Check out the patch notes for the v17 Precursor Update here: http://maplestory2.nexon.net/en/news/article/53778/precursor-update-v17

Friend request from mesos sellers

remsrems
MapleStory 2 Rep: 500
Posts: 24
Member
in Suggestions and Feedback
Why can't we right click their names/profiles to report/ignore them?
PikangieLinalla

Comments

  • Mirab3lleMirab3lle
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 720
    Posts: 16
    Member
    judging by how many threads there are about this and how few posts with mod input im seeing, becaue nexon literally doesnt care at all
  • GandalfTheGayGandalfTheGay
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 655
    Posts: 10
    Member
    Mirab3lle wrote: »
    judging by how many threads there are about this and how few posts with mod input im seeing, becaue nexon literally doesnt care at all

    nexon does care, they just cant do much about it until they have come up with a countermeasure
  • DrakesBlueDrakesBlue
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,330
    Posts: 88
    Member
    Seems really silly that I have to accept these guys' friend requests just to report them. How are they even getting my name to send the request? I haven't been chatting and they're not in the same area as me.
    Pikangie
  • PikangiePikangie
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 915
    Posts: 39
    Member
    edited 7:33PM November 6, 2018
    DrakesBlue wrote: »
    Seems really silly that I have to accept these guys' friend requests just to report them. How are they even getting my name to send the request? I haven't been chatting and they're not in the same area as me.

    This is what I wonder too... I can be in an empty map just flying around, no bots or other players in the map and I didn't do any dungeons yet or go to any other maps (since logging in)... and suddenly I get flooded with like 3+ bot friend requests out of nowhere.
  • remsrems
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 500
    Posts: 24
    Member
    Now I'm getting invited to groups that get spammed by those mesos sellers and they leave and you can't even report/block from name uniquely, that is so easy to change or implement in terms of feature it's just an oversight and lazyness at that point.
    I know I won't be spending a dime for that single reason.
  • CryonomicCryonomic
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,295
    Posts: 55
    Member
    Pikangie wrote: »
    DrakesBlue wrote: »
    Seems really silly that I have to accept these guys' friend requests just to report them. How are they even getting my name to send the request? I haven't been chatting and they're not in the same area as me.

    This is what I wonder too... I can be in an empty map just flying around, no bots or other players in the map and I didn't do any dungeons yet or go to any other maps (since logging in)... and suddenly I get flooded with like 3+ bot friend requests out of nowhere.

    My guess would be they copy all the names from players who visit the map they are in into a central hub and from that hub they take names at random and after a certain number, they post their site and leave. Same could be with the friend requests.