Check out the patch notes for the v17 Precursor Update here: http://maplestory2.nexon.net/en/news/article/53778/precursor-update-v17

Seriously accepting this kind of ads in tria

PrinceArtanisPrinceArtanis
MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,035
in General Chat
1541286164-zdfff.png

Nexon please....
Rezi

Comments

• DragonicWolfDragonicWolf
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 2,320
    They are extremely slow to react to this sort of nonsense. Extremely. Slow.
  • SherriSherri
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 8,580
    edited 4:56PM November 3, 2018
    it gets worse..
    V1FS2W1.png
    now they're stealing house plots..
  • SaranethSaraneth
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,995
    edited 5:10PM November 3, 2018
    1541286164-zdfff.png

Nexon please....

Saw that one yesterday. Just reported and blocked it.
  • MewmewGirlMewmewGirl
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 740
    Sherri wrote: »
    it gets worse..
    V1FS2W1.png

I reported that one and some others last week. They're still there on the same plot so I guess they don't get around to checking house reports too quickly.
  • PrinceArtanisPrinceArtanis
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,035
    that will destroy the game at long :/
  • Baby_SimbaBaby_Simba
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 430
    MewmewGirl wrote: »
    it gets worse..
    V1FS2W1.png

I reported that one and some others last week. They're still there on the same plot so I guess they don't get around to checking house reports too quickly.

A similar looking one in Queenstown got take down last week but it was up for a while.
  • LeilafiLeilafi
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 935
    There are probably more bots putting up things faster then they can take down, not to mention 2million people play and out of that
    2 million, they're dealing with other things like

*Reports
    *Complaints
    *People's behavior
    *keeping the game safe
    *Keeping it running.

Give them a break.

If you have 6-7 people, it's till going to take a long time for them to get everywhere,
    they said they're working on it so just be patient.
    AcheronsOneConfusedMilletianMeso_ManTeakwoodXtonyTsene
  • ReziRezi
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,465
    They need to implement a system that automatically reads an image to tell whether it's a duplicate of an image they've banned in that system, and then refuse it and put a flag on that account (not punish the account automatically, just flag til reviewed because it might have been an error).
    SyrusMarufuji
  • YitzhakYitzhak
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 860
    Its still better then that "want more of an adult end game?" ad.

It was in a different city tho.

(I never got emailed back:( )
  • XenociderOmegaXenociderOmega
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 3,780
    Baby_Simba wrote: »
    MewmewGirl wrote: »
    it gets worse..
    V1FS2W1.png

A similar looking one in Queenstown got take down last week but it was up for a while.

Its back already
  • teafanteafan
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 510
    edited 8:18AM November 4, 2018
    in my humble opinion..
    nuking these ads should take priority over certain things.
    its demoralizing to see almost visual proof that the bots are winning the fight

I will gladly wander towns for you nexon taking down bot and goldselling ads and housing. it wont even cost you a thing.
    Teakwood
  • TeakwoodTeakwood
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,150
    teafan wrote: »
    in my humble opinion..

I will gladly wander towns for you nexon taking down bot and goldselling ads and housing. it wont even cost you a thing.

Guilty pleasure: Killing Priest bots in the PVP maps.
  • BeariieBeariie
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,815
    Rezi wrote: »
    They need to implement a system that automatically reads an image to tell whether it's a duplicate of an image they've banned in that system, and then refuse it and put a flag on that account (not punish the account automatically, just flag til reviewed because it might have been an error).

Are you able to program that out?
  • ZarozianZarozian
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 3,520
    Beariie wrote: »

It's a lot easier to do than you think, it works just like google's reverse image search.
    Rezi
  • NeospectorNeospector
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,030
    edited 9:59AM November 4, 2018
    Zarozian wrote: »
    It's a lot easier to do than you think, it works just like google's reverse image search.

Google's reverse image search is terrible, as is most image recognition software. You can also see this with Discord's "inappropriate image" filtering, which has filtered a number of my own screenshots of everything from Maple to an OpenGL program I was working on.
    Computers are not good at recognizing images. It's been a problem that programmers have been working on since the 60's.

You could implement it, yes, but it would result in a lot of false-positives (especially since you can see Vanilla in the house ad and a mushroom in the posted ad), and would be easily thwarted by just changing the design around (very similar to the flaws present in text-based censoring, only much more easily accomplished due to how image recognition works).
    AnOldGeezer
  • BeariieBeariie
    Zarozian wrote: »

I meant do you actually have the knowhow? Not sure where to start with writing out something like that in say... CSharp or etc.
  • ZintackZintack
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 2,520
    it gets worse..
    V1FS2W1.png

I've actually seen many of the house plots I've reported get taken down and some people even saying "woot I got the spot" on those megaphone house items when they bought it. Everything else on the other hand.......... pls remove nexon
  • NeospectorNeospector
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,030
    I meant do you actually have the knowhow? Not sure where to start with writing out something like that in say... CSharp or etc.

Google specifically is partnered with TensorFlow, which is written in Python and has implementations in Java, C, Javascript, Swift, and Go, but not C#
  • BeariieBeariie
    Neospector wrote: »

Google specifically is partnered with TensorFlow, which is written in Python and has implementations in Java, C, Javascript, Swift, and Go, but not C#

CS major? Thats some useful information, much appreciated. Havent worked in anything but C# and C++ =(
  • DracoKamiDracoKami
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,610
    Teakwood wrote: »
    teafan wrote: »
    in my humble opinion..

Guilty pleasure: Killing Priest bots in the PVP maps.

Please just make sure that the priest is really a bot. I've been killed more times than once just for trying to get twisted portals. v_v