Check out the patch notes for the v20 Lovely Update here: http://maplestory2.nexon.net/en/news/article/55909/lovely-update-v20

"Dungeon Limit Change for November " by LAMBCOOK

NXACuddlesNXACuddles
MapleStory 2 Rep: 69,405
Administrator
edited 5:29PM October 19, 2018 in Team Blogs
Dear Maplers,

As promised in an earlier blog, I'm here to report to you what we were able to discuss, decide and implement for dungeon limits.

What are Dungeon Limits?

For those who are not familiar with dungeon limits, pressing ";" in-game pops up the Dungeon UI. From the left side, you can see how many dungeons you've completed so far, and how many more you can complete. Here are some simple rules of how it works currently.

image2.png
  • Only completed dungeons count towards the limit: If you've lost the battle in a dungeon, don't worry. Your dungeon limit count will only go down if you've won the battle and received the loot roll for dungeon completion. This means you can make as many attempts you'd like until you get the team and timing just right to clear it.
  • 10 dungeons per day: You can get full dungeon rewards up to 10 times a day. There's no stopping you from doing more dungeons beyond this to help out a friend or just for practice but you won't be receiving loot rolls. You do get dungeon clearing EXP though.
  • 30 dungeons per week: On top of 10 a day, you can get full dungeon rewards up to 30 times a week. This means if you achieved 10 dungeon clears per day for 3 days, you've now maxed out getting the reward pools for that week.
  • Daily limit resets every day at midnight UTC.
  • Weekly limit resets every Friday at midnight UTC.
  • You receive reward boxes with the 1st, 3rd, 5th, 10th, 15th, 20th, 25th, and 30th dungeons you complete to aid your journey.
  • This 30 dungeon limit only applies to Normal and Hard Adventure Dungeons. Other type of dungeons such as Dark Descent, Treasure, Special dungeons and (coming soon) Chaos Raids have independent dungeon limit counts.
  • Daily limit resets once when your character reaches level 50. This is because a lot more of the game opens up for you at level 50 and we don't want you to miss out. Your reward boxes get upgraded appropriate to your progression at this point as well.

The current design is because we wanted our Adventure Dungeon system to not force an endless grind with low RNG to get the gear you want, reduce polarization between hardcore and casual players and promote party play between all types of players. We believe this system allows you to get gear/resources needed within a reasonable amount of time. But it hasn't been without issues.

What is Changing?

We're hearing that many of our players feel 30 dungeons a week is just too low and that we're hindering the experience for the players who'd like to play more. Normal and Hard Adventure Dungeons are meant to be a stepping stone to aid you in getting the resources necessary to upgrade your end-game gear. But because there's not a major source of gear beyond Hard Adventure Dungeons, Adventure Dungeon runs are where character advancement ends in today's game. Here's what we are going to do to resolve this.
  • Chaos Raids (10 player, time-limited raid): This will be added in November, as previously mentioned in our roadmap. Chaos Raids are end-game content where your skills, teamplay, and gear all matter. With the addition of Chaos Raids, we expect our awesome hardcore players to prove just how strong they are. This challenge will surely be something we think many players will enjoy in addition to Adventure Dungeon runs, and with the greater challenge comes greater rewards.
  • Dungeon Limit Reset: We will be offering a one-time reset of the dungeon limit per week per account as a beta feature with the November update as well. In detail, this is how it will work:

image1.png
(Not final art)

• When you complete 30 Adventure Dungeons in a week, you will have the option to reset your counter once per account on a character of your choice per week.
  • Once reset, your character will now be able to obtain full dungeon rewards again, up to 10 per day and 30 in total before the scheduled reset time of Friday at midnight UTC.
  • We're still in discussion for the exact rewards you can get on additional dungeon runs to double-check all the technical requirements.

This essentially gives you a total of 60 dungeons per week on a character of your choice. We expect you'd use this on your main character but you can choose to do so on any character in your account and keep playing! And for the rewards, our goal is to provide rewards as close to the first 30 dungeon runs as possible, but may make some adjustments to prevent abuse and imbalancing the in-game economy.

Please note that we are adding this dungeon limit reset feature as a beta system because we came up with this solution in a short time. We expect to be ironing out the kinks and evaluating the necessity of such a system down the line as more content arrives in the game. We'll keep listening to the feedback of the players and adjust accordingly.

Lastly, one quick additional note on another topic I'm discussing with our development studio right now: the Fairfight mechanic. We are still actively discussing this based on your feedback and we'll share updates the moment we lock in on any new direction. I really appreciate so many players giving us suggestions because feedback rooted in passion like this is what guides us to make a better game.

Thanks for playing MapleStory 2!

Yours truly,
- MapleStory 2 Producer, LAMBCOOK
VixieDandaExigaAlfyieBippzyXtonyDeverillEternalxHurukidontreallyknowmanand 15 others.

Comments

• ShawnyyShawnyy
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 3,120
    edited 5:44PM October 19, 2018
    so now those with 7 chars get an extra 30 runs on their mains sweet while the people with maybe 1 char only get extra 30. seems fair. definitely not gonna cause any already existing imbalance in the "in-game economy" if that's what you wanna call it. And once again not a single mention or even an inkling of anything about thief buffs to come from the producers. then you have they saying "oh chaos raids will be a challenge so how you can see how strong you are." well we cant be strong well we cant be string if the game makes our class complete garbage and its literally lacking the ABILITY to do the damage to be competitive.
    BatislackCariseiGuardianRS
  • JetUppercutJetUppercut
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 5,535
    NXACuddles wrote: »

But because there's not a major source of gear beyond Hard Adventure Dungeons, Adventure Dungeon runs are where character advancement ends in today's game. Here's what we are going to do to resolve this.

There's a big old elephant in the room and his name is why did you identify the exact problem in this post then stick another band-aid on it that doesn't really do anything?
    I mean I get that this helps people like me who don't want to have 40 alts and spend all day enchanting gloves to unbind Onyx, but why not just add gear and onyx to other activities?
    What actual measures are you going to be putting place to make the dungeon limit not a problem in the future, aside from just sticking a harsher limit on the stuff with better rewards to trickle them out even slower?
    I'm really not getting this.
    ShawnyyBatislackCariseiHurukidontreallyknowmanVillainyScarlyMommaMako
  • MorninggMorningg
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 600
    edited 6:17PM October 19, 2018
    I believe this is NOT the best solution, as your asking players to commit 6-7 days of 1-2 hours dungeon grinding, don’t do it and you’ll fall behind.

There is nothing wrong with the current system!! Please don’t change a thing as fare fight already making this game long enough.

Edited: But if you do decide to do it this way, lift up the daily dungeons cap to atless 15!
  • EternalxEternalx
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 3,905
    This is great. I'm happy with this solution. Game's like life, work hard or fall behind.

No one is asking you to commit. If you didn't want to run dungeons before, this reset limit does not affect you in any way lol.
    CubeNoobXtony
  • XxViBeXxViBe
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,305
    edited 6:38PM October 19, 2018
    Shawnyy wrote: »
    so now those with 7 chars get an extra 30 runs on their mains sweet while the people with maybe 1 char only get extra 30. seems fair. definitely not gonna cause any already existing imbalance in the "in-game economy" if that's what you wanna call it. And once again not a single mention or even an inkling of anything about thief buffs to come from the producers. then you have they saying "oh chaos raids will be a challenge so how you can see how strong you are." well we cant be strong well we cant be string if the game makes our class complete garbage and its literally lacking the ABILITY to do the damage to be competitive.
    Bro all you do is complain lol just chill. My friend kills it with thief. Maybe ya just play like a potato. It’s playable it’s just harder. Once they have something on thief I’m sure you’ll know.
    ManasamaGusing
  • ExigaExiga
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 2,065
    edited 7:36PM October 19, 2018
    This is an interesting solution, but since fair fight is making solo dungeons so slow, I would rather ignore the 30 extra runs then drag through the same dungeon for an extra hour. I wish fair fight would be removed from solo dungeons.

It's not really fair that people just complain. Before, everyone said that the daily dungeon limit should be removed. Now, people say that it's fine. Basically, only those who are unhappy complain. I like it that the game forces you to participate in different activities. Maybe there should be more ways to get epic items instead of dungeons. That way there won't be a need to extend the number of weekly runs to 60.

People don't like the idea of the Magnetic Lure, but we drastically need another way to get end-game equipment. What if you could rarely fish epic items in certain maps, without a need for any specific lure, but you CANNOT fish items while you are auto-fishing (only manual fishing). That's a very unique and interesting way to make manual fishing more popular, while encouraging social activities (fishing in a party will increase the chance for epic item by 5%, like it increases the chance for prized fish).

That's another way to get epic items without any pay2win aspects, and will save the need to double the amount of weekly runs you can have in a dungeon.
    HashtagHealsidontreallyknowmanSpecksGusingDanDKNirimetus
  • ShawnyyShawnyy
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 3,120
    all I do is complain because that's the only way they actually make common sense changes. it took TONS AND TONS of complaining for them to actually do something about these dumb dungeon limits which should have been changes way back when people were complaining in CBT. So if I have to be the sole advocate for thief buffs then I will be just that. and Im not saying there aren't any good thief players nor am I saying that I hate it cuz I suck. I am saying that the class is just sucks (which is a common known fact for years within the game community) due to its utter lack of damage without p2w items such as lumistones (in kms2) to make the class somewhat viable. And just wait and see what your friend's tone looks like when the damage meter turns into the #1 factor in the game because the raids are on a very strict timer.
    GuardianRS
  • BatislackBatislack
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,805
    edited 8:38PM October 19, 2018
    What does this even bring outside of having to spend an entire week no lifing just to benefit from this feature?
    This actually benefit people who have already gone past the normal dungeons grind as they get 60 hard dungeons in a week. If you use this reset for normal dungeons, you are effectively wasting it.

Can't we just remove the daily/weekly limit on normal dungeons, leave it only for hard dungeons and call it a day?
    Other MMOs don't have a cap on how many times you can run normal dungeons, just on heroic/hard/savage/mythic/whateveryouwantttocallit dungeons.
    If you feel like you want your players to be able to get enough gear from normal to reach hard dungeons, than why the hell did you make epic gear have double the stats from rare gear? You are literally asking the player to play the RNG game at drops or to buy his way into hard dungeons.
    Can't you just get rid of epic gear in normal dungeons and boost rare gear to ~75% of epic gear power? Make a +10 rare gear have the same power as an unenchanted piece of epic and make it so you get 2.1k gearscore when you have on average full rares +5 or something.
    This will allow more players to reach the 2.1k gearscore, which in turn will also reduce the amount of ridiculous "Buy your carry for 1m mesos" bullshit going on.
    And if you want to down people from progressing too fast, than reduce the limit of hard dungeons you can do.
    CariseiHauvenidontreallyknowmanSkiyoshiSmellyMellySyrusMarufuji
  • GreenSoup2HoTGreenSoup2HoT
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,300
    About the dungeon cap reset. I hope its only a lvl cap feature. You already see bot's in dungeons.
    AgentSheep
  • FinaltidusFinaltidus
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 420
    I like it. I just wish it didn't have a daily cap, keep the weekly one though. Some people might not be able to play most days and it is good if they can run through their dungeons over the weekend. I think people here are being a bit too harsh. This is definitely better than it was.
    SmellyMelly
  • GrizzybehrGrizzybehr
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,115
    Daily limit should be raised. Needing to cap 6 days a week with the amount of time required is asking a lot in this day and age with the stuff ppl have going on. Personally I have tons of time 3 days a week which worked good, needing to squeeze the other 30 in the remaining four is going to suck hard.

I’m definitely in favor of getting epics other methods. I think this needs to be looked into for us.
    idontreallyknowmanSmellyMelly
  • GarlicBreadGarlicBread
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 3,035
    Shawnyy wrote: »
    all I do is complain because that's the only way they actually make common sense changes. it took TONS AND TONS of complaining for them to actually do something about these dumb dungeon limits which should have been changes way back when people were complaining in CBT. So if I have to be the sole advocate for thief buffs then I will be just that. and Im not saying there aren't any good thief players nor am I saying that I hate it cuz I suck. I am saying that the class is just sucks (which is a common known fact for years within the game community) due to its utter lack of damage without p2w items such as lumistones (in kms2) to make the class somewhat viable. And just wait and see what your friend's tone looks like when the damage meter turns into the #1 factor in the game because the raids are on a very strict timer.

I think you mean tons of complaining from many different people not 1 person. you really needa just getgud because I see all classes in raids doing just fine as is, if you hate your class this much dude then stop being a masochist and just switch, clearly it's not for you. and clearly this not important or a problem if you are alone in this ''plz i beg of you buff my op pvp class plz sir'' and no don't use the ''oh i'm doing this for others'' nah, it's for you.
    Manasama
  • ShadowsBeneaShadowsBenea
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 3,880
    I'm still a firm believer raids sure lock us out, dungeons to get gear and progress? No, you shouldn't have a limit especially with how abysmal drop rates already can be.
  • CLCCLC
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,375
    edited 12:08AM October 20, 2018
    This is honestly one of the worst solutions out there.

Why would you limit the daily count if your intention was to benefit casual players?
    "10 dungeons per day: You can get full dungeon rewards up to 10 times a day." "reduce polarization between hardcore and casual players "

Only a hardcore player has time to play 2 hours everyday.

Giving it a total weekly count would make much more sense. Many casual gamers have a limited time they can play during the week, but sometimes an excess during one day. Instead of 10/30 (or 10/60) it should be 30/30 (or 30/60)

GREATLY INCREASE THE DAILY LIMIT. KEEP THE WEEKLY.

Your current solution is worse for casual players...

I've always thought MMORPGs were about character progression - something MS2 has an extreme lacking.

This system just promotes alts farming for your main, this works against character progression greatly. A solution could be:
    100 dungeons a week (total)
    10 more every level 50 character.
    idontreallyknowmanFantasykittenVillainyScarlyAexyWarame
  • JhuraJhura
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 950
    edited 11:59PM October 19, 2018
    The main problem here is there is unused content that is literally going to waste because of this. Why would you run anything but end game dungeons when you are punished by not doing so? If you want to help a guildie? Too bad. You want to farm a mid game dungeon for cosmetics? Too bad. You want to get trophies and dyes that can be obtained from running non-end game dungeons? Too bad. You will only see the same handful of dungeons because your runs are limited.

I don't mind if there is a weekly limit on Hard Dungeons and Chaos Raids, but the Normal dungeons need to NOT have a limit what so ever. It is unnecessary time gating from the end game, it limits the players options on helping others or farming for cosmetics, and it just isn't practical.

Idea:

Unlimited Normal Dungeons
    30 Hard Dungeon weekly limit, 10 Daily
    Chaos Raids: whatever lockout you think is best as this is the challenging end game content.
    StarhidontreallyknowmanFantasykittenHallangreWarameSherriSnoogemValentinySyrusMarufujiNirimetus
  • CLCCLC
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,375
    NXACuddles wrote: »

But because there's not a major source of gear beyond Hard Adventure Dungeons, Adventure Dungeon runs are where character advancement ends in today's game. Here's what we are going to do to resolve this.

There's a big old elephant in the room and his name is why did you identify the exact problem in this post then stick another band-aid on it that doesn't really do anything?
    I mean I get that this helps people like me who don't want to have 40 alts and spend all day enchanting gloves to unbind Onyx, but why not just add gear and onyx to other activities?
    What actual measures are you going to be putting place to make the dungeon limit not a problem in the future, aside from just sticking a harsher limit on the stuff with better rewards to trickle them out even slower?
    I'm really not getting this.

It's not even a band-aid solution. It's telling someone who hurt their left leg to look at their right leg.
    Aexy
  • SecrotsSecrots
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 2,475
    I feel like removing the limit on normal dungeons and maintaining it on hard mode would have been a much more consistent solution. Once you get into hard mode dungeons, there's not really as many complaints about the cap being a thing. Players will just go spam normals on their alts to fund their main.

This method seems to be angled in a way to prevent alts from benefiting much at all, so I have to ask...why not just do it that way? It would remove all reason to even care about alts without any massive impact.
    StarhFantasykitten
  • cyzmyasscyzmyass
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 320
    I love this idea, this makes the game so much better. ++++

Game is more fun playing content on my fave main, than being forced to make alts to continue enjoying the game after cap.

StarhCubeNoob
  • BatislackBatislack
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,805
    Jhura wrote: »
    I don't mind if there is a weekly limit on Hard Dungeons and Chaos Raids, but the Normal dungeons need to NOT have a limit what so ever. It is unnecessary time gating from the end game, it limits the players options on helping others or farming for cosmetics, and it just isn't practical.
    Not to mention that it also prevents you from completing certain daily missions because otherwise you'd take away from your hard dungeons limit.
    CariseiJhuraHauvenStarhidontreallyknowmanFantasykittenHallangreAexyWaramebg1987
  • HashtagHealsHashtagHeals
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 925
    I am a firm believer that in normal / hard dungeons there shouldn't be a limit on the amount of dungeons a player can do. But, I am a firm believer on raid limits / lockouts. With the way the game feels now progression is fixed behind either the dungeon limits or the players time to make alts to feed the main gear. I haven't seen a MMO do this type of progression like ever. And this bandaid fix of you can reset your dungeons when you finish all 30. I can't even stand doing hard dungeons anymore now that I am at 60 like a majority of the player base. Fair fight took a 9 minute or less fight to almost 20+ minutes with random players. So because we decided to progress our levels we get hit with a negative for just progressing.

If the game is to progress into something any type of player can play dungeon limits need to disappear for normal/hard and have a limit and lockout for raids.

And honestly fix the server times to reflect their actual server locations. If you have a west server put it on pacific time not utc. same goes for the other ones.
    JhuraGawertyStarhidontreallyknowmanFantasykittenPeepiNeoRaphaelOnealVillainyDarkpixie99and 2 others.