Check out the patch notes for the v18 Kritias Expansion here: http://forums.maplestory2.nexon.net/discussion/45974

this game is going downhill fast - error 10053

HeimerdingerHeimerdinger
MapleStory 2 Rep: 2,870
edited 10:27PM November 1, 2018 in General Chat
Hi , i am a legend founder already ready to quit the game

error 10053 makes it impossible to do hard mode dungeons, i even tried to buy some runs but people expect you to pay them first before u get the item(and i don't blame them lol), making it a huge risk if you d/ce meaning you could throw away mesos for literally nothing

if you run the dungeon normally you will d/ce - get stuck at the front door - get kicked - repeat - repeat- repeat

waste all your items too

error 10053 also makes it ridiculously hard to do even the most simplest of things , like gathering (its made it become more of a chore than actually fun),

ive noticed its been getting worse ever since we hit the 2 million player (bot) mark

getting to 60 is way too easy , i afk barded 3 characters to 60 and then they keep giving you vouchers to do it again on the next characters, its like a cycle of unlimited AFK experience , but after you are 60 getting decent gear to just do normal content is ridiculous

its super easy to level them but having to do all of the achievements you did ALL over again kind of detriments wanting to even play alts in the first place so i just have a bunch of lvl 60s that havent even done a single story quest yet so i just goof around with their skills and lvl them while i play other games / watch anime

you have to spam runs and deal with consistent bots,RNG , being kicked at the end of runs by assholes,error 10053s, etc, just to get the gear score to even TRY the hard dungeons , nevermind actually beat one

this double dungeon event is just slapping all the people with this error in the face, everyone else is going to get double rewards for weeks and nexon plans to fix the error AFTER all the events are over , so they get absolutely shafted

you cant even tryhard your way through it once the bug is fixed because there is a dungeon cap, so you just get a permanent handicap , thanks nexon

raid is coming and its probably going to just make the problem worse

i tried so hard to like this game but its just making it so hard for anything to be enjoyable
and i regret founding

Comments

• KhalykKhalyk
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 2,400
    edited 10:29PM November 1, 2018
    Hi, Im a legend founder as well and have never had an error 10053 message.

Upon inspection of the tech support forums, Error 10053 is a data communication error to the client due to unstable internet connections.

Are you asking Nexon to come to your house and fix your internet connection for you because Ive gotta say thats probably a hard sell.

Do research yourself instead of feeling sorry and crying on the forums, you may even be able to fix the problem and improve your gaming experience.
  • HeimerdingerHeimerdinger
    edited 10:32PM November 1, 2018
    error 10053 is an issue on nexons end , its happening on a massive scale and they addressed that they are trying to solve it by nov 8th

AFTER all the double events are done

i am not the only one at all, and i can play literally any other game with 0 connection issues.

http://maplestory2.nexon.net/en/news/article/37851/producer-blog-state-of-the-game-week-3

10053 Error Fix: We are still targeting November 8th for the fix, and will provide more information soon
    Wicca411
  • KhalykKhalyk
    If it was on Nexons end EVERYONE would experience it because EVERYONE connects to Nexons server infrastructure... MOST people DONT experience it, therefor ITS ON YOUR END NOT NEXONS. Its LITERALLY the top stickied post in the first position on the tech support thread...
  • KhalykKhalyk
    It theoretically could be a hiccup in how YOUR ISP communicates with Nexons servers but thats still technically not a "Nexon" problem thats your ISP doing something odd in the handshake.
  • Pineapple1124Pineapple1124
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 2,740
    I get that error once in a week. I heard it's your internet connections fault.
  • HeimerdingerHeimerdinger
    i get it every 2-5 minutes depending on what i am doing in the game , and i've done every fix on the list they gave, its a lost cause

• KhalykKhalyk
    If you havent tried this as a last resort give it a try, find a free VPN and activate it then try connecting to the game. If the connection is more stable the problem is how your ISP is handshaking with Nexons servers, going through a VPN will be slower but the VPN server is making the handshake not your ISP.
  • Meso_ManMeso_Man
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 2,130
    If you're getting "stuck at the front door" and can't go to boss, you need to die in the dungeon. Buy Red Daisy on the Black Market, unequip your armor and you will respawn in the boss area of the dungeon. It's only a temporary solution I hope.
    Hosu
  • WAtheAnumWAtheAnum
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,285
    edited 4:44AM November 2, 2018
    i get it every 2-5 minutes depending on what i am doing in the game , and i've done every fix on the list they gave, its a lost cause

i kinda can second this. i pretty much did a lot already to my internet/network/router too, reseting my router, restaring, reinstalling it, creating a new outcomeline, opening ports, conection fixes, firmware update(again), etc.

somtimes i get this error like 3 times in a row too. So tbh, i will not say the game sucks now for this error but i sure would say i wish they fixes it or help us with a more "direct info" what we actually can do to prevent said error happens. i cant fix something if i duno who has to fix it or what i have to fix, if it is "i" who has to fix it anyways...
  • ArSkulderArSkulder
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,215
    edited 5:57AM November 2, 2018
    Well, nexon and people who are lucky enough to not having the same experience will keep blaming our connection. This always happen on peak hours for me, and it's fine otherwise. For people who are having this problem, nothing we could do to fix it, no matter if others won't believe it the issue is not on our side. The only thing I could do is playing another game on peak hours and come back later.
    Heimerdinger
  • DochiDochi
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,795
    edited 7:00AM November 2, 2018
    Hi , i am a legend founder already ready to quit the game

error 10053 makes it impossible to do hard mode dungeons, i even tried to buy some runs but people expect you to pay them first before u get the item(and i don't blame them lol), making it a huge risk if you d/ce meaning you could throw away mesos for literally nothing

if you run the dungeon normally you will d/ce - get stuck at the front door - get kicked - repeat - repeat- repeat

waste all your items too

error 10053 also makes it ridiculously hard to do even the most simplest of things , like gathering (its made it become more of a chore than actually fun),

ive noticed its been getting worse ever since we hit the 2 million player (bot) mark

getting to 60 is way too easy , i afk barded 3 characters to 60 and then they keep giving you vouchers to do it again on the next characters, its like a cycle of unlimited AFK experience , but after you are 60 getting decent gear to just do normal content is ridiculous

its super easy to level them but having to do all of the achievements you did ALL over again kind of detriments wanting to even play alts in the first place so i just have a bunch of lvl 60s that havent even done a single story quest yet so i just goof around with their skills and lvl them while i play other games / watch anime

you have to spam runs and deal with consistent bots,RNG , being kicked at the end of runs by assholes,error 10053s, etc, just to get the gear score to even TRY the hard dungeons , nevermind actually beat one

this double dungeon event is just slapping all the people with this error in the face, everyone else is going to get double rewards for weeks and nexon plans to fix the error AFTER all the events are over , so they get absolutely shafted

you cant even tryhard your way through it once the bug is fixed because there is a dungeon cap, so you just get a permanent handicap , thanks nexon

raid is coming and its probably going to just make the problem worse

i tried so hard to like this game but its just making it so hard for anything to be enjoyable
    and i regret founding

agreed. the fact that I got 6.8k attk and have to consider buying dungeon runs cuz of 10053 every 2 minutse sucks..
    HeimerdingerPot
  • DochiDochi
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,795
    ArSkulder wrote: »
    Well, nexon and people who are lucky enough to not having the same experience will keep blaming our connection. This always happen on peak hours for me, and it's fine otherwise. For people who are having this problem, nothing we could do to fix it, no matter if others won't believe it the issue is not on our side. The only thing I could do is playing another game on peak hours and come back later.

i think there are a lot of issues here. I had 0 10053 before last patch and after last patch i get it every 2 min ~ 30 min. Can't autfish anymore either.
  • KiwanoKiwano
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 640
    Khalyk wrote: »
    MOST people DONT experience it, therefor ITS ON YOUR END NOT NEXONS.

Well, not necessary. The game client is on your end as well. The cause has't been revealed, yet, so it may just be that the client can't handle certain situations or system configurations. And from I know, the MS2 client requires a very reliable connection and it handles timeouts and delays rather badly.
  • XeekTheMightyXeekTheMighty
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 300
    I believe it's a mixture of how they programmed it and a bad internet connection. I've noticed I get a ton of 10053 errors when my internet starts acting up. However; in other games I just lag for a brief moment. So they must have it that if you have an unstable net, it kicks you right away.
  • SentineIsSentineIs
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,605
    I get 10053 error a lot when I'm on wi-fi, switching to ethernet solved it.
  • HosuHosu
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 3,655
    As a person who used to get error 10053 to the point of unplayability, I can tell you its actually Nexon's fault. The fix they are aiming is to make up for a flaw in their setup. When a disconnection occurs, most games have a buffer period; that is to say, a brief window during which they will actively search for that connection again until it is re-established, but Nexon's client doesn't do this properly.

What this means is that people with exceptionally stable internet connections, either due to location, nature of their connection (hard-wire vs wi-fi), and the infrastructure of their actual ISP, will never experience error 10053 because the connection is that good. However, any type of connection that experiences hiccups or short time-outs is capable of error 10053.

I'd suggest waiting till November 8th to see if the fix does anything for you before coming to a decision.
    HeimerdingerOneConfusedMilletian
  • Techn0mancerTechn0mancer
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,235
    No connection error problems on my end (nor anyone I know personally) but I agree with basically everything else the OP said. This double drop event may be making people happy in the short term, but it is basically punishing anyone that wanted to take the game seriously, i.e. founders that jumped on board for a head start. This is a pretty blatant equalization process, specifically to remove any advantage that people that paid 100$ for to get. A lot of the tryhards like myself (although I thought of myself as casual until posting in this forum; apparently I'm a tryhard) feel like this event is pretty much kicking us in the junk for working hard, spending millions of mesos, joining tryhard guilds, making investments in what we assumed would be a functional economy etc.

The people happy about these changes are happy because it's "sticking it to the man", i.e. the people that worked hard to get ahead, but one day, their turn will come, and they'll be railing about their in game wealth being wiped out, and achievements nullified with an upcoming patch, mark my words. It's a bad precedent to set, imho.
    Heimerdinger
  • KiwanoKiwano
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 640
    edited 8:27AM November 2, 2018
    Hosu wrote: »
    What this means is that people with exceptionally stable internet connections, either due to location, nature of their connection (hard-wire vs wi-fi), and the infrastructure of their actual ISP, will never experience error 10053 because the connection is that good.

I wonder about that. If you check out the mega-thread, the pattern seems to be much broader as many players with stable connections and setups still get this error. It is also entirely possible the client or the game guard are causing the connection issues themselves, on top of not handling timeouts well.
  • KasorasKasoras
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,350
    I heard a vpn will help a lot, give it a try.
  • PinkFoxxyPinkFoxxy
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,090

" getting to level 60 is too easy" *goes on to explain how they CHOSE to afk a character all the way to level 60*

SherriHarrms