Check out the v16 1st Anniversary Update patch notes!

>> http://forums.maplestory2.nexon.net/discussion/45834

To play priest or wizard

EiraEira
MapleStory 2 Rep: 625
in Classes
Hello there! Im still confused or to play a priest or a wizard. Can someone explain me two classes and tell me something that made you choose one of them?

Comments

• thdthd
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,605
    Eira wrote: »
    Hello there! Im still confused or to play a priest or a wizard. Can someone explain me two classes and tell me something that made you choose one of them?

you will end up doing both anyways. just choose anything. it doesn't matter that much,
    Harrms
  • OnlyPositiveVibesOnlyPositiveVibes
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 740
    Well, I am a level 60 wizard, with full epic gear etc. and I enjoy using him. Wizard is more of a Damage Class, where as priest is a healing class. So if you'd like to do AoE damage, then I suggest playing Wizard, but if you'd like to heal people while doing a bit of damage, choose priest.
  • NikynoonooNikynoonoo
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,655
    Haven't played either but boy let me tell you I'm a lot happier to see a priest than a wizard.
  • Brids17Brids17
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 200
    The current meta has priest being built for damage with their abilities more focused on buffing their allies damage rather than pure healing. So it's currently more a question of whether or not you want total DPS or mostly DPS with a side of support.
  • Bercilak_HautdesertBercilak_Hautdesert
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 625
    Nikynoonoo wrote: »
    Haven't played either but boy let me tell you I'm a lot happier to see a priest than a wizard.

Yeah right.. I'm sure we all know the feeling you get when you're a party with 3 priests that have names like qrfgofhg, wiufgifc, and grglschmortz. Give me 3 wizards any day. but yeah.. 1 priest with a real name is better than 1 wizard IMO.

• ChuChicaChuChica
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,020
    priest is a healing class/ close range combat
    wiz is a long range/aoe combat.

they are very different and ppl shouldnt compare them :), its like you cant compare an apple with an orrange and say "which one is better", take a bite into both and try it for yourself :)

i bit into both and i gotta say, i personally prefer wiz, for many reasons, very long range, big aoe damage, quiet high dps in compare to other classes (wiz has one of the best dps in the game, their dps is better than priest), and wiz's teleport is very mobile, alot more mobile than priest's dash (but priest's dash isnt designed for mobility)
    but priest is fun too, if you enjoy supporting and healing your teammates and saving their lifes, its definately a class for you, I have a priest alt myself, and priest's dps isnt that bad either, plus priest's survivability is way higher than wiz, my HP legit did not even go under 50% while i was training my priest to 50 lol, while i died a couple times training my wiz to lv50
    OneConfusedMilletianDanDKXenostars
  • OneConfusedMilletianOneConfusedMilletian
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,590
    edited 5:03PM November 19, 2018
    I've experimented with both, and I'm enjoying Priest more. To me, Priest is one of the most flexible classes - there are many different playstyles (melee to mid-range, lots of movement or more static, solo or party, etc...) and multiple builds to suit those playstyles. And since you can change builds on the fly, you can take your Priest into any situation and experiment. Depending on whether or not the devs want to give all players more self-sustain, though, Priests might eventually fall out of the meta in favor of DPS.

Wizard is an exceptional DPS class (some would say overtuned), with probably the most forgiving mobility. Despite a restricting meta, it looks like Wizard may have more viable playstyles post-Awakening. I think Wizard is a good choice for the long term, even if the devs apply some nerfs.

Either way, happy to see another mage! See you in game! :D
    Xenostars