May 27th is finally upon us. Please feel free to join us on the last day as the servers come down one by one. More details here: http://forums.maplestory2.nexon.net/discussion/46192
MapleStory 2's servers will be officially closing on May 27th: http://maplestory2.nexon.net/en/news/article/56486/service-discontinuation

Punishment for Dungeon Leavers

VadamDxDVadamDxD
MapleStory 2 Rep: 430
edited 4:33PM November 3, 2018 in Suggestions and Feedback
I feel that there is a high volume of players that instantly leave after a party is formed for a dungeon through the party finder and I think there should be some kind of punishment for doing so to reduce the amount that this occurs. I feel like a thirty minute cool down on dungeon queueing would suffice as punishment for leaving a dungeon group formed through party finder.
TwotrickponyArSkulder

Comments

• GandalfTheGayGandalfTheGay
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 655
    edited 4:45PM November 3, 2018
    don't get me wrong, i do believe this is a good idea, but with all of the random error 10053s that occur, this could be problematic

EDIT: this would also punish the rest of the party that left after the one person leaves, which would be unfair on everyone
    VadamDxDCarisei
  • VadamDxDVadamDxD
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 430
    edited 7:05PM November 3, 2018
    don't get me wrong, i do believe this is a good idea, but with all of the random error 10053s that occur, this could be problematic

EDIT: this would also punish the rest of the party that left after the one person leaves, which would be unfair on everyone

I agree that if there is an error removing people from the party that it is an issue but I would consider that to be separate from this. And as for the rest of the party being punished they could make it to where if one person leaves the rest can leave without being penalized. League of Legends does this by removing everyone from the match if a player leaves during champion selection. Doing it this way could pose a problem if it's not done correctly it would have to happen within the first 1-2 minutes and then after that point if a player were to leave they should also be penalized but players who leave thereafter should not be penalized.

TLDR; If a player leaves in the first 2 minutes it disbands the group and punishes the player that left. And only the first player to leave is the player that is punished for leaving.
    Mintylicious
  • SaranethSaraneth
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,995
    I see it happen a lot. I think people don't like the classes or the GS of the people they get grouped with so leave. Really annoying.

If they wanna be like that they should make groups with their guild or something.
    VadamDxDMintylicious
  • ShuangHuaShuangHua
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 510
    VadamDxD wrote: »
    I feel that there is a high volume of players that instantly leave after a party is formed for a dungeon through the party finder and I think there should be some kind of punishment for doing so to reduce the amount that this occurs. I feel like a thirty minute cool down on dungeon queueing would suffice as punishment for leaving a dungeon group formed through party finder.

Leaving DGs Do u wana punish ppls when they do not wana waste time on FAIL players who not even know the hard dg mechanism and they die 5 times at phase 1? Then they just stay AFK and let the exp ppls solo / duo the dg to get free drop for them? Hapned a lot for me and for my friends. When we see ppls running around in the dg like the headless chicken, we just leave and put all of those ppls on block list (judge me, but at least i take my time to check guide videos). Our time is more valueable then helping out for those ppls who don't do that little effort to watch at least 1 basic guide on youtube to have clue what are they have to do. Example in FD there are ppls who run away from fire breath. Run away from preist :D Same in Balrog when he use the triple aue with stun. Run away from priest and from knight. If they do it once, it is fine, but 5 times in a row and they not even notice all other ppls somehow survived? At least learn from ur fault and follow the others next time, who know what to do, or ASK. We do ask, if someone do not know the mechanism. All say we know all, then they die multiple times at the very begining. Only few ppls who we saw, said sry i am first timer, then we explain what to do and all of them mange to survive and was helpful ppl in dg.

Leaving normal dungeons? I do 99% of the time. Why? Reason is simple. I checked multiple lvl 50 normal dungeons and they are FUUUUULLLL with fking wizzard and priest BOTs. -,- All have the same path finding algorithm. Those ppls not even know how to make a decent AI. -,-

Countering at least 1 BOT in every pt, but many times 3 priest BOT apire in my pt. -,-

This issue need to be FIX ASAP. We do have a nice vote to kick option, but we need another option to let us recrute ppl at lobby before 1 ppl enter. If u kick the BOT from pt, u still will face with the mobs inside what were generated for 4 ppls and u have to kill them with 3 or even just 2. Nowdays ppls see priest in pt, they insta leave, no matter if normal player or BOT. At least i take my time to enter to lobby to see if they are real players or all the same CRAP quality programed AI BOTs. If bot enjoy my report and i pray they will get BANN soon or later.

Other big issue is, when NUBs buy epic throwing weapons for every char what is not Theif and Assasin to bypass the 2100 GS reuirement. Then in the DG they just change back the weapon to they +0 blue to be able to cast skills. This attitude should be punish with temp bann or something. I dont like to do 25-30+ min long run cause of thise alt characters what were made only for farming in FD for free onyx and chaos to gear up the main (or just another goldfarmer / goldseller team). -,-

Also give us an option to see the pt members from pt finder, not only the pt leader. PT is recruting 3,5K+ GS ppls, while the leader have 3,3K+ (what is still fine) and his pt mate have 2,1k+. Other reason to leave the pt, specialy when u invest a lot of time and meso to gear up ur char 3,5-4k+ GS. Those low GS ppls should stay in FD get full epic armor set and mats to upgrade wep to deal dmg and not just sneeky join to Balrog / LUB runs just to leech and prey for wing drop to get ez profit.

Ps.: Sry for my enlgish.

Best regards,
    Shuang Hua
  • wackalotwackalot
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 680
    i understand this is about party finder..which would be hard to make fit
    as leader could exemple start dungeon before the person made sure they are in a party they want.
    the problem can be something as little as gear score or something a bit more annoying like no priest FD.

but outside party finder..knowing when to leave a party dungeon IS A MUST AT THE MOMENT..
    queue up tronix.. bot..leave party .. requeue .. repeat until no bot =-=
    so please do not put any punishment for leaving bots in tronix or kicking them.
    Carisei
  • Meso_ManMeso_Man
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 2,130
    For hard dungeons? Sure punish leavers. Normal dungeons though? They has so many bots that I usually have to leave.
    Mintylicious
  • TwotrickponyTwotrickpony
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 400
    Please please please put a punishment! My God, we've already done 20% of the FD's life when the priest decided to leave us in the middle of it. It's just too much! Bots could only run normal dungeons, let the HARD mode have this feature for the love of God.
  • NaishoDayoNaishoDayo
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,000
    edited 3:57PM November 4, 2018
    Some reasons I would leave.

When queuing for normal dungeons...
    I leave when one or more bot in the party. They kind of do their share of the work, but I feel stained if I take part in assisting them with the dungeon.

When queuing for hard dungeon...
    Party member that glitching gear score for 2100. No reason I am obligated to carry someone that do not even meet minimum requirement for dungeon. Not saying that getting into dungeon this way is wrong, but at least do so with people that agrees or friends who are willing to carry.

When using party finder...
    If party says 4k+ dps and I find out members don't even meet the requirement set, more so if it was the party leader. They think they are so arrogant and entitled that it is fine to list 4k when they only have 2k-3k, so no reason I should stay. Sometimes it is only the priest undergeared... I can see reason for this, but I don't approve and would usually leave too depending how undergeared.

But other than that, there are other inevitable reasons such as 10053, and such.

As for some sort of punishment for the average leaver, as long as it was fair and just, I approve. But, it is difficult to make a working system like this. And technically there is not much harm in leavers prior to starting the dungeon. Leaving during the dungeon just makes no sense and doesn't benefit either side. I would normally just report griefers for greifing, but, more often than not, they don't leave and try to leech the reward.
    Carisei