Check out the patch notes for the v17 Precursor Update here: http://maplestory2.nexon.net/en/news/article/53778/precursor-update-v17

Someone made over 200k merits ripping off my work

Comments

  • shadowgunshadowgun
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,085
    Posts: 36
    Member
    edited 5:32AM October 22, 2018
    63a7068681229029af297101e893cacf.jpg

    Fan Art - by Takumi Oniki used this photo because i cant get an original to work but its the same outfit
  • GretaGreta
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 2,080
    Posts: 65
    Member
    More UGC drama. *sigh*
    This is becoming a meme guys. "Thief's should not be protected!" Like lmao, if you have good proof - they will be banned, so calm down. Just make a report and that's it, no need to make X threads about same crap.
  • DochiDochi
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,795
    Posts: 61
    Member
    shadowgun wrote: »
    63a7068681229029af297101e893cacf.jpg

    Fan Art - by Takumi Oniki used this photo because i cant get an original to work but its the same outfit

    Lol you just proved yourself maybe you should learn how this works better before saying 'you're a thief too'.

    Takumi Oniki is a thief too? You clearly do not understand what it means for content creators on what it means to get your work stolen.
  • shadowgunshadowgun
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,085
    Posts: 36
    Member
    edited 5:45AM October 22, 2018
    Dochi wrote: »
    shadowgun wrote: »
    63a7068681229029af297101e893cacf.jpg

    Fan Art - by Takumi Oniki used this photo because i cant get an original to work but its the same outfit

    Lol you just proved yourself maybe you should learn how this works better before saying 'you're a thief too'.

    Takumi Oniki is a thief too? You clearly do not understand what it means for content creators on what it means to get your work stolen.

    your joking right its fan art he isnt making anything from it. And i only said his name since i didnt draw it. Your complaining about a design that would be used to make money for nexon which is clearly stolen from another video game. So no what you did is not ok and is against the ToS. What annoys me more is you keep calling it your work. Its not you work its an artists from PlatinumGames work.
    TseneZacharieKimIdeghalliaXtony
  • DochiDochi
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,795
    Posts: 61
    Member
    Greta wrote: »
    More UGC drama. *sigh*
    This is becoming a meme guys. "Thief's should not be protected!" Like lmao, if you have good proof - they will be banned, so calm down. Just make a report and that's it, no need to make X threads about same crap.

    They are not getting banned thats why I'm raising this question. AGAIN. Also artists should not be required to go through all the hassle in ord
    shadowgun wrote: »
    Dochi wrote: »
    shadowgun wrote: »
    63a7068681229029af297101e893cacf.jpg

    Fan Art - by Takumi Oniki used this photo because i cant get an original to work but its the same outfit

    Lol you just proved yourself maybe you should learn how this works better before saying 'you're a thief too'.

    Takumi Oniki is a thief too? You clearly do not understand what it means for content creators on what it means to get your work stolen.

    your joking right its fan art he isnt making anything from it. And i only said his name since i didnt draw it. Your complaining about a design that would be used to make money for nexon which is clearly stolen from another video game. So no what you did is not ok and is against the ToS

    I am not going to comment on you any further since you clearly do not know about cosplay or copyright laws involved and what companies are sensitive about it/some let you do it.

    Search it up yourself and stop bothering me unless you are one who ripped off from me thanks.
    SooSoo
  • CyberliskCyberlisk
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,420
    Posts: 93
    Member
    Like I said , UGC is big gray area . But i mean rules on the internet are so impossible to follow. I didn't know that downloading music off the internet was illegal until I saw it on an episode of iCarly way back in like 2013 lol.
  • shadowgunshadowgun
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,085
    Posts: 36
    Member
    edited 5:52AM October 22, 2018
    Dochi wrote: »
    Greta wrote: »
    More UGC drama. *sigh*
    This is becoming a meme guys. "Thief's should not be protected!" Like lmao, if you have good proof - they will be banned, so calm down. Just make a report and that's it, no need to make X threads about same crap.

    They are not getting banned thats why I'm raising this question. AGAIN. Also artists should not be required to go through all the hassle in ord
    shadowgun wrote: »
    Dochi wrote: »
    shadowgun wrote: »
    63a7068681229029af297101e893cacf.jpg

    Fan Art - by Takumi Oniki used this photo because i cant get an original to work but its the same outfit

    Lol you just proved yourself maybe you should learn how this works better before saying 'you're a thief too'.

    Takumi Oniki is a thief too? You clearly do not understand what it means for content creators on what it means to get your work stolen.

    your joking right its fan art he isnt making anything from it. And i only said his name since i didnt draw it. Your complaining about a design that would be used to make money for nexon which is clearly stolen from another video game. So no what you did is not ok and is against the ToS

    I am not going to comment on you any further since you clearly do not know about cosplay or copyright laws involved and what companies are sensitive about it/some let you do it.

    Search it up yourself and stop bothering me unless you are one who ripped off from me thanks.

    Are you really claiming that you can steal outfits from other games as a game company and profit off it. Your acting like its you as a person this benefits but its Nexon making the real money off of it. Games are not permitted to steal other games content without the license. Even though a player made it its still not allowed. And again stop acting like this is your design. Its not your original idea. What makes it funnier is how hypocritical you are. You keep claiming this guy ripped off your design when you in fact ripped off platinum games design.
    GretaTseneZacharieKimIdeghalliabwahSaraneth
  • shadowgunshadowgun
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,085
    Posts: 36
    Member
    edited 6:05AM October 22, 2018
    3) To use UGC properly, please comply with the rules shown below.
    -Users cannot create UGC that infringes on the rights of other parties (rights which include but are not limited to copyright, trademark, portrait, intellectual property, personal information and privacy). MapleStory 2 reserves the right to delete or hide any UGC it deems as infringement on such rights.

    from nexon itself and yes cosplay does infringe copyright laws but creators generally dont mind because its their fans doing it for fun. Same with fan art the key thing being they arnt making them to sell for profit. This design is not original enough to call your own and is protected by copyright. I will be reporting it later for copyright infringement when i get home from work.
    GretaTsene
  • DochiDochi
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,795
    Posts: 61
    Member
    You are actually trolling right now, I never said that I came up with the designs for the outfit but
    shadowgun wrote: »
    3) To use UGC properly, please comply with the rules shown below.
    -Users cannot create UGC that infringes on the rights of other parties (rights which include but are not limited to copyright, trademark, portrait, intellectual property, personal information and privacy). MapleStory 2 reserves the right to delete or hide any UGC it deems as infringement on such rights.

    from nexon itself and yes cosplay does infringe copyright laws but creators generally dont mind because its their fans doing it for fun. Same with fan art the key thing being they arnt making them to sell for profit. This design is not original enough to call your own and is protected by copyright. I will be reporting it later for copyright infringement when i get home from work.

    do whatever you want, you do not know how this industry works at all and you are just trolling. please go report all the UGCS on the forum based on other anime or video games on this forum as well. good luck.
    my main point was some people are stealing from other people's efforts and making merits off them, which is a serious issue. As you said if they view my work as violation, let them take it off, but thats not point of this post and I hope you stop posting more about this and if you give me private msg I will tell you how most companies deal with copyright issues with cosplay and 'grey areas'.
    SooSoo
  • shadowgunshadowgun
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,085
    Posts: 36
    Member
    edited 6:59AM October 22, 2018
    Dochi wrote: »
    You are actually trolling right now, I never said that I came up with the designs for the outfit but
    shadowgun wrote: »
    3) To use UGC properly, please comply with the rules shown below.
    -Users cannot create UGC that infringes on the rights of other parties (rights which include but are not limited to copyright, trademark, portrait, intellectual property, personal information and privacy). MapleStory 2 reserves the right to delete or hide any UGC it deems as infringement on such rights.

    from nexon itself and yes cosplay does infringe copyright laws but creators generally dont mind because its their fans doing it for fun. Same with fan art the key thing being they arnt making them to sell for profit. This design is not original enough to call your own and is protected by copyright. I will be reporting it later for copyright infringement when i get home from work.

    do whatever you want, you do not know how this industry works at all and you are just trolling. please go report all the UGCS on the forum based on other anime or video games on this forum as well. good luck.
    my main point was some people are stealing from other people's efforts and making merits off them, which is a serious issue. As you said if they view my work as violation, let them take it off, but thats not point of this post and I hope you stop posting more about this and if you give me private msg I will tell you how most companies deal with copyright issues with cosplay and 'grey areas'.

    This isnt a gray area this is a game hosted by Nexon who is responsible for all content within the game. Just because a player drew it doesnt make it ok since its still being sold by Nexon. If this wasnt true then why doesnt every game sell a Master Chief outfit or Final Fantasy assets. Because they are not allowed to without permission from the creator. You dont seem to understand this is not like cosplay or fan art because a company is making profit off these designs. And yea it sucks that some are having their designs stolen but you are far from them since you stole your design from Platinum Games.

    "i just gave a direct proof that it is my work. I post up every time i make a new UGC on the blog and you can see i wrote a complaint atricle on it too, are you serious?"

    quote from you this not your work since again you stole the design.
  • DochiDochi
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,795
    Posts: 61
    Member
    http://forums.maplestory2.nexon.net/categories/outfit-designs
    okay. I get your point. go report every single cosplay items sold on outfit designs market. good luck.

    I tried to be civil as possible trying to talk to you about this matter since you clearly do not understand how each companies treat and deal with copyright and cosplay laws but since you are A. Just reading off the book B. Your head seems really thick to actually start any conversation

    I will give you one example of what I would not do. For instance I will never touch Disney or Marvel Cosplay or anything associated with them because they are extremely sensitive to, yes, you are right, copyright stuff. On the other hand most japanese firms are okay with people making small individual artists making 'small' money off their designs and products.

    I'm done talking to you. I hope this helped and if you actually start content creating you might know a little better.
    SooSoo
  • shadowgunshadowgun
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,085
    Posts: 36
    Member
    edited 7:05AM October 22, 2018
    shadowgun wrote: »
    Dochi wrote: »
    You are actually trolling right now, I never said that I came up with the designs for the outfit but
    shadowgun wrote: »
    3) To use UGC properly, please comply with the rules shown below.
    -Users cannot create UGC that infringes on the rights of other parties (rights which include but are not limited to copyright, trademark, portrait, intellectual property, personal information and privacy). MapleStory 2 reserves the right to delete or hide any UGC it deems as infringement on such rights.

    from nexon itself and yes cosplay does infringe copyright laws but creators generally dont mind because its their fans doing it for fun. Same with fan art the key thing being they arnt making them to sell for profit. This design is not original enough to call your own and is protected by copyright. I will be reporting it later for copyright infringement when i get home from work.

    do whatever you want, you do not know how this industry works at all and you are just trolling. please go report all the UGCS on the forum based on other anime or video games on this forum as well. good luck.
    my main point was some people are stealing from other people's efforts and making merits off them, which is a serious issue. As you said if they view my work as violation, let them take it off, but thats not point of this post and I hope you stop posting more about this and if you give me private msg I will tell you how most companies deal with copyright issues with cosplay and 'grey areas'.

    This isnt a gray area this is a game hosted by Nexon who is responsible for all content within the game. Just because a player drew it doesnt make it ok since its still being sold by Nexon. If this wasnt true then why doesnt every game sell a Master Chief outfit or Final Fantasy assets. Because they are not allowed to without permission from the creator. You dont seem to understand this is not like cosplay or fan art because a company is making profit off these designs. And yea it sucks that some are having their designs stolen but you are far from them since you stole your design from Platinum Games.
    Dochi wrote: »
    http://forums.maplestory2.nexon.net/categories/outfit-designs
    okay. I get your point. go report every single cosplay items sold on outfit designs market. good luck.

    I tried to be civil as possible trying to talk to you about this matter since you clearly do not understand how each companies treat and deal with copyright and cosplay laws but since you are A. Just reading off the book B. Your head seems really thick to actually start any conversation

    I will give you one example of what I would not do. For instance I will never touch Disney or Marvel Cosplay or anything associated with them because they are extremely sensitive to, yes, you are right, copyright stuff. On the other hand most japanese firms are okay with people making small individual artists making 'small' money off their designs and products.

    I'm done talking to you. I hope this helped and if you actually start content creating you might know a little better.

    Once again this is NEXON making money of this not you. A game company does have problems with other companies stealing their ideas. THIS IS NOT COSPLAY. If you really cant understand that then I don't know how else to explain it. Also making money off others designs is wrong no matter how small. These big companies dont go after small artists because its to little for them to worry about. And if these companies find out Nexon is profiting from their assets Nexon is a much bigger target to get money from.
    AlexofpieTsene
  • CyberliskCyberlisk
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,420
    Posts: 93
    Member
    That's the issue though , the money is going to Nexon , not you. Nexon gives you points in their game but those points have no real world value , meanwhile somebody else spent real money to purchase a design ,posted by you in a game made by Nexon. Why aren't the anime companies taking action? Well it's their choice if they want to contact Nexon about a removal or not . Nexon will only remove something if THEY deem it to be copyrighted. But now we're on a different topic from the OP.
    GretaAlexofpieMarchinBunny
  • shadowgunshadowgun
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,085
    Posts: 36
    Member
    Cyberlisk wrote: »
    That's the issue though , the money is going to Nexon , not you. Nexon gives you points in their game but those points have no real world value , meanwhile somebody else spent real money to purchase a design ,posted by you in a game made by Nexon. Why aren't the anime companies taking action? Well it's their choice if they want to contact Nexon about a removal or not . Nexon will only remove something if THEY deem it to be copyrighted. But now we're on a different topic from the OP.

    It did get off topic my original point was just that he is complaining somebody stole his design when he in turn did the same thing. Its hypocritical if you ask me. But for those with original designs then this is not ok and Nexon needs to put a stop to it.
  • DochiDochi
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,795
    Posts: 61
    Member
    shadowgun wrote: »
    Cyberlisk wrote: »
    That's the issue though , the money is going to Nexon , not you. Nexon gives you points in their game but those points have no real world value , meanwhile somebody else spent real money to purchase a design ,posted by you in a game made by Nexon. Why aren't the anime companies taking action? Well it's their choice if they want to contact Nexon about a removal or not . Nexon will only remove something if THEY deem it to be copyrighted. But now we're on a different topic from the OP.

    It did get off topic my original point was just that he is complaining somebody stole his design when he in turn did the same thing. Its hypocritical if you ask me. But for those with original designs then this is not ok and Nexon needs to put a stop to it.

    I complained someone stole my work. not my design. if I did say design in any of my post that was a mistake. doesn't change the fact someone stole from my work. and you are completely wrong on that I did same thing as he did, for I DREW based upon the original design but he copy pasted my work PIXEL to PIXEL. I made an whats so called as derivative works while he did not make the derivative of the work but just copy pasted the derivative work that i made. do you see the difference?
    SooSoo
  • LuminaEdgeLuminaEdge
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 8,435
    Posts: 361
    Member
    @Dochi

    Don't argue with them about the cosplay aspect. I feel like a couple of them are trying to derail the thread to get it locked.

    We need to keep focus on the real issue, people are ripping off not just yours, but EVERYONE's work with 3rd party programs.

    Lots of western artists, original designs or otherwise are having their art ripped using a 3rd party tool in addition to eastern artists.

    Also, to answer one of your questions. There is 3rd party programs being used to rip models from the game and this has NOT been fixed yet. Our art communities have been trying nonstop to get nexon to address it.So far we've gotten a report function for stolen designs added but we haven't seen results from reporting people yet.
    DochiWliaSpecksSooSooNunah
  • DetrivanceDetrivance
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 2,235
    Posts: 55
    Forum Moderator
    If the derailing of this thread continues we will be locking it. Keep on track and only talk about the main concern of designs being stolen from other people.

    There are going to always be concepts that people borrow from other places for their designs but as long as they put their own personal touch on it and it falls within the UGC guidelines it should be fine for the game.
    ReziDocDoomDochiBakaAnikiWliaEinoCryoGXSooSooNunah
  • shadowgunshadowgun
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,085
    Posts: 36
    Member
    LuminaEdge wrote: »
    @Dochi

    Don't argue with them about the cosplay aspect. I feel like a couple of them are trying to derail the thread to get it locked.

    We need to keep focus on the real issue, people are ripping off not just yours, but EVERYONE's work with 3rd party programs.

    Lots of western artists, original designs or otherwise are having their art ripped using a 3rd party tool in addition to eastern artists.

    Also, to answer one of your questions. There is 3rd party programs being used to rip models from the game and this has NOT been fixed yet. Our art communities have been trying nonstop to get nexon to address it.So far we've gotten a report function for stolen designs added but we haven't seen results from reporting people yet.

    A good way to fix this would be unique templates for for global. It would help to if they were cooler templates as well but you cant steal templates from other versions if they dont have them.
    ReziTamakiSakura
  • idontreallyknowmanidontreallyknowman
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 3,060
    Posts: 188
    Member
    FeverJaws wrote: »
    Dochi wrote: »
    Hello! I am better known as Aiorol in Korean Server, but in NA East server I go by name AsunaYuuki. (yeah I'm a sao fan)

    I did not realize till now since I was trying to post up some of my templates that I already created one by one, and I found out that someone was somehow ( I NEVER GAVE IT) to anyone and he made over 200k merits over the market store.

    I HAVE NO IDEA HOW and the fact that they are a best seller in whole NA East server is not acceptable.

    This is one example but he ripped off EVERY SINGLE THING he sold

    -redacted Screenshots-

    yes, they are exactly the same.

    https://m.blog.naver.com/PostView.nhn?blogId=rkghkskfk&logNo=221319114788&categoryNo=0&proxyReferer=&proxyReferer=https://www.google.com/

    This is a post made before the sale in Korean Server.

    I also see millions of artwork that is being ripped off from other people and being sold, and see people making a profit off them, and I reported hundreds of them and see them not being taken off when they are being sold like hot cakes.

    I really hope nexon takes this issues seriously since whenever I have time(Im around 5k gear score and in end game content stage) I am making new music or making clothes. Please no
    we are too busy dealing with too much stuff
    > if you have a successful game and need more people, get more people to monitor them.

    Also some people are posting hentai posters in tria and places which never gets taken down. Please take care of these issues... Thanks!


    and how do you know you should have made 200k? which i highly doubt u would. and also that person might have been the first one to make them? do u have any proof that u made it actually? or are you just a troll?

    also korean servers and NA has no relation. if u have it on one server that doesnt matter. its not on NA or Korean server. if either is made for one. but again. if u can't prove its you who made it. then your in bigger trouble.

    also i am not defending people who do Rip off others. but it's hard to find out who actually made it. and also lets be honest you're stealing original conceptions from Nier.

    You are so far out of line that it's sad.
    SooSoo
  • ShadowsBeneaShadowsBenea
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 3,880
    Posts: 457
    Member
    Kats wrote: »
    Ardawn wrote: »
    Don't expect this to be taken well on the forums from mods. Name dropping is heavily frowned upon. I sympathize with you, but there's a better way to bring this to the mods attention.

    I personally find this stupid. When it comes to someone stealing their work, names should, in my honest opinion, be made public, it should be known, it shouldn't be silenced.
    Besides, the person in question, like I stated above, most likely made a thread themselves.
    I'm not 100% sure its the person in question but, a bit too much of a coincidence as I do not think all that many people have got over 200k from sales. :p

    http://forums.maplestory2.nexon.net/discussion/40795/i-cant-find-the-top-designer-trophy/p1
    The thread I'm referring to.

    This, While I understand why they do it I don't agree with name dropping not being okay. Though the best way to get a hold of them is via a support ticket or possibly even messaging Cuddles personally on here or discord.

    support ticket location if needed
    DochiHyzen