Please read this notice regarding the Crystal Ore shop >> http://forums.maplestory2.nexon.net/discussion/45351/regarding-the-crystal-ore-shop

Zerk or Assasin

Comments

  • clairvoyantclairvoyant
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 305
    Posts: 4
    Member
    i'm a sin main, i also have a zerk alt, i feel zerk is overpowered
    DanteYoda
  • DarkGladxxDarkGladxx
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 455
    Posts: 9
    Member
    Saraneth wrote: »
    Sammich88 wrote: »
    Honestly I would go spin2win only when you're starting out and learning and then move onto other builds once you figure out class and the bosses you're fighting against.

    The death spin has an amazing clearing ability but lacks single target dps while the other builds kinda sits on average clears and higher boss dps or at least that's how it feels like to me.

    Honestly if you like spin to win more just keep playing it. The DPS loss is negligible.

    I understand you like to spin2win but please don't spread misinformation. Exclusively spinning truly does take a big chunk of your potential dps away, I'd wager about 15-20% compared to an optimally played ground breaker or void slash playstyle. Having played all three builds, I find the groundbreaker build to be most enjoyable and dynamic, since ya know, bosses move and stuff.
  • SaranethSaraneth
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 1,995
    Posts: 129
    Member
    edited 5:18AM October 29, 2018
    DarkGladxx wrote: »
    Saraneth wrote: »
    Sammich88 wrote: »
    Honestly I would go spin2win only when you're starting out and learning and then move onto other builds once you figure out class and the bosses you're fighting against.

    The death spin has an amazing clearing ability but lacks single target dps while the other builds kinda sits on average clears and higher boss dps or at least that's how it feels like to me.

    Honestly if you like spin to win more just keep playing it. The DPS loss is negligible.

    I understand you like to spin2win but please don't spread misinformation. Exclusively spinning truly does take a big chunk of your potential dps away, I'd wager about 15-20% compared to an optimally played ground breaker or void slash playstyle. Having played all three builds, I find the groundbreaker build to be most enjoyable and dynamic, since ya know, bosses move and stuff.

    Not spreading any misinformation. Just because you don't like it doesn't mean it's misinformation. If you'd read more you would see I said it's good if used along with ground breaker. Spin until max stacks then ground breaker until out of spirit (usually 3) then spin until full on spirit again then ground breaker etc etc.

    Doing that, the DPS is pretty much on par with the void slash build.
  • Sammich88Sammich88
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 1,345
    Posts: 170
    Member
    edited 12:45PM October 29, 2018
    Saraneth wrote: »
    DarkGladxx wrote: »
    Saraneth wrote: »
    Sammich88 wrote: »
    Honestly I would go spin2win only when you're starting out and learning and then move onto other builds once you figure out class and the bosses you're fighting against.

    The death spin has an amazing clearing ability but lacks single target dps while the other builds kinda sits on average clears and higher boss dps or at least that's how it feels like to me.

    Honestly if you like spin to win more just keep playing it. The DPS loss is negligible.

    I understand you like to spin2win but please don't spread misinformation. Exclusively spinning truly does take a big chunk of your potential dps away, I'd wager about 15-20% compared to an optimally played ground breaker or void slash playstyle. Having played all three builds, I find the groundbreaker build to be most enjoyable and dynamic, since ya know, bosses move and stuff.

    Not spreading any misinformation. Just because you don't like it doesn't mean it's misinformation. If you'd read more you would see I said it's good if used along with ground breaker. Spin until max stacks then ground breaker until out of spirit (usually 3) then spin until full on spirit again then ground breaker etc etc.

    Doing that, the DPS is pretty much on par with the void slash build.

    There was actually a comparison video where in 5 minutes, the void slash/dark breaker build did roughly 2 million more damage(8,932,633 vs 7,008,378). Going by the same math, it takes roughly 7.7 minutes to kill a boss with 50 million HP. Whether or not that's "negligible" will depend on the player but as for "on par", the dps difference is noticeable enough to not mean on par as on par means equal.

    But none of this really matters really if you don't like playing the void slash/dark breaker build then there's really not enough reasons to force you to play it over a build you do like. At the end of the day if you're good and your party is good, you'll make it through just fine.
  • DarkGladxxDarkGladxx
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 455
    Posts: 9
    Member
    edited 1:45PM October 29, 2018
    @Saraneth
    Yes, that's what the ground breaker build is. Spinning till decent stacks then groundbreaking. You've misunderstood me. I'm not ruling out spinning completely, that would be even worse than spinning exclusively because you'd take forever to get stacks. Before, you were sounding like you were defending spinning2win (which is exclusive spinning), which nets a huge dps loss. Now, you're changing your story to support groundbreaker because you realize how big of a dps loss spinning2win is.


    You said this: Honestly if you like spin to win more just keep playing it. The DPS loss is negligible.


  • ThenelwaveThenelwave
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 760
    Posts: 60
    Member
    i'm a sin main, i also have a zerk alt, i feel zerk is overpowered

    Do you enjoy playing your sin more than your zerk ? If so why ?
  • SaranethSaraneth
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 1,995
    Posts: 129
    Member
    DarkGladxx wrote: »
    @Saraneth
    Yes, that's what the ground breaker build is. Spinning till decent stacks then groundbreaking. You've misunderstood me. I'm not ruling out spinning completely, that would be even worse than spinning exclusively because you'd take forever to get stacks. Before, you were sounding like you were defending spinning2win (which is exclusive spinning), which nets a huge dps loss. Now, you're changing your story to support groundbreaker because you realize how big of a dps loss spinning2win is.


    You said this: Honestly if you like spin to win more just keep playing it. The DPS loss is negligible.


    Read my post above that one. Thanks.
  • ThenelwaveThenelwave
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 760
    Posts: 60
    Member
    Love the responses keep em cumming
  • NostalghiaNostalghia
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 420
    Posts: 5
    Member
    spin to win is good but void slash will always give more dmg by about 15-20%. I know you;re new and like the spin2win build, it's stong and still does more DPS than other classes
  • SaranethSaraneth
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 1,995
    Posts: 129
    Member
    edited 10:54PM October 29, 2018
    Nostalghia wrote: »
    spin to win is good but void slash will always give more dmg by about 15-20%. I know you;re new and like the spin2win build, it's stong and still does more DPS than other classes

    Death Spin + Ground Breaker is good for levelling but it's also top notch DPS for end game. In the end play what you find most fun. Don't play a build you don't enjoy just because someone on the internet told you you have to.

    I probably just suck but I find I miss more often with Void Slash and especially Dark Breaker which lowers the DPS of that build more. Also when the boss move just out of range you have to momentarily stop attacking with Void Slash to reset the skill so it moves you to the boss. No such problem with Death Spin.

    I do play with a controller though so that might be why. Can't play with keyboard and mouse for very long due to my carpal tunnel.

    Edit: Just did some more tests and my DPS with Death Spin and Ground Breaker is definitely higher.
  • NostalghiaNostalghia
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 420
    Posts: 5
    Member
    yeah i play with a controller too,

    i tested void slash, it does more damage WITHOUT dark breaker than death spin + ground breaker spam, you can go ahead and test it yourself lol, but at the end of the day, play what style you like. I was death spin + ground breaker when i started too
  • GarlicBreadGarlicBread
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 2,770
    Posts: 245
    Member
    DarkGladxx wrote: »
    @Saraneth
    Yes, that's what the ground breaker build is. Spinning till decent stacks then groundbreaking. You've misunderstood me. I'm not ruling out spinning completely, that would be even worse than spinning exclusively because you'd take forever to get stacks. Before, you were sounding like you were defending spinning2win (which is exclusive spinning), which nets a huge dps loss. Now, you're changing your story to support groundbreaker because you realize how big of a dps loss spinning2win is.


    You said this: Honestly if you like spin to win more just keep playing it. The DPS loss is negligible.


    I just will say it make no difference how you gain your stacks it will add up at same speed, since every hit of spin does not count into stack build up, it'll be the same as pressing x every 1sec. the guy that like spinning will see why it's not as great as he think it is once he actually pvp or does chaos. and thoses that only spin will just be bad berserkers for listen to bad info instead of testing things for themselfs.
  • SaranethSaraneth
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 1,995
    Posts: 129
    Member
    edited 11:17PM October 29, 2018
    Just seems like you guys are really defensive over the void slash build. Like you have taught yourself that you HAVE to use it so you can't stand to see people being successful with Death Spin and enjoying themselves. You want them to copy you so you don't feel bad for the choice you made.


    Nostalghia wrote: »
    you can go ahead and test it yourself lol

    I did test it myself. Like I said above I get more DPS with DS/GB.
  • NostalghiaNostalghia
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 420
    Posts: 5
    Member
    edited 12:12AM October 30, 2018
    Saraneth wrote: »
    Just seems like you guys are really defensive over the void slash build. Like you have taught yourself that you HAVE to use it so you can't stand to see people being successful with Death Spin and enjoying themselves. You want them to copy you so you don't feel bad for the choice you made.


    Nostalghia wrote: »
    you can go ahead and test it yourself lol

    I did test it myself. Like I said above I get more DPS with DS/GB.

    i saw you in the other thread about the zerk build, i see that you are very low level and i see why you prefer the spin build. at level 25 a spin build is way better since you arent bossing.

    and you're suppose to test with 1 target not 3.
  • SaranethSaraneth
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 1,995
    Posts: 129
    Member
    edited 5:17AM October 30, 2018
    Nostalghia wrote: »
    yeah i play with a controller too,

    i tested void slash, it does more damage WITHOUT dark breaker than death spin + ground breaker spam, you can go ahead and test it yourself lol, but at the end of the day, play what style you like. I was death spin + ground breaker when i started too
    Nostalghia wrote: »
    Saraneth wrote: »
    Just seems like you guys are really defensive over the void slash build. Like you have taught yourself that you HAVE to use it so you can't stand to see people being successful with Death Spin and enjoying themselves. You want them to copy you so you don't feel bad for the choice you made.


    Nostalghia wrote: »
    you can go ahead and test it yourself lol

    I did test it myself. Like I said above I get more DPS with DS/GB.

    i saw you in the other thread about the zerk build, i see that you are very low level and i see why you prefer the spin build. at level 25 a spin build is way better since you arent bossing.

    and you're suppose to test with 1 target not 3.

    Am 56 now. But yeah still levelling. Been talking to other people and they reckon that explains why I am getting more DPS with DS/GB since I cannot do the full build yet for VS.

    Also I did test against 1 target.
  • DanteYodaDanteYoda
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 960
    Posts: 51
    Member
    edited 5:31PM November 2, 2018
    Thenelwave wrote: »
    DanteYoda wrote: »
    I love Assassin it could be great but Berzerker is amazing... All other dps classes should be buffed up to the zerker levels this game would be so much better.


    What makes you say this ? Also are you a sin main?

    I have many classes including Sin its my highest, but leveling it to 41 has been lets say not super fun, but Berserker is amazing to play just really runs through everything, Sin while its burst is ok the rest of the time imo its below par damage wise... Same with Thief, Archer and Runeblade.

    Also the damage output on Spin2win might not be better the survival aspect while moving far exceeds many other classes, most just cannot hit you..