Check out the patch notes for the v17 Precursor Update here: http://maplestory2.nexon.net/en/news/article/53778/precursor-update-v17

Error Code D00000

GodkarpGodkarp
MapleStory 2 Rep: 300
edited 5:39PM October 18, 2018 in Tech Support
Yep, another one here suffering from this error code. Can't play the game for more than 5 minutes. I was fine for the entire first week of the game, it just started doing this to me yesterday afternoon. I have not downloaded anything besides the Nexon Client and Maplestory 2 since I started playing the game. Researching it on the internet has granted me the following results, which I have tried and none of them have worked:

-Restarting PC
-Uninstalling the anticheat and then reverifying the games files
-Reinstalling the game itself
-Deleting programs that might have names the anticheat would find suspicious (Malwarebytes being one of them)

If anyone has found any solutions for this please help. I am so frustrated with this.

Comments

• GodkarpGodkarp
    I might have found the solution for myself, so I'll post it here in case anyone runs into the same problem - I uninstalled and then reinstalled the nexon launcher and now it is running without any issue. So far.
  • OtenoOteno
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 100
    Sadly your method didn't work for me. I did the same stuff as you did and im still getting the error
  • GodkarpGodkarp
    Sorry to hear that. This error plagued me for 2 days so I don't really know what could have caused it.
  • OtenoOteno
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 100
    its been plaguing me since the update
  • GailrinGailrin
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,445
    I'm having this issue as well on another system. My main Desktop is fine, but my secondary desktop gets the same issue whenever I play on it. I don't even have any sort of cheating software installed on it. Most of whats installed is just various games, video drivers and the software that comes bundled with it, and windows.
  • RespiteRespite
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 400
    I'm having the same issue. Been dealing with it for the past 3 days, my friend had it too but it resolved for him the next day, without having to do a thing. I can 100% assure you that it's not an issue with the applications on your desktop. I tried uninstalling many applications on my desktop, along with drivers and it didn't make a difference. I did a clean boot, but turns out i had everything disabled already. Also tried system restore, but nothing changed. I honestly don't know at this point.
  • TanhaTanha
    This didn't happen to me in beta so I don't know why its happening to me since release.
  • SchneemondSchneemond
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 430
    OMG
    Finally people who have the same problem as me. And that since 17.10.2018.
    Since that day in the evening I get every 2-5min a server kick.
    I'm in contact with the support team and they are really trying to help.
    A solution has not been found yet.
    I play MS2 since 1.10. and since 17.10 I get permanent server kicks from the Hackshield.
    They have to know what they did up there, what that triggers now.
    My paid premium continues to run.. do I get compensation?

*Sorry if my english sounds stupid, I speak german.
    D0000.jpg
    SkyToWHelpPlox
  • HelpPloxHelpPlox
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 420
    Wassup Yall
    New victim of the error here, its been happening since the last patch for me before that I'd just get random disconnects.
    I did everything everyone told me to do and when I submitted a ticket and gave them my process list all they could do was give the ticket to the appropriate department and I haven't heard from them since. RIP.
    At least we're all in this together like the wildcats ya feel me
  • DigitalcatDigitalcat
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,960
    edited 3:31AM October 23, 2018
    Do all of you happen to run windows defender? Or some have recently updated their windows? I didn't want to believe it at first, so I never really connected the dots, but it might be that a update of windows or some part of it that has perhaps corrupted or changed integral parts of your system, and the Anti-cheat is having none of it.

There are a few methods you could try, with one I would only use if the situation is dire, and if you really don't want to wait on a Patch that fixes it.
    -Disable Windows Defender
    -Recovering your windows 10, I'll explain how below.
    -Reinstalling your windows 10, which I really don't recommend unless you really have to.

With disabling windows defender, if you don't want to mess around in registry just to get it turned off, as Windows by default doesn't let you completely turn it off, download a third party anti-virus such as BitDefender, this will take over the Anti-Virus part of your system, so If a Windows Defender update caused it, it will now no longer be a issue.

Repairing your Windows 10 is a lot easier then in prior versions as you won't need a repair disk, but if you want to do a recovery prior to a update, pray to the Maple Bunnies that you have a recovery point set. Restart your windows, and mash f11 as your life depends on it, you'll reach a menu with Continue, Troubleshoot and Turn of PC, select Troubleshoot afterwards select advanced options. Once you got that, select System restore and if you have a recovery point sent prior to a update you should select that one, if you don't you might want to consider the next option.

Last option, and if nothing worked is to Reinstall your windows 10 completely, and while something I don't recommenced might be the only thing left to try.
    Go back into trouble shoot options from the last method, and instead of selecting advanced options, choose Reset PC, make sure to backup important things before doing so, and don't trust windows to keep all of your files safe during the process. In some cases there may not be a Reset PC option, if that happens to be, download Windows 10 onto a USB with the Official Microsoft MediaCreator tool, I'll link it below, and use that to reinstall your windows with.

Hopefully one of these things helps you lads, I can't start to fathom how infuriating this might make some of you, sometimes we all just want to play games, and not have to deal with any of this.

Let me hear of any of these steps worked, especially the first one!

Cheers lads!

https://www.microsoft.com/software-download/windows10
    HelpPlox
  • TraaseTraase
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 200
    edited 6:45AM October 23, 2018
    https://imgur.com/a/XvHaQfW

Here is list of update history. 10/18 update somewhat aligns with when the problem started occurring. I will test to see if it is the problem on my laptop which hasn't been updated yet and has worked

EDIT: the list for the history of updates for the Windows Anti-Virus is literally every day 10/16 - TODAY.
  • DigitalcatDigitalcat
    edited 8:21AM October 23, 2018
    Traase wrote: »
    https://imgur.com/a/XvHaQfW

Here is list of update history. 10/18 update somewhat aligns with when the problem started occurring. I will test to see if it is the problem on my laptop which hasn't been updated yet and has worked

EDIT: the list for the history of updates for the Windows Anti-Virus is literally every day 10/16 - TODAY.

Could you perhaps download a Antivirus such as Bitdefender to see if Windows Defender is indeed the culprit? I really wish to know, but have no way of testing it my self. It might not do anything, but in the off chance it does we'll at least know it was a recent update to it.

Also to your prior question in the last thread, if you wipe your windows through the advanced startup options, I wouldn't trust it to keep all your files, even if you tell them to keep it.
  • TraaseTraase
    I downloaded BITDefender and restarted my computer, I checked to make sure that it was now my primary anti virus with windows defender off and I am still get D0000 sadly.
  • DigitalcatDigitalcat
    edited 11:05AM October 23, 2018
    I downloaded BITDefender and restarted my computer, I checked to make sure that it was now my primary anti virus with windows defender off and I am still get D0000 sadly.

Then you can still try the other two methods I mentioned until Nexon themselves give a proper answer on what causes it, because as end-users we can't read the logs the Anti-cheat leaves as they're encrypted.

If you haven't yet, (And if you have, I apologize) sent a report to Nexon do so here, perhaps sending one and waiting instead of reinstalling your windows would be the better option.

https://support-maplestory2.nexon.net/hc/en-us/articles/360001410706-I-am-receiving-the-error-D0000-What-can-I-do-
  • RespiteRespite
    After i finally managed to solve the situation by formatting my pc, i received a response from Nexon after a couple of days.

"I'm sorry this did not work for you. Upon further investigation into our security log, it looks like your Game client has been corrupted. It does not appear to be the same version that can be downloaded from our Nexon Launcher. Please make sure to do a clean uninstall of the game and all its files, restart your computer, then reinstall. Let me know if this works for you!

Sorry for the inconvenience and hope you had a great weekend!"

Idk how it was corrupted because i downloaded from the original MS2 website and i did reinstall a bunch of times, which had no effect. Anyways, if this works for you, let me know!
  • DigitalcatDigitalcat
    edited 12:32PM October 23, 2018
    Respite wrote: »
    After i finally managed to solve the situation by formatting my pc, i received a response from Nexon after a couple of days.

"I'm sorry this did not work for you. Upon further investigation into our security log, it looks like your Game client has been corrupted. It does not appear to be the same version that can be downloaded from our Nexon Launcher. Please make sure to do a clean uninstall of the game and all its files, restart your computer, then reinstall. Let me know if this works for you!

Sorry for the inconvenience and hope you had a great weekend!"

Idk how it was corrupted because i downloaded from the original MS2 website and i did reinstall a bunch of times, which had no effect. Anyways, if this works for you, let me know!

Formatting your PC was probably the last thing I wanted you all to do, but if it works it works I suppose, but I wonder for how long. I suppose during launcher update it might have corrupted something, or perhaps a crash did.

Glad you're able to play again though! :)
  • TraaseTraase
    I just received the same response from support. Tried it but still getting error
  • DigitalcatDigitalcat
    edited 4:57PM October 23, 2018
    I just received the same response from support. Tried it but still getting error

Looks like so far the only way to solve it, is by reformatting your PC. It's up for you to decide lad, whether it's worth it or not. I'm drawing a blank to come up with any further instructions then that, and it seems that Nexon is in the same boat, as reinstalling is clearly not working.
  • HelpPloxHelpPlox
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 420
    Digitalcat wrote: »

Looks like so far the only way to solve it, is by reformatting your PC. It's up for you to decide lad, whether it's worth it or not. I'm drawing a blank to come up with any further instructions then that, and it seems that Nexon is in the same boat, as reinstalling is clearly not working.

Howdy just wanted to update ya on what happened
    I tried to disable windows defender by downloading BITdefender and that didn't work.
    And then I also tried the to recover windows which in the end made me reinstall windows 10 completely.

BUT I am happy to inform you that I have not disconnected and have not received the D0000 message (knocking on wood) ever since reinstalling windows again the only downside is that I have to replace the applications that were on it.

From what I'm guessing is that a file somehow got corrupted with the windows update and the recent patch but that's just me making an inference.
    Digitalcat
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,100
    Well this just started for me out of absolutely nowhere this morning. Fun. No issues beyond occasional 10053 errors and now I can't stay connected for longer than 30 minutes.