Please do not send inquiries to the Forum Moderators and Community Manager Cuddles regarding forum name changes. Exceptions are only made if the forum name violates the CoC. Thank you for understanding.

[CONTEST] MapleStory 2 Gamepedia Event

NXACuddlesNXACuddles
Maplestory 2 Rep: 66,420
Administrator
edited 4:46PM November 1, 2018 in Contests and Events
Are you a skilled raider, gear expert, strategist, and class expert?! Are you a living, breathing, walking encyclopedia of MapleStory 2? Show us your knowledge in the MapleStory 2 Gamepdia contest!

Our wiki page is in need of updates and TLC for you fellow Maplers to use as a resource to guide them through Maple World. The most compelling contributions will receive some awesome prizes!

1jZqsdPm.jpg
f517e27d1efc46547a3c1a6aa0e1080b6ec43cc3.png

Edit on our Official MapleStory 2 Gamepedia >>
https://maplestory2.gamepedia.com/MapleStory_2_Wiki

Here is a complete list of all the current guides available >>
https://maplestory2.gamepedia.com/Guides_List

MAPLESTORY 2 WIKI SCRIBES
If you want to convene with other wiki editors, you can do so in this Discord chat >>
https://discord.gg/s6FHACg

SUBMISSION DATES:
November 1, 2018 - November 30, 2018

JUDGING CRITERIA:
- Constructive and accurate contributions – 50%
- Wiki points earned (top contributions) – 50%

PRIZES

5 Grand Prize Winners will receive the following:
- One (1) Gamepedia swag box
- Rolling Slime Mount
- A special name tag badge currently being designed by Nexon’s development studio
- Three (3) special hairstyle vouchers

5 Runner-Up Winners will receive the following:
- Rolling Slime Mount
- A special name tag badge currently being designed by Nexon’s development studio
- Three (3) special hairstyle vouchers

The DOs and DON'Ts of Wiki Editing

Before editing our Gampedia Wiki pages, please review the following DOs and DON'Ts:

DOs
======
DO review the following pages and the Gamepedia Help Wiki for helpful tips like how to structure pages, formatting text, and other useful tips (especially if you're a first-time editor)!
https://maplestory2.gamepedia.com/Help:Contents
https://help.gamepedia.com/Gamepedia_Help_Wiki

DO keep the Wiki professional! Editors should maintain a professional tone of voice and proper grammar in content contributed to the Wiki.

DO ask questions if you need help! Wiki editing can be daunting for those just starting out. Feel free to ask active editors for help by leaving a message on their page or joining the Wiki's Discord to chat.

DO collaborate with others. Even if this is a solo contest, the Wiki is still a collaborative effort, and no page belongs to one person. If you plan on making large changes to a page or see someone else working on the page, reach out and talk with one another to help improve content together.

DO verify that, if you're creating an article, the content does not already exist on the Wiki. Having two sources of information in two locations for the same item is confusing for viewers.

DO make use of personal sandbox pages in your user namespace to help format pages before you post them (eg. https://maplestory2.gamepedia.com/User:Elaeagnifolia/Sandbox )

DO use the Preview button when editing and before saving to verify that your edit looks good!

DON'Ts
======
DO NOT be afraid to contribute, but don't be reckless. Review your edits and ask questions if you need help.

DO NOT vandalize pages with gibberish or non-informational content.

DO NOT self-promote in-game content. While you may want to share your trophy house or advertise that new shiny item you just posted on the Black Market, it does not belong on the Wiki.

DO NOT plagiarize content. If you are using material from existing guides, make sure you have the permission of the owner to use that content and reference back to the owner's guide.

DO NOT add information based on opinions or guesswork. If you're not sure about information, leave it on the Discussion/Talk pages for others to verify.

Official Rules >> http://forums.maplestory2.nexon.net/discussion/41990
mewberiStabbyMcKnifeguyCriticalRiposteMeso_ManMysteliJaneeoMintTeaoCubeNoobEltaLeegand 2 others.

Comments

• NXACuddlesNXACuddles
    Administrator
    This contest is now live!!
    mewberiStabbyMcKnifeguy
  • mewberimewberi
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 3,405
    huh... interesting contest, well good luck to those who participate!
    StabbyMcKnifeguy
  • StabbyMcKnifeguyStabbyMcKnifeguy
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 2,785
    Long was I told that all my time playing MS2 wouldn't amount to anything, that my "useless" knowledge of the game wouldn't get me anywhere in life.

My time to shine has come.
    mewberiRaruthMintyliciousSpiralofvertigoCatalystoMintTeaoEltaVelmurrDanDKPexcelland 6 others.
  • ArturitoArturito
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 320
    Best of lucky to all scribes!
    I'm sure you all will do an amazing job. Can't wait to see the final result. ♥
    mewberioMintTeao
  • MysteliMysteli
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 1,335
    edited 5:26PM November 1, 2018
    Oh. I mean I already started doing contributing last week after a recent pick up of activity there. I wasn't expecting a competition booster to follow. :O
    (I will assume any contributions made prior to the announcement date of this post won't qualify for anything to keep it fair)
  • BellavateBellavate
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 820
    I'm already all up in this! Pet pages are my babies.

But I'll have to expand my reach if I want to win.
  • RaruthRaruth
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 300
    It was time! There is a lot to fill, and this event is the ideal opportunity to do it!
  • NXACuddlesNXACuddles
    Administrator
    Mysteli wrote: »
    Oh. I mean I already started doing contributing last week after a recent pick up of activity there. I wasn't expecting a competition booster to follow. :O
    (I will assume any contributions made prior to the announcement date of this post won't qualify for anything to keep it fair)

Yes, it will only count the contributions between November 1st - November 30th~
  • Nyuuk1ngNyuuk1ng
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 840
    Can I put some portuguese info?
  • WindauraWindaura
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 900
    This contest looks like fun, and helpful, too!
    Actually, what a coincidence, I've been writing out bits of dialogue (because I'm so interested in the characters HAHA) from the Epic Quest and compiling it all into a doc~
    I think it might be quite handy for the NPC/Quest pages ^^

Do we state our Gamepedia username here?

OneConfusedMilletian
  • strawberriesstrawberries
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 810
    Time to try wiki editing! Theres so much i was trying to learn from the wiki when i first started that wasnt on it
    OneConfusedMilletian
  • ZydicoZydico
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 845
    edited 2:17AM November 2, 2018
    My website maplestory2guide.com is listed on the guides page, so I was wondering how external pages or documents relate to this contest. Is it only contributions to the wiki directly that will count?
  • WAtheAnumWAtheAnum
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 1,230
    this whole contest sounds more like you guys want us to work on something you guys dont wanna do. No i mean it, it sounds like "we are to lazy do write that stuff, lets hide it behind a contest and let the community do it" somehow.
    DanDKSokky
  • DanDKDanDK
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 31,435
    Reminder for everyone since you've apparently tried to obscure it:
    NXACuddles wrote: »
    8. Winner Selection: (...) The judges will select from among all eligible entrants up to five (5) Grand Prize winners (Grand Prizes available only to those entrants who are legal residents of the United States and Canada (excluding Quebec)) and five (5) Runner-Up winners for the Promotion.
    WAtheAnum wrote: »
    this whole contest sounds more like you guys want us to work on something you guys dont wanna do. No i mean it, it sounds like "we are to lazy do write that stuff, lets hide it behind a contest and let the community do it" somehow.

That's how most official contests work though. Remember the various ones where you're supposed to like and share on different social media?
  • WAtheAnumWAtheAnum
    edited 6:56AM November 2, 2018
    DanDK wrote: »
    NXACuddles wrote: »
    8. Winner Selection: (...) The judges will select from among all eligible entrants up to five (5) Grand Prize winners (Grand Prizes available only to those entrants who are legal residents of the United States and Canada (excluding Quebec)) and five (5) Runner-Up winners for the Promotion.
    WAtheAnum wrote: »

That's how most official contests work though. Remember the various ones where you're supposed to like and share on different social media?

dude, like, for real. A player is not here to "explain" how to play a game. the ones who created the game are also the people who "normaly" understand it the most (OR SHOULD) and sure should write their gaming manual. I mean image the creators from Tetris were like this/would have done that...
  • KiwanoKiwano
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 530
    edited 4:49AM November 3, 2018
    That's how the gamepedia swag box apparently looks like.

DanDK wrote: »

Yeah, seriously. I get the need for the fine print, but that restriction is relevant to the motivation of your participants. You shoot yourself in the foot if you end up disappointing hard working players.

Imho, when you ask for volunteers to do what is your own responsibility - and no, it doesn't matter that it's common practice to outsource guides and databases to fans - the least you could do is reveal and explain the game mechanics in detail.
  • SyrusMarufujiSyrusMarufuji
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 3,380
    I'm relatively interested in trying my hand at this... I'd love to be able to contribute. My experience in law and research should hopefully come in handy here.
    OneConfusedMilletian
  • XyliXyli
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 400
    Kinda spooky this competition happened completely under my radar when I own the wiki discord o -o
  • CandleCandle
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 1,575
    Zydico wrote: »
    My website maplestory2guide.com is listed on the guides page, so I was wondering how external pages or documents relate to this contest. Is it only contributions to the wiki directly that will count?

Seconding this as the owner of ms2.guru, but my assumption is that it's wiki-exclusive. They could refer to them for the "DO NOT plagiarize content" part, but the contest just feels like "manually update the wiki and create pages for each of the 20,000+ items, 3,000+ quests, 1,500+ trophies, etc." when there are smarter ways to present game information than typing them out by hand.
  • WAtheAnumWAtheAnum
    next to this i as one sample wrote a own guide on steam, on my own about activitys you can do next to the more "usual stuff". i can prove it if needed...