Let's enjoy the final days! Check out what changes and events started this March here: http://maplestory2.nexon.net/en/news/article/56485/sunset-in-maple-world
MapleStory 2's servers will be officially closing on May 27th: http://maplestory2.nexon.net/en/news/article/56486/service-discontinuation
Closed

SCAMMER

Comments

• ShadowsBeneaShadowsBenea
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 3,880
    Please remove his name, it's not okay to post names.
    Greta
  • mirta000mirta000
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 8,375
    If Fire Dragon is too intimidating, Labyrinth is even easier. You really don't need to buy runs in order to get some epics.
  • KewkkyKewkky
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 6,235
    edited 4:17PM October 27, 2018
    Temiku wrote: »
    You basically sought services not supported by Nexon in any shape or form. It really wasn't a scam, more like stupidity on your part for seeking services such as "Purchasing FD Runs" from a player that clearly it is something Nexon does not support. You're the 2nd player I've seen on here that complains about this. But, you won't get help for this. Since you really weren't trading from Item to Item but actually were just paying for services not supported by the publisher.

Learn from this and good luck!

It was a scam. A service was offered by someone, a person came looking for that service and paid the required price, and didn't receive the service. That's the textbook definition of a scam.
    TalnovaAxy
  • StarryLittleStarryLittle
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 735
    mirta000 wrote: »
    If Fire Dragon is too intimidating, Labyrinth is even easier. You really don't need to buy runs in order to get some epics.

again , you are talking cuz you been there many time ,
    if ur new , never been there
    you would need help ,
    we try having 4 new players never been in
    we all DIE
    its like going to a city you never been and get lost
    edited 5:07PM October 27, 2018

friend of your ? or is that You ?
    why won't you want his name ?
    so people get a head up
    i got screen shots too ,
    i know his name , which guild he is in
    how his home look like
  • YitzhakYitzhak
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 860
    edited 5:18PM October 27, 2018
    How hard is FD runs?

by the way, it reminds me I gave 3people free run on abandoned mine b4 just cause I didn't care.
    it was my first time analyzing a key so I had no freaking clue how rare it is.
  • tinyfruitbattinyfruitbat
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 505
    I am sorry this happened to you, but like many others said, buying runs isn't necessary and is frowned upon. It might take a little bit but if you look for a party you'll eventually find one. Once you learn FD's attack patterns after one run it's very easy, just get past that first hurdle and it'll be a breeze.
  • CyrroCyrro
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 790
    Just want to say, as a run seller...

1) sorry you got scammed
    2) people buy our runs because we duo as fast as common tier groups (14-15 mins very easy) but you can AFK through it !
    3) OP sounds very young and now angry because he made a mistake. Please lock this post for witch hunting or for unneeded frustration.

Btw I sent money to a Nigerian prince that was supposed to make me rich but I didn’t hear a word from him after transferring my bank account info to him, what should I do?
  • DragonicWolfDragonicWolf
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 2,320
    You people are really hard on this guy. A lot of us have wisened up to this sort of thing over years of playing MMOs, but this guy might be new to this sort of thing or being young in age.
    Tsene
  • WiLBoYWiLBoY
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 2,560
    I don't understand why people even buy Fire Dragon runs. This is one of the easiest MMOs I've played
  • ArjuneArjune
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 2,090

so people get a head up
    i got screen shots too ,
    how his home look like

Do you realize almost every game forums in existence has a 'do not defame other players' policy? It's standard that you are not allowed to call out specific usernames or witch hunt other players on the forums even if they are clearly doing something wrong. You must report them in a ticket to Nexon directly. That person probably isn't a friend of the scammer, they're just reminding you of Nexon's (and just about every other game company's) rules
    DragonicWolfUminoKorasuAietinyfruitbat
  • XenophobiaXenophobia
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,290
    You people are really hard on this guy. A lot of us have wisened up to this sort of thing over years of playing MMOs, but this guy might be new to this sort of thing or being young in age.

That's why I asked if he was young because he types like a kid. Nothing wrong with that, but what better time than now to beat some sense into 'im? You make mistakes and grow from them, man. Not every situation needs coddling and sugar-coating, that's how you create weak people.

The OP is name dropping and trying to get this guy banned for a system that was unofficial in the first place. What are we to do about it? All you can do is teach people not to expect instant justice for a shady practice (I don't care if you're a legit seller, you always have the potential to be shady).

Also, this biggest issue here is trying to "cheat" your way to gear when you have absolutely 0 experience about the mechanics. The Gear Score lockout is a bs system, but it obviously has a purpose to keep undergeared/unready players out of the harder content. Starrylittle, if you're new, then please take the time to LEARN how to do something, instead of cheaply buying your way to gear you shouldn't have access to. Everyone was new once, my first run I looked up how to do it and practiced. That's how you play a video game. Sorry but no matter how old you are, you deserved it because hopefully you learned something today.
  • TalnovaTalnova
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 2,065
    edited 9:34PM October 27, 2018
    wow I am amazed by the community reaction of "it's your own fault for trying to buy a run"... um is this the way we treat new players who are not confident and trying to figure out the game? yeah FD is easy, and it is probably better for a new player to join a guild and get assistance that way but really... some people reacting with "haha you got scammed serves you right?"
    ugh wow and I thought MS2 would have a good community, not a toxic one that preys on new players. Really disappointed in a lot of the replies from this thread....

I am assuming he bought a run with in game currency, ie mesos right? Why would that be against TOS?

And for you who don't understand why someone who would do that, it's a problem of confidence. Entering a new tier of dungeons can be intimidating to some people, they are worried they will mess up, and they don't want to burden people.... to this kind of person, paying someone to have a "safe" experience where it doesn't matter if they suck or are learning the content is preferable to joining a random group. I don't see how this is a bad attitude? Not wanting to be a burden to others in a random group and wanting to pay for the burden they cause someone.
    DragonicWolfGummybitesTseneUminoKorasuCyntusAcherons
  • TalnovaTalnova
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 2,065
    edited 9:40PM October 27, 2018

so people get a head up
    i got screen shots too ,
    how his home look like

No, you need to remove the name because it is against the rules. I am sympathetic to what happened to you, but you should make a ticket on the support page. If you don't remove his name this thread will be deleted when the mods see it.

Here is a link to the support page fyi:
    https://support-maplestory2.nexon.net/
    Greta
  • _Osiris__Osiris_
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 610
    edited 9:49PM October 27, 2018
    Talnova wrote: »
    wow I am amazed by the community reaction of "it's your own fault for trying to buy a run"... um is this the way we treat new players who are not confident and trying to figure out the game? yeah FD is easy, and it is probably better for a new player to join a guild and get assistance that way but really... some people reacting with "haha you got scammed serves you right?"
    ugh wow and I thought MS2 would have a good community, not a toxic one that preys on new players. Really disappointed in a lot of the replies from this thread....

it's funny you'd expect anything but toxicity from the internet. There will always be forum trolls running around in every gaming forum just to make fun of others, and try to discourage them

@starrylittle there is no shame in having to try something multiple times to get it right. If you and 3 other newbies died 5 times the first time you run it, well honestly that should be expected. You should never expect to beat something you have never done before, or even looked at a tutorial video for. I see it all the time in the random queue for hard dungeons. Fresh 2.1k gs that enter a dungeon don't know how to do it get frustrated cause they dont know the mechanics, die 5 times , then leave the dungeon before the boss is even at half health, but further more how do you expect to learn the dungeon if you get people to carry you through it while you afk, or get frustrated, and dont bother to learn the mechanics. It took me and my friends 4 failed runs at fire dragon before we where able to clear it for the first time, but every single one of us got a great deal of satisfaction when we finally beat it. Its all about how you look at things. If you get mad, or are discouraged by losing, then try changing your outlook on it. Take it as a learning experience instead of a failure. True failure is giving up. On a side note if you are still having trouble finding parties for dungeoning and are on nae feel free to dm me, and i would be more than happy to friend you in-game and help where i can
  • NøctNøct
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 670
    edited 12:30AM October 28, 2018
    wow I am amazed by the community reaction of "it's your own fault for trying to buy a run"... um is this the way we treat new players who are not confident and trying to figure out the game?

New player? He posted in his 'suggestion thread' that he already had 4 chars at Level 60 and everything max out on his main? Not sure if he's a new player. Now, to pretend to be the scapegoat even tho imo his attitude is BS which he showed in his own thread so well deserved.
  • XenophobiaXenophobia
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,290
    edited 12:45AM October 28, 2018
    /cut

Oh I'm sorry. I didn't realize the replies here were just toxic trolls. No way are the other players here trying to help him be cautious and play smarter. Nope. Just trolls.

@StarryLittle - Hey buddy! You did a good job! Yknow, that was really great how you paid someone to do content for you. And that Visor guy was a big meanie for not providing you a service that was never guaranteed in the first place. Big meanie that man was. That was really good job where you couldn't be arsed to ask for help first or look up a video on how to do it for free. Cheers for all! Btw that person who told you to cheese your gear even though you were inexperienced was very smart. Very smart advice! Let's all get some ice cream! yay!

Is that better, Talnova? I know I'm being a meanie but it's to get a point across. Your comment is very dismissive of what others were trying to say. And paying to not do a run does not help someone learn. What planet you from?

Looking at this OP again & way he types I feel like this whole thread is just a joke.
  • DragonicWolfDragonicWolf
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 2,320
    Looking at this OP again & way he types I feel like this whole thread is just a joke.

Your first response is quite immature as well, with the whole all caps and the name calling thing (FOOL) going on. That may be contributing to the joke that the thread became. it is interesting how there may be more hate toward op than toward the sociopathic thieving people who don't feel remorse scamming others. If some poor dumb sod fell for the famous online 'saudi prince' scam, that is a hard lesson learned and doesn't take away from the evil that are scammers.
    UminoKorasu
    edited 2:18PM October 28, 2018
    Nøct wrote: »
    wow I am amazed by the community reaction of "it's your own fault for trying to buy a run"... um is this the way we treat new players who are not confident and trying to figure out the game?

New player? He posted in his 'suggestion thread' that he already had 4 chars at Level 60 and everything max out on his main? Not sure if he's a new player. Now, to pretend to be the scapegoat even tho imo his attitude is BS which he showed in his own thread so well deserved.

oh FK sake , u again ,

why do you troll ?
    wish i could BLOCK players like you from coming to my post

THIS IS A TOPIC TO WARN PEOPLE
    WHICH PART DID YOU NOT UNDERSTAND ?
    FD PARTY = 4 PEOPLE
    THE BEEP AND 3 other players

@Nøct
    is that your alt ?
    do you support scammer ?
    r u one of them ?
    going around selling and scammer ?
    this topic is about warning people about scammer
    and u come in again , trolling

DO NOT BUY RUN
    he been scamming people all day ,
    ppl on chat , spam about this guys scamming them
    he would trade u , take ur money
    then kick you out of party , and remove you from his house
    just made it to lvl 60
    got only under 2 mil
    and got freaking scam from FD run seller
    and this prick message me back with lol
    when i said , i am going to report you for scamming
    he message me lol they dont ban for scam
    i been doing this for over 2 weeks
    is that TRUE ? this game don't ban scammer ?

Attach Poll

• GretaGreta
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 2,080
    edited 4:44AM October 28, 2018

so people get a head up
    i got screen shots too ,
    how his home look like

No, you need to remove the name because it is against the rules. I am sympathetic to what happened to you, but you should make a ticket on the support page. If you don't remove his name this thread will be deleted when the mods see it.

Here is a link to the support page fyi:
    https://support-maplestory2.nexon.net/

No point in making a ticket over something that's your own fault. It's not Nexons fault/mistake that you decided to pay for something that's obviously shady and risky.
    DragonicWolf
This discussion has been closed.