Check out the patch notes for the v17 Precursor Update here: http://maplestory2.nexon.net/en/news/article/53778/precursor-update-v17

Wow, this game.

Comments

• PinkFoxxyPinkFoxxy
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,090
    the main thing that kills mmos is the launch cuz alot of yall are stubborn and quit after 1 disconnect, but since this was a GREAT launch, with a GREAT game, the only thing that could kill this game is p2w, which i dont think nexon is greedy, so i think were safe.
    KenshoganRissaness
  • KenshoganKenshogan
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 665
    Teisuto wrote: »
    Yes!!! my thoughts exactly lol the last mmo i played from launch was bless online and like you said, it was a disaster :,))) it was so refreshing that MS2 had such a smooth release, which is honestly so rare so props to nexon.

Actually, after the failure of bless, i almost returned to BDO... ;0;

Why would u spend 400 my hrs to fail at TET Ogre again D: , Hoy boy
  • ConspiConspi
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 595
    I'm fine with the way Nexon is handling this. No P2W aspects currently, and hoping it stays that way.

Also in general the option to sell your own original designs for merits is extremely useful, especially if you do not want to spend YOUR money on the game.

Also this is true, a lot of MMO's have been duds lately, MS2 is something fresh, although just another MMO they're doing it right.

Like all MMO's though, it WILL eventually die out, which is another reason why I don't play that many MMO's.

KenshoganRissaness
  • MorlachMorlach
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 830
    Murmillo wrote: »
    I've never played maplestory before, but something made me buy into the early access...

And I'm glad i did, I'm really enjoying the game.

I am exactly same, been playing MMOs since Ultima Online in 1998, played pretty much every major MMO and some not so major ones. I had heard of MS but never played it and then the head start info popped up in one of my game news feeds and I took the plunge and I LOVE it. MS2 is a dark horse, it is unfortunate as the art style and theme does turn off some people but that is their loss. MS2 is one of the most fun and feature packed MMOs to come out in very long time and leaves a lot of other Triple-A games for dead.

Kenshogan
  • KenshoganKenshogan
    edited 12:26AM October 22, 2018
    Conspi wrote: »
    I'm fine with the way Nexon is handling this. No P2W aspects currently, and hoping it stays that way.

Also in general the option to sell your own original designs for merits is extremely useful, especially if you do not want to spend YOUR money on the game.

Also this is true, a lot of MMO's have been duds lately, MS2 is something fresh, although just another MMO they're doing it right.

Like all MMO's though, it WILL eventually die out, which is another reason why I don't play that many MMO's.

Yeah, you make a great point. I hope they space out the content not too drastically. Usually when that happens, player base starts to die. Although i want to think positive and look toward the hope of this game lasting for a long time :D
  • CyberliskCyberlisk
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,415
    Maple is having good PR...for now . But what does the future hold? Can they really sustain this? Is Pay 2 Fashion really going to work? I hope...but...
    Kenshogan
  • bg1987bg1987
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 425
    Cyberlisk wrote: »
    Maple is having good PR...for now . But what does the future hold? Can they really sustain this? Is Pay 2 Fashion really going to work? I hope...but...

pay to fashion will work as long as the fashion is good, and so far it is (heck, im tempted at buying some and Im really not a fashion person).
    Dota2 is purely pay2fashion and its doing more than ok.

plus they have a system of pay for quality of life, which is also acceptable, I can pay for auto gathering, or gather myself.
    I can pay for having a new skills tab or reset them when needed.

the only thing close to p2w is buying bank/inv slots. and its not a huge deal imo, the game does need to make money, and extra storage space wont change the balance too much imo.
    Kenshogan
  • DocDoomDocDoom
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,265
    MS2 made me feel like when I was playing Ragnarok and Maplestory for the first time, brings back so much energy and theres so much things to do that you can't feel bored.
    Kenshogan
  • KenshoganKenshogan
    Pay to fashion, lmao that really is how it seems. but tbh the 5 buck a month Hyper TP rock (air taxi) and all the changes made on fashion items from ms1; like Transparent being a badge that covers all items by choice and doesn't expire. plus the fact that outfits DONT EXPIRE ANYMORE.... idk about yall but that blew my mind lmao.
    Rissaness
  • RyunaRyuna
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,045
    I'm pretty shocked by how much I like this game, yeah. For years now any MMO I've tried has consisted of me playing for a few hours and then never touching it again, or not even bothering to try them after hearing about the insane P2W elements. Decided to try Maplestory 2 on a whim, never expected to like it at all since I didn't enjoy the first one, but it has its hooks in me.

The last MMO I was super into was Vindictus, so I know all too well how badly things can go under Nexon lol. I'm very impressed by how they're handling this game.

Tbh, this game gives me more Vindictus vibes than BDO did... I think it is because of the boss mechanics. I'm a sucker for boss mechanics, lol.
  • Meso_ManMeso_Man
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 2,130
    The music is actually pretty legit too.
    Rissaness
  • MinjuMinju
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 865
    edited 8:50PM October 22, 2018
    Cyberlisk wrote: »

I believe the pay to fashion system will work, because it has for awhile in the korean version. One of the recent costumes does have house type stats (for $50.00, but its not game breaking I don't think, at least I have the costume and haven't found it game breaking). With that said, the elixirs.. Could be in some lieu a bit of a "50% health elixir", especially in pvp shadow land maps (because I watched PVPERS before eat these like candy and pvp in these maps, and survive against 5+ people). I'm not sure how I feel about this one, but I wouldn't call it game breaking, still.

As to other things, some things in KR are pay to win maybe the option exchange tickets and some other things in the store off the top of my head, that's if it's still in the store, right now I would have to check and see later. I do know that premium gives you 2 weekly entry tickets in the Korean version, every day along with option exchange tickets (all for $5.00 in merits), which extends the weeklies to about 14 per week, 12 more per week before the resets of dungeons. I suppose that is lenient in some regards to the capping system and rewarding premium members.

I do know they sell red, green, blue crystals, along with weekly increase tickets but some of this has a cap (like 10 merets a ticket, which could consider pay to win perhaps if the items are tradable), but I wouldn't go that far just yet, in saying these types of things. Legendary option tickets are like 130 merets in the Korean version, which let you reroll legendary options, so I can see maybe some of these things making it over here, unless they add them to a dungeon instead.

However, I wouldn't call most of this game breaking, other than the dungeon resets maybe for 10 merets, but even then.. Most people can earn a lot of free merets playing the game and if they add this to the red meret store and a way of earning red merets regularly I don't see this becoming much of a problem.

Though, from what I remember, the legendary dungeons have an 8 cap limit for extending them beyond this, it may be that or the chaos raids, it's one of the other. I haven't played the Korean version since I have been in the US on a brief period, before going back home.
  • KhalykKhalyk
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 2,400
    I'm really very happy with this game. Took me entirely be surprise. I've tried dozens of other MMO's that I only play for a couple days at best. Black Desert, Elder Scrolls Online, Tera, to name a few. None of them gripped me like this one. I love Maple Story 2 for how extremely well polished it is, the casual nature and usability and the lovely community. Gunna stick with this one for a good long time.

I could have typed every word of that. 2018 has been horrible for MMO's. Spent money on ESO, Played the WoW expansion for a hot minute, did Tera for a week, reinstalled Ultima Online, played a little BDO, and nothing has grabbed me like MapleStory 2. I'm so very proud of Nexon for how they're handling this game. Take mah money nao! Wildstar closing is why I'm here, but I'm happier here than I was, even in Wildstar. Keep this up Maplestory 2, and you'll dominate the MMO market with this gem.

@Techn0mancer A fellow old school UO player?! Bestill my beating heart lol
    Techn0mancer