Check out the patch notes for the v18 Kritias Expansion here: http://forums.maplestory2.nexon.net/discussion/45974

Making it easy again! STOP!

SlightlyGrimSlightlyGrim
MapleStory 2 Rep: 770
Posts: 27
Member
edited 12:51PM November 1, 2018 in General Chat
http://maplestory2.nexon.net/en/news/article/37941/producer-blog-chaos-raid-update

They're now changing all the weapons .. STOP MAKING THIS GAME EASIER!
You're just killing the mood!

I want to play a game for hours on end and actually feel like ive accomplished something. yet every turn you just dumb down content and make things easier!
Really getting ticked off with this. First, i made a post about you having 3 weeks of 2x drop... which killed the games market completely and made running anything at all just feel like a waste of time (while the game literally only had dungeon running as its high point)

Now youre making hard content easier by allowing access to anyone with any weapon. Now, all the time ive spent farming up other weapons and upgrades feels like a total waste of time!

Just for once I wish you guys would just leave content "HARD" and stop making everything feel like less of an accomplishment.

And to all the people commenting. Yes, you say its a good thing now! but watch, in 1 month, when everything has been handed to you!!! you're going to quit the game because you're bored of it. Thats how things like this go! By asking for easier content, you're just making the life of the game shorter.
Kasoras

Comments

  • SentineIsSentineIs
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,605
    Posts: 157
    Member
    This guy...
    ElliebirdUminoKorasuCryoGXVagabondalmondKyuukeiDilBertGreenEinoMiaosKrylusPkmdzand 1 other.
  • PizzaBearPizzaBear
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,795
    Posts: 72
    Member
    It's just a game, dood. It's not getting a PhD degree.
    HosuElliebirdUminoKorasuCryoGXCyntuspiyo_niiVagabondalmondchocopugFloeKyuukeiand 8 others.
  • VulpeonVulpeon
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 320
    Posts: 2
    Member
    edited 12:52PM November 1, 2018
    In what world is collecting 3 different weapons and getting them to +12 "Hard"? This just takes meso and farming everyweek...

    Yikes.
    ElliebirdKyuukei
  • SlightlyGrimSlightlyGrim
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 770
    Posts: 27
    Member
    Vulpeon wrote: »
    In what world is collecting 3 different weapons and getting them to +12 "Hard"? This just takes meso and farming everyweek...

    Yikes.

    not so much that its "hard" it just makes the life of the game longer because it actually forces you to play all the content.
    now, you can just skip out on half the games content because it doesnt matter anymore.

    Plus, anyone who has been upgrading multiple weapons, now gets a smack to the face.
  • HaliHali
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,875
    Posts: 79
    Member
    Anyone with any weapon? Could of sworn you needed a upgraded epic weapon like the way it was originally intended, they are just fixing an oversight to their change.

    And if you wanted a hard game play a real game then, maplestory never was a hard game ever.
    ElliebirdUminoKorasu
  • Pineapple1124Pineapple1124
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 2,740
    Posts: 114
    Member
    I like the new update.
    TexZeroElliebirdMeso_ManKyuukeiEino
  • SentineIsSentineIs
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,605
    Posts: 157
    Member
    Vulpeon wrote: »
    In what world is collecting 3 different weapons and getting them to +12 "Hard"? This just takes meso and farming everyweek...

    Yikes.

    not so much that its "hard" it just makes the life of the game longer because it actually forces you to play all the content.
    now, you can just skip out on half the games content because it doesnt matter anymore.

    Plus, anyone who has been upgrading multiple weapons, now gets a smack to the face.

    Kandura pendent, balrog horns wings, nutaman earring, fd weapon drops, varrekant wings horns...all reasons to run other dungeons.

    If you ran other dungeons and upgraded all the weapons that sucks you got shafted. But before a bunch of other people got shafted. The majority couldnt, didnt have the time ,mesos ,rng. To properly upgrade 3 weapons.

    Then again from your old posts its quite obvious that you are stuck in your elitist mindset. I recommend people just ignoring this post since he is just going to keep at it.
    TexZeroElliebirdUminoKorasuHellserKyuukeiMintylicious
  • SlightlyGrimSlightlyGrim
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 770
    Posts: 27
    Member
    Hali wrote: »
    Anyone with any weapon? Could of sworn you needed a upgraded epic weapon like the way it was originally intended, they are just fixing an oversight to their change.

    And if you wanted a hard game play a real game then, maplestory never was a hard game ever.

    Im talking about the epic weapons.. before hand, you needed to actually up different ones in order to do all the content. Now, it doesnt matter which epic you do.. they all have the same effect no matter which raid you do.
  • XenociderOmegaXenociderOmega
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 3,780
    Posts: 392
    Member
    edited 1:03PM November 1, 2018
    You seriously act like this weapon change is mysteriously going to make everyone start playing like a god and their weapon becomes a gift from the gods with the power to insta kill anything. The only thing made easier is laughing at how ridiculous you're getting.
    picard-facepalm.jpg
    SentineIsTexZerosmol_burritoElliebirdUminoKorasuJointKyuukeiMintylicious
  • NameTakenNameTaken
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 430
    Posts: 4
    Member
    Maplestory2 isn't a game designed to give you difficulties, if you haven't noticed.

    If you want that kind of stuff go to esports games.

    mmorpgs in the first place are not difficult. They are time-consuming and tedious.
    The only future for mmorpgs is social activities. Get a group together to go do a raid. Get a group together and make a song. Get a group together and blah blah blah. Maplestory2 GMS team knows this. They know which players they want to keep.

    My post on the main dev log just complains about players' work being nulled because of a change to conform to a public assumption.

    But as you can see, maplestory2 won't be too much about grinding. I mean... mesos are almost a non-factor in this game where you have earn yourself the better weapons / armor. Look at the dungeon cap. Look at the fees associated with trading. Look at the untradable items. They want people to explore other contents other than doing dmg anyways.

    They had an idea in the beginning of the launch, and they are sticking to it.

    I just wish I hadn't spent the time reading and trusting the weapon description... that's all.

    For me, I'm just gonna move on.
  • SlightlyGrimSlightlyGrim
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 770
    Posts: 27
    Member
    edited 1:05PM November 1, 2018
    first off, you can still just skip half the content because, now that it doesn't matter which epic you use for raids, you can just farm which ever 1 dungeon has the highest priced item. Still allowing you to skip half the content. and then just buy it out if you happen to get the drop. Where as before, you needed to farm multiple in order to upgrade all the epic weapons. Allowing you to play all the content, allowing you the chance at all sorts of different rare drops, and to feel like you've accomplished something when you finally gear out completely.

    Second, I never once thought I was "elite" heck, I dont have wing, i dont have the nut earrings, nor do i have the kandura pendent. That being said, I still like how the game is before these changes. It gives me a reason to play.

    I'm one of the least geared players in the server I can almost guarantee you that.

    I just hate when companies start dumbing down games
  • KitsunemitsuKitsunemitsu
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 710
    Posts: 8
    Member
    Hali wrote: »
    Anyone with any weapon? Could of sworn you needed a upgraded epic weapon like the way it was originally intended, they are just fixing an oversight to their change.

    And if you wanted a hard game play a real game then, maplestory never was a hard game ever.

    Im talking about the epic weapons.. before hand, you needed to actually up different ones in order to do all the content. Now, it doesnt matter which epic you do.. they all have the same effect no matter which raid you do.

    seems u cant read either...the weaps still have their different effects they'll just activate in ALL chaos raids now.
    SentineIsElliebirdUminoKorasuKyuukei
  • SecrotsSecrots
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 2,475
    Posts: 138
    Member
    At no point were you needing to farm all 3 weapons for all 3 raids. Enchantments provide a much more noticeable difference than the bonus for any of the weapons. This is absolutely a good change as it gets rid of the worry that was likely to happen when MSL users wouldn't be as wanted in the 1st raid and Murp users wouldn't be as wanted in the 3rd one.
    SentineIsKyuukei
  • HaliHali
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,875
    Posts: 79
    Member
    People were not go
    Hali wrote: »
    Anyone with any weapon? Could of sworn you needed a upgraded epic weapon like the way it was originally intended, they are just fixing an oversight to their change.

    And if you wanted a hard game play a real game then, maplestory never was a hard game ever.

    Im talking about the epic weapons.. before hand, you needed to actually up different ones in order to do all the content. Now, it doesnt matter which epic you do.. they all have the same effect no matter which raid you do.

    They needed to proc in all the raids because they changed the structure from doing one raid to doing all three raids. People were not going to make three weapons in the original format, they would of kept farming CDev or whatever till the Legendary weapon dropped.

    This doesn't really make the game easier tbh as now you have to learn all three raids to progress instead of sticking to one raid.
    SentineIsElliebirdKyuukei
  • Pineapple1124Pineapple1124
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 2,740
    Posts: 114
    Member
    If they trigger all 3 effects, doesnt that mean its much easier to clear chaos? Like can someone clarify this?
  • SlightlyGrimSlightlyGrim
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 770
    Posts: 27
    Member
    NameTaken wrote: »
    Maplestory2 isn't a game designed to give you difficulties, if you haven't noticed.

    If you want that kind of stuff go to esports games.

    mmorpgs in the first place are not difficult. They are time-consuming and tedious..

    Excuse me? you realize this game was designed to give you difficulty and force you to grind right?
    I hope you're also aware this game was in Korea way before it was released here.. where it was in fact a grind fest.

    In korea, you were also only allowed to run some of the harder content once a week.. making it very "hard" to get the best gear...
    And yet already theyre already changing that by increasing the times you can run it. making the item already worth less. if I have 3 chances to get an item over only once.. that already devalues it.

    This game was not designed to be played the way the changes are happening.
  • SlightlyGrimSlightlyGrim
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 770
    Posts: 27
    Member
    Hali wrote: »
    Anyone with any weapon? Could of sworn you needed a upgraded epic weapon like the way it was originally intended, they are just fixing an oversight to their change.

    And if you wanted a hard game play a real game then, maplestory never was a hard game ever.

    Im talking about the epic weapons.. before hand, you needed to actually up different ones in order to do all the content. Now, it doesnt matter which epic you do.. they all have the same effect no matter which raid you do.

    seems u cant read either...the weaps still have their different effects they'll just activate in ALL chaos raids now.

    same difference, thats what I meant, im just angry!
  • OcculoOcculo
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 835
    Posts: 51
    Member
    Like Secrots said, even before this change you never had to farm all three weapons. Idk why anyone would ever get ancients since attk speed won't do much and is a garbage on hit effect. +14/15 of any weapon would of been enough. Complaining for the sake of complaining lol.
    Elliebird
  • XenociderOmegaXenociderOmega
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 3,780
    Posts: 392
    Member
    edited 1:15PM November 1, 2018
    Occulo wrote: »
    Complaining for the sake of complaining lol.

    Every forums need that one person
    ElliebirdUminoKorasuKyuukei
  • Techn0mancerTechn0mancer
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,235
    Posts: 81
    Member
    edited 1:16PM November 1, 2018
    I'm all for keeping the game casual, but I need to say that I agree with the original posters intent. I mean it really kind of makes a mockery of people that got multiple weapons to +10 because they expected their effects to be relevant, and basically is signalling the following to everyone:

    "Meh, do whatcha want. We're just going to lower the content to whatever you guys feel like at some point, so chillax and go play Red Dead Redemption or something until the final week or two of each update cycle. We gotchu!" - Nexon

    It's far too early in the games development to say what effect this will have in the long term, but I tell you this much, I am NOT burning through onyx, meso's, time and treasure at the rate I have been if we're just going to let Bernie Sanders call all the shots, and lower the requirements so everyone gets a trophy or everyone is just given the same gear score. Equal opportunity and equal outcome are mutually exclusive ideals people.

    Imagine if medical school did this. Do you really want a a doctor operating on you that had the test score requirements dropped to accommodate him?

    In any event, they have earned my trust overall from the transparency they have shown so far, so perhaps this balancing is good for the overall health of the game. I will trust and wait and watch, but for now comrades, I will warn that if it keeps going this way with the double drops, weapon equalization etc, there probably will be a captcha system implemented that forces you to check "Hillary Clinton is teh bezt" in order to log in and get your free max lvl character with all trophy's, achievements and gear unlocked.