Check out the patch notes for the v17 Precursor Update here: http://maplestory2.nexon.net/en/news/article/53778/precursor-update-v17

How prepared do you feel for tomorrow

SecrotsSecrots
MapleStory 2 Rep: 2,475
in General Chat

Have you done your research on CDev? Have you already played it before? Is your GS just at the bare minimum? Proper attributes like boss damage? Have a guild prepared to run with? Does your guild have compositions created for better chance of success?

This is a judgement-free zone. Let me hear your tales and woes.

1. Prepared?64 votes
    1. Literally can't even participate
       36% (23 votes)
    2. Bare minimum but at least I can play
       11% (7 votes)
    3. Somewhere in the middle. Could be better.
       30% (19 votes)
    4. I'm pretty sure I'm overkill
       11% (7 votes)
    5. Don't care at all
       13% (8 votes)

Comments

• KyuukeiKyuukei
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,095
    Even double drop event couldn't help me getting kanduras pendant or good accuracy gear but I think I'm fine. My guild is still lacking enough geared people for the raid
  • MiaosMiaos
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,165
    Me and my 10% piercing is ready for rejections.
  • SecrotsSecrots
    Miaos wrote: »

If you have Scion of Light as a furniture design, it's an extra 4% pierce. I don't think that many will reject 14%.
    mewberi
  • BeariieBeariie
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,815
    Got way to bored to the point I just stopped caring.
  • MiaosMiaos
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,165
    Secrots wrote: »

If you have Scion of Light as a furniture design, it's an extra 4% pierce. I don't think that many will reject 14%.

Yee, the thing is 10% is with scion of light, all my RNG went into 4%, 4%, 3% 1.5% boss damage armor
  • zlOwOlzzlOwOlz
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 865
    75 gs score off from the minimum req 4500, got all my piercing, just need more runs LOL
  • merpellamerpella
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 755
    I'm a thief main. I START getting the rest of my equipment tomorrow. 3k gs and 3.5k attack, now I can run dungeons and not get destroyed by the fair fight mechanic, or (hopefully) kicked by my party for just being a thief. Hopefully.
    Shawnyy
  • Nanachi_CCCPNanachi_CCCP
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 2,900
    I'm 5.2k gs priest and i will remove all my points from healing otherwise people will say things like "priest did least damage what a noob"
    dps charts are love,dps charts are life.

My berseker is nearly raid-ready too,i could just yolo armor items but i focus on my weapons instead
  • EveryyNameIsTakenEveryyNameIsTaken
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 510
    edited 11:00PM November 7, 2018
    I'm 5.2k gs priest and i will remove all my points from healing otherwise people will say things like "priest did least damage what a noob"

My berseker is nearly raid-ready too,i could just yolo armor items but i focus on my weapons instead

I would think that most people who are geared for Chaos raids know that priests going in should not be specced for pure dps.
  • RalleYTNRalleYTN
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,615

I dont understand why anyone would even expect the support to make damage. the role of the support is to support and make sure that the dps can do dps with less deaths in the process.
  • NaishoDayoNaishoDayo
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,000
    Assassin; 5.5k Atk, 1.9k Def, about 10% Pierce w/ scion (& varre wing), 9.8% physical piercing, 96 accuracy. LF chaos raid!
    Haha...
  • RaxRax
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 945
    edited 2:15AM November 8, 2018
    I think many people are going to be sorely disappointed when trying CDev tomorrow. I see maybe 1 out of every 20 4500+ players being properly geared for the fight. I expect GD to be on fire tomorrow with an angry mob of people that are upset because their minimum effort, minimum gearscore characters can't clear CDev.

To answer your question, I had to delay our guild raid for now. We just aren't ready. I see so many people shouting in world chat with "Raid Ready guild looking for Knight!" and whatnot, then I'll look at the person who shouted and they'll be 4700gs with 82 accuracy and a +12 weapon. I think they should have waited a bit before releasing the raids, and bunched them in with the December update. A large majority of players just aren't going to stand a chance in there tomorrow. Not that the fight looks hard, beating the timer just looks really tough, nigh impossible if you don't have the accuracy to hit the boss.
    DanDKKyuukei
  • DanDKDanDK
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 33,530

Everyone uses Scion of Light, it's basically common sense. People will look at how much pierce you have without it, and using it won't give you any advantage over anyone else.
  • BananaCatBananaCat
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,450
    I got gummies and rootbeer. am ready for anything! ;)

• Nanachi_CCCPNanachi_CCCP
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 2,900
    I've upgraded my epic shoes to +15 to hit 5000 gear score on my berseker
    my weapon is still +9 but people are not smart enough to care.
    It is always"looking for 4k gs dps" never "looking for +13wep dps"
    :^)
  • NilremNilrem
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 6,050
    Maple Guide
    Meanwhile I'm ready to laugh at the possibility of everyone being massively overprepared for Cdev.

...and awaiting the 8k or so Gearscore Fire Dragon party ads.

...As I wait for Soul Binder alongside the realization that I'll have to grow my gearscore all over again.
    The ride never ends.
    Eino
  • SecrotsSecrots
    DanDK wrote: »

Everyone uses Scion of Light, it's basically common sense. People will look at how much pierce you have without it, and using it won't give you any advantage over anyone else.

With the amount of people that have asked me why my pierce doesn't match the attributes on my gear, I'm pretty skeptical it's "everyone." Plenty clearly don't know about it since they're still learning about the game.
    To answer your question, I had to delay our guild raid for now. We just aren't ready. I see so many people shouting in world chat with "Raid Ready guild looking for Knight!" and whatnot, then I'll look at the person who shouted and they'll be 4700gs with 82 accuracy and a +12 weapon. I think they should have waited a bit before releasing the raids, and bunched them in with the December update. A large majority of players just aren't going to stand a chance in there tomorrow. Not that the fight looks hard, beating the timer just looks really tough, nigh impossible if you don't have the accuracy to hit the boss.

I can agree about the accuracy. I managed to hit 90 but most people in my guild are at 82-85 since everyone put so much emphasis on other stats. I think not many people are going to value it until they see the raids hit. I would say a team of +12 DPS should be enough though. The clear video showcased what seems like a team of +11s and they almost managed it.
  • XenociderOmegaXenociderOmega
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 3,780
  • NaishoDayoNaishoDayo
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,000
    edited 8:05AM November 8, 2018
    I've upgraded my epic shoes to +15 to hit 5000 gear score on my berseker
    my weapon is still +9 but people are not smart enough to care.
    It is always"looking for 4k gs dps" never "looking for +13wep dps"
    :^)

I rarely, if ever, see people look for 4k "gs dps". It's usually either 4k gs or 4k dps. I, myself, look for dps as gs says little about the potential damage you can output. Of course player skill and experience matters a lot, but with the plain numbers we are given, higher dps is the most reliable in general (pierce and accuracy would contribute a big part to the damage in chaos raids too).
  • thdthd
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,605
    Ok so.. does priest have to worry about piercing, dmg, accuracy?? Or not? My gs is over 4500 but. Other stats are below the requirement. I can support, but if people say, Im not allowed in raifs party because I lack dps.. then I dont know what to say.