Check out the patch notes for the v17 Precursor Update here: http://maplestory2.nexon.net/en/news/article/53778/precursor-update-v17
Closed

1 Million Players Event Unfair

Comments

  • ZacharieKimZacharieKim
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 690
    Posts: 15
    Member
    I think it would have been much better if they gave increasing rewards depending on your level. Then it would have given incentive for people to level up while still having something for people who couldn't get to 60.
    Always_HidSpecks
  • 3Rton3Rton
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 720
    Posts: 14
    Member
    Duh it is Nexon and Korean game. Obviously it is to celebrate the elitist minority and not the actual player base.

    If you want to be treated nicely by an online corporation in 21th century better start whaling mate.
  • MarchinBunnyMarchinBunny
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 8,245
    Posts: 545
    Member
    Aynix wrote: »
    Im lvl60, I missed both style crate and free 500 merets because I couldnt log in in those 2 days. Do you see me complaining?

    Whether or not you complain honestly doesn't change whether or not someone else will. And by the way, just logging in is a span of maybe a minute. So even if someone didn't have the time to play, they could still log in, the only exception here would be if they were away and didn't have access at all. Point being, complaining about that would indeed be silly, while complaining about the level requirement, isn't.
  • GretaGreta
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 2,080
    Posts: 65
    Member
    edited 5:25AM October 22, 2018
    Aynix wrote: »
    Im lvl60, I missed both style crate and free 500 merets because I couldnt log in in those 2 days. Do you see me complaining?

    Well this was your issue. But making restriction of 60lvl and saying "Yay! Let's celebrate everyone for getting 1m!", but instead of that 1m, like ~500k managed to get the reward and "celebrate" this.
    Bebop
  • AynixAynix
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 2,085
    Posts: 297
    Member
    No, its not silly. The event last for entire week, why would giveaway work only for that EXACT day?
    BTW calling yourself "dedicated player" while being lvl 32 after 12 days of game being up is more silly. You can literally reach 32lvl in 3h.
  • SkullfuriousSkullfurious
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 730
    Posts: 16
    Member
    edited 7:16AM October 22, 2018
    Aynix wrote: »
    No, its not silly. The event last for entire week, why would giveaway work only for that EXACT day?
    BTW calling yourself "dedicated player" while being lvl 32 after 12 days of game being up is more silly. You can literally reach 32lvl in 3h.

    What a ridiculous opinion to have.

    Just so you're aware: leveling isn't the only feature this game offers and a lot of people simply enjoy building, socializing, and doing fishing / dailies / whatever.

    Stop gatekeeping. I have 3 level 60 characters, all of them in hardmode and geared up but the OP is no less of a hardcore player than I am. We just have different focuses. They clearly play every chance they get and that is what I would call dedicated.
    GretaSpecksLumière
  • AynixAynix
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 2,085
    Posts: 297
    Member
    Aynix wrote: »
    No, its not silly. The event last for entire week, why would giveaway work only for that EXACT day?
    BTW calling yourself "dedicated player" while being lvl 32 after 12 days of game being up is more silly. You can literally reach 32lvl in 3h.

    What a ridiculous opinion to have.

    Just so you're aware: leveling isn't the only feature this game offers and a lot of people simply enjoy building, socializing, and doing fishing / dailies / whatever.

    Stop gatekeeping. I have 3 level 60 characters, all of them in hardmode and geared up but the OP is no less of a hardcore player than I am. We just have different focuses. They clearly play every chance they get and that is what I would call dedicated.

    Just so you are aware, all those things gives exp. He literally needs to play like 20 min/day or afk almost whole time he plays because almost EVERYTHING gives exp in this game and its impossible to have 32lvl after playing for 12 days. I lvled from 56 to 58 just by making my house.
  • SproutiSprouti
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,780
    Posts: 57
    Member
    Aynix wrote: »
    Aynix wrote: »
    No, its not silly. The event last for entire week, why would giveaway work only for that EXACT day?
    BTW calling yourself "dedicated player" while being lvl 32 after 12 days of game being up is more silly. You can literally reach 32lvl in 3h.

    What a ridiculous opinion to have.

    Just so you're aware: leveling isn't the only feature this game offers and a lot of people simply enjoy building, socializing, and doing fishing / dailies / whatever.

    Stop gatekeeping. I have 3 level 60 characters, all of them in hardmode and geared up but the OP is no less of a hardcore player than I am. We just have different focuses. They clearly play every chance they get and that is what I would call dedicated.

    Just so you are aware, all those things gives exp. He literally needs to play like 20 min/day or afk almost whole time he plays because almost EVERYTHING gives exp in this game and its impossible to have 32lvl after playing for 12 days. I lvled from 56 to 58 just by making my house.

    I'm now level 42. I play every day. I do exploration quests, side quests, world bosses. I'm just a slower player. If I could get Nexon Launcher to show me my playtime, you could see that I do play, a lot. I just don't only do story, I haven't rushed, I'm taking my time. Sometimes, like today, I can only play for two hours because I have work. I'm currently eating my lunch and auto performing, which will probably get me to level 43 or maybe 44. The elitist toxic mindset is very discouraging. I want everyone to be treated with respect and kindness and like they are equal parts of this community. That's all. If the event was "Celebrating 1 million dungeon runs!" and it only applied to those level 50 and up for completing hard dungeons I wouldn't be complaining. But the event is over now, nothing changed, so I guess it's time to move on. Maybe the feedback will be helpful in the future.
    GretaSpecksLumière
  • SecrotsSecrots
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 2,475
    Posts: 138
    Member
    I believe the lv60 benchmark has more to do with bots now. Since a lot of bots are getting to 50 with little issue, they only really start getting reported when they attempt to do dungeon runs, so them making it to 60 is a bit less likely. Sucks if this is true because it really should be open to all players, but it might just be a precaution in giving bots too much free stuff.
    Greta
  • MarchinBunnyMarchinBunny
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 8,245
    Posts: 545
    Member
    Aynix wrote: »
    Aynix wrote: »
    No, its not silly. The event last for entire week, why would giveaway work only for that EXACT day?
    BTW calling yourself "dedicated player" while being lvl 32 after 12 days of game being up is more silly. You can literally reach 32lvl in 3h.

    What a ridiculous opinion to have.

    Just so you're aware: leveling isn't the only feature this game offers and a lot of people simply enjoy building, socializing, and doing fishing / dailies / whatever.

    Stop gatekeeping. I have 3 level 60 characters, all of them in hardmode and geared up but the OP is no less of a hardcore player than I am. We just have different focuses. They clearly play every chance they get and that is what I would call dedicated.

    Just so you are aware, all those things gives exp. He literally needs to play like 20 min/day or afk almost whole time he plays because almost EVERYTHING gives exp in this game and its impossible to have 32lvl after playing for 12 days. I lvled from 56 to 58 just by making my house.

    So if I was just in the game working on my house, for example, chatting with people. Even if it gave exp, there is no way it would have brought me to level 60 .. right? So what is your point here exactly? I could probably spend 100s of hours just hanging out with friends and such and still not reach level 60 if I wasn't doing the story. Right?

    I really don't think your arguments here work.
    Sprouti
  • Always_HidAlways_Hid
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 9,900
    Posts: 1,076
    Member
    back to OP's point, yes. it is a bit unfair that the rewards are geared towards capped players rather than everyone. the milestone was for 1 million players, not 1 million capped characters.
    nEwBVnH.gif
    Sprouti3Rton
  • idontreallyknowmanidontreallyknowman
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 3,060
    Posts: 188
    Member
    It's just 8 bucks.
  • Nanachi_CCCPNanachi_CCCP
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 2,900
    Posts: 280
    Member
    Some excuses here are so hard to swallow,like people saying how much they play,25hours every day,meanwhile you can level 8 characters to 60lvl in single day.
    I just play music today and I already got 3 characters to 50+

    You do not mean "i play a lot" you mean "I have the game turned on while i sleep not even bothering with fishing vouchers"

    I'm ok with casuals complaining that they had no time,that is fine but to see you tell me how much you play not even sleeping and you are still level 3,that is just pure troll tier in game where fishing does get you to 60 twice or 3 times in single day.

    >I m casual with no time
    ^ Good,that makes sense,we could give you 50% of the reward or something
    >I play 25 hours every day for 2 weeks now and i m still level 3
    ^ Bad boy,stop it,go to your room and think about what you have done.
  • SproutiSprouti
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,780
    Posts: 57
    Member
    Yeah, I have 150 exploration stars, mastery of music, intermediate fishing, and level 5 on all life skills because I don’t play. My initial point still stands, and some of you really need to evaluate the way you talk to people. Not everyone is the same or plays the same. Playing Maple is all I’ve really been doing in my free time lately. I’m just enjoying different aspects of the game. I don’t see why that’s so hard to believe or why people feel the need to insult me.
    Specks
  • SproutiSprouti
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,780
    Posts: 57
    Member
    I do think all of the conversation that can be had has been had at this point, people have said their peace. Event is over. I think the thread has kind of devolved into people gatekeeping and being otherwise unnecessarily rude so if a moderator wants to lock this I’d be fine with that. I made a point, i stand by it, insult me and claim I don’t play all you want. I wouldn’t be active on the forums if I didn’t care. Hope everyone has a wonderful day and always remember to treat others with the kindness and respect you’d like to receive.
    Specks
  • AxyAxy
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 2,020
    Posts: 85
    Member
    I have a ton of things going on in my life besides a full time job and I have almost 3 characters at 60. It really doesn't take that much to level, especially since you dont even have to be at your computer to level with some options(performing is great for leveling quickly). It takes less than 24 hours of game time to get to max level and even less than that to get from 50-60. The only people who should maybe complain are the ones that just started playing and made the million player milestone possible but won't be getting rewards given the time frame.

    They've given out lots of free stuff since launch, and have been very good with maplestory 2 thus far, and I'm sure this isnt the end of the events where free things will be given out.

    So relax, enjoy the game at your own pace or whatever and please stop making threads like this. The whole game is catered to the casual community practically, if people who are more hardcore(because they have the time) to be get something for them, then so be it. It really shouldn't affect your life in anyway.
  • MarchinBunnyMarchinBunny
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 8,245
    Posts: 545
    Member
    edited 2:40PM October 22, 2018
    Axy wrote: »
    So relax, enjoy the game at your own pace or whatever and please stop making threads like this.

    I don't even understand why people like you bother to even say something like this as if people are not going to complain about things they want to complain about. Have you not been on the internet long?

    Also, it's threads like this that creates change. Literally, the only difference between this thread and any other thread is how many people care and how big of a stink they make it.

    TL;DR ... No, we will make threads about whatever we want because we can.
    Specks
  • MS2IntroductionMS2Introduction
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,440
    Posts: 33
    Member
    edited 4:48PM October 22, 2018
    Facts are that you were aware that you needed to hit cap to receive these awards. Another fact is that you decided not to grind towards that cap in favor of taking it slow and going at your pace. You clearly valued the latter over the merets and chose to sacrifice the event reward to "enjoy the game".

    The only ones I actually sympathize with are the ones who joined maybe a day before the deadline. Twelve days was a hell of a lot of time to hit cap and can easily be done in the span of a day on a fresh character. If you really wanted the 500 merets and other rewards for cap, you would've done it. Clearly that wasn't the case. You knowingly made your decision and then decided to make a thread complaining about how it was unfair? Lol.
    Sprouti wrote: »
    Yeah, I have 150 exploration stars, mastery of music, intermediate fishing, and level 5 on all life skills because I don’t play. My initial point still stands, and some of you really need to evaluate the way you talk to people. Not everyone is the same or plays the same. Playing Maple is all I’ve really been doing in my free time lately. I’m just enjoying different aspects of the game. I don’t see why that’s so hard to believe or why people feel the need to insult me.

    All you've said this whole thread is that you knowingly play Maple in a way that makes you ineligible of getting the prize within the time frame. You made no effort to change the way you play to get the prize, so you didn't get the prize. You only have yourself to blame.

    If you have an issue with the way events are structured, aim them towards future events rather than complaining about an event that you were fully knowledgeable on.
  • MarchinBunnyMarchinBunny
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 8,245
    Posts: 545
    Member
    edited 5:19PM October 22, 2018
    Facts are that you were aware that you needed to hit cap to receive these awards. Another fact is that you decided not to grind towards that cap in favor of taking it slow and going at your pace. You clearly valued the latter over the merets and chose to sacrifice the event reward to "enjoy the game".

    The only ones I actually sympathize with are the ones who joined maybe a day before the deadline. Twelve days was a hell of a lot of time to hit cap and can easily be done in the span of a day on a fresh character. If you really wanted the 500 merets and other rewards for cap, you would've done it. Clearly that wasn't the case. You knowingly made your decision and then decided to make a thread complaining about how it was unfair? Lol.
    Sprouti wrote: »
    Yeah, I have 150 exploration stars, mastery of music, intermediate fishing, and level 5 on all life skills because I don’t play. My initial point still stands, and some of you really need to evaluate the way you talk to people. Not everyone is the same or plays the same. Playing Maple is all I’ve really been doing in my free time lately. I’m just enjoying different aspects of the game. I don’t see why that’s so hard to believe or why people feel the need to insult me.

    All you've said this whole thread is that you knowingly play Maple in a way that makes you ineligible of getting the prize within the time frame. You made no effort to change the way you play to get the prize, so you didn't get the prize. You only have yourself to blame.

    If you have an issue with the way events are structured, aim them towards future events rather than complaining about an event that you were fully knowledgeable on.

    What makes it unfair is you are being told to do something that you don't want to just so you can participate in the celebration that literally has nothing to do with what they are telling you to do. Even though you are also a part of the reason why the celebration event is taking place, yet you don't get to participate cause you play differently.

    That's what makes it unfair. My decision to not bother doesn't change that. Why should I have to change the way I play just to be a part of the game? That is literally the unfair part.

    I think it's important to understand that something can be unfair even if a person decides to not bother with it. It's so sad these sort of things need to be explained to some people.

    Edit: Course fairness is pretty subjective anyway. So why even bother trying to argue with people who don't see it as fair? Not like it's going to get you anywhere.
    SproutiSpecksLumière
  • AxyAxy
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 2,020
    Posts: 85
    Member
    Axy wrote: »
    So relax, enjoy the game at your own pace or whatever and please stop making threads like this.

    I don't even understand why people like you bother to even say something like this as if people are not going to complain about things they want to complain about. Have you not been on the internet long?

    Also, it's threads like this that creates change. Literally, the only difference between this thread and any other thread is how many people care and how big of a stink they make it.

    TL;DR ... No, we will make threads about whatever we want because we can.

    Ok then keep crying over every little thing not going your way, a ton of us will still be here appreciating Nexon actually giving us events like this.
This discussion has been closed.