Check out the patch notes for the v17 Precursor Update here: http://maplestory2.nexon.net/en/news/article/53778/precursor-update-v17
Closed

1 Million Players Event Unfair

SproutiSprouti
MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,780
edited 10:39AM October 19, 2018 in Suggestions and Feedback
I was so excited to see about the rewards for the one million players milestone, and became very deflated when I realized it was only for those that have reached the level cap. I personally am level 33, I have a full time job and I'm taking my time at the game because I am enjoying it so much. This has made me feel like I don't count as a dedicated player despite playing every day for the last week. I am one of the players that got this game to that milestone, why do I and others like me not deserve to be rewarded? Especially when the rewards are cosmetic. If they were epic weapons or something it might be more understandable, but every level could derive enjoyment from Red Merets and a Style Crate. I as a general rule don't like to complain about free things and have been very pleased with the way Nexon is handling player feedback, but I would be lying if I said this wasn't a huge disappointment and a bit hurtful. I know some players don't even want to hit the level cap because of the "Fair Fight" stuff, which puts some players in an awkward position. I really do think this reward should have been for everyone that's reached a certain play time or certain other play milestones that show they've been actually playing, not just hitting the level cap. We count also.
mmviiDragonicWolfRezikattzkittiSplatulateddrizztelSpikkleLumière
  1. Do You Feel This Reward Is Fair?86 votes
    1. Yes
       56% (48 votes)
    2. No
       44% (38 votes)

Comments

• TalnovaTalnova
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 2,065
    That sucks, yeah I don't want to recommend skipping the story just to get 60 more quickly, but that is an option. If you skip the story text and just hammer through it, it only takes 4-5 hours to get 50. Auto-performance vouchers from the maplopoly at the higher levels (45+) might help you get those last few levels without playing the game too.

I unfortunately think the 60 cap is to prevent abuse by players or gold sellers creating multiple accounts and claiming the reward....

Maybe they should have done something like "for accounts created before x date" instead of level 60 accounts, to make it more fair.
    KorishiSproutiReziArdawnidontreallyknowmanpeacherydrizztel
  • KorishiKorishi
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 725
    you're totally right, I know a lot of low level people in my guild who are very dedicated to the game, does seem kinda unfair for the people that just enjoy taking their time with everything.
    SproutiReziGreta
  • SproutiSprouti
    Talnova wrote: »
    That sucks, yeah I don't want to recommend skipping the story just to get 60 more quickly, but that is an option. If you skip the story text and just hammer through it, it only takes 4-5 hours to get 50. Auto-performance vouchers from the maplopoly at the higher levels (45+) might help you get those last few levels without playing the game too.

I unfortunately think the 60 cap is to prevent abuse by players or gold sellers creating multiple accounts and claiming the reward....

Maybe they should have done something like "for accounts created before x date" instead of level 60 accounts, to make it more fair.

Yeah I definitely could have gone through the story faster (I'm not done), but I'm sharing this experience with my partner and we have agreed not to do story progression without each other. We only get to play together Wednesday nights and Saturday's, so it's been slow going. But I'm enjoying the experience, exploring, fishing, visiting people's houses, the game has a lot to offer outside of level grinding. And yeah, I can totally see how it could be to prevent the gold sellers, but like we both pointed out there are other, more fair ways to determine that than who has rushed the level cap most quickly. I'm glad I'm not being unreasonable feeling this way.
    ReziGreta
  • dJindJin
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 340
    Keep in mind that there will be tons of Maplestory events. Nexon is known for having events for everything. Take a breath and enjoy it at your own pace.There will be many more opportunities to get cool things.
    Sprouti6480MintyliciousSilverSkyway
  • SproutiSprouti
    dJin wrote: »
    Keep in mind that there will be tons of Maplestory events. Nexon is known for having events for everything. Take a breath and enjoy it at your own pace.There will be many more opportunities to get cool things.

I totally agree with you, and am really glad! The game feels very full and fun. I think I was feeling more annoyed that they called it an event for dedicated players, as if there is only one kind of dedication, and the reward doesn't take into account the myriad ways people enjoy games like this. It just felt like it ignored a huge chunk of the player base that helped them reach the milestone. It was the tone and reasoning I objected to more. But that is great perspective and I appreciate you for sharing it!
    dJin
  • MarchinBunnyMarchinBunny
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 8,245
    lol, I think I only hit level 20 last weekend. I don't get to play a whole lot. Maybe I will try and get to max level this weekend so I can get all the things xD. But if not, all well. I do dislike that they keep making these events level locked. I would like to enjoy the game at my own pace and not feel rushed.
    ReziSprouti
  • DaldaeusDaldaeus
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 715
    They should have atleast change it to Lvl 50 req. Which can be done if you dedicate your whole day to leveling.
    The guys who is dedicating on the game since the release and who has a free time before the million player announcement will have a free rewards without giving the effort directly for the current events' rewards. But now the players who just got started and got their free time will now spend there whole day just to rush the story and everything to get the rewards before the deadline with the risk of not actually getting to lvl 60 before the event ends. I hope they change it to "Account created before" or somethng.
    SproutiSpecks
  • fuzzys0xfuzzys0x
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 540
    Its not "unfair". Nexon did nothing to prevent you from playing the game prior and plenty time was available to level up. I'm sorry you missed out, but it isn't "unfair".
    Cyrro
  • DaldaeusDaldaeus
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 715
    edited 4:22PM October 20, 2018
    fuzzys0x wrote: »
    Its not "unfair". Nexon did nothing to prevent you from playing the game prior and plenty time was available to level up. I'm sorry you missed out, but it isn't "unfair".

I dunno but its released on the middle of midterms to finals. Welp looks like im one of the players who didnt get the saturday reward :/ . I didnt even sleep just to try and reach the level cap. and I was late for 15 minutes :/. Lvl 60 on 00:15 Sunday, Server time.
    edited 6:11PM October 20, 2018

Depends on what one constitutes as unfair. I would say a million player event really has absolutely nothing to do with level, so I can certainly see how it would be unfair. Especially since included in that million are players who just started probably. Are they not a part of that million? It just seems extremely odd to have a celebration reward for a million players but the reward isn't for all the million players XD.
    SproutiReziGretaSpecksSyrusMarufuji3RtonAlways_Hid
  • Ecchym0sisEcchym0sis
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 970
    You cant make the event revolve around one person, I'm sorry, everyone has a life you're not the only one with a FULL TIME JOB! anyways they try to please EVERYONE as best as possible ALSO,

There is AFK leveling - Fishing - and Instruments

If you say; well I don't wanna pay to level - then I'm sorry - you're probably to closed minded and entitled to play the game...

Also telling them the event is unfair to you as a dedicated player is a slap in the face to be honest.

rant over/

• ReziRezi
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,465
    Ecchym0sis wrote: »
    If you say; well I don't wanna pay to level - then I'm sorry - you're probably to closed minded and entitled to play the game...

Did you seriously just claim that people who don't have the money to P2W the game are the entitled ones?
    SyrusMarufujiSprouti3Rtonyudc
  • FeverJawsFeverJaws
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,730
    how are you so lame? lvl 60 is Easy as hell. if u dont like the event dont do it. simple as that. nearly every player is lvl 60 and it takes 2 days tops to get to 60. if u know how.
  • GretaGreta
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 2,080
    So having a life or wanting to play the game with normal pace is lame? Some people like to explore and read through story, why we must be forced to drop everything and rush things?
    ReziSyrusMarufujiSprouti3RtonJiyeonLumière
  • SpecksSpecks
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,275
    the term "unfair" doesn't seem exactly right to me - meaning I'm not feeling wronged, i guess, BUT... I think assuming most players are max lvl may be wrong - but I don't have that player data so maybe they are? but leaving out a big part of your group when it's a "everyone yay!" event seems kinda sad. who wants people to feel left out, right?

I think a big reason this is confusing to me is the holiday event only requires you to be lvl 10 - which is awesome!! some games have elements of holiday events that require players to be max lvl, so in those games, often I don't get to participate because it's a game i just started playing and so don't have any max lvl characters. i figured if halloween was open to all here in maplestory 2, then this celebration would be too - meaning that everyone was getting a present to celebrate! (makes sense to me anyway) and so i was surprised and disappointed it wasn't. I know it's silly, since we get bonuses for various things also, which everyone can enjoy...but just speaking about how it made me feel when i read it and realized that it was only for the max lvls, well, that's my feedback~

this actually made a friend of mine feel very rushed to get to 60 also, and he got pretty stressed out about it. this event should be a happy bonus for people just playing the game and enjoying themselves...not a stressful rush. ah well. hopefully future events include lower lvls also, like the halloween one :) as for me...i'm currently fishing, lvl 54. taking my time and enjoying the scenery. it feels so good to be playing live that i didn't really want to rush for the merets~
    MarchinBunnyReziGretaSprouti
  • DinodoggoDinodoggo
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 445
    edited 10:03AM October 21, 2018
    I agree. As a new player (from MS1) I was excited to introduce some more friends to the game this weekend, but instead I feel pressured to rush 60. From 4PM maintenance to dungeon bonus on thursday, it already seems maple doesn't care what's convenient for people. This doesn't benefit new players, it just alienates them by forcing them to either rush through the game or getting left out of the event. Honestly would've prefered if there was no reward, all it does is add stress to new players who'd rather take their time and enjoy the game.
    MarchinBunnyReziGretaSprouti3Rton
  • SplatulatedSplatulated
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 885
    Daldaeus wrote: »

I dunno but its released on the middle of midterms to finals. Welp looks like im one of the players who didnt get the saturday reward :/ . I didnt even sleep just to try and reach the level cap. and I was late for 15 minutes :/. Lvl 60 on 00:15 Sunday, Server time.

relogging didnt work D:

that sucks
    Ecchym0sis wrote: »
    You cant make the event revolve around one person, I'm sorry, everyone has a life you're not the only one with a FULL TIME JOB! anyways they try to please EVERYONE as best as possible ALSO,

There is AFK leveling - Fishing - and Instruments

Also telling them the event is unfair to you as a dedicated player is a slap in the face to be honest.

rant over/

Hmm, I don't think your rant really makes any sense. It isn't just about a full-time job or what have you, it's a combination of things. I am sure if you had a full-time job, a family, and wanted to play through the story and actually read it and hang out with friends and just chat, or work on your house ... etc. You begin to realize, asking players to be at level 60 is telling players they can't play the way they are if they want to be included.
    ReziSproutiGreta
  • SproutiSprouti
    Sorry guys, apparently I’m entitled because I believe events celebrating the community milestones should be able to be celebrated by everyone that helped achieve those milestones. And because I might not want to spend my money on stuff for AFK leveling Im too entitled to play- (actually, I have spent money on the game. I have a cool thing called an electricity bill that I’d like to keep reasonable by not running my computer when I’m working, oops.)

I wasn’t trying to say my life is more important than anyone else’s or my situation is. I’m just saying leaving out portions of your community that are playing by not bum rushing the level cap is pretty ridiculous. If that makes me entitled and not good enough to play the game then so be it.
    GretaDinodoggo
  • AynixAynix
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 2,085
    edited 1:50AM October 22, 2018
    Im lvl60, I missed both style crate and free 500 merets because I couldnt log in in those 2 days. Do you see me complaining?
This discussion has been closed.