Check out the patch notes for the v17 Precursor Update here: http://maplestory2.nexon.net/en/news/article/53778/precursor-update-v17

Please, change the weekly and daily dungeon limit!

SoddahSoddah
MapleStory 2 Rep: 660
edited 5:24AM October 8, 2018 in Suggestions and Feedback
Hello everyone!

I have been enjoying the head start a lot. This game offers so much and I really feel like I've found the perfect game. The community is also friendly which makes everything even more fun! I want to do my absolute best to support Nexon and give feedback or concerns on different things. In this thread I would like to bring up (my) issues with weekly and daily dungeon limit.

I am a player who mainly only focuses on one character, I want to put all my time, energy and resource into one single hero instead of having to create multiple alternative characters. I do understand that weekly and daily limits function as a time-gated content mechanic. However, I feel like the limit is creating more issues and concerns rather than solving them.

Here comes my list of concerns;
1) I want to do dungeons every day, it currently takes around 1 - 2 hours to do all (10) daily dungeons and 3 days to do the (30) weekly dungeons. In order for me to keep on playing dungeons for the rest of the week I have to create alts which I really don't want to do. When I feel like creating and playing an alt I want to be the one who decides, I don't want the "limit" to to decide for me "when" to play an alt.

2)I understand the thoughts of having daily and weekly limit in order to time-gate content, however, this can partly be worked around by having alts do the dungeons which results in onyx crystals for the main anyways. I don't want to have my alts doing progression for my main. I think it's good that alts can create resources for a main, but I really don't like the feeling of having to create an alt in order to keep progressing. Let me choose how I want to progress! There should be possibility to gain progress on a main for a main. That way players can choose if they want to gain progress on a main from a alt or from a main.

3)The weekly and daily limit does not have any affect on characters, botted accounts can always create more accounts and more characters. Having a weekly and daily limit which affect real players should never be a solution in order to reduce botting. Reducing botting is done in other ways that does not affect gameplay negatively for other players that are real.

4)Removing the weekly and daily limit would result in big gaps between casual and hardcore players... The thing is, there will always be a gap. Even with current limit there´s players who create multiple characters and feed their main with resources. Content should be time-gated based on rewards that can be gained from a dungeon or raid, not by limiting how many times a dungeon can be done. There is mentoring system in KMS2, introduce it to GMS2 as well! Let people who are ahead of the curve help out casual or newcomers in dungeons by rewarding the mentor. I can see myself with 4000 GS doing 1500 GS dungeon just to help out people!

5) There's currently players who only want to play one character who does their number of limited dungeons and put the game on shelf until next reset. This is bad for the community, we want as much activity as possible.

My proposed solution;
* Remove weekly and daily limit.
* Guaranteed items should only be applied for clearing the first 30 dungeons (or less). After 30 dungeons (or less) there should be a "chance" to obtain item from dungeon, maybe a drop-chance around 30% (or less). That way players who want to only play one character can run how many dungeons they want, they wont be getting items every run but it will add great RPG feeling. "Ohh, I feel like next run will give me something good" - type of thing.
OR
* Equipment can only be gained during the first 30 dungeons, after that you are rewarded with resources (such as onyx crystal for example). That way the "progress" you gain on your main by playing an alt can be gained by just continuing playing your main.
The end result of how much progress your main would gain from all alts could be achieved by just playing dungeons on your main (without limit) but only reward resources.

I also understand that Maplestory 2 is a social game. However, this game offers everything, don't freeze out potential players who are really into PVE and progression by slimming down different aspect of the game. Make every aspect, even if it's social, casual PVE, hardcore PVE or killing other players (PVP) be something that works for everyone.

Feel free to discuss! Please remember, this is how I feel! I know many love the limit but there´s many who don't. We all want players to stay and fuel life into this wonderful game. Don't make mistakes that make players quit! I'm doing everything in my power to keep the community growing.

//Soddah
NymmIsaac753MipieJordanXionSoreph9CelestialKitsuneAngelicPanty
  1. Read the thread first! Do you think the weekly and daily limit for dungeons should be changed?34 votes
    1. Yes!
       85% (29 votes)
    2. No!
       15% (5 votes)

Comments

• SoddahSoddah
    edited 5:24AM October 8, 2018
    Edited my post with another proposed solution:
    Equipment can only be gained during the first 30 dungeons, after that you are rewarded with resources (such as onyx crystal for example). That way the "progress" you gain on your main by playing an alt can be gained by just continuing playing your main.
    The end result of how much progress your main would gain from all alts could be achieved by just playing dungeons on your main (without limit) but only reward resources.
  • SoddahSoddah
    I posted this information on /r/MapleStory2 and the post got a lot of attention and made it to the front.
    You can find the post here: https://www.reddit.com/r/MapleStory2/comments/9mdz60/please_change_the_weekly_and_daily_dungeon_limit/

Anymore feedback regarding this topic on the forums? Feels like we only got few votes. :)
  • Isaac753Isaac753
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 300
    i like ur ideas man.
    as casual player i agree with every word.
    also i dont like play alts and i hate being forced into making them in order to keep progressing my main, it should be a chooice.
    both ur solutions seem appilling as well.
  • JordanXionJordanXion
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 400
    Agreed. This should be implemented.
  • JetUppercutJetUppercut
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 5,535
    The rigid structure of the game's progression needs to change so that they can take the load off the dungeon rewards.
    Currently, the Dungeons are both too rewarding and the only source of 90% of your progression.
    If they reduced overall rewards, but put them in other parts of the game, they could free up the limit or even remove it, depending on how quickly they want you to progress. Or work on alternative methods for progression that would make removing the cap irrelevant.
    I've suggested multiple solutions to the problem going as far back as the first beta test.
    The way the upgrade system works kind of prevents them from being generous with materials and item drops and there's no alternatives for acquiring gear or upgrade materials besides dungeons and dungeon drops.
    Gemstones and Enhancements are pretty rare right now, so we'll see how that plays out. I have a feeling they will be a large part of the changes.
    But as the game is right now, doing anything to the dungeon limits will just create more issues down the line.
    DanDKSyrusMarufuji
  • Soreph9Soreph9
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 705
    The developers did not know how to create real difficulty, so the "difficulty" is to damage the progression of characters with ridiculous limits so you can create alts for you to spend on 3 characters, in order to play a little more a week.
    DanDK
  • SaranethSaraneth
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,995
    edited 12:25AM November 1, 2018
    Yes please. Being FORCED to make alts to progress my main is ridiculous. What is the point of the limit when it can be bypassed by making alts?

If you want limits keep the daily limit but remove the weekly one. That would solve a lot of peoples worries I bet.
  • DanDKDanDK
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 33,535
    Saraneth wrote: »
    If you want limits keep the daily limit but remove the weekly one. That would solve a lot of peoples worries I bet.

How does that solve anything at all? You'll just increase the pressure for everyone to do 10 daily runs whereas now you can at least split 30 across 7 days. And alts still get 100% benefit for each additional character.
  • SaranethSaraneth
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,995
    edited 5:02PM November 1, 2018
    DanDK wrote: »
    Saraneth wrote: »

How does that solve anything at all? You'll just increase the pressure for everyone to do 10 daily runs whereas now you can at least split 30 across 7 days. And alts still get 100% benefit for each additional character.

The pressure is already there but instead of doing more dungeon runs on a single character you are pressured into making alts and farming on them too.

I feeling removing the weekly limit would lower the pressure not increase it.
  • AngelicPantyAngelicPanty
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 685
    Thank you for posting this, it will resonates with my current feelings towards dungeons and gearing up towards Epic. I've played MANY, MANY MMORPGS's over the years. I'm the type of person that have 2-3 mains, I attempt to make an alt for each class to try it out but I never commit because it's already too much to level the other alts/gear them. Right now I have a singular main on MS2, who I am focusing on gearing up. I don't have any issue with the daily limit, that's fine but the weekly limit is where it hurts. 3 days of doing dungeons and boom, you're done trying for the chance at an epic gear(other than leveling fishing). Now you have to wait 5 days for the weekly reset. So the smartest thing to do would be wait till Tuesday to start doing dungeons, then when Friday rolls around it gets reset.

In this same breath I also understand a lot of other MMO's have similar aspects of dungeon/raid gearing. On World Of Warcraft, you have no limit on doing dungeons to gear up, but raids you can only do once a week(but there's MANY raids to do). They are forcing you however, to create alts. Limiting you on furthering one character.
    SyrusMarufuji