Check out the patch notes for the v17 Precursor Update here: http://maplestory2.nexon.net/en/news/article/53778/precursor-update-v17

How do you deal with people hitting on you...

Comments

• LeilafiLeilafi
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 935
    NaishoDayo wrote: »
    @OP

Just hit them back. But harder... you know, like punch them. Or give them a slap, if that's your thing.

Jokes aside, I would probably just ignore them like I ignore bots.

Not a bad thing to do, ignoring them.
  • NaishoDayoNaishoDayo
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,000
    Leilafi wrote: »
    @OP

Just hit them back. But harder... you know, like punch them. Or give them a slap, if that's your thing.

And sometimes that's the best thing to do. No need to make a problem out of something when no problem is found. Helps minimize stress in life.
    And first of all, I would find it extremely shady if someone offers me candy then asks for my contact info. hahah
    AnOldGeezer
  • LeilafiLeilafi
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 935
    @OP

And sometimes that's the best thing to do. No need to make a problem out of something when no problem is found. Helps minimize stress in life.
    And first of all, I would find it extremely shady if someone offers me candy then asks for my contact info. hahah

Problem is, people will find problem in anything, where there were none in the first place.
    AnOldGeezer
  • NaishoDayoNaishoDayo
    @OP

Problem is, people will find problem in anything, where there were none in the first place.

Yup, and I'm not envious of those people. I much prefer my easygoing attitude. ;p
    Leilafi
  • wrexnfxwrexnfx
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,145
    Saraneth wrote: »
    wrexnfx wrote: »
    I wish people would hit on me. I am 31 and have never had it happen once. Forever alone :(

It's okay! You should try some dating apps, if you haven't already.

I have tried but my anxiety always takes over and stop me. Though I have been working on that for the past year so maybe I should give it another go? Hmm
    wrexnfx wrote: »
    I wish people would hit on me. I am 31 and have never had it happen once. Forever alone :(

It's okay! You should try some dating apps, if you haven't already.

I have tried but my anxiety always takes over and stop me. Though I have been working on that for the past year so maybe I should give it another go? Hmm

There’s no easy work around with anxiety. I’ve been blessed with confidence and charisma. All I can do is wish you luck. I enjoy having a partner closer than a friend and perhaps you will too.

I’m rooting for you. : )
    Kugelblitz
  • RalleYTNRalleYTN
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,615
  • KugelblitzKugelblitz
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 780
    edited 3:39AM November 5, 2018
    I block them. Had some creepy guy hitting on me the other day and then he started getting all weird and acting like we had known each other for years irl. Before I blocked him I told him he was being creepy and he said "I'm starting to think all you people don't know what creepy means". Sounds like he has been told it a few times lol.
  • GreenSoup2HoTGreenSoup2HoT
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,300
    Would be easier if you let people know your name.
  • iZxiZx
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 630
    Zarozian wrote: »
    iZx wrote: »
    there are going to be more kids who play, over adults

I think it's the exact opposite.

Really? because if it looks to me that most of those adults don't know how to behave like an adult
    and are more child like. Can you call them adults if they're not trying to behave like one over a game such as this?

You must be new to the internet

No they are new to this world.

Since the beginning of time maturity isn't measured by age but by the Super Ego, the Ego, and the Id. As well as by emotions VS logic. ;D

Those whose actions are controlled mainly by the super ego and would make decisions and take actions based on logic over emotion, are people who are more in control of themselves and as such they are more mature! The real adults! Properly raised and grown up! = w=

Of course those who are driven by their emotions and by their Id(Impulses) are the ones who are usually immature. Study shows that there's a clear link between this and a lack of a stronger father figure. o -o

If these so called "adults" have had Batman as their father, except instead of focusing on both his jobs, he makes sacrifices to spend a lot of time with them, educating you and talking to them, as well as teaching and guiding them, like what their real fathers should of done, they would of turned out super mature and morally upright! ;D

It is evident that no child or adult wishes to disappoint Batman if they were their father. o -o

I agree on what you said, but it is kind of a contradiction.. using ";D" or "=w=" after every statement shows immaturity.

Regardless in regards to the OP, people are going to hit on you. Welcome to an MMO.. better yet welcome to the Internet.

Especially if your character is a cute chibi girl...

Well what about ";D" and "= w=" makes it immature? ;O

Cause usually maturity is based on mentality and level self control. So perhaps my explanation painted a wrong image in your head, we don't need to a realist or a pessimist and stoic like Batman. = w=

Plus those emotes are necessary, otherwise I come off as too serious and unapproachable. = 3=

@Zarozian Well, you mentioned self-control. You cant control yourself as to not using ':D' after every statement?

I stated I agree with you on your explanation of "maturity" but you are still contradicting yourself with the emotes. (Speaking on being "mature while acting immature)

When I was as the age of 12 ~14 I used things like "xD" and stuff after each statement. I simply grew out of it though and realized I didnt need to "xD", ":D", etc after everything I say just makes me seem immature and childish.

Without the emotes your statements would be taken more seriously. You actually wouldn't be unapproachable or seem to serious in the slightest. You do seem young and immature though. C:

Howlye
  • GinsamaGinsama
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,940
    *wall of text about emojis*
    XDDDDDD
    ( . _.)b

( . _.)

( ¬ .¬) It's time to stop.

AnOldGeezer
  • DanteYodaDanteYoda
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 970
    I'd take it as a compliment.
  • NaishoDayoNaishoDayo
    DanteYoda wrote: »

Sure... At first maybe. Then they'd stick to you like glue and whisper sweet nothings to you all day. Then proceed to try to bribe you with candy and then ask for your contact info. Finally they ask to meet your parents.
    It can get annoying very fast if the receiving end does not intend to reciprocate the 'love' (or lust). hahah
    AnOldGeezer
  • DanteYodaDanteYoda
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 970
    DanteYoda wrote: »

Sure... At first maybe. Then they'd stick to you like glue and whisper sweet nothings to you all day. Then proceed to try to bribe you with candy and then ask for your contact info. Finally they ask to meet your parents.
    It can get annoying very fast if the receiving end does not intend to reciprocate the 'love' (or lust). hahah

Being single i'd be ok with that, its hard enough finding the right lady, one that sticks like glue would be a pleasant surprise... That said i don't get stalkers unfortunately.
  • Blackmoth27Blackmoth27
    lol imagine actually getting hit on. ;-;
    DanteYoda
  • LyraIeiLyraIei
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,270
    Easy, you tell them its 20m the hour of listening to you and then xd and heck off
  • TseneTsene
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 4,475
    Simple: ignore them. That's all it takes. And it doesnt bother me because I don't give a single damn.
  • OsairOsair
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,305
    It doesn't count unless you do it in world chat
  • MadokaMagicaMadokaMagica
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,145
    there are going to be more kids who play, over adults

I think it's the exact opposite.

Really? because if it looks to me that most of those adults don't know how to behave like an adult
    and are more child like. Can you call them adults if they're not trying to behave like one over a game such as this?

You must be new to the internet

No they are new to this world.

Since the beginning of time maturity isn't measured by age but by the Super Ego, the Ego, and the Id. As well as by emotions VS logic. ;D

Those whose actions are controlled mainly by the super ego and would make decisions and take actions based on logic over emotion, are people who are more in control of themselves and as such they are more mature! The real adults! Properly raised and grown up! = w=

Of course those who are driven by their emotions and by their Id(Impulses) are the ones who are usually immature. Study shows that there's a clear link between this and a lack of a stronger father figure. o -o

If these so called "adults" have had Batman as their father, except instead of focusing on both his jobs, he makes sacrifices to spend a lot of time with them, educating you and talking to them, as well as teaching and guiding them, like what their real fathers should of done, they would of turned out super mature and morally upright! ;D

It is evident that no child or adult wishes to disappoint Batman if they were their father. o -o

I agree on what you said, but it is kind of a contradiction.. using ";D" or "=w=" after every statement shows immaturity.

Regardless in regards to the OP, people are going to hit on you. Welcome to an MMO.. better yet welcome to the Internet.

Especially if your character is a cute chibi girl...

Well what about ";D" and "= w=" makes it immature? ;O

Cause usually maturity is based on mentality and level self control. So perhaps my explanation painted a wrong image in your head, we don't need to a realist or a pessimist and stoic like Batman. = w=

Plus those emotes are necessary, otherwise I come off as too serious and unapproachable. = 3=

Same with me, I’m 20 and use emotes because of the same reasons and people would missunderstand me, I don’t see nothing wrong with using emotes.

Ot: never happen to me since I tend to be by myself or on my guy character mst of the time.
  • iZxiZx
    Ginsama wrote: »
    *Wall of emojis*
    Its time to grow up :,(.
  • RingringRingring
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 3,615
    Why people so thirsty?

They know every girl in the game already has a boyfriend around their ages and they know majority of the female characters that look reaaally good are made and played by male players. Most of the female players be doing the same thing too, making male characters and then making them all colorful and crap, like what the hell are you doing you crazy mad woman?! Trying to make their character like like that cringe fest known as BTS. >;( Insult to Asian males everywhere!

Probably because they can't get one in real life, so hell. Get one online? =D
    wrexnfx