Check out the patch notes for the v20 Lovely Update here: http://maplestory2.nexon.net/en/news/article/55909/lovely-update-v20

What kind of classes would you all wanna see?

Comments

• SaintoneSaintone
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 4,475
    I've always been an enormous fan of gambler-type classes. Dofus and Wakfu's Ecaflip and Lost Ark's Arcana to name a few. Classes that as a base class, might be a bit weaker than other classes, but plays with RNG and probability to sometimes be far more stronger (and in some cases, weaker).

Arcana might be my favorite iteration of the class. By itself, it's a decent powerful ranged magic caster, but she draws from a deck of 14 different Tarot cards which yield various positive effects and alter how the player decides to play the class during the duration of each effect. One of those 14 cards is a true-gamble card as well with 50/50 chance of increasing or decreasing damage output by 80% for 4 seconds. The other cards might have you store up all your nukes to cast all at once or encourage you to use your weaker skills to create stacks even faster. One even turns the weak auto-attack into a decently strong AOE attack for 16 seconds.

I feel like this kind of dynamic playstyle could be interesting in MS2's environment.
    Turuncu
  • KallasKallas
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 930
    P0h wrote: »
    a wizard specialize in single elements instead of multiple

You mean more like a Pyromancer, Cryomancer, Geomancer, Aeromancer, Venomancer etc?
    Turuncu
  • AlcyonariaAlcyonaria
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,820
    Gib soulbinder.
    tinkuAmericanWeeb
  • KyrraKyrra
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 300
    Sakare wrote: »
    Batman

So a superhero class?
  • JoTheWeirdoJoTheWeirdo
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 4,925
    Mechanic would actually be pretty cool I think (Heavy Gunner intro tutotial has the bear riding the robot).
  • Takagii15Takagii15
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 450
    I really wanted to play Soulbinder, whenever it gets released it'll be my main but for now I settled for archer which looks pretty fun to play while I wait.
    AlcyonariatinkuAmericanWeeb
  • ReliusRelius
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 500
    I think i dancer support class would be really unique. They could use a Fan or a Tambourine or a whip as main weapon.
    I would like to see a class with a giant mallet. We could use a Witch class that has a familiar to help them fight. Or a summoner class. I'd like to see a class that uses one of the following weapons the most though. Wand / chakram / spear / I would like a bard maybe too they could use a harp
  • JuniJuni
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 300
    I Want a dual blader. no im not a sao fanboy but i mean zerk is meh and warrior i mean who wants a shield
  • tinkutinku
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 620
    i'm excited to play soulbinder, it's the only class that really stands out to me qq
    AmericanWeeb
  • AieAie
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 2,310
    A beast tamer esq class like Chase from MS1 would be lovely
    she was my main and the main reason i came back to MS
    Turuncu
  • TuruncuTuruncu
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 570
    Druid class as healer and summon controller plz. <3
  • TuruncuTuruncu
    Saintone wrote: »
    I've always been an enormous fan of gambler-type classes. Dofus and Wakfu's Ecaflip and Lost Ark's Arcana to name a few. Classes that as a base class, might be a bit weaker than other classes, but plays with RNG and probability to sometimes be far more stronger (and in some cases, weaker).

Arcana might be my favorite iteration of the class. By itself, it's a decent powerful ranged magic caster, but she draws from a deck of 14 different Tarot cards which yield various positive effects and alter how the player decides to play the class during the duration of each effect. One of those 14 cards is a true-gamble card as well with 50/50 chance of increasing or decreasing damage output by 80% for 4 seconds. The other cards might have you store up all your nukes to cast all at once or encourage you to use your weaker skills to create stacks even faster. One even turns the weak auto-attack into a decently strong AOE attack for 16 seconds.

I feel like this kind of dynamic playstyle could be interesting in MS2's environment.

A Dofus player. <3 Druid will be amazing like Osa and Sadida combination.
  • TuruncuTuruncu
    Kallas wrote: »
    P0h wrote: »
    a wizard specialize in single elements instead of multiple

You mean more like a Pyromancer, Cryomancer, Geomancer, Aeromancer, Venomancer etc?

Venomancer wow it will be amazing. Also animal(beast) summoner. Animalmancer. :)
  • TuruncuTuruncu
  • ShelldonShelldon
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 400
    I would like a weird class, for example, one that would use Mirrors as weapons and could copy/transfer/reverse buffs and debuffs among allies and enemies, deploy prisms that would apply additional damage/increased range/extra effects to certain classes skills when attacked, make medium range portals you and allies could move around while in battle etc.

Frankly i just thought of this now and i have no idea as to how it's offensive attacks would be, lasers? Anyway i would just like to see a weird/fun to use class with unique mechanics that would require some thought to use like Thief.

P.S: Heavy Gunner here, really it seems every other class, my main included, is just "face roll your keyboard/use one macro to win", the only reason i don't play Thief is because i like Gunner's skill animations and long range classes.
  • duckinatreeduckinatree
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,025
    edited 10:30AM October 26, 2018
    100% want to see something that uses water-based attacks. I loved the MS1 thunder breaker animations with the waves and whatnot. Spearman is almost a must-add.
  • ArchwizardArchwizard
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 400
    edited 8:51PM October 28, 2018
    I've been toying with the idea of writing up a Necromancer class -- could be one of the Witches who study dark magic to aid in the defense of Ellinia, or like the Assassin, a former follower of the Black Mage.
    Zombie summoning, Dark/Poison spells, blights and debilitating curses, but also barriers and drain-based healing abilities to offer a supportive role to the party and alternative to the Priest or Soul Binder.

Could name it something else black magic-related (Occultist?) and have advancements be Necromancer (summoning/damage focus) and Witch (support/curse focus). Then you could do neat aesthetic things like having their dash be turning into a cloud of smoke or swarm of carrion insects or something, and giving them pole weapons like scythes and pitchforks.
  • PinkFoxxyPinkFoxxy
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,090
    i would like a druid and a bard
  • HeimerdingerHeimerdinger
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 2,870
    anything with a turret or a minion
  • XinSonXinSon
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 430
    1) A new healer class. I know soulbinders have a heal but they have just -a- heal. They are just an off healer than a main healer.

2) The pirate branch from MS1 back. I know striker kind of fills the buccaneers theme but it just isn't the same.

3) A buffer class.
    3a) Performer/Jester. Buff with dances and songs. Yeah I combined bard and dancer.
    3b) Totemist/Animalist. Drop animal totems or invoke animal spirits to buff those around you
    3c) Witch/Mesmer/Warlock. Debuffing enemies with curses that cause them to take more damage is the same as buffing allies to do more damage right?

4) a hammer and/or axe class. It could even be the healer or buffer above (like a druid or shaman).