May 27th is finally upon us. Please feel free to join us on the last day as the servers come down one by one. More details here: http://forums.maplestory2.nexon.net/discussion/46192
MapleStory 2's servers will be officially closing on May 27th: http://maplestory2.nexon.net/en/news/article/56486/service-discontinuation

game optimization

VrielVriel
MapleStory 2 Rep: 300
in General Chat
I like this game, but I think I have to stop playing it because it has a horrible optimization and it is unplayable. I have a computer that is a monster and only runs it at 30-70 fps completely unstable in low quality. Sorry for my english i used translator.

Comments

• Nanachi_CCCPNanachi_CCCP
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 2,900
    When your framerate drops under 30fps restart game that is literally only help with currently have,It should run for above 140fps for like hour after restart,it will drop back to 0 to 10 fps after that...
    yes it sucks and I do not blame you if you decide to wait for improvements
  • VrielVriel
    When your framerate drops under 30fps restart game that is literally only help with currently have,It should run for above 140fps for like hour after restart,it will drop back to 0 to 10 fps after that...
    yes it sucks and I do not blame you if you decide to wait for improvements

is the first game i see with this horrible optimization, i think i will wait untill they improve it...
  • DeathCatDeathCat
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 995
    i have a decent computer... GTX 1080 with I7 processor and my framerate is always above 50... unless im in a full channel then it drops to 30 but i dont mind it since im not doing anything in towns......in dungeons i get FPS above 100 about 90% of the time
  • SaranethSaraneth
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,995
    I'm on a laptop with a GTX 850m and a i7-5500U 2.40GHz and I sit about 30-50. It's so weird that people with much more powerful computers are having problems.
  • LeilafiLeilafi
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 935
    Hmm... really? I have great fps and running a crappy nvidia geforce 740, which are not that good.
    My fps are always above 90+
  • VrielVriel
    for worse computers work better i think XD
  • DracoKamiDracoKami
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,610
    Couple of tips.
    Try increasing the priority of the game in Task Manager.
    Close unnecessary programs.
    Run the game with lower graphics/window size.