CM Kyrios explains the team's plans moving forward!

>> http://forums.maplestory2.nexon.net/discussion/45796/
Closed

define sexual plz

Comments

• GretaGreta
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 2,080
    edited 9:23AM October 27, 2018
    Bizu wrote: »
    Greta wrote: »
    If they are planning to remove ALL revealing UGC outfits then i'm waiting for them to change outfits of Bunny Gals, Ophelia and any other NPC Chick that has too sexualized clothes like short skirt/shorts, shirts with cleavages, lingerie, fishnet socks or anything else similar to those.

Males too.

I'm sorry, but I have never seen overly sexualized male in games. Well...At least in Maple, I think? But no one ever finds any issues with male attire, it's always gonna be something about female clothing.
  • tinyfruitbattinyfruitbat
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 505
    Pixalate wrote: »
    I believe this is a fantasy game, sjw's please step off. UwU
    It's also rated E10. Having a discussion isn't being an sjw.

I'm gonna concur with others on here and say the outfit in OP was probably removed because it was assumed to be stolen. The outfit on the left is considerably more sexual than even the questionable npcs and hopefully won't be up for much longer.
    Tsene
  • DochiDochi
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,795

I'm gonna concur with others on here and say the outfit in OP was probably removed because it was assumed to be stolen. The outfit on the left is considerably more sexual than even the questionable npcs and hopefully won't be up for much longer.

they do take things down for copyright, and when they do they do not say its for sexual. I got my 2b mask taken down for copyright. This, I won't post up again for sure.
  • tinyfruitbattinyfruitbat
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 505
    Dochi wrote: »

they do take things down for copyright, and when they do they do not say its for sexual. I got my 2b mask taken down for copyright. This, I won't post up again for sure.
    Yeah, either they messed up by hitting the wrong button or...it might have gotten reported a TON of times and just automatically went through? Either way they definitely messed up.
  • zlOwOlzzlOwOlz
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 865
    Zarozian wrote: »
    The level of lewdness is way higher in Japan and they seemed to have turned out alright, but what's funny was that the United Nations was making demands of Japan to not depict sexual content in medias like anime, manga, and some video games. Their argument is that these media are in breach of human rights, as they sometimes focus on the abuse of women.

wait, the UN still exist o_O
  • DanteYodaDanteYoda
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 960
    Left one but that tear up the side could be considered suggestive and sexual as well.. and isn't 2B considered copyrighted?
    Tsene
  • nurbnurb
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 2,305
    edited 7:06PM October 28, 2018
    zlOwOlz wrote: »
    The level of lewdness is way higher in Japan and they seemed to have turned out alright, but what's funny was that the United Nations was making demands of Japan to not depict sexual content in medias like anime, manga, and some video games. Their argument is that these media are in breach of human rights, as they sometimes focus on the abuse of women.

wait, the UN still exist o_O

Totally off the thread topic but, League of Nations was first, that failed (1910ish?). United Nations was founded in 1945, and yes still very much exists.

DanteYoda wrote: »
    Left one but that tear up the side could be considered suggestive and sexual as well.. and isn't 2B considered copyrighted?

The outfit isn't using a name affiliated with NieR:AutoMata/2B
    If someone who has never seen that character, were to see the outfit, they wouldn't know it's copyright.

Descriptions
    - Don’t describe your item with official or trademark names
    - Don’t make any false claims or defamatory statements
    - Do use vague or common names

These are the UGC guidelines for naming/description. I think the name 2 Bee is vague enough.
  • KiymoriKiymori
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 2,205
    Bizu wrote: »
    If they are planning to remove ALL revealing UGC outfits then i'm waiting for them to change outfits of Bunny Gals, Ophelia and any other NPC Chick that has too sexualized clothes like short skirt/shorts, shirts with cleavages, lingerie, fishnet socks or anything else similar to those.

Males too.

I'm sorry, but I have never seen overly sexualized male in games. Well...At least in Maple, I think? But no one ever finds any issues with male attire, it's always gonna be something about female clothing.

That's because there is a double standard with what is considered overly sexual for men and women. You slap a jacked guy in a swimsuit that is just considered normal or hot to the average viewer,take that same guy and put him in some nice dress pants a dress shirt but it's opened up to expose his abs, that is still generally just considered 'hot' but leaning towards sexual(probably because the mystery of what else is underneath is added). You take virtually any woman and put her in some tight revealing clothing it's immediately considered 'sexualized', or take her and put her in a generic swimsuit, same deal.

Anyway, at the end of the day it all comes down to where you're from and what is considered 'to much' based on what is put out there in the media and how they have conditioned many people to think.
    AnOldGeezer
  • NikynoonooNikynoonoo
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,655
    PinkFoxxy wrote: »
    what are you guys even arguing about? theres like 12 different topics going on at once

There's literally only 1 topic, and that is nexon taking down items without giving us a general rule and the fact that there are far WORSE revealing things in game already including NPCS with giant tiddies.

Ophelia is fine don't hate.
  • ZarozianZarozian
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 3,520
    Dochi wrote: »
    Lmao Americans are so sensitive when it comes to this topic.

I don't like how this makes us look like sensitive weaklings to other countries, but our country has the most severe lack of strong father figures and/or a functional family, according to a joint political, sociological, and psychological research. This explains why so many people in American society just come off as inadequate ninnies and it just bothers me so much at how few people lack the qualities needed to be a decisive and strong leader or even want to be leaders anymore, fearing the pressure and responsibility instead of rising to the challenge. I guarantee you if everyone had Batman as their father, America would not have turned out the way they did today! >;(

In fact I have proposed an idea to save our country. It would make even King Arthur proud and green with envy since he failed to save Britain.

up to second sentence i was like ur an idiot and after that turned out to be a genius

Of course! Batman would be the father that nobody wants to disappoint. You don't want him catch you acting like a fool doing some stupid crap that you see people doing!

I was actually quite serious about having an idea, but it's quite the long term plan and this thread really isn't the place for it. = w=
  • BulbasaurBulbasaur
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 2,465
    edited 10:29PM October 28, 2018
    Beariie wrote: »
    These chibis look like there below 13, this is just wrong on both parts lol.

Last I checked this isn't real life and I can't put an age on something that has no real world presence in reality.

Yeah because if I draw a child in a skimpy outfit and a suggestive pose, it's clearly a-ok because it's a cartoon.
    HowlyeTsene
  • SyrusMarufujiSyrusMarufuji
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 3,395
    Bulbasaur wrote: »

Last I checked this isn't real life and I can't put an age on something that has no real world presence in reality.

Yeah because if I draw a child in a skimpy outfit and a suggestive pose, it's clearly a-ok because it's a cartoon.

if you find a child sexual for not wearing enough clothes that sounds like a you problem.
  • HeimerdingerHeimerdinger
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 2,870
    edited 4:59AM October 29, 2018
    This is getting off topic. At our base we want to know what is defined as sexual/suggestive concretely by nexons standards

You make a great point, when many of the female npcs (bunny gals for instance) are scantily clad, yet GM's will take down someones own design for being risque , it most certainly is a hypocritical policy. There definitely needs to be some better GM training going on. I have a feeling that much of whats being deemed sexual and removed from the market is being done by gm's who are using their own idea of what constitutes morality and sexualization, instead of the companies idea. As I stated earlier about many of the npc's it's clear that Nexon devs opinions differ from that of the gm's. It makes me wonder if the gm's even play the game.

i will have you know that due to recent news, i can happily tell you the gms play the game a little too well *snickers*

i for one think there is not enough skimpy outfits, and would appreciate more , at least enough to be on par with any other mmo

im buying that ophelia outfit in less than 2 seconds when its released

• ingStefaningStefan
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 595
    both those Customes are top Sellers @ EU aswell.
    GG nexon, thiefs get rich
  • BulbasaurBulbasaur

if you find a child sexual for not wearing enough clothes that sounds like a you problem.

Lmao one can identify a sexual element in a figure without being aroused. "Not enough clothes" doesn't describe the heart of the issue as in some situations it is perfectly normal to reveal skin, e.g. at the beach for example.

If I drew you a child in one of those suggestive nurse costumes you can find in any 18+ website, and then I made a manga and game adaptation of it, would that be ok?
    tinyfruitbatTsene
  • NilremNilrem
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 6,050
    Maple Guide
    I mean, I've been making succubus outfits since the CBTs and had little to no issues.

My CBT2 outfit had zero problems overall and was a revealing bodysuit in a shape similar to the bunny outfits.

And my recent succubus set only had the leggings taken down/refunded a few days after creation because I had a heart symbol in a certain location.
    After I removed the symbol (and I guess changed the stocking into leg armor/boots) I had no issues.

Although vague rules are better than no visible rules honestly.
    Last game I played with a UGC system years ago had zero visible rules. I'll let you guess how that went.
  • SyrusMarufujiSyrusMarufuji
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 3,395

Lmao one can identify a sexual element in a figure without being aroused. "Not enough clothes" doesn't describe the heart of the issue as in some situations it is perfectly normal to reveal skin, e.g. at the beach for example.

Again, if you are finding a child sexual for exposing anything other than genitalia, you are the problem. Knees, Shoulders, Thighs and Midriffs, have no reason to be sexually charged. If one cannot make the distinct mental separation between the way they view an adult, and a child dressed in adult clothes, there is a major problem.

Toddlewood-2.jpg
    Oh man the kid is showing shoulders thats inappropriate

4.jpg.
    That Collar is too low on the kid, oh no what will we do.

GretaUminoKorasuidontreallyknowman
  • BulbasaurBulbasaur
    edited 7:44PM October 29, 2018

If I drew you a child in one of those suggestive nurse costumes you can find in any 18+ website, and then I made a manga and game adaptation of it, would that be ok?

Again, if you are finding a child sexual for exposing anything other than genitalia, you are the problem. Knees, Shoulders, Thighs and Midriffs, have no reason to be sexually charged. If one cannot make the distinct mental separation between the way they view an adult, and a child dressed in adult clothes, there is a major problem.

Not only did you dodge the hypothetical scenario I posed to you, you completely missed the point.

No, I don't find a child "sexual" for "showing skin" but it is easy to identify a component that is commonly considered "sexual". On top of that, I even stated and gave you an example of why "showing skin" is off the mark. There is nothing "sexual" about those photos.

Now what is considered "sexual"? Sexual refers to an element such as a specific type of outfit (usually one people would almost never wear on the outside in public but might wear in the bedroom), or an action or promiscuous behavior of some sort that is usually intended to arouse someone. Lap dancing is sexual. Shaking your ass on cam is sexual. Several types of nurse outfits are sexual.

One question is can I incorporate a sexual element into a cartoon depiction of a child? Yes, of course I can. I can animate a child in a skimpy nurse outfit dancing around a pole for instance (according to you, this wouldn't be sexual apparently). The follow up question is, is that ok? Because according to LdySnowBunny, I can't put an age on something that has no "real world presence".
  • Ren_PartycatRen_Partycat
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,535
    Nexon just needs to admit that sex sells and only get rid of UGC that shows genitals, booty holes and female nipples. Oh and any UGC that is too extreme I guess, but when I say "extreme" I mean stuff that's disgusting or things that go too far. Seriously, the foundation of this game is built around sexualized chibis, don't punish people for breathing life into your game and giving you money just because they want what they signed up for. Sure, some players might get rich by selling sexual UGC, but think of how many people will take their credit card and buy merets JUST so they can get that UGC. The same goes for non-sexual UGC, because at the end of the day the UGC system is a money printing machine. Don't screw yourself over Nexon. And don't make the players unhappy either. Just accept that it's 2018 and we all think MS2 characters are sexy.
    ArSkulder
  • EpicLolFaceEpicLolFace
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,115
    I bet half the people playing Maplestory are on a watchlist now.
    CLCBeariieBulbasaur
This discussion has been closed.