Check out the patch notes for the v17 Precursor Update here: http://maplestory2.nexon.net/en/news/article/53778/precursor-update-v17

Policy Violation: Sexually Obscene and Suggestive

clafairclafair
MapleStory 2 Rep: 610
Posts: 4
Member
edited 2:11PM November 1, 2018 in General Chat
https://imgur.com/a/qrlcO2B
So, one of the staff members decided to removed this shirt that I created under some policy violation a saying it's Sexually Obscene and Suggestive. They put a citation on my character and took away all the credits I earned from selling the shirt. There's a swimsuit on the Red Merit Market that shows just as much skin so I'm confused as to why there is a shirt I created which is "sexually explicit" yet the swimsuit is not? How does Nexon expect to hire the VA of Jinx to voice the H.Gunner but you can't make clothing in reference to the game character? It's literally just the shirt Jinx wears (not including the sleeve cause i forgot it but I don't think that would make a difference) nothing else. No breasts, no butt. Not to mention the countless amount of characters that can be quote unquote sexually obscene. One of the first characters you meet fits that description. Seems hypocritical to me. Their definition of Sexually Obscene and Suggestive seems medieval.
  1. Is it Sexually Obscene and Suggestive33 votes
    1. Yes
       30% (10 votes)
    2. No
       70% (23 votes)

Comments

  • XenophobiaXenophobia
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 990
    Posts: 27
    Member
    edited 3:34AM November 4, 2018
    That is stupid. At least mark it as "Copyright" since it's from LoL. I don't see how Jinx's bikini top is violating when it goes with her mini shorts and punk aesthetic. My character has the one-piece bathing suit from Style Crate and let me tell ya, that thing magically gives you curves and bazongas.

    Of course, we'd all love to hear an official statement or honest discussion about this but some people are going to derail this thread.


    _______________________________________
    Please mods don't give me a strike for speaking. I promise I'm a good girl.
    SyrusMarufujiUminoKorasuVeremisiaArSkulderclafair
  • clafairclafair
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 610
    Posts: 4
    Member
    I've sent a ticket in and they responded by saying that it still doesn't adhere to their policy. I asked for what I should change about the shirt so hopefully I know what I should work on so my character doesn't continue to have a blank template as a shirt.
  • mirta000mirta000
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 8,275
    Posts: 512
    Member
    edited 6:21AM November 2, 2018
    well I don't think that they intended for people to make bikinis out of a T-shirt template. Want to be safe? Don't draw skin.

    edit: personally I do not think that this is sexual, but because you drew a smaller shape on the shirt to make it into a bikini template and not a shirt template, Nexon is free to interpret it however they feel like it.
  • XenociderOmegaXenociderOmega
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 3,780
    Posts: 392
    Member
    So that's bad but this is okay??
    JPEG_20181026_083912.jpg

    Nexon is confusing
  • ZarozianZarozian
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 3,520
    Posts: 421
    Member
    So that's bad but this is okay??
    JPEG_20181026_083912.jpg

    Nexon is confusing

    Probably cause it's an original work and not copyrighted. o -o
  • DochiDochi
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,795
    Posts: 61
    Member
    clafair wrote: »
    https://imgur.com/a/qrlcO2B
    So, one of the staff members decided to removed this shirt that I created under some policy violation a saying it's Sexually Obscene and Suggestive. They put a citation on my character and took away all the credits I earned from selling the shirt. There's a swimsuit on the Red Merit Market that shows just as much skin so I'm confused as to why there is a shirt I created which is "sexually explicit" yet the swimsuit is not? How does Nexon expect to hire the VA of Jinx to voice the H.Gunner but you can't make clothing in reference to the game character? It's literally just the shirt Jinx wears (not including the sleeve cause i forgot it but I don't think that would make a difference) nothing else. No breasts, no butt. Not to mention the countless amount of characters that can be quote unquote sexually obscene. One of the first characters you meet fits that description. Seems hypocritical to me. Their definition of Sexually Obscene and Suggestive seems medieval.

    I totally agree with you but i do not see making another post when i made one already. why not add on so we can build an argument =(
    Greta
  • ArSkulderArSkulder
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,215
    Posts: 21
    Member
    Dochi wrote: »
    I totally agree with you but i do not see making another post when i made one already. why not add on so we can build an argument =(

    Because in your post they are debating whether our character is a child or adult. Lol
    I wish they would stop and back to original topic but well you know...
    DochiCarbonCoalGreta
  • DochiDochi
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,795
    Posts: 61
    Member
    ArSkulder wrote: »
    Dochi wrote: »
    I totally agree with you but i do not see making another post when i made one already. why not add on so we can build an argument =(

    Because in your post they are debating whether our character is a child or adult. Lol
    I wish they would stop and back to original topic but well you know...

    ......good point
  • clafairclafair
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 610
    Posts: 4
    Member
    If they had removed the shirt for Copyright then I would be completely fine with it. Understandable but the fact that they removed it for sexual obscenity is confusing. They must be a party at beaches and pools.
    Greta
  • DochiDochi
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,795
    Posts: 61
    Member
    Also to answer your question on sexual:
    it is sexual for sure. but nexon has more sexual stuff so i don't know what they flagged you for
    Meso_Man
  • mirta000mirta000
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 8,275
    Posts: 512
    Member
    So that's bad but this is okay??
    JPEG_20181026_083912.jpg

    Nexon is confusing

    That is a one piece, but honestly it's up to the Nexon employee making the judgement and do you get reported or not in the first place.
  • FinaltidusFinaltidus
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 420
    Posts: 7
    Member
    Most likely nexon wants a monopoly on "sexy" cosmetics. They make more if they sell their own stuff directly and everyone wants to buy sexy stuff to wear. It makes financial sense to not allow UGC to make them.
  • Meso_ManMeso_Man
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 2,130
    Posts: 138
    Member
    As of right now 17 people voted no..lol. So thirsty.

    Of course a bra and booty shorts are sexual.
    FloeArkives
  • SaranethSaraneth
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,995
    Posts: 129
    Member
    edited 3:23AM November 3, 2018
    clafair wrote: »
    Their definition of Sexually Obscene and Suggestive seems medieval.

    Not really. In medieval times people weren't as afraid of skin as they are these days.


    Finaltidus wrote: »
    Most likely nexon wants a monopoly on "sexy" cosmetics. They make more if they sell their own stuff directly and everyone wants to buy sexy stuff to wear. It makes financial sense to not allow UGC to make them.

    That actually is probably exactly why.
    Greta
  • PinkFoxxyPinkFoxxy
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,090
    Posts: 66
    Member
    thats not really suggestive, but i feel like the market would be 50% bikinis if every bikini was immune to being taken down.
  • clafairclafair
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 610
    Posts: 4
    Member
    Meso_Man wrote: »
    As of right now 17 people voted no..lol. So thirsty.

    Of course a bra and booty shorts are sexual.

    I disagree. I don't view this https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/leagueoflegends/images/2/21/Jinx_OriginalSkin.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20181021081757 as something sexual. But to each their own I guess.