Check out the patch notes for the v17 Precursor Update here: http://maplestory2.nexon.net/en/news/article/53778/precursor-update-v17

Someone made over 200k merits ripping off my work

Comments

• DochiDochi
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,795
    just heard back from nexon. I do not get to hear back?

Hello Mapler,

Thank you for contacting Nexon Player Support.

We appreciate you taking a proactive role in keeping our game from players that are violating the game. Our investigations team will review your report and determine the appropriate actions.

Unfortunately, we will be unable to discuss any punitive actions made on another account with you.

I assure you that all reports are taken seriously and thoroughly investigated.

Please note that your ticket will be set to solved as we are unable to discuss player reports further. Also, the ticket status does not determine if any action was taken on the accused account.

I apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused. If you require assistance with another issue, please create a new ticket with a detailed explanation of the issue.
    Sincerely,

Sr. GM Zangero
    Nexon Player Support

Security Tip: Please do not give your password, PIN, or PIC number to anyone for any reason. Nexon Player Support representatives will NEVER ask you for your password, PIN, or PIC.

OK.
  • DigitalcatDigitalcat
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,960
    edited 3:42AM October 22, 2018
    Cyberlisk wrote: »
    I dunno , do you work in the game industry? I don't but I mean I don't know any company that has a volunteer crew looking over it's UGC, if it's such a good idea why is nobody doing it? So there must be some legal implication behind it then.

If you want to volunteer , you can always hit that report button on UGC you believe to be stolen or against any form of ToS. Is that any different from this "volunteer" position you're talking about?

Good question, the volunteer team would have a more direct link with the staff of the game, being able to directly report said content as stolen and able to provide proof, let that be through a reports they have received and investigated from a user or happened to stumble on by them selves, mind you, this would take time to implement and would require a system where users can appeal content as stolen to this new team. They would do the investigation and in turn would have a actual staff member look at the proof presented and they would do the final banning from the UGC part of the game, this would offload a lot of work from the staff.

Regarding to your first question, there are plenty of other game service providers like nexon that have In game moderators on a volunteer basis, but with the catch of having to sign a NDA to prevent sensitive information being released, I don't see why we can't do this for this new volunteer team either.

But lets come to reason here for a second, these are after all suggestions and don't need to be implemented precisely or at all, it is after all up to the staff. :P
  • CyberliskCyberlisk
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,415
    edited 3:30AM October 22, 2018
    If they deem your case worthy you could get compensation . No they can't tell you if the other player gets punished , legal stuff. I dont know any online game that tells you when someone you reported gets banned. Also I don't think we're supposed to share GM replies to tickets here.

@Digitalcat I guess your idea is solid then . Maybe pitch it to em directly maybe they've been scratching their heads this whole time wondering what to do and you can save em! . Unfortunately Nexon can't tell you why they can't do it , cause again .. legal stuff .
  • DochiDochi
    If they deem your case worthy you could get compensation . No they can't tell you if the other player gets punished , legal stuff. I dont know any online game that tells you when someone you reported gets banned. Also I don't think we're supposed to share GM replies to tickets here.

I would if this is not a serious issue within their internal system somehow. the biggest problem here is they somehow HACKED the system to get these and i do not see any artists who are willing to make any UGCs if their system is this easily broken. This is extremely serious issue.

UGC content creating is a kind of thing that is considered as end game content in maplestory 2 just like dungeon runs. If you are allowed to hack and take other people's work to their advantage this is not as different as someone just hacking through the dungeons and getting epic gear in tronix every run.

I am trying to ask nexon on HOW did this guy get it. Its obvious that their system has issues(not just my work but there are many other works out there I saw back on KR server that is here SOMEHOw and when I contact them they cannot give me a direct response on how they got the templates.

Many Orginial Artists, including ones from other servers like Korea and China, do NOT KNOW their artwork is being stolen. If this does not get solved soon I am going to have to raise these issues on other servers as well
    EleryaHyzen
  • CyberliskCyberlisk
    Of course they can't reveal it to you..... If somebody hacked an ATM and stole all the money do you think the bank will tell everyone how that person did it? XD
    DragonicWolf
  • DigitalcatDigitalcat

@Digitalcat I guess your idea is solid then . Maybe pitch it to em directly maybe they've been scratching their heads this whole time wondering what to do and you can save em! . Unfortunately Nexon can't tell you why they can't do it , cause again .. legal stuff .

Hopefully they'll just read this topic and see how passionate people are about this, and really want it to change.
  • DochiDochi
    FeverJaws wrote: »
    Dochi wrote: »
    Hello! I am better known as Aiorol in Korean Server, but in NA East server I go by name AsunaYuuki. (yeah I'm a sao fan)

I did not realize till now since I was trying to post up some of my templates that I already created one by one, and I found out that someone was somehow ( I NEVER GAVE IT) to anyone and he made over 200k merits over the market store.

I HAVE NO IDEA HOW and the fact that they are a best seller in whole NA East server is not acceptable.

This is one example but he ripped off EVERY SINGLE THING he sold

-redacted Screenshots-

yes, they are exactly the same.

https://m.blog.naver.com/PostView.nhn?blogId=rkghkskfk&logNo=221319114788&categoryNo=0&proxyReferer=&proxyReferer=https://www.google.com/

This is a post made before the sale in Korean Server.

I also see millions of artwork that is being ripped off from other people and being sold, and see people making a profit off them, and I reported hundreds of them and see them not being taken off when they are being sold like hot cakes.

I really hope nexon takes this issues seriously since whenever I have time(Im around 5k gear score and in end game content stage) I am making new music or making clothes. Please no
    we are too busy dealing with too much stuff
    > if you have a successful game and need more people, get more people to monitor them.

Also some people are posting hentai posters in tria and places which never gets taken down. Please take care of these issues... Thanks!

and how do you know you should have made 200k? which i highly doubt u would. and also that person might have been the first one to make them? do u have any proof that u made it actually? or are you just a troll?

also korean servers and NA has no relation. if u have it on one server that doesnt matter. its not on NA or Korean server. if either is made for one. but again. if u can't prove its you who made it. then your in bigger trouble.

also i am not defending people who do Rip off others. but it's hard to find out who actually made it. and also lets be honest you're stealing original conceptions from Nier.

I have a blog that I post things up, the link on the orginial post, whenver I create new gear. and all the other items that I am selling on my website are gears that are also on the blog and I have login credentials for this.

http://blog.naver.com/rkghkskfk/221382462270

This is post that I updated.

Furthermore, I am not down to answer any other questions you have for me because these can be answered yourself and I do not see the point of asking or you are just trolling
  • DochiDochi
    Of course they can't reveal it to you..... If somebody hacked an ATM and stole all the money do you think the bank will tell everyone how that person did it? XD

its not same as hacking an ATM. ITs more like the bank's security system has major flaws in their system and the hacker has possibility of hacking the whole entire system to take advatange of EVERYONe. its a lot more bigger problem than just that.

What I want to know in order of interest is this

1. HOW DID HE GET MY UGC and IS IT FIXED (As you said, i'd be more interested in if this is an issue that nexon can handle or not)
    2. How is this guy going to be punished
    3. Compensation available if can

Compensation actually come last of my interest. I do not know about you much if you are a creater for anything, but whenever I get things taken or ANY other artists know that the system is flawed and people can rip their things off, NOONE will be interested in UGC anymore. This is an extremely serious issue.
  • CyberliskCyberlisk
    There is a process to everything , and there are rules . Remember you don't work behind the desk , you don't actually have to "solve" the problem . They do. Let them solve it . Sitting here begging for answers to things they already clearly said they cannot answer gets you no where. And drags this post too far along.
  • DochiDochi
    There is a process to everything , and there are rules . Remember you don't work behind the desk , you don't actually have to "solve" the problem . They do. Let them solve it . Sitting here begging for answers to things they already clearly said they cannot answer gets you no where. And drags this post too far along.

I do not think you know the big reason why I posted this up, I am trying to bring attention to the whole community the system can be hacked moreover my problem and people made money off this and that nexon is not doing great work identifying these people nor getting them punished. I see a lot of ripped off art that were posted more than 10 days ago and some idiots even going to extent that they are doing '100k merit' giveaways based upon their sales from these products. Since you said no name calling I won't but you need to know im not 'crying' in forum right now but more over trying to raise attention to an issue that Nexon obviously do not take seriously.
  • FeverJawsFeverJaws
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,730
    Hello! I am better known as Aiorol in Korean Server, but in NA East server I go by name AsunaYuuki. (yeah I'm a sao fan)

I did not realize till now since I was trying to post up some of my templates that I already created one by one, and I found out that someone was somehow ( I NEVER GAVE IT) to anyone and he made over 200k merits over the market store.

I HAVE NO IDEA HOW and the fact that they are a best seller in whole NA East server is not acceptable.

-redacted Screenshots-

https://m.blog.naver.com/PostView.nhn?blogId=rkghkskfk&logNo=221319114788&categoryNo=0&proxyReferer=&proxyReferer=https://www.google.com/

I also see millions of artwork that is being ripped off from other people and being sold, and see people making a profit off them, and I reported hundreds of them and see them not being taken off when they are being sold like hot cakes.

I really hope nexon takes this issues seriously since whenever I have time(Im around 5k gear score and in end game content stage) I am making new music or making clothes. Please no
    > if you have a successful game and need more people, get more people to monitor them.

Also some people are posting hentai posters in tria and places which never gets taken down. Please take care of these issues... Thanks!

and how do you know you should have made 200k? which i highly doubt u would. and also that person might have been the first one to make them? do u have any proof that u made it actually? or are you just a troll?

also korean servers and NA has no relation. if u have it on one server that doesnt matter. its not on NA or Korean server. if either is made for one. but again. if u can't prove its you who made it. then your in bigger trouble.

also i am not defending people who do Rip off others. but it's hard to find out who actually made it. and also lets be honest you're stealing original conceptions from Nier.

I have a blog that I post things up, the link on the orginial post, whenver I create new gear. and all the other items that I am selling on my website are gears that are also on the blog and I have login credentials for this.

Furthermore, I am not down to answer any other questions you have for me because these can be answered yourself and I do not see the point of asking or you are just trolling

the way u write to people is very suspicious. so i am gonna keep thinking your not the original owner. so i hope u get a ban for lying
  • DocDoomDocDoom
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,265

I do not think you know the big reason why I posted this up, I am trying to bring attention to the whole community the system can be hacked moreover my problem and people made money off this and that nexon is not doing great work identifying these people nor getting them punished. I see a lot of ripped off art that were posted more than 10 days ago and some idiots even going to extent that they are doing '100k merit' giveaways based upon their sales from these products. Since you said no name calling I won't but you need to know im not 'crying' in forum right now but more over trying to raise attention to an issue that Nexon obviously do not take seriously.

It is a huge problem, but every member has the right of privacy even being a scammer, people need to be treated as equals despite the fraud, this is a really delicate report since Nexon doesn't have the ability to acknowledge everything you've made on other servers, how does that not imply that your styles weren't based on other peoples work, how does that, by any means, doesn't make your outfits an ripoff of other KMS user? Don't get me wrong, I'm just assuming how the support will be looking further your complaint.

You have to understand that it's not a matter of taking seriously or not, is about making the right call being that this matter is really delicate when it comes to punishment.
  • DochiDochi

-redacted Screenshots-

the way u write to people is very suspicious. so i am gonna keep thinking your not the original owner. so i hope u get a ban for lying

?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????? what are you talking about?
    i just gave a direct proof that it is my work. I post up every time i make a new UGC on the blog and you can see i wrote a complaint atricle on it too, are you serious?
  • DigitalcatDigitalcat
    edited 4:14AM October 22, 2018

-redacted Screenshots-

?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????? what are you talking about?
    i just gave a direct proof that it is my work. I post up every time i make a new UGC on the blog and you can see i wrote a complaint atricle on it too, are you serious?

Regardless lad, there is no point to continue posting this on the forum, I think the message has come across and you even contacted Nexon on this, rather then keeping posting about this publicly, PM a moderator about this if you find this pressing and want some sort of closure if it can be given.

You're allowed of course voice complains, and I'd imagine it's what this thread was about, but we really can't help you, but the staff perhaps can. It's sad that your stuff got stolen, and I do understand where you're coming from.
  • CyberliskCyberlisk
    Ya'll need to stop quoting though lol .
    Nunah
  • GinsamaGinsama
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,930
    I dunno , do you work in the game industry? I don't but I mean I don't know any company that has a volunteer crew looking over it's UGC, if it's such a good idea why is nobody doing it? So there must be some legal implication behind it then.

If you want to volunteer , you can always hit that report button on UGC you believe to be stolen or against any form of ToS. Is that any different from this "volunteer" position you're talking about?

Bro I'll make it really simple: Money
    Game companies and corporations are notoriously cheap when it comes to these sorts of things. They /could/ get a team of volunteers, sure, but who manages them, who makes sure they are doing their job correctly, and not just slapping the button on everything that comes across their desk?

ok ok. So maybe they don't need a TEAM. They just need a couple good people to spend 4 hours a day checking over submissions in the design shop

Lets take bare minimum 20 hours a week for, well , 3 employees most. Just some eyeballs on the images coming through and some time researching their source.

LA Minimum wage is 15 dollars x 20 hours a week x52 weeks

You've just dropped 15,600 on three employees whose jobs can be accomplished in the non-busy time of your currently hired GM's, before taxes.

"Oh but Nexon makes tons of money off all their sales of cash items right?". I'd think this too given that some douchebag made 200,000 merets on questionably original work(it's personally insulting to me there is even a title for 200,000 meret profit like anyone who DOESN'T make cosplay items is going to get anywhere NEAR that amount)

https://www.gamasutra.com/view/news/314264/Layoffs_at_Nexon_America_after_company_restructuring.php

I don't have NExon's books, and I'm too tired to look up server costs.... just at a basic level, each of Nexon's games have several servers and /multiple channels within those servers, each of which cost money to maintain. Maple 2 alone has something like 60 channels each for 5 servers. Thats a huge chunk of change. Then you have to worry about DDoS attacks, the cost of developing the server software itself for each region's network infrastructure, regular maintenance, equipment failure, etc... and lets not forget the TAXES of that all.

While you or I might see 15,600 as a necessary drop of cash, a business man sees that as possible resources to be put elsewhere. A PROPER businessman anyway. It's not overwhelmingly important for that businessman to put up that kind of money on an issue that only comes up if a lawsuit happens, and they have already covered their ass on being sued for anything related to UGC by putting the responsibility on players to be original or get banned. That's money taht can be better put /gaining profit/ rather than /mitigating non-existent losses/.

For that matter, lets get into the current UGC market and how it operates

Just opening the MEret Market on US West, I see about 5-8 clear violations on the top page alone. If its not named for an anime character, it's outright using someone elses work, likeness, or other data. All unedited anime pictures? All illegal. The Waifus house in US West? A MASSIVE amount of stolen content. MEmes? Did you draw it yourself? No? Illegal.

Yet each and every one cost a dollar to upload and distribute on the platform. It's even better if the person doing this is listing several items on the design shop as each of those listings cost an additional 30 cents or more to have listed. That's money in the bank regardless of how many refunds you have to send; the refunds are in Merets, so anyone who gets the refund is just gonna drop it on something just as stupid as what they bought the first time.

All of it for the cost of a little bandwidth and less than a megabyte of data in most cases. It's a MASSIVE Meret sink, and a pitfall trap for people who don't read the rules. They have no reason to actively discourage people from uploading whatever they want... the longer they wait to enforce their rules, the more money they make on the lazy, stupid, and uncaring. I almost respect it, and I would respect it if it didn't make it very difficult for the people who shed their blood, sweat and tears on making good original/semi-original (I give props to this guy for his work on the 2b outfit if he really did make it himself) work that follows the proper rules to actually get a slice of that Meret pie.

And sure, I'm just as guilty... Only design shop item I've ever bought is the Shy Mask, and I fear every day for it's continued survival on the market given how rampant copyright infringement is and whether it will get unfairly caught in the eventual Mass Deletion Wave that is most assurdely coming for copyrighted content. /That said, I know I will be getting a refund if it does, so I was more inclined to actually drop the meret/ than on anything actually original... because items from Style Crate or even from character creation all fit my character more than the flat textures of most UGC.

Overall what I'm saying is that dropping money on enforcing UGC would be money that could not only be better spent, but would most likely lose them money in the end. The market is already optimized for personal profit than promoting creators. IF a solution were to be put forward that /increases/ profit rather than most likely kill it while supporting creators, it would be implemented ASAP and put in the promotional material. It's just a smarter business option from the perspective of numbers to let it go as long as possible, whether or not that comes to bite Maple 2 in the end remains to be seen.
    Dochi6480DragonicWolf
  • DochiDochi
    Ya'll need to stop quoting though lol .

yea....... I agree. Also adding onto DigitalCat, yes, mainly I was complaining but moreover I thought community needed to take this issue more seriously and that system has a critical breach that all UGC creaters need to know about.
  • GinsamaGinsama
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,930

its not same as hacking an ATM. ITs more like the bank's security system has major flaws in their system and the hacker has possibility of hacking the whole entire system to take advatange of EVERYONe. its a lot more bigger problem than just that.

1. HOW DID HE GET MY UGC and IS IT FIXED (As you said, i'd be more interested in if this is an issue that nexon can handle or not)

Compensation actually come last of my interest. I do not know about you much if you are a creater for anything, but whenever I get things taken or ANY other artists know that the system is flawed and people can rip their things off, NOONE will be interested in UGC anymore. This is an extremely serious issue.

You can pull the texture from your graphics card RAM while the game is running. Unpatchable. That said, if you can provide your original file to be compared to the stolen work, such as a PSD to be put against their uploaded PNG, you can easily prove you made the item. Especially if you signature it outside the template.

CAse 1. Signature still there
    -You have the original PSD. Proven

Case 2. Signature isn't there
    -The content thief removed it from their version of the file, and most likely left traces of such. Regardless, you have the original PSD to prove that it should be there and the person modified your content. Proven.
  • DochiDochi

Ginsama wrote: »

You can pull the texture from your graphics card RAM while the game is running. Unpatchable. That said, if you can provide your original file to be compared to the stolen work, such as a PSD to be put against their uploaded PNG, you can easily prove you made the item. Especially if you signature it outside the template.

CAse 1. Signature still there
    -You have the original PSD. Proven

Case 2. Signature isn't there
    -The content thief removed it from their version of the file, and most likely left traces of such. Regardless, you have the original PSD to prove that it should be there and the person modified your content. Proven.

hmmmmmmm I sent it already and reply above is what I've got. I did not have a signiture before I actually sent it to them(just in case they 'release' files somehow..
    I never expected them to be able to just rip off from my work that easily. I did send them the original files
  • shadowgunshadowgun
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,085
    edited 5:25AM October 22, 2018
    The real original is 2Bs outfit in Nier Automata so dont go acting like this is your original work. Your a thief just as much as they are.
    ZacharieKimSaranethAnOldGeezer