Check out the patch notes for the v17 Precursor Update here: http://maplestory2.nexon.net/en/news/article/53778/precursor-update-v17
Closed

define sexual plz

Comments

  • SyrusMarufujiSyrusMarufuji
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 3,395
    Posts: 202
    Member
    edited 12:27PM October 30, 2018
    Bulbasaur wrote: »
    One question is can I incorporate a sexual element into a cartoon depiction of a child? Yes, of course I can. I can animate a child in a skimpy nurse outfit dancing around a pole for instance (according to you, this wouldn't be sexual apparently). The follow up question is, is that ok? Because according to LdySnowBunny, I can't put an age on something that has no "real world presence".
    Also, since you want an answer to that. As long as the child did not resemble a real world equivalent and existed soley in the fictional realm, yes that would be okay. Not only is no one being damaged by it, such fictional content is consumed by victims of trauma for coping.

    I am not defending child pornography. I am friends with many CSA victims who educated me about the subject and I myself am a victim of trauma. However, to misconstrue and water down the definition of genuine pedophilia and genuine child pornography that involves putting actual children through harm and violence is to do a disservice to victims everywhere. Some victims choose avoidance, some choose approach to deal with their problems. So long as they are not actively engaged in the harm of another, it is okay in the eyes of us law. Not to mention venting through fictional media, whether it be through creating violent images, sexually charged writing or whatever, is encouraged by therapists.

    But thats beside the point. To bring it back on topic. It doesnt matter what you think at the end of the day. If you dont like the way a character looks in game, ask nexon for the ability to block the appearance of player characters when you block them. (which I think would be a great idea)

    And even if nexon rules that our characters are prepubescent and thus are not allowed to show skin, that doesnt change the fact that a child showing anything other than genitals is not and should never be a sexual issue. Unless its like outright ballgags and bdsm gear,etc. clothes on children are not sexual. Which brings the question, are our PC's children? I sincerely doubt it. And looking like a child does not constitute being a child, whether in the real world or in a video game. At the end of the day yoga pants, tank tops, and short shorts are not sexual and shame on whoever thinks that a child should not have the right to be comfortable because they cant learn to break associations.
    AnOldGeezer
  • XphobiaXphobia
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 4,000
    Posts: 246
    Member
    edited 12:28PM October 30, 2018
    Sexual is anything that make my pp hard so both of op's example images

    *Also, why are you guys talking about children & posting irl kids? wtf.

    MS2 are CHIBI, meaning they are just "cuter" versions of adults. Go to any map ingame, you can find an actual child NPC walking around, they are smaller than our characters. I can make Fidel Castro in his prime chibi, he's certainly not a kid.
    VeremisiaSyrusMarufujiGreyEnneractArSkulderGretaAnOldGeezerIdeghallia
  • SaranethSaraneth
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,995
    Posts: 129
    Member
    Bulbasaur wrote: »
    However, we shouldn't depict little children wearing erotic costumes for entertainment.

    But the Chibis aren't children. They are small adults.

    Are you saying people with dwarfism should never be allowed to be sexual?

    GretaUminoKorasu
  • PinkFoxxyPinkFoxxy
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,090
    Posts: 66
    Member
    Arjune wrote: »
    Really? I only see 1 topic. it has to do with overly sexualized clothing.

    then you arent looking hard enough..
    theres topics about whether or not this is a kids game
    whether or not this specific outfit is more inappropriate than the other one
    how some npc are more sexual than the ugc
    how theres p0rn in the market that hasent been taken down
  • PinkFoxxyPinkFoxxy
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,090
    Posts: 66
    Member
    Saraneth wrote: »
    Bulbasaur wrote: »
    However, we shouldn't depict little children wearing erotic costumes for entertainment.

    But the Chibis aren't children. They are small adults.

    Are you saying people with dwarfism should never be allowed to be sexual?

    this reminds me of the people that say the same exact thing about the elins in tera. they look like kids, regardless of if they are or not, they still look like kids.. so its wrong to sexualize them. and even worse that theyre half animal
  • SaranethSaraneth
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,995
    Posts: 129
    Member
    edited 7:42PM October 30, 2018
    PinkFoxxy wrote: »
    Saraneth wrote: »
    Bulbasaur wrote: »
    However, we shouldn't depict little children wearing erotic costumes for entertainment.

    But the Chibis aren't children. They are small adults.

    Are you saying people with dwarfism should never be allowed to be sexual?

    this reminds me of the people that say the same exact thing about the elins in tera. they look like kids, regardless of if they are or not, they still look like kids.. so its wrong to sexualize them. and even worse that theyre half animal

    That's your opinion. Good thing opinions aren't facts.

    I don't think they look like kids. I think they look like chibi adults. That's also an opinion.

    I feel like the people who are getting worked up about it are the true perverts. They are the ones seeing them as kids and in a sexual way. You disgust me.
    SyrusMarufuji
  • BulbasaurBulbasaur
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 2,525
    Posts: 233
    Member
    edited 9:23PM October 30, 2018
    Also, since you want an answer to that. As long as the child did not resemble a real world equivalent and existed soley in the fictional realm, yes that would be okay.

    This is almost equivalent to saying hentai depicting little children (or as long as they are drawn "chibi") is ok.
    Not only is no one being damaged by it, such fictional content is consumed by victims of trauma for coping.

    I am not defending child pornography. I am friends with many CSA victims who educated me about the subject and I myself am a victim of trauma. However, to misconstrue and water down the definition of genuine pedophilia and genuine child pornography that involves putting actual children through harm and violence is to do a disservice to victims everywhere. Some victims choose avoidance, some choose approach to deal with their problems. So long as they are not actively engaged in the harm of another, it is okay in the eyes of us law. Not to mention venting through fictional media, whether it be through creating violent images, sexually charged writing or whatever, is encouraged by therapists.

    Your argument seems to be that sexual depictions of little children or child like figures in cartoon form in any media is good because it helps some people people "deal with their trauma". However your source doesn't support your statement because this scenario is very specific whereas most sources such as the one you have provided describe generic strategies in dealing with trauma. It's common for therapists to ask abuse victims to recount their experience and help them acknowledge their past for what it is. However, nothing in your link indicates that sexual depictions of little children in the media helps CSA victims.
    I myself am a victim of trauma.

    Me too.
    But thats beside the point. To bring it back on topic. It doesnt matter what you think at the end of the day. If you dont like the way a character looks in game, ask nexon for the ability to block the appearance of player characters when you block them. (which I think would be a great idea)

    I couldn't care less what Nexon does. My question has always been "why do you think it's ok"?
    And even if nexon rules that our characters are prepubescent and thus are not allowed to show skin, that doesnt change the fact that a child showing anything other than genitals is not and should never be a sexual issue. Unless its like outright ballgags and bdsm gear,etc. clothes on children are not sexual. Which brings the question, are our PC's children? I sincerely doubt it.

    So, going back to the nurse outfit scenario again, if I animated an adult in a skimpy nurse outfit it's sexual, but if I made the same depiction for a child suddenly the sexual element is gone?
    And looking like a child does not constitute being a child, whether in the real world or in a video game. At the end of the day yoga pants, tank tops, and short shorts are not sexual and shame on whoever thinks that a child should not have the right to be comfortable because they cant learn to break associations.

    No, looking like a child doesn't constitute being a child but animating "child-like" figures in skimpy outfits gives the wrong message about children (and to children) in real life. I couldn't care less about yoga pants, tank tops, and short shorts. But there's a problem with child like figures wrapped in a few bandages and other fetish-y costumes.
    AnOldGeezer
  • BulbasaurBulbasaur
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 2,525
    Posts: 233
    Member
    edited 9:26PM October 30, 2018
    Saraneth wrote: »
    But the Chibis aren't children. They are small adults.

    Chibis are "child-like". On top of that, this is a game aimed primarily towards children.
    Saraneth wrote: »
    Are you saying people with dwarfism should never be allowed to be sexual?

    You mean in open public? Definitely not. In fact, nobody should be sexual in open public (as in dressing in erotic costumes and/or doing things of a sexual nature - kissing and holding hands notwithstanding), except for places such as strip clubs. In private, I don't care what anyone (who is at the age of consent or over) does.
    Saraneth wrote: »
    I feel like the people who are getting worked up about it are the true perverts. They are the ones seeing them as kids and in a sexual way. You disgust me.

    So you think people who oppose this are actually getting aroused by it?

  • SaranethSaraneth
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,995
    Posts: 129
    Member
    edited 9:40PM October 30, 2018
    Bulbasaur wrote: »
    Chibis are "child-like". On top of that, this is a game aimed primarily towards children.
    No they aren't. They are just small adults. Also where do you get the idea that it's geared towards children? You just making that up.
    Bulbasaur wrote: »
    You mean in open public? Definitely not. In fact, nobody should be sexual in open public (as in dressing in erotic costumes and/or doing things of a sexual nature - kissing and holding hands notwithstanding), except for places such as strip clubs. In private, I don't care what anyone (who is at the age of consent or over) does.
    Dude, you must hate the world. It's full on teenagers and adults walking around dressed skimpy. It's their choice if they want to and should not have to cover themselves up because it hurts your feelings. Sexuality is not something to be ashamed of.

    Bulbasaur wrote: »
    So you think people who oppose this are actually getting aroused by it?
    They are the ones that are seeing something sexual in what they think are children. So yeah, they are the true perverts. Absolutely disgusting.


    Greta
  • BulbasaurBulbasaur
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 2,525
    Posts: 233
    Member
    edited 9:40PM October 30, 2018
    Saraneth wrote: »
    Bulbasaur wrote: »
    Chibis are "child-like". On top of that, this is a game aimed primarily towards children.
    No they aren't. They are just small adults. Also where do you get the idea that it's geared towards children? You just making that up.

    Sure, let's put it this way. Do they more closely resemble children or adults?

    It's geared towards children because it's child-like. However whether the actual playerbase is mostly made up of children is a different story.
    Saraneth wrote: »
    They are the ones that are seeing something sexual in it. So yeah, they are the true perverts. Absolutely disgusting.

    So by "seeing something sexual" in it, do you mean they are aroused by it? If so, how do you know they are aroused by it? If by "seeing something sexual" you mean they can identify a sexual element, why does that make them a pervert?
  • SaranethSaraneth
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,995
    Posts: 129
    Member
    edited 10:46PM October 30, 2018
    Bulbasaur wrote: »
    Sure, let's put it this way. Do they more closely resemble children or adults?

    It's geared towards children because it's child-like. However whether the actual playerbase is mostly made up of children is a different story.
    How is it childlike? I don't see it.
    Also I think they more closely resemble adults.

    Bulbasaur wrote: »
    So by "seeing something sexual" in it, do you mean they are aroused by it? If so, how do you know they are aroused by it? If by "seeing something sexual" you mean they can identify a sexual element, why does that make them a pervert?
    Because they look at it and think they are seeing children then their sicko brains sees them in a sexual way. That's called paedophilia and it's disgusting.
  • BulbasaurBulbasaur
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 2,525
    Posts: 233
    Member
    edited 9:45PM October 30, 2018
    Saraneth wrote: »
    Dude, you must hate the world. It's full on teenagers and adults walking around dressed skimpy. It's their choice if they want to and should not have to cover themselves up because it hurts your feelings. Sexuality is not something to be ashamed of.

    Once again I need to reiterate that I don't care about those so called "skimpy" outfits that people wear in public. And once again I have to reiterate that we shouldn't shame people for dressing in those "skimpy" outfits. My main issue, specifically, is the depiction of little children in costumes that have a direct association with pornography and eroticism.
  • SaranethSaraneth
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,995
    Posts: 129
    Member
    edited 10:02PM October 30, 2018
    Bulbasaur wrote: »
    Saraneth wrote: »
    Dude, you must hate the world. It's full on teenagers and adults walking around dressed skimpy. It's their choice if they want to and should not have to cover themselves up because it hurts your feelings. Sexuality is not something to be ashamed of.

    Once again I need to reiterate that I don't care about those so called "skimpy" outfits that people wear in public. And once again I have to reiterate that we shouldn't shame people for dressing in those "skimpy" outfits. My main issue, specifically, is the depiction of little children in costumes that have a direct association with pornography and eroticism.

    Again, the characters in this game are adults. That's it. You are trying to make a problem out of nothing.

    None of the costumes are showing breasts, vaginas or pensis. I agree that would be too far but pixelated, drawn cloth taking on the shape of something you deem 'sexual' because people wear it IRL to feel sexy is not a problem at all.

    My character is wearing a school uniform. Some people find that sexy and even role play in the bedroom with it. So should that be banned too? lol
    GretaUminoKorasuAnOldGeezer
  • BulbasaurBulbasaur
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 2,525
    Posts: 233
    Member
    Saraneth wrote: »
    How is it childlike? I don't see it.
    Also I think they more closely resemble adults.

    ...Again, the characters in this game are adults. That's it. You are trying to make a problem out of nothing.

    I don't see how you don't think these more closely resemble children than adults:
    JYvy9sD.png

    We should actually have a poll on this to see what most people think.
    Saraneth wrote: »
    Because they look at it and think they are seeing children then their sicko brains sees them in a sexual way. That's called paedophilia and it's disgusting.

    So you mean they are aroused by it? If so, how do you know they are aroused by it?
    Saraneth wrote: »
    They are the same type of people who see children bathing and see it as disgusting. Normal people don't think anything of it but those "closet" pedos will see something sexual in it and cry out that it's disgusting not realising they are the true sickos.

    How do you know pedos act this way?
    HowlyeBeariie
  • SaranethSaraneth
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,995
    Posts: 129
    Member
    edited 10:10PM October 30, 2018
    Bulbasaur wrote: »
    I don't see how you don't think these more closely resemble children than adults:
    JYvy9sD.png

    Look like Chibi adults to me. You seem to be confusing small with children. They are not the same thing.


    Bulbasaur wrote: »
    How do you know pedos act this way?

    /b/
    If you don't know what that is you must be new to the internet.
  • BulbasaurBulbasaur
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 2,525
    Posts: 233
    Member
    edited 10:11PM October 30, 2018
    Saraneth wrote: »
    None of the costumes are showing breasts, vaginas or pensis. I agree that would be too far but pixelated, drawn cloth taking on the shape of something you deem 'sexual' because people wear it IRL to feel sexy is not a problem at all.

    OK, so lets clarify a few things. Because you think these characters are adult like, wearing erotic costumes are ok. However if it were child like, then erotic costumes wouldn't be ok. Thus the actual disagreement here is whether these toons are adult like or child like. Am I correct?
    Saraneth wrote: »
    My character is wearing a school uniform. Some people find that sexy and even role play in the bedroom with it. So should that be banned too? lol

    No, that's normal attire in many places.
  • SaranethSaraneth
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,995
    Posts: 129
    Member
    edited 10:16PM October 30, 2018
    Bulbasaur wrote: »
    OK, so lets clarify a few things. Because you think these characters are adult like, wearing erotic costumes are ok. However if it were child like, then erotic costumes wouldn't be ok. Thus the actual disagreement here is whether these toons are adult like or child like. Am I correct?
    Indeed you are.

    Bulbasaur wrote: »
    No, that's normal attire in many places.
    So are the clothes you seem to have an issue with.


    Edit: Quick note, there are children in the game. You see them from time to time but they actually look like children and are less than half the size of normal characters.
  • BulbasaurBulbasaur
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 2,525
    Posts: 233
    Member
    Saraneth wrote: »
    Look like Chibi adults to me. You seem to be confusing small with children. They are not the same thing.

    Small, wide eyed, cute faces = child like.

    Now it's my turn to revert the question. What makes them adult like?
    Saraneth wrote: »
    /b/
    If you don't know what that is you must be new to the internet.

    That doesn't answer my question, rather it implies that you don't have one.
  • BizuBizu
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,595
    Posts: 25
    Member
    edited 10:18PM October 30, 2018
    Bulbasaur wrote: »
    Saraneth wrote: »
    My character is wearing a school uniform. Some people find that sexy and even role play in the bedroom with it. So should that be banned too? lol

    No, that's normal attire in many places.

    For some people it's the only attire they're allowed to wear.

  • BulbasaurBulbasaur
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 2,525
    Posts: 233
    Member
    edited 10:19PM October 30, 2018
    Saraneth wrote: »
    So are the clothes you seem to have an issue with.

    Having bandages around one's body isn't normal attire lmao. So isn't things like corsets with stockings. They're almost exclusively designed with sex and erotica in mind.
This discussion has been closed.