Let's enjoy the final days! Check out what changes and events started this March here: http://maplestory2.nexon.net/en/news/article/56485/sunset-in-maple-world
MapleStory 2's servers will be officially closing on May 27th: http://maplestory2.nexon.net/en/news/article/56486/service-discontinuation

So once again... is casual botting acceptable?

ShayarahlaShayarahla
MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,170
in General Chat
hmm
thinking-face_1f914.png
cause i've seen more of a crackdown on lewd UGC items than I have on actual botting. People have even gone as far as to create their own little botting dungeons within the comforts of their houses... where players can achieve travel trophies by physically wedging things in their direction keys or utilising whichever programs that are undetectable as of right now, while travelling in continuous loops. hmmm
thinking-face_1f914.png
You'd think having a brainless hoard of priest bots pillaging normal dungeons would be enough, but the same player base who cry about Nexon not doing enough... turn around and add to the notion that botting is okay... Yet downplay it because its not as severe/impactful on the economy and deem that enough to constitute cheating both concepts share the same dangerous ideologies. hmmmm
thinking-face_1f914.png

Is this dangerously low precedent acceptable in BotSt-... uhh MapleStory 2? Because if so... what program do you suggest I use, Nexon?
Miguelx
  1. Is casual trophy botting acceptable in MapleStory 2?83 votes
    1. yes, theres no harm in it apart from a few trophies & you cant prove it!
       19% (16 votes)
    2. no, for a game with so much legit afk progression, such laziness is insulting & against the tos
       48% (40 votes)
    3. the great pyramid of giza has 8 sides, not 4
       33% (27 votes)

Comments

• GretaGreta
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 2,080
  • SherriSherri
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 8,580
    I'm personally against it myself and I'm just insulted every time I see another person get away with cheating away a trophy.
    It's like nobody knows how to play the game.
    ShayarahlaUminoKorasuTseneDanDKMiguelx
  • KewkkyKewkky
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 6,235
    Cheating is cheating. Whether you have a roll of quarters on your keyboard or you use a program to keep pressing a key, botting is botting.
    Meso_ManShayarahlaUminoKorasuTseneGrizzly_TankDanDKSherri
  • DragonicWolfDragonicWolf
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 2,320
    Those stupid braindead unfun trophies just encourage afk 'botting'.
  • KewkkyKewkky
    edited 6:01PM October 29, 2018

They're made to be unlocked while playing normally. Mind you, there's a trophy that requires you to get over 2 trillion exp. Are you saying you'll bot for that one too? What about the one that says you have to pick up 100 million mesos off the ground? And what about the ones asking you to swing all those grabbable items from around the maps a total of 10,000 times each? Gonna use your fan to press a keyboard key everytime it rotates so you can get them while you sleep? Why not just use a program for it?

Botting to get trophies meant to be gotten over months (or years) of playtime is still cheating.
    SyrusMarufujiUminoKorasuShayarahlaTseneSpecksDanDKSherri
  • Nanachi_CCCPNanachi_CCCP
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 2,900
    Yes,it would help a lot if they were at least account wide,but no
    walk 100000km on every alt,play 250000hours every alt,kill 1million enemy on every alt...

To do it once,sure I can push myself to no life that hard,but there is simply not enough time in my life to do them on alts.
    I will have to gift my account to children of my children so they can keep going and after 5000+ years I may have them completed on all alts :^))
    J4nUs2g.jpg
    I also have to delete 2 of my characters now just to finish this trophy...
    there is limit even for hardcore grinder to what is he/she willing to do and I'd say they overdid it in this game.

It would also add to longevity and fun of the game to make this stuff account wide
    >play thief
    >do 1400 trophy
    >find out thief will forever su*
    >have to do everything from 0 again
    >unintall

Alternatively
    >play thief
    >do 1400 trophy
    >find out thief will forever smell bad
    >make alt and enjoy the game because trophies are account wide

You have to gind dungeons again,and that is enought of time-waster in itself with that 20% chance to upgrade rng :^)
    FloeElliebirdCariseiHawafuwa
  • FestivityFestivity
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,205
    Not at all in my opinion. Might as well play an MMORPG with auto-quest or auto-play honestly.
  • Pineapple1124Pineapple1124
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 2,740
    I agree with the comment that was saying "Stupid achievements asking for stupid cheating". I wouldn't be surprised if Nexon intended these features to allow players to AFK in some way while feeling like they're "doing" something in game, while it boosts player counts for them too.

There are differences to Gold botters vs. Trophy hunting:
    - Most of it were made by furnitures infinite looping
    - It had no meso gains or affecting game's economy, the intention was trophy farming (personal achievement)
    - Would you ever crawl 10km??? I know I wouldn't, even if I played the game for 3 years.
    - Anyone can leave their coins locked between keys.

It's just my side of view to this issue, but yeah if unattended gameplay bothers you. I won't judge you.
  • KewkkyKewkky
    - Would you ever crawl 10km??? I know I wouldn't, even if I played the game for 3 years.

There's no 10km crawling trophy.
    DanDKXtony
    Kewkky wrote: »

You're right. but my point is some achievements are a bit ridiculous. I know they weren't meant to be reached in one day or one week, but it feels unnecessary and repetitive. We're not bots, but if they type a code "do this 1,000,000 times", players will do it.
  • zlOwOlzzlOwOlz
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 865
    edited 8:34PM October 29, 2018
    Kewkky wrote: »

You're right. but my point is some achievements are a bit ridiculous. I know they weren't meant to be reached in one day or one week, but it feels unnecessary and repetitive. We're not bots, but if they type a code "do this 1,000,000 times", players will do it.
    thinking-face_1f914.png
    Shayarahla
  • SaranethSaraneth
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,995
  • RalleYTNRalleYTN
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,615
    Maybe Nexon can capitalize on this by selling "auto walking tickets".
    DragonicWolfOneConfusedMilletianDanDK
  • ShayarahlaShayarahla
    Is Nexon going to ignore this thread because they dont want to crack down on obvious botting... but they dont wanna openly endorse it
    thinking-face_1f914.png
  • ShayarahlaShayarahla
    edited 1:56AM October 30, 2018

if you dont have the mental capacity to resist the urge to bot for a few trophies then the only thing brain dead is your moral compass
    HowlyeSherri
  • ShayarahlaShayarahla

I agree with the comment that was saying "Stupid achievements asking for stupid cheating". I wouldn't be surprised if Nexon intended these features to allow players to AFK in some way while feeling like they're "doing" something in game, while it boosts player counts for them too.

There are differences to Gold botters vs. Trophy hunting:
    - Most of it were made by furnitures infinite looping
    - It had no meso gains or affecting game's economy, the intention was trophy farming (personal achievement)
    - Anyone can leave their coins locked between keys.

It's just my side of view to this issue, but yeah if unattended gameplay bothers you. I won't judge you.
    thinking-face_1f914.png

Yes! Nexon intended for botters to plague their new game in many forms while breaching multiple points of their ToS! So by your logic, I would be allowed to grab a program and bot all the mundane trophies because it affects nobody but myself? The pick 100 item trophy? Can I just get myself a shifty little program and bot that one too? Or are you going to sit here and do a bunch of mental gymnastics to defend the actual act of botting with program vs. holding down keys? Or maybe the flawed argument of how "Stupid" these trophies are while you fail to realize that these trophies weren't meant to be obtained through a day of cheating, but months of actual gameplay. How morally bankrupt do you have to be to do so much flip flopping while ignoring the fact that regardless of its implication, both acts are wrong & damaging in the long run if endorsed by a lazy community who want nothing but easy alternatives

If youre a trophy botter, dont complain about gold botters, theres only a slight difference in your thinking and practicality... but youre both pushing for a brain dead community filled with nothing but exploiters xdd

btw ive never heard botting being called unattended gameplay, stop beating around the bush and call a spade, a spade
  • HowlyeHowlye
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 815
    Yet, the ones doing them this way are the ones opening threads about bots and how to stop them. Hipocrisy is everywhere i guess.
    Tsene
  • SnowPastelSnowPastel
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,090
    edited 4:47AM October 30, 2018
    2laqr1.jpg
    Definitely not.
    RalleYTNOneConfusedMilletianShayarahlaSpecksCarbonCoalXenociderOmegaPizzaBearSherriReziTeccs
    edited 4:52PM October 30, 2018
    Shayarahla wrote: »
    Yes! Nexon intended for botters to plague their new game in many forms while breaching multiple points of their ToS! So by your logic, I would be allowed to grab a program and bot all the mundane trophies because it affects nobody but myself? The pick 100 item trophy? Can I just get myself a shifty little program and bot that one too? Or are you going to sit here and do a bunch of mental gymnastics to defend the actual act of botting with program vs. holding down keys? Or maybe the flawed argument of how "Stupid" these trophies are while you fail to realize that these trophies weren't meant to be obtained through a day of cheating, but months of actual gameplay. How morally bankrupt do you have to be to do so much flip flopping while ignoring the fact that regardless of its implication, both acts are wrong & damaging in the long run if endorsed by a lazy community who want nothing but easy alternatives

If youre a trophy botter, dont complain about gold botters, theres only a slight difference in your thinking and practicality... but youre both pushing for a brain dead community filled with nothing but exploiters xdd

btw ive never heard botting being called unattended gameplay, stop beating around the bush and call a spade, a spade

I am not a trophy hunter btw. I either play the game or shut it down. I like how you try to make me look like one.

why are you so mad about this?? Like I have seen it, doesn't bug me a bit, cause it doesn't affect me at all.
    gold botters affect me in many ways, including wasting my time, to annoying spams to every bit of gameplay.
    Elliebird
  • xTarrantxTarrant
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 670
    People are always going to look for ways to break games. Report it and move on. If you don't like it don't do it.