Check out the v16 1st Anniversary Update patch notes!

>> http://forums.maplestory2.nexon.net/discussion/45834

Price of potions is way too high!

VoltnexVoltnex
MapleStory 2 Rep: 450
edited 2:45PM July 23, 2018 in Suggestions and Feedback
Yo, I think that most people that are at the level where they need potions to do the hard dungeons would agree that potions are ridiculously expensive. I don't know if in the official release we will be able to get mesos more easily which would make the price of the potions insignificant but if it stays as is I would really hope that they would make them a lot cheaper. I know that in Korea they have an option to use a maid to craft them but we don't have them right now and couldn't really test it out. So, what do you guys think?
HatManNanaroSubglaciousPaperCreaseBakaAniki

Comments

• ChillznChillzn
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 690
    I think to new player they will be high, but with farm and time they wont be that big of a issue. I am unfamiliar with MS1, but I'm sure they will have players that can make them/farm them and sell on a action house type system? If not then, I am sure the prices are not set in stone and they should come down a bit. P.S. I would appreciate some feedback on my posts if you have the time. Thanks in advance.
  • DanDKDanDK
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 33,530
    Anything that still requires effort in this game should not be made any more easy. The game already showers you with mesos and potions from teleporting around and talking to NPCs.
    UnlimitedRXD
  • VoltnexVoltnex
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 450
    edited 11:10PM July 23, 2018
    I get it, at the start and stuff. But when you reach level 50 like I said. You don't have the option to get those from main quests. 100 potions which is a few dungeons cost you almost 1/2 million + herbs which is another 200k-300k and you almost have a million.
  • ElphydaElphyda
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 730
    In the time I've played so far, I've bought potions a mere two times due to the outrageous price. Red potions are completely useless to me now, and they're the only reasonably priced thing for someone in Prestige who isn't a meso pincher. I really feel it's too much if I'm spending 100k mesos on a mere 10 potions that only heal a very small portion of my health. It makes me feel I'm required to party up with a Priest (which, luckily for me, I've been able to do that).

Please cut down the prices on potions. It's just too expensive right now.
    VoltnexPaperCrease
  • MareSEphemeralMareSEphemeral
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 3,680
    They are pretty expensive, yeah. I did manage to save a lot by buying up a ton of cheap red potions that others put up on the black market and have my pet continuously use them when my HP is below 70~80% and a more expensive potion when it drops lower, which helps a lot but potions will always be on cooldown.
  • RXDRXD
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 585
    I haven't reached the higher level dungeons yet, so I don't know how hard the enemies are, but is it not possible to dodge a lot of the damage and use herbs for much less expensive healing? Also, is taking priests along not viable?
  • mmviimmvii
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 4,990
    Yeah they are quite pricey, one white potion (600 hp healing only) costs as much as the mesos you get from completing a level 50 normal dungeon :\.
    Vendal
  • FiearenFiearen
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,845
    I agree i just bought a batch of potions and it cost me over 1 Million meso's which is outrageous especially with dungeon cap as it is one of the only ways to farm money. So yeah i just don't buy them anymore.

Unfortunately i will have to buy them again for balrog and chaos.
  • HiyateHiyate
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 765
    edited 6:52AM July 27, 2018
    I believe assistants cut down on the prices of potions.

Example: One of the drinks you can produce at higher tier that heal around 900 over 8 seconds costs roughly 1850 mesos per potion. While a white potion (instantly heal 800) costs roughly 4300 mesos per potion.

At even higher tiers you get both instant heal and heal over 8 seconds from these drinks.

I believe that's the reason assistants exist and potion are expensive.
  • ThisisNoooThisisNooo
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 400
    Yeah wish there was a way to craft potions it'll bring down the price a lot instead of people making new characters and just selling all there potions to make profit or just trading them with there other characters. if they where made craft-able we can gauge the price better in the black market
  • VendalVendal
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,090
    I think they are high for anyone who wants to run any content without a priest. but of course you can farm, but farming definitely isnt what makes a game replayable or enjoyable. farming is what makes a game a work substitute @_@.
    PaperCrease
  • TheChaosLegendTheChaosLegend
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 8,030
    edited 3:12AM October 28, 2018
    I have a better suggestion! Let us actually sell the the potions we make with our assistants to people who don't wish to spend real money on them! (Remove the Untradable tag!!)

Here are my reasons:
    1 - They are easily the best hp/sec potions in the game (1768 HP / 8 sec)
    2 - They LOCK achievements behind them
    3 - Nexon already sells 50% hp pots in the Meret Market

The potion I mentioned above (High Flyer) costs roughly 970 mesos + the market price of Suspicious Sweetener.
    tl;dr they can sell for less than the npc sells herbs! (Depending on supply and demand)

Yet for some reason nexon made it impossible to trade/sell on the black market or player-to-player.

(Please note the price i mentioned above is with the most expensive beverage merchant... cheaper merchants require more resources and thus will cost more to make the same potion)
    SyrusMarufuji
  • CLCCLC
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,375
    Event potions? They seem to give a plethora of those. Unless you're somehow using over 700 Halloween Pumpkin Juice each week, then I suggest you watch a guide on the boss.
  • FeverJawsFeverJaws
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,730
    5k is a fairly low price for best potion.. just dont get hit. its honestly easy to avoid 90% of a boss attacks. and also a priest will do wonders. i never spend a single meso on dungeons,
  • SaranethSaraneth
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,995
    Potion do cost far too much for what they are. Ridiculous.
  • XenociderOmegaXenociderOmega
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 3,780
    Level up your life skill to make your own potions
  • PaperCreasePaperCrease
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 510
    i am not yet at the point where i've run out of potions from the story quests, but i did look at those potion prices at a value persective at one point, and i am very glad that i was not alone in thinking they may have been incredibly expensive and not worth it.
    if it comes down to it, i'll have to keep one character slot open to farm story potions, delete, and reset, over and over. that doesn't strike me as particularly fun.

CLC wrote: »
    Event potions? They seem to give a plethora of those. Unless you're somehow using over 700 Halloween Pumpkin Juice each week, then I suggest you watch a guide on the boss.

won't the pumpkin juices all expire the day the event ends? it won't matter how good they are and how many you have in stock if they all just vanish. after that we'd be stuck with regular, very expensive potions.

FeverJaws wrote: »
    5k is a fairly low price for best potion.. just dont get hit. its honestly easy to avoid 90% of a boss attacks. and also a priest will do wonders. i never spend a single meso on dungeons,

yeah dude, "just don't get hit" is totally the best method that should work for everyone, priest is useless because nobody ever gets hit lol

c'mon now. people get hit, and sometimes you don't have a priest.

RXD wrote: »
    I haven't reached the higher level dungeons yet, so I don't know how hard the enemies are, but is it not possible to dodge a lot of the damage and use herbs for much less expensive healing? Also, is taking priests along not viable?

"just dodge all the damage" is not really an answer. if dodging was that viable of a tactic, then shouldn't we be arguing to nerf/remove/significantly change the functions of both potions and priest in the first place?

bringing a priest is viable and preferred in most of the hard dungeons, to my knowledge. but if you're not in a raid-oriented guild (or even if you are, potentially, i'm not in any guilds nor trying the hard dungeons myself yet) then i imagine that sometimes you might have a hard time finding a priest at all. you have to keep in mind that the playerbase has like... what is it currently? 9 classes to choose from? it is probably not 1/4th of the playerbase playing priest. either use channel/world chat vouchers (or merets, if you have those) and hope there is a priest who both still has runs left (otherwise they don't have much reason to do runs in the first place) that also is not already in a party with someone else doing said runs, or you'll have to hope that random matchmaking puts you in with a priest. if you have no priest, your option is potions. which are, pretty good, when you have them, but once you run out, it seems like it will cost more to get enough potions for a single run than you make from a single run- you're at a disadvantage by playing the game at all, so the optimal choice is to give up and stop playing.
    SyrusMarufuji
  • CLCCLC
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,375

won't the pumpkin juices all expire the day the event ends? it won't matter how good they are and how many you have in stock if they all just vanish. after that we'd be stuck with regular, very expensive potions.

Thanks giving event next month I believe. Looking at the event trends we're probably going to get more potions. Then we'll have other events.
  • PaperCreasePaperCrease
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 510
    edited 9:20PM October 28, 2018

Thanks giving event next month I believe. Looking at the event trends we're probably going to get more potions. Then we'll have other events.

assuming the thanksgiving event lasts the entire month like how this halloween event has lasted this entire month like it does IRL because holidays are treated like whole months rather than singular days or singular weeks for some reason, the month after that has christmas, a new years event could happen either packaged in with christmas event or taking up january, and february has valentines day... assuming all that to be the case (which, besides maybe new years for the entirety of january) is not unreasonable, we've probably-hopefully got some nice event potions like this pumpkin juice to last us that entire time. still, what about after that? we're (probably) not getting an event every month of every year. i guess if we do have events with event-specific potions for the majority of the year, we'll probably make pretty good profit, but i still don't like the idea of dungeons being bad and unprofitable to run outside of event times.

and that many potions should sustain me, probably, and i haven't been using my pumpkin juices nearly as much as i should, admittedly. i do have to wonder if the supply i get will hold up for me though? it seems like i have at least 3 characters i wanna be doing runs with, maybe more (i've only experimented with like half of the classes), and while 700 pumpkin juice for a week for 1 character is more than enough, it seems like the dailies are once per account rather than once per character, and 700 pumpkin juice for a week split across 4 or 5 characters is an idea that makes me a little nervous.

• NikynoonooNikynoonoo
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,655
    Potion prices are a bit crazy I think people just haven't noticed it yet because of the event items.