Check out the patch notes for the v19 Winter Mischief update here: http://maplestory2.nexon.net/en/news/article/55464/winter-mischief-v19

Mhm Ms 2 Worrysome Fps.

SilverReaperSilverReaper
MapleStory 2 Rep: 920
in General Chat
so i had a look at a video here where they were fighting chaos magnus.

and this person has a 20-30 fps while in raid on magnus. unless this person obviously is using a potato laptop like many people are.

other then that if its not a potato laptop or desktop then its worrying.

Comments

• PallyCookiePallyCookie
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 2,505
    Well I've heard it's quite smooth for many people especially after the optimization patch...
    But maybe some bosses will have far more demanding requirements. I would assume they would make the game focused so that all content is equally optimized...

Well I just checked out this user's other videos and I see the same semi-choppy gameplay with some inconsistent frame dropping and that in conjunction with hearing from others the frames being quite stable and smooth I'm going to assume it's just the user's hardware. Probably laptop player if anything.
  • KotoriMinamiKotoriMinami
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,280
    Actually it can be increase by:
    1.Hiding others player
    2.Lowering the graphic quality

I played on CMS2 too by using a potato laptop with Nvidia 920M, managed to get 50-60 fps in chaos magnus. At beginning I only get like 20-30fps in this raid, but it raised to 60fps after I stop the WSearch service at the background that consume lots of the resources(because it's Windows 8.1).
  • BellocanCitizenBellocanCitizen
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,540
    i can run on high/max or low settings and it is still 30 fps, i set no cap.
  • LeilafiLeilafi
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 935
    I have a crappy computer a 730 nvidia geforce and run 90+ FPS.
    If my crap is running better then their's, something is wrong with their computer.