Check out the patch notes for the v18 Kritias Expansion here: http://forums.maplestory2.nexon.net/discussion/45974

[POLL] WHY are you playing Maplestory 2?

BryannBryann
MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,660
edited 6:18AM April 18, 2018 in General Chat
For me, I'm not sure about MS2, but my love for Maplestory circa 2004-2007 demands that I give it a try and keep an open mind. What about you all?
diegaoPedriniZifiishJJx3
  1. WHY are you going to play MS2?118 votes
    1. I genuinely think the game looks great
       56% (66 votes)
    2. I'm skeptical about MS2, but my fondness for MS1 demands that I give it a shot
       27% (32 votes)
    3. I'll try any Nexon game once
       3% (3 votes)
    4. Bored
       3% (4 votes)
    5. I know da wae
       11% (13 votes)

Comments

• SunBearSunBear
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,480
    edited 6:41AM April 18, 2018
    I think it looks like a really good game and it reminds me if the first couple of golded years of laboratory 1
  • XenostarsXenostars
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,770
    edited 6:43AM April 18, 2018
    I have never played Maplestory 1, but this game here looks right up my alley. It reminds me of some older games I use to play, but it has some features Im very excited about. I need a new game to pass the time. It looks so pretty and fun ! ^^
  • jcweaverjcweaver
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 815
    I played the Korean version 3 years ago and really enjoyed the game. The game was so good that the high ping and language barrier wasn't a big problem
  • RoytonRoyton
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 2,185
    Maplestory was my first MMO, so I'll give it's legacy a try for sure.
    The other half is that I'm looking for a unique game experience, and I've never tried a game that was made like MS2.
    DanDKBryannPedrini
  • GravothGravoth
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,195
    edited 7:21AM April 18, 2018
    Skeptical for sure, but ive been anticipating this game since the rumors way back when. Maybe it'll peak my interest for a week or a month, maybe longer. If it doesnt fail me completely then i'll be happy with it.
  • RhyonniRhyonni
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 520
    edited 7:40AM April 18, 2018
    I'm really excited about the creative aspect of the game! I would love to try out the housing system, it looks like a lot of fun!
    Aldebaran
  • DementedSunDementedSun
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 610
    edited 7:46AM April 18, 2018
    I really love the low-polyish look to the game, and as a kid, I had fun trying to model some of the classic Maple mobs in 3D. Also I'm quite nostalgic for all things MS, as it was a big part of my early teenage years back in 2006-2007.
  • AldebaranAldebaran
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 2,430
    edited 8:44AM April 18, 2018
    I played KMS2 for a bit and it was one of the funnest games that I played. I'm sure there were a lot of issues with the game but I was just too excited to experience it for the first time, and now I'm feeling like I was years ago on KMS2 launch day. The hype is too real.
  • SelpharionSelpharion
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,455
    I never had the chance to play the first Maplestory. When i saw the gamplays of Maplestory 2 i was quite excited. We could say that is a little whim that my inner youth wants to fulfill.
  • MaxZMaxZ
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 400
    edited 8:46AM April 18, 2018
    I adored the art style when I first laid my eyes on it: It is just so expressive! Plus It just looks to be so much fun to play!
  • BryannBryann
    The art has definitely grown on me in just the past couple days of watching videos. I could get used to it. Also excited for the PvP
  • DevSnakeDevSnake
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,435
    @Bryann I played KMS 2, that's why. lol
  • TootsieCopterTootsieCopter
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 510
    I'm at a mix. I'll play any Nexon game once, basically, and I played MapleStory back in 2006 or so.
  • FaelightFaelight
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 5,925
    I just want to socialize and this looks like a game to do just that. I love the artstyle and the endless possibilities. I hope the global launch is really successful. Need a place to call home.
  • xNihilityxNihility
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 830
    I've been playing MS on and off for so many years now, it just seems natural to give it a shot. And really I like the style of the game, Portal Knights which I also play is similarly styled but MS has a lot of unique things going on.
    Pedrini
  • InsidiousTurtleInsidiousTurtle
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 300
    I have been patiently waiting since I heard about KMS2, and now that the game is realising here I am super hyped!!
  • PedriniPedrini
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,320
    edited 1:17PM April 18, 2018
    GMS2 is da waeeee

I played because im a old gms player from the close beta... so is da waeee

giphy.gif
  • SourCreamSourCream
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 2,785
    I enjoyed MS and love the way MS2 looks so that's more than enough to have me hooked on the wait for the game.
  • ChibiNatureChibiNature
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 3,655
    Really looking forward to the cute aesthetic. It's so soothing
  • BryannBryann
    Faelight wrote: »
    I just want to socialize and this looks like a game to do just that. I love the artstyle and the endless possibilities. I hope the global launch is really successful. Need a place to call home.

Yeah that's one thing that MS has over any game. The social aspect is just so unique.