During the October event period, the Escaped Moon Bunny world boss spawns at the following times:

NA West: 02:30 AM - 05:30 AM UTC
NA East: 11:30 PM - 02:30 AM UTC
South America: 10:30 PM - 01:30 AM UTC
Europe: 5:30 PM - 8:30 PM UTC
Oceania: 08:30 AM – 11:30 AM UTC

UGC ripping is an issue that shouldn't be silenced

mirta000mirta000
MapleStory 2 Rep: 8,270
in General Chat
I feel like recently these sort of threads were just met by closure or annoyance by Nexon. I don't think that it is okay to just sweep threads like these under the rug, so I made a video on what is UGC ripping, read out a single long grievance post and leave my reasons on why I think this issue is just being swept under the rug and why it deserves to be visible and out there.

EleryaDishonesteaIdeghalliaHosuWTBIritokiSpecksTeirdalinArkivesGaaksand 10 others.

Comments

• LuminaEdgeLuminaEdge
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 8,430
    Yeah the last thread screwed up by trying to name specific people, we gotta bring this issue to nexon without bringing our personal conflicts into this.

We're requesting only one thing. Moderation on what arguably matters to the art community most, people copying other people's work or taking it, sticking a different color on it and calling it their own.

As a ugc creator, i honestly am happy with every single person who relates to my outfits enough to wear them. That they like my content enough to spend on it and allowing me to get just a bit of meret for gratitude. The fact that Nexon WANTS to give me meret in exchange for providing content for them is also just a smart business decision for their game.

We simply ask for moderation. Protect us while we make content for your game, that when we share our creations for your game on our social media, our followers ask "What is this game? Its so cute!" We tell them, drawing MORE people to your game.

Nexon, its worth it to protect your content creators. Please help us by

-Reading our detailed reports of stolen ugc through the added report function just for the issue. Then _Taking ACTION to remove them and reimbursing affected customers.
    - Look into ways to make our outfits harder to rip from the game.
    - Permanently block the biggest offenders from uploading into the design shop. I know banning people from the game permanently is something you guys don't want to do. But at the very least, stop them from accessing this aspect of the game if they choose to abuse it.

You guys already believe in the Joddy Squad enough to support your game. Please believe in the art community enough to do the same and protect us.

I can assure you amazing artists want to provide you guys even more social media presence but they're hesitant because of the lack of action on your part Nexon. Don't let them down.
    mirta000HosuRaeviraSproutiDragonicWolfIritokiSpecksArkivesGaaks6480and 8 others.
  • MarksmanBryanMarksmanBryan
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 2,475
    Nexon has stated in several different occasions that they are aware of the issue, and how difficult it actually is to properly handle this. That thread was closed for witch hunting, which is pretty obvious if you read the comments. The UGC issue is a high priority for Nexon.
    Techn0mancerTalnovaKiudaCylil
  • TeirdalinTeirdalin
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 675
    edited 3:28PM October 19, 2018
    That is rather unfair to content creators. Personally I'd hate it if someone stole my content in a marketplace and resold it without permission; especially with no punishment dealt out to the thieves.
    idontreallyknowman
  • BluclueBluclue
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 5,190
    The thread was closed because they thought posting names of meret farming Alts were considered witch hunting according to official response. But I'm not going to lie, I personally find the whole witch hunting rule absolutely retarded. It's gotten to an extreme where we can't expose anyone at all. Honestly it just encourages people to be more obnoxious, knowing that their reputation will be safe regardless of what they do.
    mirta000UllJozar
  • TeirdalinTeirdalin
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 675
    edited 4:02PM October 19, 2018
    Bluclue wrote: »
    The thread was closed because they thought posting names of meret farming Alts were considered witch hunting according to official response. But I'm not going to lie, I personally find the whole witch hunting rule absolutely retarded. It's gotten to an extreme where we can't expose anyone at all. Honestly it just encourages people to be more obnoxious, knowing that their reputation will be safe regardless of what they do.

Couldn't people in theory just encrypt the names in a manner only people they want to be able to see the names will be able to view; then just let the rest spread by general 'word of mouth' as one might say?

Seems an awfully silly workaround, but it is a bit of a silly ruling to begin with; censoring peoples actual problems and just whistle-blowing just causes in general more issues than it's worth.
  • BluclueBluclue
    edited 6:29PM October 19, 2018
    Technically any kind of example or ''evidence'' we post regarding these people can be taken down with the ''witch hunting'' tag. Even if we were to censor all the names off screenshots of outfits posted on the design mart since you can easily find them by finding the designs on design mart. Which is even easier when many of these examples are in top sales.

People might argue that in this case, we should just report the outfits to nexon. However, the truth is, we have been reporting it for the longest time with no resolution. These designs are still on top page. They have been for over a month. Its not like we did'nt wait. We keep seeing outfits getting taken down for profanity or copyright but not rips in particular (Although some GMS2 Rips seems to have been removed as of recent)

This summarizes to the fact that nexon has not moderated their design mart properly with regards to rip exploiters. While people trying to bring this up are muffled as any kind of proof can and has been taken down under the witch hunting tag. You can say we can simply talk about it with words. However, without any proof to back us up its really difficult to have it seen as something legitimate.
    UllidontreallyknowmanJozar
  • ArkivesArkives
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 670
    Witch Hunting rule in general is stupid.
    When people do something wrong in JP/CN/KR, you'd best believe they not only ban the offenders, they name and shame then with their account names with a * for censoring certain letters of their name (but still obvious.)

These thieves shouldn't be protected at all.
    UllidontreallyknowmanIritokiSpecks
  • UllUll
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,655
    edited 3:12AM October 20, 2018
    Arkives wrote: »
    When people do something wrong in JP/CN/KR, you'd best believe they not only ban the offenders, they name and shame then with their account names with a * for censoring certain letters of their name (but still obvious.)

The west has that carebear attitude where doing something like this is "frowned upon"

but i agree w u
  • GretaGreta
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 2,080
    edited 3:18AM October 20, 2018

What if the person is innocent?

Then they might get crapped at by everyone with no reason. That's just awful.
    This is why you can't name call anyone even if you think they are not innocent.
    ZarozianDragonicWolfBizuCylil
  • idontreallyknowmanidontreallyknowman
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 3,060
    Nexon needs to stop protecting THIEVES.
    mirta000RaeviraJozarSyrusMarufujiIritoki
  • MarchinBunnyMarchinBunny
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 8,245
    I do understand the reason for not wanting anyone to call out names, but I do think Nexon is taking it a little too far. In the artist community, we often have a list of names to keep in mind of people who have been known to steal artwork. This isn't to make it into a witch hunt, but more as a means to protect ourselves and our content. And while it does ultimately end up with them being called out, I think that is good, because they should be called out. They are stealing, it's no small matter, and it's a matter that all content creators should be aware of in my opinion.

Don't want to be called out, I have a very simple solution. Don't steal. It's not that hard.
    mirta000idontreallyknowmanRaeviraSpecks
  • idontreallyknowmanidontreallyknowman
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 3,060
    Greta wrote: »

People aren't naming them if they're innocent, were naming people who are clearly stealing.
    mirta000Jozar
  • GretaGreta
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 2,080
    Greta wrote: »

People aren't naming them if they're innocent, were naming people who are clearly stealing.

What if the person who created the artwork gets the crap for stealing? Anyone can lie.
  • BluclueBluclue
    thats why we dont just trust anyone who calls people out. Plus the UGC creator's community is closer than you think. We would keep track of each other's work and we always check to confirm someone is stealing.
  • FloeFloe
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,035
    Not sure if this was mentioned before or not. Instead of contacting Nexon through some dubious form in hopes that they may or may not reply, you (as the original creator with documentation) can file a DMCA take down notice on your stolen design and submit them through Nexon.

They're then legally bound to act on that DMCA takedown and disable to stolen content forever or until the accused files a counter claim (at which point it would continue on to small claims court - not a lot of thieves will have the guts to file a counter claim notice).

So, instead of waiting for Nexon to listen (or not) go through the proper channel. You as an artist are protected no matter where you come from. Just google DMCA take-down.
  • VixroVixro
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 5,380
    Floe wrote: »
    Not sure if this was mentioned before or not. Instead of contacting Nexon through some dubious form in hopes that they may or may not reply, you (as the original creator with documentation) can file a DMCA take down notice on your stolen design and submit them through Nexon.

They're then legally bound to act on that DMCA takedown and disable to stolen content forever or until the accused files a counter claim (at which point it would continue on to small claims court - not a lot of thieves will have the guts to file a counter claim notice).

So, instead of waiting for Nexon to listen (or not) go through the proper channel. You as an artist are protected no matter where you come from. Just google DMCA take-down.

That only works if its your ugc being ripped 95% are KR/CN/Google