Check out the patch notes for the v18 Kritias Expansion here: http://forums.maplestory2.nexon.net/discussion/45974

Someone made over 200k merits ripping off my work

DochiDochi
MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,795
edited 4:27PM October 22, 2018 in General Chat
Hello! I am better known as Aiorol in Korean Server, but in NA East server I go by name AsunaYuuki. (yeah I'm a sao fan)

I did not realize till now since I was trying to post up some of my templates that I already created one by one, and I found out that someone was somehow ( I NEVER GAVE IT) to anyone and he made over 200k merits over the market store.

I HAVE NO IDEA HOW and the fact that they are a best seller in whole NA East server is not acceptable.

This is one example but he ripped off EVERY SINGLE THING he sold

6eg3CvT.jpg
20181021-230943-03.jpg

yes, they are exactly the same.

https://m.blog.naver.com/PostView.nhn?blogId=rkghkskfk&logNo=221319114788&categoryNo=0&proxyReferer=&proxyReferer=https://www.google.com/

This is a post made before the sale in Korean Server.

I also see millions of artwork that is being ripped off from other people and being sold, and see people making a profit off them, and I reported hundreds of them and see them not being taken off when they are being sold like hot cakes.

I really hope nexon takes this issues seriously since whenever I have time(Im around 5k gear score and in end game content stage) I am making new music or making clothes. Please no
we are too busy dealing with too much stuff
> if you have a successful game and need more people, get more people to monitor them.

Also some people are posting hentai posters in tria and places which never gets taken down. Please take care of these issues... Thanks!
DanDKUllEleryaIritokiBakaAnikiidontreallyknowmanConsolableShadowsBeneahipDragonicWolfand 23 others.

Comments

• KatsKats
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 4,590
    Had a feeling they had stolen the designs they were selling lol.
    They even made a post here on forum just hours ago asking about the Top Designer title/badge lol
    UllidontreallyknowmanShadowsBeneaDanteYoda
  • ArdawnArdawn
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,215
    Don't expect this to be taken well on the forums from mods. Name dropping is heavily frowned upon. I sympathize with you, but there's a better way to bring this to the mods attention.
    Greta
  • KatsKats
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 4,590
    edited 8:35PM October 21, 2018
    Ardawn wrote: »
    Don't expect this to be taken well on the forums from mods. Name dropping is heavily frowned upon. I sympathize with you, but there's a better way to bring this to the mods attention.

I personally find this stupid. When it comes to someone stealing their work, names should, in my honest opinion, be made public, it should be known, it shouldn't be silenced.
    Besides, the person in question, like I stated above, most likely made a thread themselves.
    I'm not 100% sure its the person in question but, a bit too much of a coincidence as I do not think all that many people have got over 200k from sales. :p

http://forums.maplestory2.nexon.net/discussion/40795/i-cant-find-the-top-designer-trophy/p1
    The thread I'm referring to.
    NikynoonooJozarAlilatiasTseneIdeghalliaUllRaphaelOnealSeekerScorpioEleryaZacharieKimand 30 others.
  • MidbossMidboss
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 3,340
    Similar to other players, the best advice I have is to create a ticket on the website. You should hear from some mod, verse just reporting clothes. I hope in cases this like, the mods can give those merits to the official creator. I wonder how West/East artists are feeling that there clothes could be sold in the other server ripped off them.
  • AlilatiasAlilatias
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 965
    edited 9:47PM October 21, 2018
    Ardawn wrote: »

Normally, I'd be inclined to agree.

But this offender is making merets through art theft, peddling literally stolen wares to unsuspecting players. Not just any art theft, but this is spanning across multiple versions of Maplestory 2. Aside from botting and hacking, this is also the kind of stuff that Nexon needs to come down hard on. Make an example of this fool.

At the very least, the more people know about this, the more people will be aware of the real artists and buy it from them instead.
    TseneJozarSeekerScorpioZacharieKimIritokiReziidontreallyknowmanBlucluekrimzixytheSpecksand 9 others.
  • PopagandicePopagandice
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 645
    mods really should be looking at this
    CylilxXCattXx
  • ConspiConspi
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 595
    They should really crack down on it, they are probably working on something.

Ahh, people love to just ruin everything.

I wonder if they should just outright ban people for stealing other peoples' designs.

They KNOW what they're doing and Nexon has already warned us about it..
    TseneCylilSpecksQtzaayamid
  • TseneTsene
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 4,475
    edited 10:43PM October 21, 2018
    Some heavy bans should be considered to make people reconsider violating copyright laws. Maybe anyone who gets banned because of stolen UGC (whether it's originally made by a player or is some anime screenshot) should just be unable to sell anything ever again on design shop? And make it account wide.
    LuminaEdgeUllIritokiFantasykittenReziidontreallyknowmanBluclueIdeghalliaSpecksbwahand 5 others.
  • UllUll
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,655
    edited 12:00AM October 22, 2018
    there is a player with the same name on NA West, they may be selling your items there as well
    Tsene wrote: »
    Some heavy bans should be considered to make people reconsider violating copyright laws. Maybe anyone who gets banned because of stolen UGC (whether it's originally made by a player or is some anime screenshot) should just be unable to sell anything ever again on design shop? And make it account wide.

no. permaban them. ip ban them.
    send a message that stealing other peoples work isn't going to fly.

making it so they cant sell again doesn't do anything about the 200k merets they've made off with in this case, or etc. in any other.
    JozarAieSyrusMarufujiTseneZacharieKimIritokiBlucluePoofcatSpecksbwahand 4 others.
  • mirta000mirta000
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 8,275
    http://forums.maplestory2.nexon.net/discussion/comment/120267#Comment_120267

welcome to thread. There are a lot of people trying their best to bring attention to the issue that Nexon is ignoring.
  • SyrusMarufujiSyrusMarufuji
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 3,395
    I really hope this issue gets resolved soon
  • TeirdalinTeirdalin
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 675
    I really hope this issue gets resolved soon

From what I've been seeing, I have my doubts that it will.
  • DigitalcatDigitalcat
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,960
    edited 2:13AM October 22, 2018
    Honestly I really think they should get a separate team for this, or at least make it much more of a pressing issue, as the playerbase increases problems like these will become more common, having a team just dedicated about Custom Content Theft and giving them the rights of stopping those, restricting access to making any new content to offenders, and taking away any merets earned from that content if it's found to be stolen.

But let's look at this for a second, no matter what economy this happens on, let it be on Maple Story, Steam or really any other platform where players can sell their content, theft has happened. Not that we should ever accept this, and as much effort as possible can be made should be put into stopping it, but it's a really tough system to tackle.

I don't think stealing content warrants a perm ban as much of a despised thing it is among the community, but it definitely is worth a ban from the UGC aspect of the game.

Or perhaps what could also work if we look back to the idea of making a separate team for it, is that we'll take some of the top UGC creators, or perhaps people from the forums, create a voluntary team with the power to temporarily remove content from the UGC store and have a more direct line with the staff so they can be made aware and can further review it and ban if needed be.
  • CyberliskCyberlisk
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,420
    edited 2:28AM October 22, 2018
    You can't name drop because innocent until proven guilty in the court of Nexon . But anyways , expect your UGC to be stolen . Anywhere were there is user generated content even if there's no profit involved people still steal . (Deviant Art , VRChat , etc) . It's just something that kinda can't be solved without making the entire process of posting / buying UGC way too complex and not user friendly.

The only way they can monitor this kinda stuff is to pay people to sit in HQ 24/7 and browse UGC . And no company is going to do that, heck they cant even pay to have security guards in some shopping malls on Sundays.
  • DigitalcatDigitalcat
    edited 2:42AM October 22, 2018
    Cyberlisk wrote: »
    You can't name drop because innocent until proven guilty in the court of Nexon . But anyways , expect your UGC to be stolen . Anywhere were there is user generated content even if there's no profit involved people still steal . (Deviant Art , VRChat , etc) . It's just something that kinda can't be solved without making the entire process of posting / buying UGC way too complex and not user friendly.

The only way they can monitor this kinda stuff is to pay people to sit in HQ 24/7 and browse UGC . And no company is going to do that, heck they cant even pay to have security guards in some shopping malls on Sundays.

Hence why perhaps a new voluntary force can be created to do just that, monitor the UGC shop and have them report directly to staff and temporarily take down questionable items and ones that get reported as stolen. This off loads the need for In-game mods to monitor the shop and they'd only have to review that what they receive and then decide a course of action on that.

It's clear that people want this problem to stop, why not have them be actively part of that process?
  • CyberliskCyberlisk
    Yes, but im sure there's some legal stuff behind it . But let's ignore that and ask , how many people do you really think are willing to volunteer for this? What happens when people stop volunteering? Once Nexon opens up the door for such a solution they can't take it back.
    CylilAnOldGeezer
  • FeverJawsFeverJaws
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,730
    edited 3:11AM October 22, 2018
    Dochi wrote: »
    Hello! I am better known as Aiorol in Korean Server, but in NA East server I go by name AsunaYuuki. (yeah I'm a sao fan)

I did not realize till now since I was trying to post up some of my templates that I already created one by one, and I found out that someone was somehow ( I NEVER GAVE IT) to anyone and he made over 200k merits over the market store.

I HAVE NO IDEA HOW and the fact that they are a best seller in whole NA East server is not acceptable.

This is one example but he ripped off EVERY SINGLE THING he sold

-redacted Screenshots-

yes, they are exactly the same.

https://m.blog.naver.com/PostView.nhn?blogId=rkghkskfk&logNo=221319114788&categoryNo=0&proxyReferer=&proxyReferer=https://www.google.com/

This is a post made before the sale in Korean Server.

I also see millions of artwork that is being ripped off from other people and being sold, and see people making a profit off them, and I reported hundreds of them and see them not being taken off when they are being sold like hot cakes.

I really hope nexon takes this issues seriously since whenever I have time(Im around 5k gear score and in end game content stage) I am making new music or making clothes. Please no
    we are too busy dealing with too much stuff
    > if you have a successful game and need more people, get more people to monitor them.

Also some people are posting hentai posters in tria and places which never gets taken down. Please take care of these issues... Thanks!

and how do you know you should have made 200k? which i highly doubt u would. and also that person might have been the first one to make them? do u have any proof that u made it actually? or are you just a troll?

also korean servers and NA has no relation. if u have it on one server that doesnt matter. its not on NA or Korean server. if either is made for one. but again. if u can't prove its you who made it. then your in bigger trouble.

also i am not defending people who do Rip off others. but it's hard to find out who actually made it. and also lets be honest you're stealing original conceptions from Nier.
  • Nanachi_CCCPNanachi_CCCP
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 2,900
    I m very much against some volunteers,it is common that i post 100% original work in the chat and ppl pm me "rip off" meanwhile i took photo of leather and colored cape with it and added japanese symbol in the middle with free license font and blur effect.

Btw i do stuff on request,let me know if you want something specific to see in the shop.

• DigitalcatDigitalcat
    edited 3:14AM October 22, 2018
    Cyberlisk wrote: »
    Yes, but im sure there's some legal stuff behind it . But let's ignore that and ask , how many people do you really think are willing to volunteer for this? What happens when people stop volunteering? Once Nexon opens up the door for such a solution they can't take it back.

I don't see how there are legal issues regarding this? Neither how volunteers will be a problem? It takes but a mere look at the application forms to see that there are people willing and interested in improving this community, and I think the people complaining the most about this UGC problem wouldn't mind helping out on it, rewards given to those people that are willing to help is even more incentive, not that it should be just about that.

Currently people want change regarding UGC, so why not have people that are really passionate about UGC help on that?

I m very much against some volunteers,it is common that i post 100% original work in the chat and ppl pm me "rip off" meanwhile i took photo of leather and colored cape with it and added japanese symbol in the middle with free license font and blur effect.

Btw i do stuff on request,let me know if you want something specific to see in the shop.

That possibility is on everything, even regarding getting banned from video games, mistakes happen. Of course not everyone should be able to join the team, and seeing who would be fit for it would be at the discretion of the staff.
  • CyberliskCyberlisk
    edited 3:18AM October 22, 2018
    I dunno , do you work in the game industry? I don't but I mean I don't know any company that has a volunteer crew looking over it's UGC, if it's such a good idea why is nobody doing it? So there must be some legal implication behind it then.

If you want to volunteer , you can always hit that report button on UGC you believe to be stolen or against any form of ToS. Is that any different from this "volunteer" position you're talking about?