Please do not send inquiries to the Forum Moderators and Community Manager Cuddles regarding forum name changes. Exceptions are only made if the forum name violates the CoC. Thank you for understanding.

Zerk or Assasin

ThenelwaveThenelwave
Maplestory 2 Rep: 760
in Classes
I want to hear why you chose one over the other :)

Also a little detail about both classes regarding PVE/PVP Pre and Post Awakening !

Comments

• ThenelwaveThenelwave
  • JazipcJazipc
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 1,110
    Zerker because nuff said.
  • QuackieQuackie
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 420
    i tested all the dps classes
    and only zerk and gunner kept me interested
    for a single reason : they can selfheal !
    priest can too , but as a dps player i'm not a fan of taking 40 secs to kill a mob :p
    some mounts cost millions , same with pet candys so i'm not going to spend 500k+ every day on potions ( its a random number i didnt check potion's prizes as i dont need to use it on zerk :x )
    mmvii
  • ThenelwaveThenelwave
    Nice responses! What else yall got
  • MommaMakoMommaMako
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 1,275
    Berzerker seems to actually be more brainless than the "meta" wizard (upsetting how Fire is the only viable tree)
    Go with it if you really like to just... spin...
  • ThenelwaveThenelwave
    Any new thoughts
  • DarkGladxxDarkGladxx
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 455
    MommaMako wrote: »
    Berzerker seems to actually be more brainless than the "meta" wizard (upsetting how Fire is the only viable tree)

if a zerk is just spinning they are doing it wrong
    DanteYodaSnackCakesXtonyNostalghiaUlukini
  • zlOwOlzzlOwOlz
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 845

just spin? PUKE
    DanteYoda
  • CryonomicCryonomic
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 1,295
    DarkGladxx wrote: »

I've been told to not got for the spin2win strategy since the dmg output is far less than the real potential of the Zerk.

So far I've been using Void Slash as the main skill with Dark Breaker at max stacks and using Earthquake as a little extra dmg while Bloodlust lvl 6 lets me get some juicy HP back. The passive skills Warriors Instinct and Greatsword Mastery are also maxed out. That results in being able to get a close to 60k crit with Dark Breaker and around 9k constant dmg with Void Slash non-crit with just having a Kabo's Greatsword+6 and blue gear I randomly got.

For the main topic, I got both chars and I can tell, both are pretty fun to play. They have their pro and contra points, which make them really balanced for the main dps classes. (The Zerk rly tanky but heavy to mobility and the Sin having high mobility but squishy af)

Regarding PvP I guess Sin will always win against Zerk since it is range and has the high mobility and cc.
  • PrettypastelmelPrettypastelmel
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 950
    I have both!
    I do main Sin just cause I do like dodging feels a bit more action-y? lol
    But I also have a Zerk which I was a Zerk in Tera so I like that class, and like everyone is saying I don't go for the spin, I'm doing better damage with a not spin2win build.

Overall I'm having fun with both classes!
    DanteYoda
  • DanteYodaDanteYoda
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 960
    edited 5:24PM November 2, 2018
    I love Assassin, it could be great, but Berzerker is amazing... All other dps classes should be buffed up to the zerker levels then this game would be so much better.
    Thenelwave
  • ThenelwaveThenelwave
    DanteYoda wrote: »
    I love Assassin it could be great but Berzerker is amazing... All other dps classes should be buffed up to the zerker levels this game would be so much better.

What makes you say this ? Also are you a sin main?
  • smol_burritosmol_burrito
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 985
    edited 9:49PM October 28, 2018
    Quackie wrote: »
    i tested all the dps classes
    and only zerk and gunner kept me interested
    for a single reason : they can selfheal !
    priest can too , but as a dps player i'm not a fan of taking 40 secs to kill a mob :p
    some mounts cost millions , same with pet candys so i'm not going to spend 500k+ every day on potions ( its a random number i didnt check potion's prizes as i dont need to use it on zerk :x )

well this is probably a stupid question because i'm a berserker main but which berserker skill heals? i don't remember seeing anything like that :T
    Edit: oh,, bloodlust. i totally missed the health steal part of the description LOL. time to redo my skill build i guess
  • ThenelwaveThenelwave
    Tough to decide
  • SnackCakesSnackCakes
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 1,095
    edited 9:01PM October 28, 2018
    I've heard from KMS2 streamers that Assassin is top DPS and Berserker is top DPS pre-awakening, so really both are good now in that regard. However, from the same streamers I've heard that Assassin loses its steam while Berserker still remains in the top, PVE-wise. PVP-wise, Assassin is lower-tier while Berserker is higher-tier. But to be honest, all classes are fine and it just depends on their match-up and skill (PVP and PVE). In my opinion, I think Assassin is better with its dash, skill animations, and overall aesthetic and feel while Berserkers is just easier to play. If you're trying to choose between them, don't. Obviously pick a main, but alts are very important to have in this game if you're not trying to play casually. I'd play Berserker first to save mesos (it can self heal) and then Assassin (they're kind of squishy). They're both very different classes, so you'd have to play them to know which one you like more. I say this from experience, I was all about the "oooooh which class is viable! which class is good endgame!" but that honestly doesn't matter here. It depends on how comfortable you find yourself within a class, and if you want to actually become better at playing it.
    Thenelwave
  • SaranethSaraneth
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 1,995
    edited 10:11PM October 28, 2018

Not really. Death Spin is completely viable. Just because you don't like it doesn't mean it's wrong.

Cryonomic wrote: »
    I've been told to not got for the spin2win strategy since the dmg output is far less than the real potential of the Zerk.

Not far less. It's a little bit less but the DPS is still top. Also much easier to keep up with moving bosses with Death Spin. You miss less so that easily makes up for it.
  • GarlicBreadGarlicBread
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 2,445

I agree, sure it can be nice on trash monsters and stuff that are weak or on fire dragon underground. but outside of that they are just killing their dps. they could be doing 200k burst damage a skill or more but they choose 5k a spin...I never will understand it.
  • SaranethSaraneth
    edited 12:46AM October 29, 2018

I agree, sure it can be nice on trash monsters and stuff that are weak or on fire dragon underground. but outside of that they are just killing their dps. they could be doing 200k burst damage a skill or more but they choose 5k a spin...I never will understand it.

Well it's not just spin. It's spin into ground breaker, repeat. Anyway, just did the same boss a few times with each build and DPS is basically the same. Might have higher burst with void slash build but overall their sustained dmg is almost equal.

Also spin is just easier imo. I found I had more down time with void slash trying to dodge mechanics. No such problem with death spin.

Play what you like but if you wanna play with death spin know that you aren't gimping yourself and your DPS is still top notch.
  • Sammich88Sammich88
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 1,345
    edited 12:50AM October 29, 2018
    Honestly I would go spin2win only when you're starting out and learning and then move onto other builds once you figure out class and the bosses you're fighting against.

The death spin has an amazing clearing ability but lacks single target(boss) dps while the other builds kinda sits on average clears and higher boss dps or at least that's how it feels like to me.
    DanteYoda
  • SaranethSaraneth
    Sammich88 wrote: »
    Honestly I would go spin2win only when you're starting out and learning and then move onto other builds once you figure out class and the bosses you're fighting against.

The death spin has an amazing clearing ability but lacks single target dps while the other builds kinda sits on average clears and higher boss dps or at least that's how it feels like to me.

Honestly if you like spin to win more just keep playing it. The DPS loss is negligible.