During the October event period, the Escaped Moon Bunny world boss spawns at the following times:

NA West: 02:30 AM - 05:30 AM UTC
NA East: 11:30 PM - 02:30 AM UTC
South America: 10:30 PM - 01:30 AM UTC
Europe: 5:30 PM - 8:30 PM UTC
Oceania: 08:30 AM – 11:30 AM UTC

Lets' be Brutally Honest for Once

AcheronsAcherons
MapleStory 2 Rep: 975
edited 11:04PM November 1, 2018 in General Chat
So I've seen female characters always having more leeway in terms of GS requirement, making friends, and in general looking cute for the guys playing the game.

But, I want to finally put an end to the people who still get catfished out there and give them a general feeling of who is really behind those innocent priests.

P.S. Sorry no hard feelings toward priests <3
  1. Are you a guy and have 1+ female character?342 votes
    1. Yes! I like female characters and I'm a guy
       39% (134 votes)
    2. No! I'm a girl and I play a Male Characters
       8% (26 votes)
    3. Nope! I stick to my own gender as characters
       53% (182 votes)

Comments

• DragonicWolfDragonicWolf
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 2,320
    My boyfriend uses almost exclusively female characters in video games. Sometimes he makes the usernames something female-sounding to fool people. Meanwhile, my sister uses exclusively male characters.
    AcheronsDanteYodaAkanezoraWickedNuespacepizzacatCryoGX
  • Pineapple1124Pineapple1124
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 2,740
    Speaking of girls + games:
    I have not seen any gamer girl or anime girl in my school yet. They do play like candy crush type of games though, but mostly busy spending time on social media.

The ones i met from the internet:
    - She said she cant reveal her voice, and she gave me a picture. I reverse searched and found matching results..
    - Legit one is actually spammed by guys already. Lol
    AcheronsWickedNue
  • KhalykKhalyk
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 2,400
    I guess the real question is does anyone actually care? If you came to MS2 looking for love Ive got some bad news for you...
    HowlyeEinoZintackDoomKittenOneConfusedMilletianTexZeroIrisFlowerbunlilychocopugBebopand 32 others.
  • AcheronsAcherons
    Oh my God Pineapple it's you again! <3

But yeah it's hard to see guys out there fall for the bait.
    Khalyk wrote: »
    I guess the real question is does anyone actually care? If you came to MS2 looking for love Ive got some bad news for you...

Interestingly, I know a lot of couples that met through video games. Some of them even married, but wife rarely plays, husband is like hardcore. I was actually invited to one, but I didn’t go, because it was too far.
    DanDKNunahbunlilyTseneZerolioWickedNuespacepizzacatcryoKAcherons
  • RalleYTNRalleYTN
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,615
    I'm a guy but If I wanted to play a priest I would choose female simply because I think it is more fitting.
    For knight and berserker I would choose male because that somehow fits the best.
    Acherons
  • AcheronsAcherons
    @RalleYTN

Yes that makes sense in a way for
    majority of people it seems.
  • VeremisiaVeremisia
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,590
    I enjoy crossdressing and thus I play male characters, especially because I managed to make my male character look hella cute... But I'm honestly tempted to switch back to playing female characters, because males simply get no love when it comes to fashion. Females have a big advantage in that department... (fashion with no gender restriction when)

I voted for "I'm a girl and I play male characters" - I don't mind proving that I'm a girl, I got nothing to hide after all.
    OneConfusedMilletian
  • KhalykKhalyk
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 2,400
    Khalyk wrote: »

Interestingly, I know a lot of couples that met through video games. Some of them even married, but wife rarely plays, husband is like hardcore. I was actually invited to one, but I didn’t go, because it was too far.

Some games sure, A msrb "E 10+" game like MS2? No thanks bud thats how you end up with Chris Hansen.

AcheronsSkitsCariseiDragonicWolfSerpentZen
  • AcheronsAcherons
    @veremisia
    No thanks for voting! It actually helps a lot and we get to see from your perspective too! :)
  • Nanachi_CCCPNanachi_CCCP
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 2,900
    no2kKZI.jpg
    Rude!
    Look how angry did this thread made my priest!
    No heals or buffs in upcoming raid for you. :^)
    AcheronsOneConfusedMilletianHosuHeartdonorWickedNue
    We should take a moment and thank nexon for giving us gender options. I played bdo, I was stuck as a ugly berserker to chain grab people and smash any pretty girls!! My berserker whisphered me that he wanted to be qt, smol and pretty like a tamer. His dream never came true, but black spirit gifted him rng and he had easy way to softcap. Then the frigging chain grab nerf happened. Quit.
  • LuminaEdgeLuminaEdge
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 8,430
    I'm playing a girl char as a guy and i am here correct something.

"Looking cute for the guys"

Cute for other guys my arse my char is cute for **ME** . Dress up and glow up on the daily.

Also catfishing is gross im honest about being a guy.
    EinoZintackSpecksNunahSproutibunlilySherriSpaiseidontreallyknowmanEleryaand 7 others.
  • ZintackZintack
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 2,520
    To start off with, I am a girl.
    I usually start as a male character. Honestly, I like making/playing as male characters more because they just seem more awesome to me and kinda weird but I just feel more powerful playing males.. even though they don't have any power boost, haha.
    BUT if there's gender swap options, I might start off as a female because then I like to switch back and forth between male and female~ but spend more of my time as a male.
    *Too bad I didn't notice how expensive switching genders would be in ms2.
    I already maxed out my main class [female character] and then saw how expensive that change coupon is...on top of that, expensive style crates giving me mainly/only female items, so.. guess I'm not changing to male for awhile. Meanwhile, Mabinogi has free gender changes + gachas that give out both gender/unisex outfits. feelsbadman.[/i]
    But anyways, I voted female as male

• MiaosMiaos
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,165
    When I was younger (like 13 years old, 13 year olds do dumb things) I use to pretend to be a guy in online games and catfish girls, but most "girls" turns out to be guys anyways, but it was fun seeing people finding out that the guy they're trying to catfish is a 13 year old girl catfishing them
    The "pretty female support/healer actually being a guy" is now a staple of MMO tropes, I assume everyone knows about it by now.
    Zintacklillucario
  • VeremisiaVeremisia
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,590
    edited 12:17AM November 2, 2018
    I think a lot of guys play female characters. This has a couple of reasons. Some, or so they say, prefer to stare at female butts while they game. And others just think that female characters look generally better than males, in which I have to say - I fully agree. Almost all the guy friends I have play female characters. There's some exceptions, where some of the guys I know play exclusively male characters, because they can't identify with a female character.

Playing a male character as a female and not revealing ones real life gender has the pro of dodging those weird guys that start being all friendly and buddy buddy with you, once you tell them you are female. Happened to me more often than not and I don't like it. Treat me like you would treat anyone, don't treat me any different, just because I'm a girl.
    ZintackCyntusSpiralofvertigoSpaiseMousekin
  • Meso_ManMeso_Man
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 2,130
    We should take a moment and thank nexon for giving us gender options. I played bdo, I was stuck as a ugly berserker to chain grab people and smash any pretty girls!! My berserker whisphered me that he wanted to be qt, smol and pretty like a tamer. His dream never came true, but black spirit gifted him rng and he had easy way to softcap. Then the frigging chain grab nerf happened. Quit.

A little off topic but....Zerks only needed two grabs to one touch any class anyways. If you need more, stop back wind slash spamming and work on animation cancels/ front guard/ super armor etc.

On topic, whenever I see some guy playing a female character I can't help but think he's desperate. I know it's kinda true because some dudes on twitch look hecking sad.
  • PurrtyLuckyPurrtyLucky
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,215
    I always play my own gender (female), and I can't say I've ever felt I've gotten any benefit from it. I don't make friends easy and nobody is letting me get away with not being good or having bad gear.

Also... I'm dressing my character cute for myself. I don't care if people like my outfits or not. :3
    DanDKNunahSproutiScarlytinyfruitbatHeartdonorRyuna
  • DoomKittenDoomKitten
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 610
    I play each class.

Females being: priest, archer, wizard
    Males being: beserker, Heavy gunner, Assassin, thief, and knight.

I just care about my characters being cool looking overall but never limited to making them male or female.
    ZintackKhalykSpaise
  • strawberriesstrawberries
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 820
    the real girls that you do find have a boyfriend already! (Me lmao)

jk there are real girls out there , but you won't find them if ur insistently searching, thats creepo :<

I have a male chara, but i made him look so feminine lol

I have a friend who is male and plays as female, he does that in every mmo because girls have cuter outfits lol

i dunno if being a girl gives u that much advantage in this game, no meret gifting !!! I already have friends that play this game with me so not like being a cute grill in game makes me popular.
    bunlilyBrids17