Check out the v16 1st Anniversary Update patch notes!

>> http://forums.maplestory2.nexon.net/discussion/45834

Questions for founders ?

HeimerdingerHeimerdinger
MapleStory 2 Rep: 2,870
edited 7:36AM November 4, 2018 in General Chat
what was it that made you want the founders pack?? was it the mushroom? the kitty outfit? the tags? the hat? unicorn?

was it worth it? is maple armor from closed beta 100x cooler than any founder item???

Comments

• PizzaBearPizzaBear
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,795
    Not having to wait, and 2000 meret.
  • CariseiCarisei
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 2,190
    Honestly it was more or less like prepurchasing merets with bonus stuff. 9000 merets and 90 days worth of premium for $100 was a decent enough deal. Having the extra cosmetics and mounts are fun when I feel like switching it up.
    DanDK
  • MarchinBunnyMarchinBunny
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 8,245
    To be honest, just the exclusive nature of it tends to make me want things. Knowing if I don't get it then, I won't be able to get it later. Knowing I can have something someone else might not have. I love exclusive items. If I had the money I probably would be a big-time collector.

I am pretty sure this sort of thing applies to most people when it comes to things like founder's packs. But in this case, the merets and items were also a pretty good deal too. If you were planning on buying merets, there was really no reason to not buy the founder's pack because it came with an almost equal amount of merets to your purchase along with tons of other items.
    CariseiTele
  • ZeroGravigaZeroGraviga
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,065
    I originally bought the $25 pack so I could get the Mark of the Founder to match my Mark of the Beta in MS1. I eventually decided that I would upgrade to the $100 pack solely to support the game, I didn't care much about the extra rewards beyond the bandana.
  • ZintackZintack
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 2,520
    edited 12:09PM November 4, 2018
    I got mine for many reasons.. even if it was just the simple pack~ I would of upgraded to the 100$ but I couldn't afford to at the time. feelsbadman
    1. To support the game after enjoying it in closed beta 1 & 2
    2. Name reserve ~ REALLY wanted to secure my simple name as I seen others with names very similar.
    5. Head start ~ I honestly couldn't wait any longer to play because I didn't get to try everything in CBT [I'm glad I didn't].
    3. Merets ~ Bless the extra merets.
    4. Just to have the items ~ Collected all roadtrip + CBT1&2 Items.

To answer your other question, the armor from ROAD TRIP.. which anyone could of got/was free... is indeed better than any of the founders items I got, imo.
  • MintyliciousMintylicious
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,955
    I bought the Founders for headstart, the merets, and the unicorn. :D
  • BladeSoul69BladeSoul69
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,315
    I bought the $25 pack for the headstart, then I upgraded for the outfit. Just for me to not use it on my main.
  • NaishoDayoNaishoDayo
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,000
    I am not a wise spender. With that out of the way, the main reason I bought the almighty Legendary Founder Pack was all for the simple reason that... 100 USD = 100k NX = 10k Merit... Oh hey! The package contains 9000 Blue Merit! That's like saying everything else cost the 1k Blue Merit (10 USD) it is missing. And so I made the purchase, then surprisingly found out that the 28 Days Daily Wonder, itself, awards 1000 Red Merits plus 26 days of other stuff. In conclusion... If I had any plans at all to purchase Merit, this package is basically 10k Merit with whole lot of other stuff. Meaning, even if I didn't want anything other than the Merits, it would still be worth it; 100 USD for 10k Merit (9k Blue/1k Red).
    ZintackKewkkyEinoDanDK
  • MoofeyMoofey
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,510
    edited 3:06PM November 4, 2018
    For the headstart and the merets, really. I waited until the last minute to buy one after having given MS2 a spin at PAX because of some of the memories I had with MS1. When I found (and liked) what they were doing in terms of monetization, I was in.
  • LeilafiLeilafi
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 935
    Head start, merets, unicorn mount and because I think the game is cute. I like it and it has a certain charm to it.
  • KewkkyKewkky
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 6,235
    NaishoDayo wrote: »
    I am not a wise spender. With that out of the way, the main reason I bought the almighty Legendary Founder Pack was all for the simple reason that... 100 USD = 100k NX = 10k Merit... Oh hey! The package contains 9000 Blue Merit! That's like saying everything else cost the 1k Blue Merit (10 USD) it is missing. And so I made the purchase, then surprisingly found out that the 28 Days Daily Wonder, itself, awards 1000 Red Merits plus 26 days of other stuff. In conclusion... If I had any plans at all to purchase Merit, this package is basically 10k Merit with whole lot of other stuff. Meaning, even if I didn't want anything other than the Merits, it would still be worth it; 100 USD for 10k Merit (9k Blue/1k Red).

This right here is why everyone I know bought the Legendary package, including myself. As a side note, you also get infinite rotors air taxis for free for the duration of your premium.
    ZintackNaishoDayoHowlye
  • ZintackZintack
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 2,520
    Kewkky wrote: »

This right here is why everyone I know bought the Legendary package, including myself. As a side note, you also get infinite rotors air taxis for free for the duration of your premium.

I haven't used my premium yet and after doing this maple event and obtaining 1k helicopters... I'm just hoarding it until I run out ~ Not caring about the dungeon and other stuff it gives >/< But my other friends like premium for that reason and I would too if I didn't have 1k helicopters to use atm.
  • NaishoDayoNaishoDayo
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,000
    edited 4:03PM November 4, 2018
    Kewkky wrote: »

Yup, the Merits alone was reason enough to make my purchase. I was too lazy to think about anything else at that time. The conveniences from Premium and other cosmetics are basically free bonuses whether one needs/wants it or not.
    DanDK
  • SnackCakesSnackCakes
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,095
    I bought the $100 pack. I've never been there since the start of a game, except for this one so that kind of influenced my purchase. The other reasons were the unicorn mount, premium, and merets. The items were really nice, but I mainly purchased it because this is the first time I've ever had the opportunity to.
    AsheNight
  • shokiliciousshokilicious
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,400
    The merits and the premium.
    The legendary pack costed an equivalent to 10k merets and contained 9k blue merits and 1k red merets through daily wonders. So it was basically free if you were planning to spend that much merets. In addition to that you also got 90day premium, which i also wanted.
  • AsheNightAsheNight
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 700
    I bought the 100$ pack because at the time looking at the other packs. I found the $100 one much better than the others. And it did help out a lot for simple things like fixing up my house and etc. Also having the daily wonder helped out a lot too. The pink unicorn is a bonus.
  • KugelblitzKugelblitz
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 780
    I feel like killing myself for missing out on the founders pack. But I only learnt about the game a few weeks ago :(
  • zlOwOlzzlOwOlz
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 865
    what was it that made you want the founders pack?? was it the mushroom? the kitty outfit? the tags? the hat? unicorn?

was it worth it? is maple armor from closed beta 100x cooler than any founder item???

but the same beta players still bought founders..