Check out the patch notes for the v17 Precursor Update here: http://maplestory2.nexon.net/en/news/article/53778/precursor-update-v17

Lets' be Brutally Honest for Once

Comments

• AcheronsAcherons
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 975
    I feel like you shouldn't be telling people how they should interact and and feel @Rezi
    Leilafi
  • DracoKamiDracoKami
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,610
    Girls have a lot cute clothes, boys don't, I want to play dress up (I feel like a lot of people probably feel that way). Also outside of like 2-3 classes I prefer the girl voice.
    Leilafi
  • SherriSherri
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 8,580
    DracoKami wrote: »
    Girls have a lot cute clothes, boys don't, I want to play dress up (I feel like a lot of people probably feel that way). Also outside of like 2-3 classes I prefer the girl voice.

That's another thing.. the VA for guys often isn't very good compared to female characters, at least IMO.
    I like Heavy Gunner's male VA though, as much as the female. I also enjoy the Archer's.
    But the other ones just don't really.. I don't know.. too manly? Heck I don't flippin know how to explain it
  • KugelblitzKugelblitz
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 780
    I do love playing my cute chibi-chan.
  • tinyfruitbattinyfruitbat
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 505
    Speaking of girls + games:
    I have not seen any gamer girl or anime girl in my school yet. They do play like candy crush type of games though, but mostly busy spending time on social media.
    This is so funny
    Just because people don't run around saying "I'M A GAMER" doesn't mean they don't play games. I usually avoid talking about games at all irl lmao
    GretaLeilafiVerdantEishethSherri
  • AcheronsAcherons
  • DarrithDarrith
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,495
    The female voices are obnoxious. I literally move away from mining when they’re failing because they’re so stupid. Male wizard on the other hand is pretty good.
    Howlye
  • GretaGreta
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 2,080
    Darrith wrote: »
    The female voices are obnoxious. I literally move away from mining when they’re failing because they’re so stupid. Male wizard on the other hand is pretty good.

Oh lmao. I just remembered how annyoing female Runebladers voice can get when gathering... xD
    Cryonomic
  • CryonomicCryonomic
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,295
    Greta wrote: »
    Darrith wrote: »

Oh lmao. I just remembered how annyoing female Runebladers voice can get when gathering... xD

"Unacceptable! Intolerable! Unacceptable! Intolerable! Unacceptable! Intolerable!....." Don't mind me, just trying to get the last piece out of the mysterious meteorite tree on my male HG.
    GretaShayarahlaAcheronsZenjionSherri
  • ReziRezi
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,465
    Not really certain what you mean by that. What feels right is simply what feels natural to a person.

You believed it was wrong but felt it was right. That's a contradiction. An individual's feelings affect their morality; if you really felt it was right, you wouldn't have considered it wrong, and vice versa.

Indeed, but that doesn't change the fact that I liked him at the time, and we could no longer be together. I would even go far as to argue he was my first love, which is pretty crazy since I was 18 at the time.

Then that wasn't catfishing. Catfishing is when you intentionally fake a relationship with someone to get material benefits from it. If you really liked him, you weren't catfishing.

I don't think you realize how pissed off people get if you don't tell them something like that and allow them to continue to hit on you without them knowing.

That's why I said - just tell them you're not interested, or that they need to know you better first. Most people who get angry over that are those who don't really care about you in the first place and never will because they see you as a target rather than a person.

Every relationship in existence starts off with sex and gender (well usually ... might be wrong with today's political correctness .. but I can't think of any situation where those two things don't apply at the start of a relationship), so I have no idea what you mean.

I'm just saying that there's no need to tell them something personal because it's none of their business. If they're really discriminatory, and you tell them right off the bat, they'll talk about you behind your back and get other people to hate you. Most people aren't that mean, but unfortunately the ones that constantly hit on people certainly are.

I'm just saying it's probably better for your social health if you refuse to give such people the time of day altogether.
  • AlyuAlyu
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 400
    edited 4:13AM November 5, 2018
    I'm a straight male... I play male priests... Ussually main healer/support classes... But I love to make my characters as cute as possible with pink hair... My brother always think I'm playing female characters and some people even thought I was a girl because of my characters .-.

Can't a dude be cute AF?

Even my guildmates thought I wasn't straight and I know them around an year or so... Found that a few months ago :P
  • MarchinBunnyMarchinBunny
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 8,245
    Rezi wrote: »
    You believed it was wrong but felt it was right. That's a contradiction. An individual's feelings affect their morality; if you really felt it was right, you wouldn't have considered it wrong, and vice versa.
    No, see you are not comprehending what I said. There is no contradiction because of context. I felt catfishing the guy was wrong. But being a girl felt right. Maybe I wasn't clear enough when typing it out.
    Then that wasn't catfishing. Catfishing is when you intentionally fake a relationship with someone to get material benefits from it. If you really liked him, you weren't catfishing.
    Ahh, I see. I looked it up earlier and the definition said, "lure (someone) into a relationship by means of a fictional online persona." ... so I don't know.
    That's why I said - just tell them you're not interested, or that they need to know you better first. Most people who get angry over that are those who don't really care about you in the first place and never will because they see you as a target rather than a person.
    But how do I know if I am or am not interested? How would I know they would get angry about it if I don't say anything?
    I'm just saying that there's no need to tell them something personal because it's none of their business. If they're really discriminatory, and you tell them right off the bat, they'll talk about you behind your back and get other people to hate you. Most people aren't that mean, but unfortunately the ones that constantly hit on people certainly are.
    Well, to be fair, it's not like I tell them instantly as soon as they start hitting on me. They have to be doing it enough for me to feel like I should tell them, as in ... not just playful hitting on me or being silly ... but they are actually trying to get to know me. In other words, it's not like this. Random: "Hey babe (insert pick up line) ...", Me: "I am transgender." XD

I usually also gauge them before I tell them anything. So chances are, I would know at least somewhat the kind of person they are before I tell them. I think the issue is, you are taking my statement maybe a little to literally when I said "I now pretty much always come forward as being transgender as soon as it seems someone is hitting on me" ... but it's why the "Pretty much" is in there, cause it's not every single time if it's just a random. It's also why I said "as it seems" ... in other words actually hitting on me and not just playing around. It can take some time before I figure that out. There are some people who just love to make others embarrassed/blushy and flustered for fun, in those cases I wouldn't tell them, in fact, I usually just play along.
    I'm just saying it's probably better for your social health if you refuse to give such people the time of day altogether.
    Not too concerned. I been through a lot, and don't think anyone online can do anything to me that I haven't already had happen or worse in real life. Also, surprisingly ... I have had the least issues online and in games.

Rezi
  • AcheronsAcherons
    @MarchinBunny Yes you explained your standpoint thoroughly thank you!
  • BanchanBanchan
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 710
    Lmao why does it matter to you? Are you trying to hit up pixels? Losers.
  • VerdantVerdant
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 510
    I'm a girl but I greatly prefer the Male Cosmetic Options that you can get for free. ( Gloomy Ponytail... <3 )
  • FearmypawsFearmypaws
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,085
    edited 2:57PM November 5, 2018
    I love playing as female character cuz.... i feel like sexy her up or make her cute is fun or gothic for the fk fun out of it. Why not?
  • yudcyudc
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 990
    edited 3:39PM November 5, 2018
    Female wizard has undeniably the best voice and nothing can change my mind because it's a fact.

ex. 6:20 vs 12:20
    spacepizzacatSherri
  • AcheronsAcherons
    I made a Male Wizard yikes.
  • AcheronsAcherons
    @yudc I've seen that video before!
  • Brids17Brids17
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 200
    I normally prefer to play male characters but I found they're all pretty ugly, where as the females all look very cute. That said, I always correct people who assume I'm actually a girl. I have no interest in trying to trick people.