Check out the patch notes for the v19 Winter Mischief update here: http://maplestory2.nexon.net/en/news/article/55464/winter-mischief-v19

Nexon Stop the 2x Drops

Comments

• BelovedMaplePlayerBelovedMaplePlayer
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 515
    Haha meso buyers are big mad, so mad that they are going to stop buying mesos, and therefore rid of the bots.
  • Techn0mancerTechn0mancer
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,235
    What does meso buying have to do with double everything for select periods of time? There may, in fact be a connection, but I'm not grasping it. Are you saying that people buying mesos are causing it? Or that meso buying caused Nexon to do the double drop event? My apologies for being dense!
    BelovedMaplePlayer
  • BelovedMaplePlayerBelovedMaplePlayer
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 515
    What does meso buying have to do with double everything for select periods of time? There may, in fact be a connection, but I'm not grasping it. Are you saying that people buying mesos are causing it? Or that meso buying caused Nexon to do the double drop event? My apologies for being dense!

The outcome of these events has caused RMTers (real money traders) who have bought mesos before the event to waste their money. For example, a meso buyer has probably bought Varrekent wings for 45m where now the wings are worth 20m and some have sold it for low as 15m. To give you more perspective 45m mesos can equal up to thirty dollars, and 15m can equal up to 10 dollars. A whole 20 dollars was wasted.
    Shawnyy
  • KewkkyKewkky
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 6,235
    I wouldn't consider it wasted. By that logic, buying varrekant's wings at 45m means you wasted your money too since they're worth a lot less now thanks to the event. You still used your wings during that entire time between then and now, and no one could've predicted Nexon would make a 2x drop for hard dungeons event. RMTers and meso buyers will keep doing their illegal stuff.
  • DanteYodaDanteYoda
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 970
    edited 4:52PM November 2, 2018
    I like it anything that lowers the economy for all players is great news.. Probably affect bot accounts too which is a double plus.

Its a game op, not a spreadsheet grinder..
    Pkmdz
  • FeifeiDuFeifeiDu
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,060
    Hosu wrote: »
    For 3. You were never special. You know who's special? The guys with full explorer's outfit set. The guys with cosmic cream dye color. THOSE guys.
    LOL! sure buddy sure. if you wanna spend all your time wasting away doing small challenges .. you really are special

Kid this is a casual rpg game not some hardcore WoW... if weapon and gears is all you care I’m afraid you are playing the wrong game lmao
    EinoSherriLeilafi
  • DeathCatDeathCat
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 995
    They should remove double drop...I just lost a lot of mesos from all the epics dropping hard in price.....
  • wackalotwackalot
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 680
    edited 10:18AM November 3, 2018
    2X drop event + massive wall is so ridiculous, they are making us reach the end game faster but at same times putting stupid requirements.
    are they even thinking about the future a little bit??
    new players that wont have luck of drop event will have to do an insane amount of dongeons to catch up.
    which makes it something that will hurt new players later on.
    and for us that reach end game faster we will have "less" things to do faster.
    its LOSE LOSE situation commercially lol
    Shawnyy
  • zlOwOlzzlOwOlz
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 865
    Never seen people get upset about double drop type events before lol. This game sure has an interesting community.

he must be that guy that highballs on the black market that quadruple the original price xd
    Leilafi
  • LeilafiLeilafi
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 935
    What's wrecking the Market is Bots selling stuff and people looking at the price and being like
    "OH MY, I'LL SELL IT THIS MUCH TOO!" and then other bots
    purchasing what you sell and selling that for higher.
    How do you think most bots are getting most of the Meso?
    farming, selling, raising prices and controlling the market.
  • SherriSherri
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 8,580
    LuminaEdge wrote: »
    Yall say this like the game doesn't require multiple copies of certain gear to break +10.

I support this because i have a guild full of people that want to chaos raid and rng hasn't been kind to them. I am very supportive of them being able to experience chaos raid content and being able to keep up with me.

Because I actually want to play and have fun with people. Kinda one of the points of an MMORPG. Not as big on the whole false sense of superiority angle.

pretty much this
    also, even with this 2x drop rate, I still can't seem to get any Epic gear anyway sooo

but also, yeah the bots will also take advantage of this.
    hmmmmmmmmmmmmst
    Leilafi
  • BoozyBoozy
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 680
    edited 12:48AM November 4, 2018

Everyone has a different idea of "fun" and my "fun" is playing something really hardcore

you realize you're playing maplestory 2 maybe the least hardcore game I can think of right?
    CarbonCoalSherri
  • LeilafiLeilafi
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 935
    Boozy wrote: »

Everyone has a different idea of "fun" and my "fun" is playing something really hardcore

you realize you're playing maplestory 2 maybe the least hardcore game I can think of right?

i'd agree, only problem is people are trying to make it hardcore. Already, in hard dungeons, people are trying to get people overly
    qualified and single out anyone not. I seen so many ask fo4 4k, 5k GS for FD, Lab and wanted priests to go full dps then turn around
    and get upset because the heals were bad and or the priest got the most damage because he or she was doing what you asked them to do
    and there is a such thing as pots.
    ReziMeso_ManSherri
  • ReziRezi
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,465
    The market is being flooded because of bots, not the 2x drop rate. Let's be honest: legit players want the 2x drop because it means they can get more gear chests.