Check out the patch notes for the v18 Kritias Expansion here: http://forums.maplestory2.nexon.net/discussion/45974

[NA-Middle East] How much Skin is too much?

Comments

  • LeilafiLeilafi
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 935
    Posts: 40
    Member
    Saraneth wrote: »
    Bulbasaur wrote: »
    Bizu wrote: »
    being able to wear panties underneath your over-sized shirts and hoodies is a fashion choice for some women / kids. There's nothing inherently wrong with panties until someone else add the sexual context to them.

    So you think there's nothing wrong with showing your underwear in public? Lol.

    This is a game. Not the public.

    But no. I don't see an issue even if you were out in public irl. Why so sensitive?

    Yeah I don't see an issue either. If I recall right, Panties were designed so that you don't show off your areas, either way...
    It's a piece of clothing you're using to cover up yourself like the rest of your clothing. They were invented to keep out stuff that would cause problems
    and to keep in anything that would be embarrassing. I don't see why anyone even gets turned on by underwear in the first place.
    Greta
  • GretaGreta
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 2,080
    Posts: 65
    Member
    edited 1:23AM November 4, 2018
    I see Bulbasaur once again derailed a thread just because they can't accept someone elses opinion.
    I'm impressed how VFM's did not do anything about these derailed threads. Some people here should get warnings for derailing over silly arguing which happened on so many pages.
    I guess some reporting should happen here...
    CarbonCoalSyrusMarufuji
  • BulbasaurBulbasaur
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 2,525
    Posts: 233
    Member
    Greta wrote: »
    I see Bulbasaur once again derailed a thread just because they can't accept someone elses opinion.
    I'm impressed how VFM's did not do anything about these derailed threads. Some people here should get warnings for derailing over silly arguing which happened on so many pages.
    I guess some reporting should happen here...

    Technically it was the OP who derailed their own thread by making a comment about wearing exposed underwear in public. I simply responded to it. And then somebody else responded to my comment.

    For the other thread, discussing the subject in which the thread is centered on isn't derailing. "Arguing" isn't derailing.
    Meso_Man
  • GretaGreta
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 2,080
    Posts: 65
    Member
    edited 9:35AM November 4, 2018
    Bulbasaur wrote: »
    Greta wrote: »
    I see Bulbasaur once again derailed a thread just because they can't accept someone elses opinion.
    I'm impressed how VFM's did not do anything about these derailed threads. Some people here should get warnings for derailing over silly arguing which happened on so many pages.
    I guess some reporting should happen here...

    Technically it was the OP who derailed their own thread by making a comment about wearing exposed underwear in public. I simply responded to it. And then somebody else responded to my comment.

    For the other thread, discussing the subject in which the thread is centered on isn't derailing. "Arguing" isn't derailing.

    And you kept answering them, even though you weren't forced to. You did this on few other threads as well. Someone said something you disliked, but you kept continuing to disagree and try to prove that they were wrong. Just by looking in your activity i can see that all your comments lately are made in arguing over this whole sexualized chibi deal.
    Silence is always best choice honestly. Everyone has their own opinions and preferences, there's no use to argue over something pity. You are wasting your and our time here so just give up.
    AnOldGeezerCarbonCoal
  • BulbasaurBulbasaur
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 2,525
    Posts: 233
    Member
    edited 8:01AM November 4, 2018
    Greta wrote: »
    And you kept answering them, even though you weren't forced to.

    1. Right, and you placed your cutoff (for who actually derailed the thread) on the 2nd person, which happened to be me. Why didn't you pick the person who responded to me as being the one who derailed the thread lol? They and another person kept responding to my comments too.
    2. You're doing the exact same thing now, lmao.
    Greta wrote: »
    Someone said something you disliked, but you kept continuing to disagree and try to prove that they were wrong.

    Someone said something I disagreed with. Do you know what derailing means? It means going off topic. As long as the discussion was centered on the subject of the thread, in which it was on the other thread, it's not derailing.
    Greta wrote: »
    Everyone has their own opinions and preferences, there's no use to argue over something pity.

    I enjoy having people critically analyze their own opinions on a topic. If you don't like thoughtful discussion, don't partake in it and don't call out others for doing so.
  • GretaGreta
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 2,080
    Posts: 65
    Member
    Bulbasaur wrote: »
    Greta wrote: »
    And you kept answering them, even though you weren't forced to.

    1. Right, and you placed your cutoff for who actually derailed the thread on the 2nd person, which happened to be me. Why didn't you pick the person who responded to me as being the one who derailed the thread lol? They and another person kept responding to my comments too.
    2. You're doing the exact same thing now, lmao.
    Greta wrote: »
    Someone said something you disliked, but you kept continuing to disagree and try to prove that they were wrong.

    Someone said something I disagreed with. Do you know what derailing means? It means going off topic. As long as the discussion was centered on the subject of the thread, in which it was on the other thread, it's not detailing.
    Greta wrote: »
    Everyone has their own opinions and preferences, there's no use to argue over something pity.

    I enjoy having people critically analyze their own opinions on a topic. If you don't like thoughtful discussion, don't partake in it and don't call out others for doing so.

    You are doing this again i see. I'm done with you.
  • BulbasaurBulbasaur
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 2,525
    Posts: 233
    Member
    edited 8:02AM November 4, 2018
    Greta wrote: »
    Bulbasaur wrote: »
    Greta wrote: »
    And you kept answering them, even though you weren't forced to.

    1. Right, and you placed your cutoff for who actually derailed the thread on the 2nd person, which happened to be me. Why didn't you pick the person who responded to me as being the one who derailed the thread lol? They and another person kept responding to my comments too.
    2. You're doing the exact same thing now, lmao.
    Greta wrote: »
    Someone said something you disliked, but you kept continuing to disagree and try to prove that they were wrong.

    Someone said something I disagreed with. Do you know what derailing means? It means going off topic. As long as the discussion was centered on the subject of the thread, in which it was on the other thread, it's not detailing.
    Greta wrote: »
    Everyone has their own opinions and preferences, there's no use to argue over something pity.

    I enjoy having people critically analyze their own opinions on a topic. If you don't like thoughtful discussion, don't partake in it and don't call out others for doing so.

    You are doing this again i see. I'm done with you.

    Good. Someone here is either a hypocrite or actually didn't read, or both.
    Bulbasaur wrote: »
    2. You're doing the exact same thing now, lmao.

    BeariieHowlye
  • SyrusMarufujiSyrusMarufuji
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 3,395
    Posts: 202
    Member
    I tried to get the conversation back on track multiple times and just gave up when they baselessly accused me of supporting adult content ugc in this game, jumping to conclusions and changing the goalposts to fit their narrative

    But hey. "sage" doesnt exist on these forums so all we ended up doing was repeatedly promote this issue and thread.
    GretaCarbonCoal
  • TamakiSakuraTamakiSakura
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 7,000
    Posts: 461
    Member
    edited 12:03PM November 4, 2018
    Miguelx wrote: »
    Yes, I see the gym bloomers which is an actual non sexual piece of clothing that is used in various medias across the planet.

    If you've ever watched a track and field event, you've seen athletes wear them. I'd hardly call the Olympics obscene.

    AnOldGeezer
  • ReziRezi
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,465
    Posts: 100
    Member
    edited 12:23PM November 4, 2018
    Just going to put out here that some of those "risky" outfits on these adult chibi characters look exactly like the clothes that actual young children are currently wearing in the US. Not even the US's own clothing industry cares. The only people who care are ultracons who don't even allow their children to play games in the first place.

    I'm not defending perversion or taking a stance or anything. I'm just saying that it's really difficult to take anyone seriously that talks about these clothes being inappropriate for and sensualizing children when children wear some of these so-called indecent clothes in public like it's completely normal.

    This is only for the US, mind you, not anywhere else. I understand someone from other parts of the world having a fit about it. But in the US? Not really.


    But to answer the thread's title question: No skin is too much. Too much would be if you included actual body parts other than normal skin, or indents/shapes representing them, or if you specifically design a piece of clothing to force the onlooker to pay attention to a lewd area of the body.

    Using Madria as a perfect example, her chest item does not shape anything. The outfit actually puts a focus on her stomach and head. I don't see anything wrong with what she's wearing. But some NPCs have models that force the onlooker to focus on lewd sections, like that biker girl's breasts; that I'd understand might make some people uncomfortable because it's actually accentuating something commonly deemed lewd. But at the same time, I don't think the mechanic girl from FF15 - who has about the same body model - was lewd at all, so it's a really thin line for me.
    SyrusMarufujiZarozianCarbonCoalVeremisia
  • ZarozianZarozian
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 3,520
    Posts: 421
    Member
    You know. Too much exposure to sexy things could lead to a decline in birthrates, maybe even a dislike towards sex, just like Japan. o -o

    From what I have seen, people seem to do it more often when they are more suppressed about it than they are when it's everywhere and more open.

    Did you know that the US is having declining birthrates as well? ;D

    https://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-way/2018/05/17/611898421/u-s-births-falls-to-30-year-low-sending-fertility-rate-to-a-record-low

    Although this might be because of the sharp increase in beta males in the US. =/
  • ReziRezi
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,465
    Posts: 100
    Member
    edited 12:50PM November 4, 2018
    Zarozian wrote: »
    You know. Too much exposure to sexy things could lead to a decline in birthrates, maybe even a dislike towards sex, just like Japan. o -o

    Did you know that the US is having declining birthrates as well? ;D

    Japan has an extremely low birthrate because of outrageously long working hours and an ultraconservative society that believes that a woman's relationship with her husband is for creating and caring for children and nothing else, as well as commercial support for "no-life" culture that wants men and women to use idols as intermediaries for real relationships.

    The US has declining birthrates because of a major spike in abortions due to lack of financial opportunities that allow a single parent (most are now due to a lack of loyalty to one's partner) to properly care for a child, and a lack of faith in alternative options like adoption services. The US economy is fortunately growing stronger now and jobs are returning, but abortion culture is still on the rise because of politics.

    While it's certainly true that the more exposure there is in society, the more desensitized people are to said exposure, that has nothing to do with personal attraction and therefore has no effect on the birthrate.

    Also, please remember that this is a family-friendly game and forum, so please don't use links and words that directly specify something that is not appropriate. This thread is on the line as it is.
    SyrusMarufujiCarbonCoalVeremisiaZarozianDishonestea
  • DishonesteaDishonestea
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,035
    Posts: 105
    Member
    edited 12:48PM November 4, 2018
    Zarozian wrote: »
    You know. Too much exposure to sexy things could lead to a decline in birthrates, maybe even a dislike towards sex, just like Japan. o -o

    From what I have seen, people seem to do it more often when they are more suppressed about it than they are when it's everywhere and more open.

    Did you know that the US is having declining birthrates as well? ;D

    https://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-way/2018/05/17/611898421/u-s-births-falls-to-30-year-low-sending-fertility-rate-to-a-record-low

    Although this might be because of the sharp increase in beta males in the US. =/

    It's because kids are expensive and take a lot of time. Better not have one if you can't support one.
    ReziGretaAnOldGeezer
  • SyrusMarufujiSyrusMarufuji
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 3,395
    Posts: 202
    Member
    After growing up in a community where my peers were mostly "mistake" children who grew up mentally and physically abused, starving, and enslaved by their families as babysitters for their other 3 or 4 miserable siblings. I am fine with a declining birth rate in the U.S.
    GretaAnOldGeezer
  • PinkFoxxyPinkFoxxy
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,090
    Posts: 66
    Member
    Sherri wrote: »
    PinkFoxxy wrote: »
    and who are you? if youre going to butt in, atleast make it worth my time

    ummmm you're forgetting this is a public forum meaning anyone can reply to what you post -_-

    i knew somebody was going to comment this, which is why i said If youre going to butt in, atleast make it worth my time
  • BulbasaurBulbasaur
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 2,525
    Posts: 233
    Member
    edited 3:59PM November 4, 2018
    I tried to get the conversation back on track multiple times and just gave up when they baselessly accused me of supporting adult content ugc in this game, jumping to conclusions and changing the goalposts to fit their narrative

    Here's what we DO know.

    1. You stated that people have issues if they found anything "sexual" in an outfit that doesn't expose the character's genitals.
    2. When people said no to BDSM/fetish gear, you stated these aren't "real world equivalents" to children, so these sexual outfits are ok.
    3. You liked almost every post that supported BDSM/fetish gear being in game.

    If that isn't a clear indication of support for "adult content" UGC in game, then I would really like to know what your definition of "support" is.
    Rezi wrote: »
    Just going to put out here that some of those "risky" outfits on these adult chibi characters look exactly like the clothes that actual young children are currently wearing in the US. Not even the US's own clothing industry cares. The only people who care are ultracons who don't even allow their children to play games in the first place.

    I'm not defending perversion or taking a stance or anything. I'm just saying that it's really difficult to take anyone seriously that talks about these clothes being inappropriate for and sensualizing children when children wear some of these so-called indecent clothes in public like it's completely normal.

    This is only for the US, mind you, not anywhere else. I understand someone from other parts of the world having a fit about it. But in the US? Not really.


    But to answer the thread's title question: No skin is too much. Too much would be if you included actual body parts other than normal skin, or indents/shapes representing them, or if you specifically design a piece of clothing to force the onlooker to pay attention to a lewd area of the body.

    Using Madria as a perfect example, her chest item does not shape anything. The outfit actually puts a focus on her stomach and head. I don't see anything wrong with what she's wearing. But some NPCs have models that force the onlooker to focus on lewd sections, like that biker girl's breasts; that I'd understand might make some people uncomfortable because it's actually accentuating something commonly deemed lewd. But at the same time, I don't think the mechanic girl from FF15 - who has about the same body model - was lewd at all, so it's a really thin line for me.

    Normal children DON'T wear this in public:

    81bo0tM.png

    or this

    tog1tNY.png

    or this (I believe this is an NPC but still shouldn't be in game)

    WIH8yqb.png

    Speaking of Madria, children don't normally wear this either

    6W4epwB.png

    and if you claim that Madria is an adult, most women who wear this wear it in private for their SO in the bedroom.

  • polerpoler
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 775
    Posts: 8
    Member
    edited 3:59PM November 4, 2018
    Aie wrote: »
    Kewkky wrote: »
    Aie wrote: »
    PinkFoxxy wrote: »
    i wouldnt really care, but i know how some of yall act. Yall be sexualizing tf out of the elin in tera.
    THEY LOOK LIKE KIDS!!! IDC IF THEY "ARE OLD BUT JUST LOOK YOUNG" (that sorry azz excuse) IT DOESNT MATTER!!!! and on top of that theyre half animal too!


    they arent kids tho.
    im 21 and i look 14 does that mean i can't be sexual?

    Nope. You're not allowed to be sexual. Your existence creates pedophiles. Shame on you!

    oh no! Now i have to live my whole life as a child even tho im a legal adult and every country!! im gonna cry

    Don't worry about that, Some people like people smaller than them. Unless you look really young and your boyfriend/girlfriend gets mistaken for a pedophile.... well 14 is pretty young huh.... You can't look that young right? I hope so.
  • SyrusMarufujiSyrusMarufuji
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 3,395
    Posts: 202
    Member
    Im not having this conversation with you anymore, considering the fact that youre taking issue with stuff in the nexon game itself and are classifying everything as bondage gear.
    CarbonCoalGreta
  • ZarozianZarozian
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 3,520
    Posts: 421
    Member
    Rezi wrote: »
    Zarozian wrote: »
    You know. Too much exposure to sexy things could lead to a decline in birthrates, maybe even a dislike towards sex, just like Japan. o -o

    Did you know that the US is having declining birthrates as well? ;D

    Japan has an extremely low birthrate because of outrageously long working hours and an ultraconservative society that believes that a woman's relationship with her husband is for creating and caring for children and nothing else, as well as commercial support for "no-life" culture that wants men and women to use idols as intermediaries for real relationships.

    The US has declining birthrates because of a major spike in abortions due to lack of financial opportunities that allow a single parent (most are now due to a lack of loyalty to one's partner) to properly care for a child, and a lack of faith in alternative options like adoption services. The US economy is fortunately growing stronger now and jobs are returning, but abortion culture is still on the rise because of politics.

    While it's certainly true that the more exposure there is in society, the more desensitized people are to said exposure, that has nothing to do with personal attraction and therefore has no effect on the birthrate.

    Also, please remember that this is a family-friendly game and forum, so please don't use links and words that directly specify something that is not appropriate. This thread is on the line as it is.

    Okay mom. o -o

  • ZarozianZarozian
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 3,520
    Posts: 421
    Member
    Zarozian wrote: »
    You know. Too much exposure to sexy things could lead to a decline in birthrates, maybe even a dislike towards sex, just like Japan. o -o

    From what I have seen, people seem to do it more often when they are more suppressed about it than they are when it's everywhere and more open.

    Did you know that the US is having declining birthrates as well? ;D

    https://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-way/2018/05/17/611898421/u-s-births-falls-to-30-year-low-sending-fertility-rate-to-a-record-low

    Although this might be because of the sharp increase in beta males in the US. =/

    It's because kids are expensive and take a lot of time. Better not have one if you can't support one.

    Wow I'm really glad people are wising up. ;O

    Those days of irresponsible pregnancy and single mothers are finally over now huh?

    Can't wait to see what the new generation will be like. o -o