May 27th is finally upon us. Please feel free to join us on the last day as the servers come down one by one. More details here: http://forums.maplestory2.nexon.net/discussion/46192
MapleStory 2's servers will be officially closing on May 27th: http://maplestory2.nexon.net/en/news/article/56486/service-discontinuation

World pvp is bad and how to fix it.

Nanachi_CCCPNanachi_CCCP
MapleStory 2 Rep: 2,900
edited 6:52AM October 23, 2018 in Suggestions and Feedback
1. You can escape with flying mount in any pvp map
2. You can escape using portals or character switching at any moment
3. You can escape by jumping in to water and then you fly away,teleport or log off,as far as i know there is no class that can attack you in water
Lets say you finally meet someone that is not going to run away (that is about 0.002% of players) then you can get either perma stunned by some broken class,fight forever using 50% hp potions or berseker's 50% hp return attack

Now,why should anyone even care? Well you need 10000 kills to get title.not 50 not 500 not 5000 but 10000.

After spending 50 hours in pvp maps i got 19 kills 1 death.

So it will take me hundreds of years to get that title in current state,biggest issue are people escaping on mounts, i get them to 3% and they just fly away and log off...
Many do not even go to ground,just fly at highest height,and even if you damage them that does not remove them from mount

Easy part of the solutions first : Remove mounts,potions from pvp and add pvp flag,if you are flagged you can not leave for 30seconds

Hard part of the solution: balance characters but ^ is more important

Comments

• AlexstrazsaAlexstrazsa
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 805
    The easiest solution would simply be to not allow mounts while you're in combat, at least with another player. It's convenient for leveling and PVE content, but it's definitely way to easy to escape a PVP situation currently. And this is coming from someone who doesn't even like PVP and actively avoids it.

As far as combating the "log off" method, they could just do like WoW does and have your character stay in world for 30 seconds after you log off. Not sure how complex that would be on the technical side to implement.
  • ImmortalDreamerImmortalDreamer
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 740
    The issue here is that there are some epic quests that require you to kill things in the PvP maps. Not allowing people to have a way to escape someone who's attack them when they're just trying to do a story quest is a recipe for disaster.
  • DarnHyenaDarnHyena
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 785
    edited 7:04AM October 23, 2018
    Sadly for you guys, does seem like the overall playerbase favors the socializing and PVE side.

Probably doesn't help that the game forces people to dip into the PVP land during the story quest, so that just adds to the people that'll flee when a pvper tries to swoop on in.
  • Nanachi_CCCPNanachi_CCCP
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 2,900
    DarnHyena wrote: »
    Sadly for you guys, does seem like the overall playerbase favors the socializing and PVE side.

Probably doesn't help that the game forces people to dip into the PVP land during the story quest, so that just adds to the people that'll flee when a pvper tries to swoop on in.

And I'm ok with it,it is just that pvpers abuse this,especially mount too.
    If pvper does want 0 deaths,he will just avoid knight perma stun and fly away from anyone :D it is super boring,you do not want to play catch for 15minutes and then see him just teleport out...