Check out the patch notes for the v18 Kritias Expansion here: http://forums.maplestory2.nexon.net/discussion/45974

GUILD SIZES ARE TOO SMALL! HOW TO EXPAND SIZE?!

ZarozianZarozian
MapleStory 2 Rep: 3,520
in General Chat
I can't fit everyone in my clan discord into my guild......I am not understanding how expanding the guild size works... ;(

In fact I need someone to explain to me the whole entire guild system. Can someone elaborate and explain on that?

This is my discord by the way: https://discord.gg/UwjcWTt
unknown.png
This is my guild. ;(

Comments

• ChisaKChisaK
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 310
    edited 4:15PM October 21, 2018
    You get more guild members slot as you level up your guild (level 3 and up specifically, where you will gain +10 slots).

You can gain guild experience by checking in, doing the guild daily and weekly quests
    DanDK
  • ZarozianZarozian
    ChisaK wrote: »
    You get more guild members slot as you level up your guild (level 3 and up specifically, where you will gain +10 slots).

You can gain guild experience by checking in, doing the guild daily and weekly quests

What's the max guild level? ;O
  • mirta000mirta000
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 8,275
    Zarozian wrote: »

I think it's 15? Max slots are about 70. Max slots on KR server are 100 I believe.
    Zarozian
  • ZarozianZarozian
    mirta000 wrote: »
    Zarozian wrote: »

I think it's 15? Max slots are about 70. Max slots on KR server are 100 I believe.

That's still not enough to fit all 1000+ members. ;(
  • NikynoonooNikynoonoo
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,655
    This thread to complain about the limit or to brag about how many friends you have?
    DanDKmirta0006480Always_HididontreallyknowmanMiguelx
  • CandleCandle
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,625
    https://ms2.guru/guild/
    It increases every few levels, but it's still unpleasantly small.
  • _Lil_Puddin__Lil_Puddin_
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,210
    tbh it's probably better if guilds stay small. The reason there's different criteria (like time of day, goals, etc) means it's easier to get a group of, say, 50 people where 30+ will be on during prime-time hours (prime time for the guild, not game). A guild with 100+ people on at the same exact time would be utter chaos if anyone actually tried to communicate lol.

So if you want you can always just arrange guildies by the time they play/casualness/etc. Name the guilds slightly different with the same beginnings.
    1Heaux-Social
    1Heaux-Casual
    1Heaux-PvP
    1Heaux-Hardcore

... And so on. This way the guild is semi-unified under one name, but everyone's sitting at their favorite lunch table with people that have the same interests. Of course, they should totally increase the guild naming limit (or usable characters).

Then they can add a feature where guilds can partner with up with 3 other guilds (like, they can look in to see who's logged on and visit guild houses/use their buffs/put money in their coffers/etc). So that essentially means there could be a super guild of 400 players, but thankfully, only 100 of them can actually talk to you through the guild option,, which limits the chaos a bit. The rest would have to party/whisper/go to you.

"Balancing" comes in the form of only 1 of the guilds being in the top 3. So if all 3 of them have 1,000,000,000 points and are tied for 2nd place, the oldest guild will be the one on the banner. That means totally separate guilds can still claim spot 1 and 3.
    DanDKmirta000
  • ZarozianZarozian
    edited 6:13AM October 22, 2018
    tbh it's probably better if guilds stay small. The reason there's different criteria (like time of day, goals, etc) means it's easier to get a group of, say, 50 people where 30+ will be on during prime-time hours (prime time for the guild, not game). A guild with 100+ people on at the same exact time would be utter chaos if anyone actually tried to communicate lol.

So if you want you can always just arrange guildies by the time they play/casualness/etc. Name the guilds slightly different with the same beginnings.
    1Heaux-Social
    1Heaux-Casual
    1Heaux-PvP
    1Heaux-Hardcore

... And so on. This way the guild is semi-unified under one name, but everyone's sitting at their favorite lunch table with people that have the same interests. Of course, they should totally increase the guild naming limit (or usable characters).

Then they can add a feature where guilds can partner with up with 3 other guilds (like, they can look in to see who's logged on and visit guild houses/use their buffs/put money in their coffers/etc). So that essentially means there could be a super guild of 400 players, but thankfully, only 100 of them can actually talk to you through the guild option,, which limits the chaos a bit. The rest would have to party/whisper/go to you.

"Balancing" comes in the form of only 1 of the guilds being in the top 3. So if all 3 of them have 1,000,000,000 points and are tied for 2nd place, the oldest guild will be the one on the banner. That means totally separate guilds can still claim spot 1 and 3.

There are a lot of upsides as to having a larger guild though, such as getting more check ins and donations as well as not having to need to kick anyone for being inactive so soon.

From my experience leading clans, guilds, and alliances, it’s always the smaller guilds that die and become inactive the fastest. Acceptable levels of activeness and activity is actually more stable with 300 members.
  • CyberliskCyberlisk
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,420
    Yea and having a 1K members guild in this game means you basically run the entire server and eclipse any competition from other guilds.
    DanDKmirta000Always_Hid
  • ZarozianZarozian
    Cyberlisk wrote: »
    Yea and having a 1K members guild in this game means you basically run the entire server and eclipse any competition from other guilds.

What? No. It means everyone can have 1000 members too! ;D

My clan members on my discord proposed the idea of having multiple guilds, but I didn’t like the idea of running that many, cause what’s the point? Plus the amount of mesos required for the guild house upgrade seems ridiculous for a small clan of 100, with a daily limit of 100k. I don’t wanna force my members to donate either, but I want to make progress and really establish ourselves and play with the politics and economics of MS2! ;O

Most importantly I don’t want anyone to feel left out, cause I know my members won’t be satisfied being in a sub guild of ours that’s not lead directly by me. ;(
  • CyberliskCyberlisk
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,420
    Check in Funds increase as the guild levels , donation caps increase as well. And now if there's a 1K guild that's really popular everyone will just join that guild and dominate the server . Each map can only hold a maximum 100 players in a channel . If your 1K guild wanted to raid Tria you could take up all the channels up to ch 10
    DanDKmirta000Always_Hid
  • DanDKDanDK
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 33,535
    As Cyberlisk said, the guild limit is there for a reason. A lot of people like smaller communities and 70 is by far enough to have a large one where there is still some semblance of unity and knowing each other. Let's face it, you might have guilds with 100+ people but at that point you're basically united in name only and people will form subgroups, cliques and you'll need tons of co-leaders just to keep track of stuff. By not allowing that, the game keeps a steady balance between tryhard megaguilds and give casual communities a chance to compete as well. The larger guilds can easily split into subguilds which enforces some local competition which is still better for everyone rather than having few megaguilds that dominate everything because nobody will be able to compete with it and new players would be forced to join the established ones to avoid falling behind.
    mirta000Petalmagic
  • PetalmagicPetalmagic
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 4,090
    :T as someone who did run 5 guilds at once on MS1...it just requires coordination. I don't think a guild should be THAT big though, honestly. I think a 100 member guild is still fairly large, and say a guild alliance is for ultimate sociability. My guild is already great at 30 members with about 20 active ones, while the inactives are still active in Discord or otherwise, soon gonna be opening up recruitment again tbh. (first guild clean is today.) We also have an alt guild specifically for...alts. Honestly...why run such a huge guild? it would be annoying to keep track of activity. (even in my 5 guild alliance on MS1 it was hard to keep track)
    mirta000DanDK
  • mirta000mirta000
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 8,275
    I've been in games with mega guilds before and it's just no fun. 100 member cap is more than sufficient.
    DanDK
  • Nanachi_CCCPNanachi_CCCP
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 2,900
    It would be best to cap guilds on 10,so you would actually have active guild where less active ppl get kicked,i very well know that 1000ppl guilds mean that 1 to 15 people play and rest is there for number.
    In my warframe clan I have 987 people and 985 did not log in,in last 2 years.
  • ZarozianZarozian
    DanDK wrote: »
    As Cyberlisk said, the guild limit is there for a reason. A lot of people like smaller communities and 70 is by far enough to have a large one where there is still some semblance of unity and knowing each other. Let's face it, you might have guilds with 100+ people but at that point you're basically united in name only and people will form subgroups, cliques and you'll need tons of co-leaders just to keep track of stuff. By not allowing that, the game keeps a steady balance between tryhard megaguilds and give casual communities a chance to compete as well. The larger guilds can easily split into subguilds which enforces some local competition which is still better for everyone rather than having few megaguilds that dominate everything because nobody will be able to compete with it and new players would be forced to join the established ones to avoid falling behind.

Well as someone who has ran a 1000+ clan for 5 years almost 6 now, I can tell you that we keep that same tight knit community but on a larger scale without anyone left out.

We aren’t competing for more members, I only want all my current members in my current clan to be able to fit into a single guild in Maplestory2.

I am also unaware of anything guild related that having that many members would give too huge of an advantage.
  • ZarozianZarozian
    Cyberlisk wrote: »
    Check in Funds increase as the guild levels , donation caps increase as well. And now if there's a 1K guild that's really popular everyone will just join that guild and dominate the server . Each map can only hold a maximum 100 players in a channel . If your 1K guild wanted to raid Tria you could take up all the channels up to ch 10

It’s not like 1000 of us will be on all at the same time, that never happens, in fact it’s really just 100-200 of us on at a time 24/7, most of us have class and work and other responsibilities so that we can’t be online on a daily basis. Reason why I want a larger capacity is so that they can be inactive for much longer, instead of me having to constantly kick out inactives on a daily basis. I would like people to have a guild when they come back after just a week.
  • AzarlithAzarlith
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 460
    If you're looking at the short term, Guild level 3 and 7 will expand your guild slots
  • ZarozianZarozian
    Azarlith wrote: »
    If you're looking at the short term, Guild level 3 and 7 will expand your guild slots

I guess it’s better than nothing.
  • DishonesteaDishonestea
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,035
    edited 6:10AM October 23, 2018
    The number of slots is so smol that I'd p2w space if it was possible