May 27th is finally upon us. Please feel free to join us on the last day as the servers come down one by one. More details here: http://forums.maplestory2.nexon.net/discussion/46192
MapleStory 2's servers will be officially closing on May 27th: http://maplestory2.nexon.net/en/news/article/56486/service-discontinuation

Suggestion: Restrict equips to usable only.

JaqqourJaqqour
MapleStory 2 Rep: 200
in Suggestions and Feedback
As a new player (mage) i got an epic scepter in a dungeon and equipped it excitedly, dismantled all my other blue weapons and sunk all my currency into upgrading it.

Queue for a dungeon and join, then get an error that my newly equipped and enhanced scepter wont enable me to do any of my class attacks......

Absolutely painful... and to make matters worse it was supposedly worth 14 mil credits had i sold it :(

So i now have a nice enhanced purple thing taking up inventory space..... no upgrade materials and none of my old weapons to use gutted.

Why let me equip a scepter and have the tool tip say its going to increase my damage... if i cant actually cast with it equipped???? This has really soured my experience of the game, and i was having so much fun up until this point.

Comments

• NeihelNeihel
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 960
    Try to contact support or something, they might end up changing your scepter to a staff if you explain this to them
    Jaqqour
  • JetUppercutJetUppercut
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 5,535
    Well at least you can get into 2100 dungeons now, you can buy another blue staff off of the market and just swap weapons once you get in the dungeon. Then you'll have so many epics you won't know what to do with yourself. Might be a hard lesson learned but at least it's not a total waste.
    JaqqourDanDK
  • JaqqourJaqqour
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 200
    Well at least you can get into 2100 dungeons now, you can buy another blue staff off of the market and just swap weapons once you get in the dungeon. Then you'll have so many epics you won't know what to do with yourself. Might be a hard lesson learned but at least it's not a total waste.

Thanks that was a good suggestion, got a epic staff first run (although i was carried hard)
  • BulbasaurBulbasaur
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 2,635
    edited 7:07AM October 23, 2018
    Like I said before to Nexon, MAKE THINGS TRADEABLE.
  • AlexstrazsaAlexstrazsa
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 805
    I don't know why you're able to equip things that aren't for your class in the first place. You couldn't do it in the original, right? And by allowing it, it lets people cheese their way to higher gearscores which is currently an issue for hard dungeons.