Check out the patch notes for the v17 Precursor Update here: http://maplestory2.nexon.net/en/news/article/53778/precursor-update-v17

The truth has dawned onto me....

Comments

• BluclueBluclue
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 5,190
    edited 5:00AM October 20, 2018
    Honestly, Kitomi is right. Maplestory is an extremely casual game with alot of content that is spread across different mini features. There is so much to do. At the end of the day you would really find yourself doing what you like most. Its the kind of game where you shouldn't be giving a crap if you are 1.5k 3k or 4k gs as long as you are having fun.

I think ultimately, the goal of the game is to just be social, make friends and have fun. Or do whatever u feel like the end game is for you.
  • ReziRezi
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,465
    edited 5:29AM October 20, 2018
    Azuchi wrote: »
    This is why i am strongly disagreeing with everyone, Having unlimited access to the dungeons won't make it P2W It gives us more incentive to farm, the drop rates are already low as heck so it would be pretty fine.

Here's a step-by-step guide of what would happen if your idea was implemented:

1. The vast majority of players will not pay for unlimited dungeon runs.

2. The very few players that will pay for unlimited dungeon runs will get the extremely rare gear that everyone else needs.

3. Those few players will capitalize on unlimited and oversaturate the market with insanely expensive endgame gear.

4. The devs will see that the market is oversaturated with said gear, ignoring the price, and will further decrease the drop rate.

5. Flippers that have become millionaires in the game from the get-go will flip that gear, in other words buy it all up and resell it for much higher.

6. The only players able to buy endgame gear will be the few players paying for the unlimited service, since they're the only ones that will be selling new gear while inflation skyrockets.

7. Because inflation skyrockets, goldsellers will get more customers which means there will be a flood of scams by fake goldsellers, and any gold the real ones sell will further inflate the market.

8. Desperate to make money, the few payers will be forced to grind as much as they possibly can to keep up with rising prices, while flippers continue to use their money to make the inflation even worse.

9. F2Pers won't be able to get anything in the game because 1 - they'll be extremely limited by lack of runs, and 2 - they won't have the money to buy the items they're unable to farm because of the limits.

9.5. Optionally, the developers will institute gold sinks that are meant to curb inflation which actually only hurt the players that don't have any money in the first place.

10. The vast majority of the playerbase leaves and the game dies.

Every. Single. MMORPG. Ever.
    mirta000VixroPizzaBear
  • kitomisaitichikitomisaitichi
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 675
    edited 5:55AM October 20, 2018
    That doesn't even make sense. Someone who has unlimited runs, but fixed time T will only sell the best of their gears in the market.
    People will still do runs, at some drop rate R, regardless, because they do not want to pay.
    Some people will have a trade-off where they value trading their in-game currency more for the gear, while others will continue to farm and value their labor (farming) less.

The reality is, those who paid for unlimited runs would sell their slightly less than perfect gear at lower prices and these pieces would saturate the market. The perfect gear pieces would go for uber prices. You cannot put the word capitalize, unlimited and oversaturate in the same sentence. If 1,000 hardcore players oversaturate the market with 10 pieces of gear a day, with varied stats like the blue gears you see today, prices will fall. Nobody needs uber mini-maxed gears to do end-game content, so stop dreaming.

The devs have yet to decrease the drop rate of blues, and they oversaturate the market currently. If anything, you see content compression. Gears, level skips and contents that let you get to a higher purple-level score from the beginning to get more players into the game while those gears below are obsolete and those dungeons made to never be run again except the select few hobbyists. ffxiv, wow, tera.. every mmo..

You need to learn some basic economics. Flippers can't resell something for higher when the initial condition was that you have players who don't have the gears to sell to make uber moneys, and thus don't have the money to buy the gears in the first place, causing prices to go back down to equilibrum at the rate of natural inflation vs number of items being listed on the market. Try buying all the onyx everyday, every hour, see how well your 'flip' strategy works.

That is still wrong, inflation happens when an excess of currency in proportion to gear is being introduced. If everyone runs dungeons at a set rate and does dailies at a set rate, and players quit at a set rate, prices cannot go up unless the gears are being bought, and they can only be bought when people have currency. The ones selling the new gear are in competition with players who farm the gear, you still see purples today despite being 'limited' - these players didn't just vanish because there's a select 'unlimited' players. You would simply see even more purples today.

Where is this flipper making money scenario happening today with gear. The # of hours invested remain the same or even less now during double drop weekends. I didn't P2P my way into anything in this game. I bought the purples and did guild runs. Yes I spent money on the game, but not specifically any unlimited dungeon run pass. Even if it existed, this just means more purples and lower prices.

Devs are not going to lower the drop rates, they will just introduce more tiers of raids. The hardcores of the hardcores will always get the unlimited passes, the normal hardcores will sell their loots to the semi-competitives and midcores, while the casuals don't even care in the first place. The only time inflation happens is when there is an exploit or gold bots are pumping currency into the economy without introducing items that people want. People who are farm gears and currency are not going to cause inflation.

Also when the rate of mesos earned is exponentiated at certain level gaps, and the initial playerbase wave for the few select items at the very beginning/intro of gears.

Notice how all the unlimited players are farming currency, and the ones that are limited don't. This just means that uber gears with max stats will go for the highest price, while second-tier (almost good) will dominate the market. Every semi-HC or midcore player will grab these if they find running is too tedious, and we will get another blue-gear scenario with purples. Anyhow, the reality is that HC players will quit faster, and MS will be making less revenue, so they will obviously not be doing this.

• idontreallyknowmanidontreallyknowman
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 3,060
    edited 5:48AM October 20, 2018
    Hi I've spent over 150$ + on costumes alone and I think it's wonderful that there's ZERO pay to win c:

You shouldn't get to be special for spending money on a game, this game being not P2W is why a lot of my friends are here.
    mirta000TalnovaValwyn
  • ReziRezi
    You completely ignored everything I and others have said.

1. You, personally, won't spend all day every day oversaturating the market with an excess of high-end gear, but the vast majority of players that use the unlimited service will. Most people don't stop while they're ahead - they keep getting ahead.

2. Flippers are already inflating prices by flipping every single item they can. They've already made enough money to flip high-end gears, and they 100% will do so any chance they get.

3. Inflation is when the value of currency decreases and the value of products and services increase. This means that players will need more money to buy any given item, which means they'll grind for more money.

In real life, this isn't an issue because currency production is limited by the federal government and the acquisition of currency by the people is limited by their wages or other federally limited methods, which means that if a government overproduces its currency, the economy will simply collapse.

But in games, currency can be infinitely gained through monsters, dailies, and other aspects of the game that generate currency from thin air. This infinite currency cannot be artificially limited without destroying the game's entire framework of design, which means that players who are able to generate that money en masse - such as bots>goldsellers and unlimited runners like you're suggesting - will be the sole generators of excess currency helping the flippers infinitely inflate the economy.

You're the one who doesn't understand basic economics, and neither do developers - because they're developers, not economists. That's why developers keep up this broken system that always leads to infinite inflation, because it's what every other developer does and they don't know any better. Then flippers, goldsellers, and P2Wers with unlimited access infinitely inflate the economy and the playerbase leaves, killing the game.

I don't understand why you're not getting this when everyone is telling you that this is the case.
    mirta000
  • kitomisaitichikitomisaitichi
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 675
    edited 6:19AM October 20, 2018
    Rezi wrote: »
    You completely ignored everything I and others have said.

1. You, personally, won't spend all day every day oversaturating the market with an excess of high-end gear, but the vast majority of players that use the unlimited service will. Most people don't stop while they're ahead - they keep getting ahead.

2. Flippers are already inflating prices by flipping every single item they can. They've already made enough money to flip high-end gears, and they 100% will do so any chance they get.

3. Inflation is when the value of currency decreases and the value of products and services increase. This means that players will need more money to buy any given item, which means they'll grind for more money.

In real life, this isn't an issue because currency production is limited by the federal government and the acquisition of currency by the people is limited by their wages or other federally limited methods, which means that if a government overproduces its currency, the economy will simply collapse.

But in games, currency can be infinitely gained through monsters, dailies, and other aspects of the game that generate currency from thin air. This infinite currency cannot be artificially limited without destroying the game's entire framework of design, which means that players who are able to generate that money en masse - such as bots>goldsellers and unlimited runners like you're suggesting - will be the sole generators of excess currency helping the flippers infinitely inflate the economy.

You're the one who doesn't understand basic economics, and neither do developers - because they're developers, not economists. That's why developers keep up this broken system that always leads to infinite inflation, because it's what every other developer does and they don't know any better. Then flippers, goldsellers, and P2Wers with unlimited access infinitely inflate the economy and the playerbase leaves, killing the game.

I don't understand why you're not getting this when everyone is telling you that this is the case.

Currency is not unlimited, Currency comes at a fixed rate per T unit of time spent on the game. You can imagine people with unlimited playing hours everyday, but this world doesn't exist. You are conflating me oversaturating the market with high-end gear, with price inflation. I basically just said what you said, the gear market will be oversaturated and everyone will have the second-best gears, that just means people get bored quicker and quit faster.

Okay buddy, keep dreaming. I will see these suits jumping to 20m anyday now... not they are already at 4-5m due to double drop weekends. People don't need high-end gears with mini-maxed stats to run dungeons, and raids, repeat after me, repeat after me. They only need sufficiently good gears, and inventory space is a limited resource, kapeesh? I dismantle and sell gears that are 'almost good' and not perfect if I had the chance to do so.

Players will grind for more money, and you know what also happens? Players who farm gears will also farm more gears and have only so many inventory slots and will get rid of their UNLIMITED gears (sucky, second-tier, and almost good gears) and mesos will disappear from taxes. Players don't need more money to buy any item, they can just farm more. That's what most people are doing nowadays, how many people do you see with max piercing / max boss dmg gears? Nobody but the hardcores of the hardcores, and do you need to do 5-7 minute runs? No. You can get by with mediocre purple, or latest gears of normal stats, whihc means players don't need to farm more mesos to buy anything so stop dreaming.

If I'm farming 50 raids a day with my unlimited pass, I'm not going to keep 100 pieces of gear, wake up to the fresh smell of reality.
    What will actually happen is that I get the best gears, farm some more best gears, sell. Get a lot of mesos, have everything and quit. The other gears which suck, I will just sell, if I can't, I'll dismantle. Everyone else will get the 'gradually' better gears as the unlimited players are already geared, and then content compression will happen and everyone will jump to the next tier of gears.

Anyways, working players who have money don't have unlimited time to play games, so stop it with your nonsensical inflation arguments. 24 hours of farming dungeons and raids will still mean an equal number of items to mesos proportion is occuring, meaning the value of gears cannot inherently go up. 10 hamburgers being added to the economy, and 100 mesos everyday to a population of 1,000 changing to 20 hamburgers and 200 mesos is not going to spike the value of the hamburgers. Hamburgers isn't even the right analogy since gears are something you only use once or get a better version of and not a consumable, but the fact remains is no one in the economy is going to come up with 100,000 mesos in a pinch to buy the uber hamburger because these players don't exist, and the proportion of gear to mesos being introduced to the economy is the same. In fact, the proportion is tilted towards more gears over mesos, 200,000 mesos divided by 10 gears, 20 gears, 40 gears... Meso farming is linear, gears disappearing from the market is slower than being introduced, meaning deflation. Notice the transfer of mesos from normal players to unlimited players, with taxes taking even more mesos out of the economy. This means unlimited players will have a playerbase of decreasing mesos overall, with increasing gears, meaning the value of gear inherently diminishes once they reach near cap or cap gear. The only spikes happen is when aggregate demand exceeds aggregate supply at price point U with equilibrium T* which is at the beginning of every single raid or dungeon requirement, once the hardcores hardcores pass by, everyone has the gears, everyone does the farming, and your nonsensical ubermansch gears needed for the dungeon/raids doesn't even exist. Nobody needs a +99 weapon and armor to do the next top thing, even if they did, cdevs will hear a complaint from 99% of the players and content compression happens with toned down difficulty and everyone gets the gears, cycle repeats ad nausem, every game.
  • ReziRezi
    edited 6:17AM October 20, 2018
    Currency is not unlimited, Currency comes at a fixed rate per T unit of time spent on the game.

Once again, you've completely missed the point.

The reason why currency in real life is limited is because when inflation occurs, which it always does at an increasing rate, federal governments literally stop the presses. That is, the currency presses. They stop creating money from scratch. This subsequently forces companies to decrease their prices because otherwise no one at all will be able to buy their products.

But in games, currency is unlimited because there's no off-switch for its production. Monsters continue to drop gold; daily quests continue to give gold. Items sold to NPCs continue to give new gold in return. The currency production never stops, so the market never has to decrease prices because someone, somewhere is going to keep buying those items, and most of those people will be flippers that intentionally put items back on the market at a higher price.

This is inevitable. It's one of the main reasons why MMOs die. It's the sole reason why some games have died, the best example being DarkScape which followed every single step I listed in that exact order. It's why Mabinogi is inflated. It's why Vindictus is inflated. It's why every single MMORPG is inflated. And the more inflation there is, alongside the more reliant players are at using the market to get items with horrible RNG, the more players ragequit and the game dies.

Infinite inflation is inevitable. It always will be so long as a game has a player market without limits against selling items, especially flipping. But your idea will make years worth of inflation happen in a matter of weeks. It's a bad idea, and it's an instant NO.
    mirta000PizzaBear
  • MarchinBunnyMarchinBunny
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 8,245
    Ok, correct me if I am, wrong here, but whether there is a limit or not doesn't actually make a big difference for most players.
    I also don't think inflation is nearly as bad as you are putting it.

The reason I say that is because many of the problems that come with inflation also happen using a limit. For example, rare gear is going to be super expensive with the limit because it's rarer than it would be without the limit. As such, those who want to buy such equipment are going to have to invest a lot of time into the game, but because there is a limit in how many dungeon runs they can do it will, in fact, slow down their progression. The end result here is people who spend more time in the game are still going to be ahead, it just slows it down considerably while giving the same problems as if inflation had already happened.

While unlimited run means inflation will occur, making item prices super expensive, but it also means you can get more of these items, making them less rare than they would have been. This however still means people who want this gear will have to grind for it. You will end up having a ton of people ahead far more quickly than you would with the previous method, but the end result seems about the same beyond that. In both scenarios, most players can't afford this gear unless they spend time grinding for it. So the limit is really only limiting the players who want to play more and doesn't help the casual players at all.

I don't know, maybe I am just not getting it. But I don't see how the limit actually changes anything other than slowing down the players who don't want to be slowed down.

Also, Mabinogi's inflation is only as bad as it is because of the gacha, "newer" content (Like how shadow missions provide a better reward than dungeons for the amount of time spent.), and gold sellers. But considering those things, it's actually not that bad unless you are trying to buy gacha related items but those have more to do with the rarety of the item and not so much inflation. And we are talking about a game that is pretty much 10 years old or so. No dungeon limits present in Mabinogi, and I would say it's doing pretty alright considering everything working against it.
    Rezi
  • PanditePandite
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 900
    imma make this short.

i read 2 paragraphs. im not saying you're wrong, but the game in a good place right now. no pay2win+ample fashion for f2p players.

you dont need 'pay2win' mechanics to support or make a game fun.
    I dont see how you could be satisfied knowing your wallet did most of the work for you. right now almost everything available is purely cosmetic, and its beautiful

most of the time, f2p players who dont plan on buying anything dont because they have reasons. not everyone is comfortable living on noodles just so they get like 30 more dps than the rest of the crowd.

personally i'll be glad to make a bad decision every now and then but there's really no cost effective options for a budgeting player.
    like wow. I spent 50 bucks and now im categorically 2 weeks stronger than the average player lol.
    it'd be easier to support some weird 'p2w' movement if it was more common to get some bang for your buck.

lastly, I used to play AoW, so you can see why I cant buy into the bull.
  • TalnovaTalnova
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 2,065
    edited 9:55AM October 20, 2018
    What is everyone winning here? A PvE game and a small leaderboard that only the most elite of the elite guilds care about. You can choose to spend more time or money, it's a pretty good trade off. The additional time and money is well-balanced. You can get extremely fast mounts in game, or buy them. You can only grind movement speed buffs through the prestige system. You can get some small EXP buff and teleport instantly or heals more. If anything, this is merely pay to save time. You still need to grind your #ss off to get your gear. All in all, the hours that you save on spending money on this game, and the additional small awards like getting trophies for having all instruments and being a few ranks more on your leaderboard for the guild is hardly pay2win. Winning implies you are comparing yourself relative to other players in some general competitive aspect that everyone cares about like PvP, some fuzzy leaderboard rankings and being in the top 0.2% of players with a high skill level to dodge attacks, high level of attack execution and generous funds for some HP potions running in some limited time dungeon giving some 2 week expiry belt and a small temporary buff potion in my eyes is not going to make you the #1 leader of PvE. Everyone will be able to do raids, everyone will be able to do dungeons, exactly how is it p2w when everyone is progressing almost at the same linear rate proportional to their time investment, exception of RNG?

The 20% Xp buff and premium dungeon mesos, yes is an advantage, but measurably, relative to F2Ps how much more relative to the baseline is it so much so that any generic F2P and normal P2P player is going to be that much more different..? Unless you are at the elite level, investing 6-12hrs/day, which the majority are not I can hardly fanthom why this even matters. At that level you are already determined to spend on whatever advantages you can get, and you are willing to take days off work/family/friends to be on that #1 clear or leaderboard or some silly thing that the rest of the playerbase doesn't even care about.

There is no truth. The truth is people are complaining about comparing relative players' level of progress when these people aren't even adding them to their friend's lists to check on them every week to be jealous or envious, and the majority of people are playing with their same group/friends/guild throughout the game. Casuals with casuals, hardcores with hardcores. Nobody gives a flying @ss that you got a +15 set gear because you made 6 accounts with 8 alts and activated premium on all of them, and mereted your way to every B4 dungeon unless you are hardcore hardcore, which already does not describe the average player in this game. The truth is people have the need to complain about every monetization scheme or business practice of every game when they are not willing to put the time into the game, or time into real life. If they really valued whatever they truely valued, they would of spend the time in the game or real life to get that money, or in-game currency to trade to get that unique snowflake costume. The reality is, artificial scarcity, uniqueness, rarity and getting advantages is a prime motive of many paying individuals and using that doesn't mean the game is automatically worse. This is why people argue about the magnitude of it, how much of it is necessary to do anything in this game, etc - and in my eyes, this game cannot be said to be p2w.

You're not going to generate a bajillion onyx from simply being a paying player, you also have to be a playing player. If you're playing, you will already have some sense of achievement for yourself to return to the game. The truth is, statistically speaking, free to pay players are not going to be playing with pay to pay players the majority of the time besides the dungeon queue for generic dungeons. Yes, there are many people who do pick-up groups, but anyone can notice founders mostly were in founder guilds and had mostly founder requirements like high gear scores or trophies of which founder advantages conferred and selected for the most at the beginning. Paying players are most likely to have friends in real life who also have jobs, and also enjoy games, and also spend money. Same as obese people, same as any type of people because most people become friends with people who are similar to them. So I cannot see how paying and free to play players are going to hate themselves against one another.

F2P players already determined at the beginning either they will spend when they feel they derive sufficient satisfaction in the game to warrant them to pay to get more advantages, or more social status from nicer cosmetics, or whatever things they more value as they play more while P2P players either have a lower threshold before they need spending, already derive greater satisifaction to justify spending, or are more competitive overall in getting advantages. Whatever it is, these two groups have no reason to hate each other for their spending habits and this game quite frankly does not limit itself to only f2p or p2p players, so whatever arguments people are making here are pretty much superfluous and pointless in retrospect.

Out of all the people I run with, all the people I meet in this game, I hardly see anyone complaining that p2p players are destroying this game. If anything I see p2p players complaining about not getting enough value out of their purchases like style crates, but now that everything has a set price and people can choose to pay it or not, there's no reason left to complain about it. For trophies locked behind paying or doing events, very few people choose to be at the top for this. You can see this with the low 400 or 500 trophy requirement in the elite guilds which can be reached from doing most of the exploration achievements which any f2p can do with 12-16 hrs/day amassing 50-120 trophies a day if they wanted to. Someone needs to inform me what aspect of this game is so paying that other players are complaining on a daily basis in game. Even the world chats and channel chats are rarely needed to be used often, there's discord and various other channels of communication. You can befriend and whisper people. Nothing in this game is so restricted and so time-intensive to dissuade a f2p player from playing.

I agree with most of what you are saying, I mean honestly in most cases the people with more time will not be playing with casual players because they will have formed their own groups. I disagree this is a paying vs non-paying player thing though, it is a common fallacy that poor = time, rich = no time, it's just that people with more time would be better off actually playing the game then something like afk fishing since it is pretty weak compared to other options. Basically if you have more time, there is not much point spending money, except maybe when you sleep.

Regardless, I agree "winning" doesn't comes into it except when it gets to a point where you cannot get into a guild or group unless you have met certain requirements, and at the moment the requirements for getting into a top guild require time. There is no way for people to just buy their way to the top of the game. Everything money earns really does add up to convenience, apart from maybe the Dark Descent belt, but honestly it only lasts two weeks and only the top % of players would care to spend money on that, anyone who is a casual player would be unlikely to get far even with an unlimited elixir supply.
  • VixroVixro
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 5,380
    I'm sorry but this thread is just ridiculous. (Speaking from a person who spends hundreds if not thousands on gaming). I have played MMOs that allow you to p2w and buy dungeon resets and buy items that allow you to buy items to craft end game gear. Then what? you reached your end game gear on day one and then? you're done. MS2 has a system where everyone is equal and you have limits that prevent you from reaching end game on max chars on day one. Your point of "you free players are just alt2win" is just flawed in every sense and quite frankly makes no sense at all. I am a paying players and I have 3+ level 60 characters. You cannot compare something such as paying your way to better gear and making alts to do the same as one of those options is available to everyone while the other is not therefore it is not the same.

With the style crate and meret market nexon has decided on that being the way they wish to gain an income and I believe it is completely okay for them to do so. Cosmetic items will NEVER impact gameplay therefor it does not matter how much a player is willing to spend to obtain what he or she desires from the store being that 150$+ pumpkin costume or any other RNG/Gamble costume that comes up in the future.

By forcing everyone to be on a fair playing field where you cannot progress further by spending your money this will keep the community population high as opposed to your other mmos that are blatantly p2w and have now died/ in the process of dying.
    ValwynTalnovaPizzaBear
  • XxPoseidonxXXxPoseidonxX
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 2,450
    edited 2:59PM October 21, 2018
    The OP is entirely correct, but this thread is completely bucking the tide. The real issue is that when you do spend money on this game, or rather if you have spent money on this game up to about a week after launch, you feel screwed over. And the reality is, Nexon has screwed you over.

You bought founders because you thought it was going to be like KMS2 or CMS2? Nope GMS2 is going to function entirely different. However, they were understanding and refunded anyone who was upset over their decisions.

They explained how the style crates were going to go... And yet they were completely, disproportionately expensive compared to that thread. Therefore, Nexon added a compensation and readjusted the rates.

The free2win vs pay2win arguments are almost entirely different territory,. Nonetheless, the fact stands that if you invested your money into this game, in some way... whether it was leading you into entirely different expectations or botching the launch of the name reservation event or any other unmentioned thing... you were screwed over.

~~~~~~~~~~

Nexon really hasn't addressed this. Nor have they addressed concerns of the same players about their want to spend more on the game. The cash shop is empty if you've got $500 to burn on clothes and have bought everything. Not everyone is going to want to UGC. (I don't understand how the Meso to Meret conversion works because I quit so fast; so, I'm not going to speak on whether it is still cheaper to do that illegally outside of game.)

For now, the fact will stand that this game is not friendly to those who want to spend large sums on it. What we're going to have to do is accept that, avoid the obvious broken systems like the original style crates (if it's even possible to avoid being screwed over), and, ultimately, play the game like every other free2play player.

If you want more bang for your buck, until Nexon changes its stance towards this, you're going to have to find another game.
  • mirta000mirta000
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 8,275
    The OP is entirely correct, but this thread is completely bucking the tide. The real issue is that when you do spend money on this game, or rather if you have spent money on this game up to about a week after launch, you feel screwed over. And the reality is, Nexon has screwed you over.

You bought founders because you thought it was going to be like KMS2 or CMS2? Nope GMS2 is going to function entirely different. However, they were understanding and refunded anyone who was upset over their decisions.

They explained how the style crates were going to go... And yet they were completely, disproportionately expensive compared to that thread. Therefore, Nexon added a compensation and readjusted the rates.

The free2win vs pay2win arguments are almost entirely different territory,. Nonetheless, the fact stands that if you invested your money into this game, in some way... whether it was leading you into entirely different expectations or botching the launch of the name reservation event or any other unmentioned thing... you were screwed over.

~~~~~~~~~~

Nexon really hasn't addressed this. Nor have they addressed concerns of the same players about their want to spend more on the game. The cash shop is empty if you've got $500 to burn on clothes and have bought everything. Not everyone is going to want to UGC. (I don't understand how the Meso to Meret conversion works because I quit so fast; so, I'm not going to speak on whether it is still cheaper to do that illegally outside of game.)

For now, the fact will stand that this game is not friendly to those who want to spend large sums on it. What we're going to have to do is accept that, avoid the obvious broken systems like the original style crates (if it's even possible to avoid being screwed over), and, ultimately, play the game like every other free2play player.

If you want more bang for your buck, until Nexon changes its stance towards this, you're going to have to find another game.

wait. You quit because you bought everything that there was to buy that appealed to you? Erm... Do you also buy all the DLC for singleplayer games and then immediately stop playing due to not having anything else to purchase?
    Besides, we're getting more direct buy stuff next November when the next lootbox releases. That being said, how did you even fit the current lot into an inventory? Did you buy inventory expansions as well?
  • XxPoseidonxXXxPoseidonxX
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 2,450
    mirta000 wrote: »
    wait. You quit because you bought everything that there was to buy that appealed to you? Erm... Do you also buy all the DLC for singleplayer games and then immediately stop playing due to not having anything else to purchase?
    Besides, we're getting more direct buy stuff next November when the next lootbox releases. That being said, how did you even fit the current lot into an inventory? Did you buy inventory expansions as well?

If you play the main story and play all the DLC and extra content for a game, what else is there left? Like the OP may have said, not everyone has time or is willing to grind out content. Most importantly, if there is a grind it has to be fun. Otherwise, how are you going to keep players for the long-term? It's only natural if other things are more fun, one is more likely to do other things, yeah?
  • ConspiConspi
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 595
    Err, at the same time you can just make your own designs and put them in the markets in hopes of someone buying them.

That's how my friend made atleast 50k+ merits alone. No cashing out at all, really. They also basically hand you the free template vouchers to get you started.

Even if you aren't good at designing, there are a lot of things that are badly designed which have a lot of sales.

So no, you don't have to spend all of that money on the crates.
  • CyberliskCyberlisk
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,420
    edited 2:53AM October 22, 2018
    Or let's go back to the days of Runescape where only 20% of the game is free and you have to pay to access 80% of the world. Anyways , Hi! I like Nexon's current movement , and I decided to support them . I purchased a $100 founder's pack, convinced my friend to also buy a $25 founders . Then I further loaded another $30. Im still holding my merets because I AM a little disappointed in the premium shop , was hoping for more . But yea...I honestly think a large group of people spending $100 is better than a small group of people that are throwing some thousands at the game.

But you know what , arguing over this is pointless . Come back in a year and let's see who was right. Because if you ARE right then either P2W will come within a year , or the game will shutdown / slow down.
    mirta000XxPoseidonxX