Check out the patch notes for the v18 Kritias Expansion here: http://forums.maplestory2.nexon.net/discussion/45974
Closed

define sexual plz

Comments

  • BulbasaurBulbasaur
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 2,525
    Posts: 233
    Member
    edited 6:01PM October 31, 2018
    Kiymori wrote: »
    The only thing that is clear hear is that you refuse to accept you're wrong and that a words definition in a discussion actually matters..

    I shall make one last attempt at clarification because you clearly don't understand what was stated previously. Another strike and we're done here.

    Do you understand what I meant when I wrote "...similar to how you can't use a word to define itself"? I wasn't referring to your definition of "chibi" at all. I was merely using an analogy to show the flaws in Saraneth's argument. Saraneth's argument more or less was "they look like adults because they just look it". This is a logically flawed answer.

    Take a word being defined by itself as an analogy. In any high school economics class, for example, students may be introduced to the concept of "needs" and "wants". When asked to define what a "need" is, one common, and poor, definition is "a need is something you need to survive". This definition doesn't actually define what a "need" is. A better definition is "a need is something essential to one's survival".

    In fact, I will pull you a better analogy from Quora: "What is a sapphire? It's like an emerald but sapphire coloured instead of emerald coloured."

    The exact same flaws are presented in the answer "they look like adults because they just look it". The answer doesn't actually outline the underpinning element.

    So when I used the word "word", it had nothing to do with "chibi" and your definition of it. Zip. Nada.

    If you still don't understand this concept, lord help you.
    Kiymori wrote: »
    I gave you the definition of the word, Saren made a statement implying that you can be chibi and still look like a child or an adult which is 100% correct. If that still somehow is going over your head we can set terms, based on your country's law you're legally a child if you fall into X,Y,Z category(age is a pretty mainstream one...), or and adult if you fall into X,Y,X category.

    I AGREE with the bold statement. Now what? This has NOTHING to do with the logic presented in the argument. The answer "they look like adults because they just look it" is logically flawed; this concept has NOTHING to do with your definition of "chibi". It really amazes me that you still don't understand what my issue with the answer actually was and why the answer is logically flawed.
    Kiymori wrote: »
    Even if I completely take the terms away, you would have to be actually be living under a rock if you can't tell the difference between a child and an adult upon a glance as there are factually physical attributes that help us distinguish that upon FIRST GLANCE(height,facial development,voice,limb length etc). After a first glance you can dig deeper and see if they just have a childlike appearance but legally an adult. I really don't get what is so hard to get about this concept and I am just going to assume at this point you are either trolling or don't have an actual explanation as to why what I have said is wrong.....So like a few have suggested, moving on until you can come up with something better.

    Yeah, and at first glance (and many more glances), they look like children.
    HowlyeFloe
  • NiamhNyxNiamhNyx
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,480
    Posts: 84
    Member
    Bulbasaur wrote: »
    Yeah, and at first glance (and many more glances), they look like children.
    I kinda see the characters of this game as if they were around 17-20.

    Also I can say, one, two or even three looks at someone is not enough sometimes to tell their age. I am a 24 year old who gets mistaken for a high school sophomore so often it can almost be a meme.
    UminoKorasuAnOldGeezer
  • tinyfruitbattinyfruitbat
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 505
    Posts: 11
    Member
    Bulbasaur wrote: »
    One question is can I incorporate a sexual element into a cartoon depiction of a child? Yes, of course I can. I can animate a child in a skimpy nurse outfit dancing around a pole for instance (according to you, this wouldn't be sexual apparently). The follow up question is, is that ok? Because according to LdySnowBunny, I can't put an age on something that has no "real world presence".
    Also, since you want an answer to that. As long as the child did not resemble a real world equivalent and existed soley in the fictional realm, yes that would be okay. Not only is no one being damaged by it, such fictional content is consumed by victims of trauma for coping.
    That is one of the unhealthiest methods of coping and if you ask any therapist they will not encourage you to try and relive your trauma. In no way will that ever be healthy or even helpful.
    FloeUminoKorasuAnOldGeezer
  • nurbnurb
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 2,305
    Posts: 82
    Member
    What the actual hell has this thread turned into.
    Y'all need a blog or something to post on instead or make a reddit thread instead of questioning each other on this garbage not related to the original post, or even take it to private messaging.

    Give some proper feedback to the original post or just drop this painful discussion, for the sake of everyone who decides to come here. I come back here to read 5+ pages of useless back and forth banter between the two or three same people.
    Please, just something on topic and constructive. Y'know, like ideas on how to handle the UGC.
    VeremisiaUminoKorasuAnOldGeezer
  • SaranethSaraneth
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,995
    Posts: 129
    Member
    nurb wrote: »
    What the actual hell has this thread turned into.
    Y'all need a blog or something to post on instead or make a reddit thread instead of questioning each other on this garbage not related to the original post, or even take it to private messaging.

    Give some proper feedback to the original post or just drop this painful discussion, for the sake of everyone who decides to come here. I come back here to read 5+ pages of useless back and forth banter between the two or three same people.
    Please, just something on topic and constructive. Y'know, like ideas on how to handle the UGC.

    Don't let it get to you. No point getting angry over it. It's only you who suffers in the end if you do.
    AnOldGeezer
  • BulbasaurBulbasaur
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 2,525
    Posts: 233
    Member
    edited 9:26PM October 31, 2018
    nurb wrote: »
    What the actual hell has this thread turned into.
    Y'all need a blog or something to post on instead or make a reddit thread instead of questioning each other on this garbage not related to the original post, or even take it to private messaging.

    Give some proper feedback to the original post or just drop this painful discussion, for the sake of everyone who decides to come here. I come back here to read 5+ pages of useless back and forth banter between the two or three same people.
    Please, just something on topic and constructive. Y'know, like ideas on how to handle the UGC.

    The problem here is some people are actually arguing against Nexon taking any action because apparently anything (as long as the private parts are covered up) should be ok.
  • SaranethSaraneth
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,995
    Posts: 129
    Member
    edited 9:38PM October 31, 2018
    Bulbasaur wrote: »
    ...anything (as long as the private parts are covered up) should be ok.

    Yeah, pretty much.
    SyrusMarufujiUminoKorasu
  • tinyfruitbattinyfruitbat
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 505
    Posts: 11
    Member
    edited 11:53PM October 31, 2018
    Saraneth wrote: »
    Bulbasaur wrote: »
    ...anything (as long as the private parts are covered up) should be ok.

    Yeah, pretty much.
    There's also context though, so it's not that simple. A BDSM outfit can be covered but it's still sexual. A full t-shirt can have sexual words or images on it. Those are all blatantly against the UGC ToS.
    Bulbasaur
  • SaranethSaraneth
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,995
    Posts: 129
    Member
    Saraneth wrote: »
    Bulbasaur wrote: »
    ...anything (as long as the private parts are covered up) should be ok.

    Yeah, pretty much.
    There's also context though, so it's not that simple. A BDSM outfit can be covered but it's still sexual. A full t-shirt can have sexual words or images on it. Those are all blatantly against the UGC ToS.

    Game is full of sexually suggestive costumes made by the devs. There is absolutely nothing wrong with being sexual. Why are people so afraid of skin these days? So sad.
    AnOldGeezer
  • PinkFoxxyPinkFoxxy
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,090
    Posts: 66
    Member
    Saraneth wrote: »
    PinkFoxxy wrote: »
    Saraneth wrote: »
    Bulbasaur wrote: »
    However, we shouldn't depict little children wearing erotic costumes for entertainment.

    But the Chibis aren't children. They are small adults.

    Are you saying people with dwarfism should never be allowed to be sexual?

    this reminds me of the people that say the same exact thing about the elins in tera. they look like kids, regardless of if they are or not, they still look like kids.. so its wrong to sexualize them. and even worse that theyre half animal

    That's your opinion. Good thing opinions aren't facts.

    I don't think they look like kids. I think they look like chibi adults. That's also an opinion.

    I feel like the people who are getting worked up about it are the true perverts. They are the ones seeing them as kids and in a sexual way. You disgust me.

    "Thats also an opinion" exactly
    youre the exact same one that tried to call me a sicko on the other post
    dont try to call us the perverts to hide the fact that you are the one who think its okay to put big boobs on a small girl

    and yes, they are small girls. from the wikipedias, and from teras website, it says that they are never aging and that they look childlike.. so WE are the only ones seeing them as kids? and of course we would see them sexually considering YALL are the ones dressing them up in bikinis and shoving them in our faces. and to more extremes, making adult videos with them in them.
    Bulbasaur
  • PinkFoxxyPinkFoxxy
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,090
    Posts: 66
    Member
    Saraneth wrote: »
    PinkFoxxy wrote: »
    Saraneth wrote: »
    Bulbasaur wrote: »
    However, we shouldn't depict little children wearing erotic costumes for entertainment.

    But the Chibis aren't children. They are small adults.

    Are you saying people with dwarfism should never be allowed to be sexual?

    this reminds me of the people that say the same exact thing about the elins in tera. they look like kids, regardless of if they are or not, they still look like kids.. so its wrong to sexualize them. and even worse that theyre half animal

    That's your opinion. Good thing opinions aren't facts.

    I don't think they look like kids. I think they look like chibi adults. That's also an opinion.

    I feel like the people who are getting worked up about it are the true perverts. They are the ones seeing them as kids and in a sexual way. You disgust me.

    latest?cb=20130321152227&path-prefix=tera

    this doesnt look like a child to you?
    that concerns me
    FloeTseneBulbasaurArkivesRezi
  • DochiDochi
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,795
    Posts: 61
    Member
    made a post about how nexon is unfairly banning people not looking at sexual content that they created already, and people go on finding .......w/e carrying on i got my popcorn
  • TseneTsene
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 4,475
    Posts: 256
    Member
    edited 10:20AM November 1, 2018
    Pretty disgusted how many degenerates are defending lolis/chibis in skimpy outfits and clearly sexual outfits such as lingerie. And even if the playable character was an adult, this game has an age rating.
    AlfyieBulbasaurHowlyePinkFoxxyFloeMiguelx
  • BulbasaurBulbasaur
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 2,525
    Posts: 233
    Member
    edited 1:23PM November 1, 2018
    Tsene wrote: »
    Pretty disgusted how many degenerates are defending lolis/chibis in skimpy outfits and clearly sexual outfits such as lingerie. And even if the playable character was an adult, this game has an age rating.

    And those people call us pedos/sickos because we see something "sexual" in it, but I've got a feeling who the real pedos are - the ones defending this sh*t lol
    HowlyePinkFoxxyFloeMiguelx
  • SyrusMarufujiSyrusMarufuji
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 3,395
    Posts: 202
    Member
    That is one of the unhealthiest methods of coping and if you ask any therapist they will not encourage you to try and relive your trauma. In no way will that ever be healthy or even helpful.
    Have had 3 therapists. All have encouraged using fictional media to find control in situations relating to my trauma. Ask anyone else who produces "problematic" content and then admit you don't know know more about human psychology than professionals.

    And those people call us pedos/sickos because we see something "sexual" in it, but I've got a feeling who the real pedos are - the ones defending this sh*t lol
    Nobody called you a pedo and conflating pedophilia when it does not involve real children dilutes the terms and harms actual victims.

    And again, you all keep derailing the thread with your own opinions that do not matter in both US LAW and what we want as far as a response from Nexon. That is the definition of sexual by Nexon's standard.


    Greta
  • SyrusMarufujiSyrusMarufuji
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 3,395
    Posts: 202
    Member
    edited 2:09PM November 1, 2018
    TL;DR people dont know how to separate fiction from reality which is making this thread exhausting.
    SpaiseSaranethVeremisiaGreta
  • ArkivesArkives
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 670
    Posts: 19
    Member
    PinkFoxxy wrote: »
    Saraneth wrote: »
    PinkFoxxy wrote: »
    Saraneth wrote: »
    Bulbasaur wrote: »
    However, we shouldn't depict little children wearing erotic costumes for entertainment.

    But the Chibis aren't children. They are small adults.

    Are you saying people with dwarfism should never be allowed to be sexual?

    this reminds me of the people that say the same exact thing about the elins in tera. they look like kids, regardless of if they are or not, they still look like kids.. so its wrong to sexualize them. and even worse that theyre half animal

    That's your opinion. Good thing opinions aren't facts.

    I don't think they look like kids. I think they look like chibi adults. That's also an opinion.

    I feel like the people who are getting worked up about it are the true perverts. They are the ones seeing them as kids and in a sexual way. You disgust me.

    latest?cb=20130321152227&path-prefix=tera

    this doesnt look like a child to you?
    that concerns me

    It's even worse when child-like races literally act like children from their animations to their squeaky voices.
    Hell, when you can dress them in this crap it's concerning.

    NJ1h3BX.jpg
  • SaranethSaraneth
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,995
    Posts: 129
    Member
    edited 4:47PM November 1, 2018
    TL;DR people dont know how to separate fiction from reality which is making this thread exhausting.

    Yeah pretty much.
    Also they are seeing something Chibi (short) and assume it must be a child. lol
    Pretty sure all the people getting angry over this have some serious issues going on in the real lives. Kind of feel sorry for them in a way.

    Looking at some of the above posts people also seem to be confused about the game they are actually playing.
    UminoKorasuSyrusMarufujiGreta
  • BulbasaurBulbasaur
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 2,525
    Posts: 233
    Member
    edited 4:16AM November 2, 2018
    Nobody called you a pedo and conflating pedophilia when it does not involve real children dilutes the terms and harms actual victims.

    And again, you all keep derailing the thread with your own opinions that do not matter in both US LAW and what we want as far as a response from Nexon. That is the definition of sexual by Nexon's standard.

    Except at least one person here clearly did.
    Saraneth wrote: »
    They are the same type of people who see children bathing and see it as disgusting. Normal people don't think anything of it but those "closet" pedos will see something sexual in it and cry out that it's disgusting not realising they are the true sickos.
    The person I quoted above wanted to paint us as pedos.

    The United States isn't the centre of the world. Why do some people think this?
  • ArSkulderArSkulder
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,215
    Posts: 21
    Member
    Saraneth wrote: »
    TL;DR people dont know how to separate fiction from reality which is making this thread exhausting.

    Yeah pretty much.
    Also they are seeing something Chibi (short) and assume it must be a child. lol
    Pretty sure all the people getting angry over this have some serious issues going on in the real lives. Kind of feel sorry for them in a way.

    Looking at some of the above posts people also seem to be confused about the game they are actually playing.

    Pssstttt... I just want to tell you that Asimov is a child cosplaying as an old man. Lol
    Greta
This discussion has been closed.