Let's enjoy the final days! Check out what changes and events started this March here: http://maplestory2.nexon.net/en/news/article/56485/sunset-in-maple-world
MapleStory 2's servers will be officially closing on May 27th: http://maplestory2.nexon.net/en/news/article/56486/service-discontinuation

Fire Dragon needs to be fixed..

ConspiConspi
MapleStory 2 Rep: 595
edited 10:52PM October 17, 2018 in Suggestions and Feedback
This used to be a 10-man dungeon, they put it down to 4 because people were complaining it was too easy.
Now.. they didn't bother to alter the hp or anything, but keep it the same. Along with the fair fight mechanic it makes this fight much longer than any other dungeons, because this was formerly a raid boss..

On TOP of that, Pyrros has some really weird hitboxes that need to be fixed.

Just to clarify, fixing fair fight won't make this dungeon much easier.. the HP needs to be scaled back down, this fight is extremely long due to the fact that the boss moves around a lot.

- Weird hitboxes
- 40m+ hp with only FOUR PEOPLE
- Fair Fight nerfs anyone over lv 50's damage against this boss, since it's a lv 50 bosss
-Formerly designed for 10 people, nerfed down to 4 people, making this boss long and tedious.

It's not even hard, just a huge waste of time.. needs to be adjusted.
Zarozian

Comments

• AieAie
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 2,310
    it seems perfectly fine for me...i can easily run it in under 7 minutes with some of my guild mates.
    Maybe the HP could be lowered a little but honestly I just wish the dragon didnt run around like its pants are on fire or something. thats what makes it a lot longer imo
  • ConspiConspi
    Aie wrote: »
    it seems perfectly fine for me...i can easily run it in under 7 minutes with some of my guild mates.
    Maybe the HP could be lowered a little but honestly I just wish the dragon didnt run around like its pants are on fire or something. thats what makes it a lot longer imo

Do you mind making a video because it's never near that close for me.
    The fact still stands, though, that this is still meant for 10 people, and all they did was lower the amount allowed into the dungeon.. There's no need for it to be this tedious, especially since this is one of the first dungeons all the new players do, the kind of "go to" dungeon before learning the other ones' mechanics.

Also those hitboxes need a fix too, even if I'm behind the laser I will still get hit even though I'M clearly not in range. The tail hitboxes are janky as well, even if you think you dodged it, it will still hit you sometimes.
    Zarozian
  • DVoidbornDVoidborn
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 570
    Conspi wrote: »
    This used to be a 10-man dungeon, they put it down to 4 because people were complaining it was too easy.
    Now.. they didn't bother to alter the hp or anything, but keep it the same. Along with the fair fight mechanic it makes this fight much longer than any other dungeons, because this was formerly a raid boss..

On TOP of that, Pyrros has some really weird hitboxes that need to be fixed.

Just to clarify, fixing fair fight won't make this dungeon much easier.. the HP needs to be scaled back down, this fight is extremely long due to the fact that the boss moves around a lot.

- Weird hitboxes
    - 40m+ hp with only FOUR PEOPLE
    - Fair Fight nerfs anyone over lv 50's damage against this boss, since it's a lv 50 bosss
    -Formerly designed for 10 people, nerfed down to 4 people, making this boss long and tedious.

It's not even hard, just a huge waste of time.. needs to be adjusted.

HP is fine, fard shares the same as hp as the other hard bosses aren't FD took me 25min to clear with a party of cheesers(everyone @1700 gs or so) and now 10-15 min after some runs and enhancements.
    honestly I just wish the dragon didnt run around like its pants are on fire or something. thats what makes it a lot longer imo
    This.... specially when he does it multiple times in a row

• DVoidbornDVoidborn
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 570
    edited 11:30PM October 17, 2018
    Also those hitboxes need a fix too, even if I'm behind the laser I will still get hit even though I'M clearly not in range. The tail hitboxes are janky as well, even if you think you dodged it, it will still hit you sometimes.

If you stand directly behind him it won't hit you if you stand behind him to the left or right it will since it's shoots at angle 280. You cloud stand to the side where the laser is going and dash behind him to the other side before the laser gets there too, I did notice it being slight buggy though knocking you down instead of fully melting you. His tail also does seems to increase range sometimes or I'm just imagining things
  • HashtagHealsHashtagHeals
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 925
    Honestly, I don't see an issue with FD clear it normally in under 10 min with pugs. For a hard dungeon I think 10 minute battles is appropriate.
    Elerya
  • MarcusTherionMarcusTherion
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 700
    They already gutted Balrog and made him a complete walkover since CBT2 (Now that was a boss that hadn't been scaled down properly, his damage was insane.) Honestly they're a little too easy for things that're meant to be considered Hard Dungeons, but given that I have to farm so many of them a week between characters, I don't mind all too much. Outside of FD being a bit of a pain first phase, I don't really think anything needs to be changed.
  • ConspiConspi
    edited 1:35PM October 18, 2018
    honestly I just wish the dragon didnt run around like its pants are on fire or something. thats what makes it a lot longer imo

This.... specially when he does it multiple times in a row

Well actually Fard has 40M hp all the other bosses have around 20m.

Honestly, I don't see an issue with FD clear it normally in under 10 min with pugs. For a hard dungeon I think 10 minute battles is appropriate.

But there's a reason one of those mini quests on the side is to defeat it within 7 minutes. It used to be super easy back when it was 10-man. Now it's impossible.

But there's a reason one of those mini quests on the side is to defeat it within 7 minutes. It used to be super easy back when it was 10-man. Now it's impossible.
    They already gutted Balrog and made him a complete walkover since CBT2 (Now that was a boss that hadn't been scaled down properly, his damage was insane.) Honestly they're a little too easy for things that're meant to be considered Hard Dungeons, but given that I have to farm so many of them a week between characters, I don't mind all too much. Outside of FD being a bit of a pain first phase, I don't really think anything needs to be changed.

Maybe it's just psycological then. I always feel FIre Dungeon takes longer than any other dungeon in the list. Along with all his running around even if you do step to the right/left you will still get hit by it and when he does his laser attack and you stand behind him, you'll still get hit. When he does that tail slam attack 3 times, you can stil get hit even if you stand on the opposite end of him.
  • KewkkyKewkky
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 6,235
    edited 7:36PM October 18, 2018
    Those hitboxes are there so people don't cheese him by hanging out behind him the whole fight. Also, his HP is pretty fair. Remember that unlike other hard dungeons, there's no adds in this one and no dungeon to trek through on the way to the boss. Fire Dragon is just a boss, and you immediately start fighting him. Balrog is like that as well, and not only does he also have 40m+ HP, but he also reduces your attack by half with his screams. Even with all that, I've gotten a rank S on his fight. Fire Dragon is no different.

Also the time is fine. I've also done sub-10 min runs with my main. You just need to work hard for it. A party with +9's and +10's isn't enough, you need better bonus attributes and a higher enchantment on your weapons + optimal play to get that rank S. Don't believe what people say when they swear that going past +10 does nothing for your damage. It DOES. The thing is that there's a magic number in damage formulas that reduces your damage gain for every level you are over whatever content that has Fair Fight. Get yourself to +15 and you'll see you clearly do more damage than +10 people, even in stuff like Fire Dragon.

z55rrzR.jpg
    Conspi
  • ConspiConspi
    edited 9:18PM October 18, 2018

Kewkky wrote: »
    Those hitboxes are there so people don't cheese him by hanging out behind him the whole fight. Also, his HP is pretty fair. Remember that unlike other hard dungeons, there's no adds in this one and no dungeon to trek through on the way to the boss. Fire Dragon is just a boss, and you immediately start fighting him. Balrog is like that as well, and not only does he also have 40m+ HP, but he also reduces your attack by half with his screams. Even with all that, I've gotten a rank S on his fight. Fire Dragon is no different.

Also the time is fine. I've also done sub-10 min runs with my main. You just need to work hard for it. A party with +9's and +10's isn't enough, you need better bonus attributes and a higher enchantment on your weapons + optimal play to get that rank S. Don't believe what people say when they swear that going past +10 does nothing for your damage. It DOES. The thing is that there's a magic number in damage formulas that reduces your damage gain for every level you are over whatever content that has Fair Fight. Get yourself to +15 and you'll see you clearly do more damage than +10 people, even in stuff like Fire Dragon.

z55rrzR.jpg

prntscr.com/l7sii5

mm,. interesting. I seem to have been proven wrong. Not to mention, this is how my gear is anyway.
    What kind of gear + do you have?
  • JetUppercutJetUppercut
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 5,535

This is a myth. I did the dungeon at 50 and at 60 and did the same damage.
    Please stop trying to get fair fight removed by spouting outright lies.
  • KewkkyKewkky
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 6,235
    edited 12:46PM October 19, 2018

z55rrzR.jpg

prntscr.com/l7sii5

mm,. interesting. I seem to have been proven wrong. Not to mention, this is how my gear is anyway.

pNsPgHj.jpg

Also was just told by some guildmates that they almost did a sub-6 minute FD run yesterday (so 5 mins 59 secs or lower). They were off by a few seconds.
    Conspi
  • PopagandicePopagandice
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 645

z55rrzR.jpg

prntscr.com/l7sii5

pNsPgHj.jpg

Also was just told by some guildmates that they almost did a sub-6 minute FD run yesterday (so 5 mins 59 secs or lower). They were off by a few seconds.

that is some very helpful information to know thank you!
  • KhalykKhalyk
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 2,400

THIS... Im not sure how people got started with the misinformation on fair fight... It scales you down TO the level of the boss it doesnt magically put you below what you would have been doing at 50...
  • LuminaEdgeLuminaEdge
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 8,435
    i'm not being affected by fair fight as well, as a matter of fact, i notice my damage continuing to go up with every enchant and upgrade. Ive seen the damage on my Knights flurry climb from 5k ticks to 7k and even 8k depending on buffs active at the time.

im fairly sure there are attack caps on the fair fight, but we are not reaching them and probably won't until lv 60 gear reaches our version.
  • HallangreHallangre
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,685

You literally just proved his point. You shouldn't maintain the same damage values in a ten level difference.
  • fuzzys0xfuzzys0x
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 540
    now people are complaining its too hard? Practice and learn the run. It is far too simple of a fight that can just take a bit longer than you want it too. Hard dungeons aren't meant to be "blown through" and they are already. It might as well be a normal dungeon if it gets nerfed any further.
  • JetUppercutJetUppercut
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 5,535
    Hallangre wrote: »

You literally just proved his point. You shouldn't maintain the same damage values in a ten level difference.

I did not spend a single SP between 50 and 60. I continued to do the raid to see if my damage would be negatively effected by the level difference like every idiot seems to be claiming in some lame attempt to influence the developers.
    It did not.
    Increasing in level doesn't effect your damage, it only gives you Skill Points and HP.
    When I added the Skill Points, my damage increased. When I upgraded my gear, my damage increased.
    Level has absolutely nothing to do with your damage at Fire Dragon or any other Hard Dungeon.
  • ConspiConspi
    edited 10:33PM October 21, 2018
    Yeah your right I was wrong now im doing it in ~10 minutes.

Excuse me for all of the misunderstanding, through those very kind people ( and some not so kind) I now know how fair fight works and will work harder to improve my gear in order to clear faster!

What was once though impossible, is now very much attainable.

Thank you, to everybody and sorry for all of the misinformation.
  • WhyWhyWhyWhy
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,270
    Just a heads up , all of our hard dgn use to be 10 man at Kmaple
  • AskaLanglyAskaLangly
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 2,085
    When is the sub-7 score cut off?