Check out the patch notes for the v19 Winter Mischief update here: http://maplestory2.nexon.net/en/news/article/55464/winter-mischief-v19

How do you deal with people hitting on you...

Comments

• LeilafiLeilafi
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 935
    Hmm, I guess I am rather lucky, only had one person hit on me and then that was it.
    I just ignored them, they liked my avatar pic and said I'd find serenity with them.
    You have to understand though, there are going to be more kids who play, over adults
    and most will be immature, especially since it's a popular game.
    boys/ men that are still kids, people who are not social so don't know how to act.
    Just report them, if you feel it is right or if you feel threatened.
    Ignore them an move on, if you don't want to bother with it.
    OneConfusedMilletian
  • SaranethSaraneth
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,995
    Leilafi wrote: »
    there are going to be more kids who play, over adults

I think it's the exact opposite.
    OneConfusedMilletianPizzaBearSyrusMarufujiCariseiNaho
  • LeilafiLeilafi
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 935
    Saraneth wrote: »

Really? because if it looks to me that most of those adults don't know how to behave like an adult
    and are more child like. Can you call them adults if they're not trying to behave like one over a game such as this?
  • SaranethSaraneth
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,995

Really? because if it looks to me that most of those adults don't know how to behave like an adult
    and are more child like. Can you call them adults if they're not trying to behave like one over a game such as this?

Of course they are still adults. They may be childish but that doesn't make them children lol.
    SyrusMarufuji
  • Meso_ManMeso_Man
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 2,130
    wrexnfx wrote: »
    Zarozian wrote: »
    Well honestly you should make the best of any given situation. They give yah lemons you make lemonade.

If they wanna be your sugar daddy then let them! ;D Once they find out that you're a guy, you can be like, oh but my character is female! ;O

I don't like being misleading, so I won't. I just enjoy the shocked reactions when they call me and find out I'm a guy. Nothing more or less.

So you like being a catfish? lol
  • ZarozianZarozian
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 3,520
    Hasn't been an issue for me so far. I find that guys generally pursue the males playing females more then actual females.

THATS WHAT I AM SAYING!

GUYS DESIGN BETTER FEMALE CHARACTERS THAN ACTUAL FEMALES!!! LMAOOO! ;D
    PizzaBearAnOldGeezer
  • ZarozianZarozian
    Sherri wrote: »
    If people try anything like that with me, they'll be blocked so quickly.. I absolutely hate people like that

Sherri you need to learn to embrace it. You could of gotten so many sugar daddies buying you free stuff. ;D

Although ironically for me I end up getting sugar mommies instead who then turn out to be sugar daddies anyways but I don’t really care cause free stuff! ;D Man it’s so great to be me! ;D
    PizzaBearAnOldGeezer
  • GretaGreta
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 2,080
    I just ignore.

Easy.
    LeilafiSyrusMarufuji
  • HeimerdingerHeimerdinger
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 2,870
    spread the love and send me your avatar so i can use it to get free stuff from random dudes
  • AnOldGeezerAnOldGeezer
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 3,740
    I wish people would hit on me.

I'll hit on you.. <3
  • XenociderOmegaXenociderOmega
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 3,790

You must be new to the internet
    ZarozianNaho
  • ZarozianZarozian

No they are new to this world.

Since the beginning of time maturity isn't measured by age but by the Super Ego, the Ego, and the Id. As well as by emotions VS logic. ;D

Those whose actions are controlled mainly by the super ego and would make decisions and take actions based on logic over emotion, are people who are more in control of themselves and as such they are more mature! The real adults! Properly raised and grown up! = w=

Of course those who are driven by their emotions and by their Id(Impulses) are the ones who are usually immature. Study shows that there's a clear link between this and a lack of a stronger father figure. o -o

If these so called "adults" have had Batman as their father, except instead of focusing on both his jobs, he makes sacrifices to spend a lot of time with them, educating you and talking to them, as well as teaching and guiding them, like what their real fathers should of done, they would of turned out super mature and morally upright! ;D

It is evident that no child or adult wishes to disappoint Batman if they were their father. o -o
  • iZxiZx
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 630

Since the beginning of time maturity isn't measured by age but by the Super Ego, the Ego, and the Id. As well as by emotions VS logic. ;D

Those whose actions are controlled mainly by the super ego and would make decisions and take actions based on logic over emotion, are people who are more in control of themselves and as such they are more mature! The real adults! Properly raised and grown up! = w=

Of course those who are driven by their emotions and by their Id(Impulses) are the ones who are usually immature. Study shows that there's a clear link between this and a lack of a stronger father figure. o -o

If these so called "adults" have had Batman as their father, except instead of focusing on both his jobs, he makes sacrifices to spend a lot of time with them, educating you and talking to them, as well as teaching and guiding them, like what their real fathers should of done, they would of turned out super mature and morally upright! ;D

It is evident that no child or adult wishes to disappoint Batman if they were their father. o -o

I agree on what you said, but it is kind of a contradiction.. using ";D" or "=w=" after every statement shows immaturity.

Regardless in regards to the OP, people are going to hit on you. Welcome to an MMO.. better yet welcome to the Internet.

Especially if your character is a cute chibi girl...
  • ZarozianZarozian
    edited 9:45AM November 4, 2018
    iZx wrote: »

I agree on what you said, but it is kind of a contradiction.. using ";D" or "=w=" after every statement shows immaturity.

Regardless in regards to the OP, people are going to hit on you. Welcome to an MMO.. better yet welcome to the Internet.

Especially if your character is a cute chibi girl...

Well what about ";D" and "= w=" makes it immature? ;O

Cause usually maturity is based on mentality and level self control. So perhaps my explanation painted a wrong image in your head, we don't need to a realist or a pessimist and stoic like Batman. = w=

Plus those emotes are necessary, otherwise I come off as too serious and unapproachable. = 3=
    MadokaMagica
  • AieAie
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 2,310
    edited 9:49AM November 4, 2018

dang same :[
  • ZintackZintack
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 2,530
    edited 10:33AM November 4, 2018
    I'm a girl playing a female character~unsure if this question was directed towards people playing opposites.
    Anyways, in any video games I play, this has happened a good amount of times. Typically it's like: they try to flirt with me via chat/mail and then it follows up with a friend request [sometimes a discord invite is included]. It's kinda w/e to me because I ignore it all = not: talking/replying in chat to begin with, joining their discord, adding them, etc.. so idk why they would even continue to bother. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ but.. I insta block them if the messages they send appear really creepy or gross. If I was a male playing a female though, srry, but I think I would get a kick out of doing what you did- it'd make my day/night getting those type of reactions. lool.
  • AnOldGeezerAnOldGeezer
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 3,740
    Aie wrote: »

dang same :[

Ill hit you too <3
    Hit on-
  • ZarozianZarozian
    I hit pretty hard! >;D

Who wants some?! >;D
  • SyrusMarufujiSyrusMarufuji
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 3,395
    Ask why they are hitting something while on top of me.
  • NaishoDayoNaishoDayo
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,000
    edited 2:16PM November 4, 2018
    @OP

Just hit them back. But harder... you know, like punch them. Or give them a slap, if that's your thing.

Jokes aside, I would probably just ignore them like I ignore bots.
    Leilafi