CM Kyrios explains the team's plans moving forward!

>> http://forums.maplestory2.nexon.net/discussion/45796/

Golden dolphin only worth 100k?

FantasticTofuFantasticTofu
MapleStory 2 Rep: 420
in Life Skills
Well I see other version such as KR that they can afk fish for paying meso only, but I was like ok nexon need a way to get money so it's ok.

But today when I get a golden dolphin and realize that this thing in NA only worth 100k comepare to KR that worth 10m...

I'm like... what's the point to master fishing? Especially when you can only pay real money to afk fish but all you can get is junk?
HallangreFantasykittenAly3rdNikynoonooBananaCatNurdiFacePkmdzChernobyteJadedFejtanand 1 other.

Comments

• HallangreHallangre
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,585
    This post holds some merit.

I invested a lot of time into becoming a Master Fisherman and I've yet to see a good payout contrast to make up for three crucial counterbalances:

1. Time spent fishing manually.
    2. Currency spent to fish on automation.
    3. Mastering one of the most tedious life skills in the game.

I enjoyed the experience make no mistake, but I can argue this on the simple point that one can't advance until catching specific fish in higher ranks. This renders automated fishing to be virtually worthless in the journey to master because once you spend 30 minutes on the same fish you've been catching... you got nowhere. Manually fishing is truly the path to Master, but then there's Master.

Why would I bother with golden fish after Album completion when Potion Solvents already pay out ten grand and on average could make me 100k Mesos faster than a gold dolphin bite? I know it's hard to balance player economy vs life skill economy but it needs to get more meticulous attention from the developers.

I should always get a equal or greater payout in my skills in exchange for automation and time spent mastering said skill.
    FantasykittenNikynoonooJozarGricelyKoreangurlPkmdzChernobyteJadedBacoAyumí
  • CubeNoobCubeNoob
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 2,060
    Aha, I never knew as to what would be provided at Master Fishing, I've been working towards it and I don't disagree, the experience given through the fish album lacks a way for us to progress during auto fish. The 100k reward sounds pretty lame to me unless you catch it very often..

• SkyCalleRSkyCalleR
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 820
    edited 6:14AM October 25, 2018
    I kinda agree, the point of master fisher and afk fishing does not deliver anything at all, being afk fishing alot to get those golden fishes, getting maybe 1-2 golden fishes whos worth 1k gold... that doesnt explain the consumating and cost you spent on it, it need to be adjusted to actually give some benefits of actually going master fisher, right now there arnt any benefits at all.

The tier 3 grade golden fishes is really really hard to get and only worth 100k, makes me wonder why they changed it to so low, to afk fishing it cost pretty much merets so it does rly feel uncalled to change it to so low, i fishes so much still never gotten a tier 3 golden fish, only grade 1 and grade 2, and that was when fishing whole days, and does feel way to far from worth it.
  • ingStefaningStefan
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 595
    +1 give us a better reason to be master fishing. it sux at the moment :(
  • thdthd
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,605
    where do you even catch golden dolphin from? I have been trying so hard to catch one, but no luck
  • LofiVibesLofiVibes
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 930
    thd wrote: »
    where do you even catch golden dolphin from? I have been trying so hard to catch one, but no luck

just pop a golden lure and i think you have a chance to catch em anywhere.
  • HosuHosu
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 3,655
    Pretty sure they nerfed the payout to prevent inflation. The chance of one player catching a gold fish is rare, but once we apply the chance to any of the hundreds of fishing players, it becomes almost regular. Paying out 10m a pop was probably too high this early in the game.

That being said fishing feels utterly pointless and the only time I do it is for guild dailies. You could argue that there are the cosmetic skins that are fishing exclusive, but unless I wanna look like surf's up on Halloween, I don't think there's that much appeal to that. I'm hoping they take a look at fishing rewards to make them more rewarding and provide a better incentive to manually fish and grind out the levels.
  • ZakuroZakuro
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 435
    plz fix fishing
  • NikynoonooNikynoonoo
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,655
    Fishing would be nice if you could actually keep the fish you caught and cook them to use for healing instead of just having herbs and potions.
    Erie
  • CalcaelCalcael
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 210
    I never spent merets on fishing and used coupons provided in game to get to master. So it's easy trophies.
    Babou
  • DanDKDanDK
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 33,530
    The current game is designed around dungeons, only dungeons and nothing except dungeons. Oh, and a few dailies once in a while (dungeons are also kind of dailies). Sure, there are a dozen other activities to do in the game - they just give out nothing compared to the effort spent.
    This was pointed out to Nexon since the first CBT but they have chosen to ignore everything. And what do they blog about every week now? More dungeons.

So pretty much what we have now is a game where you can do anything you like, but you won't get anything out of it unless its dungeons. And these dungeons are basically dumbed down mobile phone versions of actual MMO dungeons, which just makes the entire thing even more ridiculous.

Good luck getting Nexon to change their mind.
    Meso_ManSavantHumanCariseiSherriPkmdzJadedBaco
  • BananaCatBananaCat
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,450
    Hope they revamp the fishy system. It is kinda depressing.
  • SavantHumanSavantHuman
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 600
    DanDK wrote: »
    The current game is designed around dungeons, only dungeons and nothing except dungeons. Oh, and a few dailies once in a while (dungeons are also kind of dailies). Sure, there are a dozen other activities to do in the game - they just give out nothing compared to the effort spent.
    This was pointed out to Nexon since the first CBT but they have chosen to ignore everything. And what do they blog about every week now? More dungeons.

So pretty much what we have now is a game where you can do anything you like, but you won't get anything out of it unless its dungeons. And these dungeons are basically dumbed down mobile phone versions of actual MMO dungeons, which just makes the entire thing even more ridiculous.

Good luck getting Nexon to change their mind.

so sad.
  • SherriSherri
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 8,580
    Well I see other version such as KR that they can afk fish for paying meso only, but I was like ok nexon need a way to get money so it's ok.

ummm no not really.. considering they charge for many other things.
    Premium, Style Crates, Mounts, Housing Decor, Mannequins, those message balloon things, world chat/channel chat, making UGC, instruments, expanding your inventory, extra skill builds, and more..

Of course one can argue that 'at least it's not p2w', but that argument only let them get away with charging us these crazy amounts on stuff that shouldn't be expensive!
    One instrument costs 500 merets. $5 dollars!
    Run out of inventory space for your instruments and music scores? That'll be 390 for 6 slots.
    How about if you want a new skill tab? That costs 990, basically $10 right there! -_-
  • BabouBabou
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 830
    Add a currency system, like a token drop with a npc that sells goodies like other fish chairs and perhaps different rod skins etc for xx tokens. That way fishing will be a bit more rewarding then just a golden fish for 1-10-100k or the extremely rare fish skins.