO CREATED. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, Still dont have Frost scythe of Ahune or Headless Horseman and Love Rocket mounts from WoW's seasonal events after like 8 years. Sometimes you have to learn to deal with disapointment.

couldn't say it better myself, i still haven't able to farm those rare mounts that roam open world in past xpacs, but it doesn't get me down. Agree RNG huge thing in rpgs and mmorpgs a like, have people not play RPG before when you kill mobs and get herb or item drop that's RNG. Guys not everyone will get that item to drop in their play through, only if you do ton of grinding.

I remember in dragon quest 8 was grinding first area near first town for items, what was sad i bought everything then i had fight and boomerang dropped i was "gah" i could of saved gold lmao
  • FuriousOniFuriousOni
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 550
    Well this is a bummer. I only got 2 maple leaves and 100+ coins on my 3rd alt saved to roll again today after work. I guess... I won't be rolling for my 3rd leaf.
  • Meso_ManMeso_Man
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 2,130
    Mapleopoly was RNG but the halloween one wasn't, so there's a 50/50 chance the thanksgiving event won't be RNG.
  • Induced_ApathyInduced_Apathy
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 600
    edited 11:29AM November 8, 2018
    I did not exploit the first day and still got my 50 rounds around the board and 10 mapple leafs (1 for every alt)

I did my 50 rounds and got exactly one maple leaf after using every coin since release. The other account I have has 4 or 5 leafs. The wheel was rather harsh.
  • Meso_ManMeso_Man
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 2,130
    edited 12:08PM November 8, 2018
    So I just read the patch notes and it says you can get a yellow flower glider, which looks similar to the maple leaf. Yay GMS2 Nexon team.
  • thigh_highsthigh_highs
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 920
    It was a totally reasonable event. Someone's just mad they weren't lucky enough to get what they wanted.
    Eino
  • XenociderOmegaXenociderOmega
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 3,800
    101 times around the board and 5 maple leaf mounts. I went around the board 51 times just from last night.
  • ArjuneArjune
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 2,090
    It was a totally reasonable event. Someone's just mad they weren't lucky enough to get what they wanted.

immature response -rolls eyes-
  • ReziRezi
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,465
    edited 10:48AM November 9, 2018
    101 times around the board and 5 maple leaf mounts.

That's not even how it worked. The mount wasn't even on the board; it was on the spinner.
    Khalyk
  • BakaAnikiBakaAniki
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 4,620
    Sometimes you have to learn to deal with disapointment.
    Ye.. that's what my parents told me I should learn from them.
  • XenociderOmegaXenociderOmega
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 3,800
    Rezi wrote: »
    101 times around the board and 5 maple leaf mounts.

That's not even how it worked. The mount wasn't even on the board; it was on the spinner.

I know that I only used 100 coins on the wheel and got the mounta