Check out the patch notes for the v17 Precursor Update here: http://maplestory2.nexon.net/en/news/article/53778/precursor-update-v17

THIS needs to change. Choosing between items.

MiwakoMiwako
MapleStory 2 Rep: 620
edited 2:35PM October 22, 2018 in Suggestions and Feedback
Picking between 2 items is silly if we can't get the other. ever.

For example, Eerie Hat and Roving Ghost from the Halloween Stamp Event.

Make the other item we didn't pick purchasable in the shop for us to buy with real money.. or something. I encourage you to voice your opinion so Nexon can address this.

It's painful for collectors lol, thanks
UllSpecksLuxAmariMapleMasterMeShadowsBeneaVerloJozarNavokiCariseiLinallaand 1 other.

Comments

• OdeeQOdeeQ
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,570
    I'm okay with having a choice.It's an event with free items. I'm also okay with having the cosmetic be purchasable in the shop or obtainable in a more difficult way.

I just wish there was a way to preview the items while they're in the box.
    SpecksCylilQaradoxicalVerlo
  • MiwakoMiwako
    OdeeQ wrote: »
    I'm okay with having a choice.It's an event with free items. I'm also okay with having the cosmetic be purchasable in the shop or obtainable in a more difficult way.

I just wish there was a way to preview the items while they're in the box.

This is not a concern with "free items" I honestly couldn't care less if I didn't get either for free but had to pay money in the first place, I would pay. I just don't like that I can never get one of the items ever again.

I agree, being unable to preview is a problem..
  • LuxAmariLuxAmari
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 2,745
    Or at least let us try them on so we can decide
    jeenoUllCylilQaradoxicalVerlo
  • NikynoonooNikynoonoo
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,655
    I don't understand this practice in general why make stuff just to take it away? I get to pick one and that's it, but why can't I have both, be able to earn both, or make it so that the costume is obtainable in the store why just rip it away? Old School Runescape makes it so that whenever you show up to a holiday event you will get every item for that event as well as every item from every event prior so if I did the halloween event right now on OSRS with a new account I would get every holiday item from halloween since the game has been out. This is amazing for people who like to feel like they can complete the game because they actually can with this system there is no item that they can just never get again. With that said why make outfits just to rip them away and force us to choose one? Why limit the variety when you've already made the content it's such a waste.
    Miwako
  • DiekeanDiekean
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 530
    Most annoying part of it was I couldn't even click to preview the item so I choose between what I thought looked cooler. Give us the option to preview cosmetic wear besides only being able to do it in the meret shop.
    Miwako
  • MiwakoMiwako
    edited 12:49AM October 23, 2018
    Nikynoonoo wrote: »
    I don't understand this practice in general why make stuff just to take it away? I get to pick one and that's it, but why can't I have both, be able to earn both, or make it so that the costume is obtainable in the store why just rip it away? Old School Runescape makes it so that whenever you show up to a holiday event you will get every item for that event as well as every item from every event prior so if I did the halloween event right now on OSRS with a new account I would get every holiday item from halloween since the game has been out. This is amazing for people who like to feel like they can complete the game because they actually can with this system there is no item that they can just never get again. With that said why make outfits just to rip them away and force us to choose one? Why limit the variety when you've already made the content it's such a waste.

Thank you!! This totally sums up my mindset, it's such a waste to just remove content they have worked so hard on. It is more negative than positive.
    ...Plus I just feel like they're throwing away potential money ..lolol..like c'mon TAKE MY MONEY
  • SyrusMarufujiSyrusMarufuji
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 3,395
    At least let us preview them or trade them in for the other one before the event ends. I didnt know the hat would hide my zerks ponytail.
    MiwakoCylilQaradoxicalVerlo
  • JazzberryJamJazzberryJam
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 770
    I agree with the preview-ing. Although all items have been shown in the event announcement page, their animations haven't. For example, the ghost actually moves around, dissapears, comes back through your head, that's cool and we should have known about it.

As for getting the other items again, well, nobody said you won't be able to. Think about it. How are you getting these items in the first place? Through a halloween event. Which is an event that happens every year. How do you know you won't get the chance next year when there's a great chance they will be bringing the event back, maybe along with some new things too.
    CylilQaradoxical
  • Blackmoth27Blackmoth27
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 630
    previewing the item would be amazing, i think i picked the one that i want but idk i haven't seen the other one yet.
  • EmeraldsEmeralds
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 200
    edited 1:37AM October 24, 2018
    We were supposed to be able to choose? I didn't get that option except for the hat, and I chose the eerie since that's the outfit I wanted, and was the reason I even did the event stuff. The shoes and suit box just dumped the virgin ghost shoes and suit in my outfits inventory without any choice on the matter. Sadly, I didn't even want that one. Now I don't even have a complete outfit.
  • SyrusMarufujiSyrusMarufuji
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 3,395
    edited 3:11AM October 24, 2018
    Think about it. How are you getting these items in the first place? Through a halloween event. Which is an event that happens every year. How do you know you won't get the chance next year when there's a great chance they will be bringing the event back, maybe along with some new things too.

Most games dont recycle their holiday content rewards until many years later. I think it'd be foolish for nexon to do offer the exact same rewards for next year even if its paired with new stuff its just too soon to bring it back, especially launch month stuff.
  • VerloVerlo
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 3,000
    edited 3:11AM October 24, 2018
    +!1000 to previewing items!
  • MiwakoMiwako
  • MiwakoMiwako
  • EzlouEzlou
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 410
    I'm okay with choosing but a great quality of life change would be the ability to preview items while still in the box. It's annoying having to find someone wearing the item to know if I want it.