Check out the patch notes for the v19 Winter Mischief update here: http://maplestory2.nexon.net/en/news/article/55464/winter-mischief-v19

how many players have 4500 gear score?

Comments

• PkmdzPkmdz
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 965
    edited 11:38AM November 3, 2018
    4200 after a few weeks of playing. It's definitely more than doable with the double loot events. The other question is how many people have enough stats to deal damage against the bosses.
  • KyuukeiKyuukei
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,095
    4578 since a week or two, but I'm struggling more with getting two optimal substats. Simply won't get enough piercing% like other players are doing right now (2.9% piercing/11.8% physical piercing which simply isn't enough)
  • XenociderOmegaXenociderOmega
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 3,790
    Skengs wrote: »
    get good, simple as.

You can get good all you want you still can't beat RNG
  • ZarozianZarozian
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 3,520
    Zarozian wrote: »
    Majority of people will reach at least 4k+ by the end of this 2x event. You guys just need to grit your teeth and clench your butt cheeks and muscle through it. o -o

But fire dragon is making my eyes bleed and it's sooooooo boring.

Well people are under the misconception that Fire Dragon is the fastest and the most easiest, when it's actually Labyrinth that's the fastest dungeon to do and the most easiest boss out of all of them. But that's the power of knowledge and information. = w=

Also come join my guild if you are on NA-East! ;D

https://discord.gg/UwjcWTt

Actually we only have enough room to fit one more person since the guilds are so tiny. ;(

I already am in your guild and I've been doing both dungeon.

7.8/10 ign too fire in both

Hold up. How the hell is this possible?! How are you already in our guild?!
    edited 1:09PM November 3, 2018
    Majority of people will reach at least 4k+ by the end of this 2x event. You guys just need to grit your teeth and clench your butt cheeks and muscle through it. o -o

But fire dragon is making my eyes bleed and it's sooooooo boring.

Well people are under the misconception that Fire Dragon is the fastest and the most easiest, when it's actually Labyrinth that's the fastest dungeon to do and the most easiest boss out of all of them. But that's the power of knowledge and information. = w=

Also come join my guild if you are on NA-East! ;D

https://discord.gg/UwjcWTt

Actually we only have enough room to fit one more person since the guilds are so tiny. ;(

I already am in your guild and I've been doing both dungeon.

7.8/10 ign too fire in both

Hold up. How the hell is this possible?! How are you already in our guild?!

Magic of guild invite
  • RequiemBurzakonisRequiemBurzakonis
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 320
    Raids are supposed to be challenging and not easy, not sure why people are complaining.

Get gear, spend time on your gear and then go for raids.
    Pkmdz
  • EggisEggis
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 420
    Can't appease to the casuals all the time. Nexon already threw you a bone with the weapon passives working on all the chaos raids, how much more do you want.
  • mirta000mirta000
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 8,275
    Raids are supposed to be challenging and not easy, not sure why people are complaining.

challenging fight /= running FD till eyes bleed, or until you earn enough gold.
  • idontreallyknowmanidontreallyknowman
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 3,060
    Hosu wrote: »
    I somehow broke 4k GS yesterday and was super proud. Didn't do anything except +11 my weapon, so I was like "whoo I am totally set for raids now haha".

Then they posted the requirements and I was like

pepehands-transparent-background-6-300x200.png

I'm estimating that 4500 would require a +12 weapon, and full hard epics with some (if not all) of those reasonably enhanced. I don't think that's an unreasonable request; it's definitely not for those that haven't put time and effort into grabbing good gear. It makes this double drop event even more ideal, since at this point I am just dismantling everything for onyx.

I'm at +12 and only like 4300
  • DishonesteaDishonestea
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,035
    edited 7:39PM November 3, 2018
    i have to cheese to 4.5k even though i do 40k dps on some bosses without touching a mob.

4.5k is pretty easy, but the real problem is needing a +14 weapon with full +10 legend armor for just the second raid (assuming gs is the same as cb [or a +15 weapon])
    mirta000
  • LeilafiLeilafi
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 935
    I do not have 4,500 but I'm close.
    My guild are all below me so have to find parties
    but I end up being too shy or scared to make one for anything.
    so I wait until my friends come out, who I'm also above in GS.
    Recently we had a falling out because they were being assholes because I enhanced
    my gear and weapon instead of just weapon. They wouldn't stop so left them and went about my own business.
  • RéstiaRéstia
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 485

The raid isn't a challenge the real challenge is to get the gear score to even get inside in other versions of the game it was literally half the gear score honestly I've gotten 40+ fail stacks trying to go from +12 to +13 not even including the other fails from my previous enchants.
    mirta000DragawnCarisei
  • RéstiaRéstia
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 485
    I somehow broke 4k GS yesterday and was super proud. Didn't do anything except +11 my weapon, so I was like "whoo I am totally set for raids now haha".

I'm estimating that 4500 would require a +12 weapon, and full hard epics with some (if not all) of those reasonably enhanced. I don't think that's an unreasonable request; it's definitely not for those that haven't put time and effort into grabbing good gear. It makes this double drop event even more ideal, since at this point I am just dismantling everything for onyx.

Real fun is getting the 7900 Gear score I wonder how many people will just give up and move onto another game since you need a +14 weapon and +10 all legendary armors
    mirta000DragawnCariseiANort
  • KewkkyKewkky
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 6,235
    Leilafi wrote: »
    I do not have 4,500 but I'm close.
    My guild are all below me so have to find parties
    but I end up being too shy or scared to make one for anything.
    so I wait until my friends come out, who I'm also above in GS.
    Recently we had a falling out because they were being assholes because I enhanced
    my gear and weapon instead of just weapon. They wouldn't stop so left them and went about my own business.

That sucks. Enchanting your epic armor isn't a bad idea, as long as it's not the glove and boots. top, bottom and helm will give you quite a lot of extra defense, which definitely come in handy. Your ex-friends don't know what they're saying.
    mirta000Leilafi
  • SentineIsSentineIs
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,605
    edited 9:26PM November 3, 2018
    Full epics and a +12 or higher weapon
    Should get you to 4.5k

I'm at full epics and at a +12 weapon. It doesn't get you to 4.5k, like 4.3k tho, so just a few more upgrades.
    Carisei
  • wackalotwackalot
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 680
    edited 4:40AM November 4, 2018

Real fun is getting the 7900 Gear score I wonder how many people will just give up and move onto another game since you need a +14 weapon and +10 all legendary armors

well at least its legendary stuff..even if its another ridiculous wall put in front of peoples hype.
    people wanna play the game and do stuff, not go over some stupid requirement walls.
    the requirement should be in the difficulty only, making you rework strategy/gear until you win.
    not FORCE YOU TO GEAR so you destroy the dungeon instead of it being something.

my guess is they are shooting themselves in the foot with "fair fight"..
    i cheese my berzerk into Fire Dragon and was doing nearly same damage with my blue than after when i got my epic for next run.
    spinning for 4000 with blue.. and something like 4400 with epic.. SUPOSELY X2 damage :X
    Dragawn
  • DragawnDragawn
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 450
    edited 4:57AM November 4, 2018
    jfc, Nexon really fucked up this time.
    It's nothing about "git gud", it's about "git lucky".
    I can understand that Nexon wants to keep content relevant, but locking content behind a RNG-wall just stresses the community out and encourages meso purchases. Yeah, our bot problem? Thank Nexon for rushing people to have enough funds/onyx to get through RNG-hell in time and making rare epics tradeable.

Is it possible to get to 4.5k in time on a single character? Sure, in the assumption of not having **** luck going to +12, where some people fail 6 times even with 4 sacrificial weapons, where others are breezing through from +11 to +15 with 0-2 fails, spending the same funds as the person stuck on +11.

If the fail charges were 5%, or an actual enchant experience instead of the rubbish "here have something atleast" 1%, all this hell would've been much better, but nooo.

If this RNG >> Skill bullsh*ttery persists I'll just go back to FFXIV or try out WoW.
    mirta000ANort
  • YitzhakYitzhak
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 860
    edited 5:03AM November 4, 2018
    I only plays a week and a half.
    by the end of the week I gonna pass 4.5k

So yeah, I believe it's an easy target if you know what you doing.
  • supermikysupermiky
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,945
    Maple Guide
    Actually, I want to say something that may cause you to budge.

The X Dungeon, the newest dungeon in KMS2, requires 9900 GS.
    Réstia wrote: »

Poor babies no LFR here